Too hot to handle

supervenus

Extreme Intensity

I have always been extremely intense in love - jealous, possessive, controlling, moody, overly-serious, slightly manipulative - and I can't figure out the astrological explanation for this. I always scare potential love interests away because I become too intense. I even scare myself sometimes! I notice that I draw people to me like a magnet (I can tell that they care about me deeply and are very attracted to me), but they always run from me eventually... and it usually ends with a big, dramatic argument. I have ruined every potential love relationship since I was 12 - literally.

Can someone help me understand why this is the case? Is it the Venus-Pluto-Neptune Yod? Or the T-Square? Help!? Pluto isn't particularly strong in my chart, so I don't know what the deal is...

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Astrology Chart 2012.jpg
    Astrology Chart 2012.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Claire19

Re: Extreme Intensity

I have always been extremely intense in love - jealous, possessive, controlling, moody, overly-serious, slightly manipulative - and I can't figure out the astrological explanation for this. I always scare potential love interests away because I become too intense. I even scare myself sometimes! I notice that I draw people to me like a magnet (I can tell that they care about me deeply and are very attracted to me), but they always run from me eventually... and it usually ends with a big, dramatic argument. I have ruined every potential love relationship since I was 12 - literally.

Can someone help me understand why this is the case? Is it the Venus-Pluto-Neptune Yod? Or the T-Square? Help!? Pluto isn't particularly strong in my chart, so I don't know what the deal is...

Thank you in advance.

My feeling is that with Mars and Venus in Taurus you would be possessive and wanting security. It is a very sensual placement
and wants stability and reliability. HOwever Uranus the planet of disruption, wanting freedom and not being tied down in Scorpio in the 3rd shows separations and disruptions with siblings, peer group, school friends and those that you see in an everyday context such as neighbours. This is opposing the Venus and Mars in Taurus in the 9th of higher studies and with foreign persons or those that you are involved with in a situation of faith and religion. Being fixed signs it would show stubbornness and unwillingness to change. Yes it is a magnetic situation and those with Venus and Mars together in a sensual sign would be attractive for sure. You will need to handle it and as we mature hopefully this occurs.

Last edited:

sandstone

Banned
hi supervenus,

the t square with the fixed planets, especially venus in taurus likes to have a steady relationship that is gentle and peaceful.. it is hard for your venus to get the serenity it is looking for in some respects, but i think it is possible..
first off i think you really need to understand saturn in the 1st house conjunct your ascendant and squaring onto your gemini sun, as this will describe a good chunk of your insecurity and wanting to be in control and overly serious about everything.. wherever saturn is in any chart asks for more understanding and compassion.. on the one hand saturn points out our weaknesses and an area of great sensitivity and venerability but also our potential to be very strong in the same spot once we understand ourselves better verses being run over by our insecurities.. low self esteem, feeling like you are not good enough or as bright or beautiful and attractive as others are all possibilities with saturn in the first and more so squaring onto your sun. the better you understand who you are, the better your ability to find the love you are looking for.. they say saturn rising are people that are born old and get younger as life goes on longer... it is a fine placement with much strength and greatness to it, and in the sign virgo is a really fine spot for saturn as these folks tend to be no nonsense folks who like to get things done and work hard..

moon in leo has a great need for affection as does venus in taurus.. these 2 are part of a t square with uranus and to a lesser extent mars as well.. this brings in an unpredictability to an area you would really like to have some stability and steadiness.. i don't know what your relationship with your mom or upbringing was, but i wonder if this was an area where you experienced more instability as a young person growing up..

finally, i think pluto is much stronger then you may be thinking.. it is in a fairly close 45 to the ascendant.. in libra it would seem that relationships are one of the areas where it is likely to come out, and this would include romantic type relationships as it is in the 5th from your sun sign gemini.. perhaps this adds an element of possessiveness that is also hard to process and all a part of your path to finding a way towards greater consciousness.. all the best - james

wilsontc

Staff member
Mars opposite Uranus...plus Venus, to supervenus

I have always been extremely intense in love - jealous, possessive, controlling, moody, overly-serious, slightly manipulative - and I can't figure out the astrological explanation for this.

According to Skyscript:
Mars opposition Uranus
The opposition between Mars and Uranus excites to competition and arouses others to challenge you. You're demanding and authoritative. You thrive on argument, even when you aren't serious about it. Because of these assertive leanings, you can make an excellent salesperson, but you may have some problems with human relations. You don't tolerate restrictions of your freedom and mobility, needing to be constantly on the move. You may be attracted to hazardous activities such as flying, racing, exploring, or mountain climbing. Because you are accident prone, these and other similar pastimes are not recommended.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/uranusaspects.html

Add in Venus (love) in there...and that's quite a combination! :eek:

Maybe meditation would help you to get in touch with your Moon sextile Mercury:
Moon sextile Mercury
The Moon in sextile aspect with Mercury gives a thoughtful and sensitive disposition. Your ability to absorb and retain information is outstanding. Your emotions are in tune with your intellect, and you need to be useful to others by sharing your knowledge.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/moonaspects.html

Calmly,

Tim

supervenus

Re: Extreme Intensity

My feeling is that with Mars and Venus in Taurus you would be possessive and wanting security. It is a very sensual placement
and wants stability and reliability. HOwever Uranus the planet of disruption, wanting freedom and not being tied down in Scorpio in the 3rd shows separations and disruptions with siblings, peer group, school friends and those that you see in an everyday context such as neighbours. This is opposing the Venus and Mars in Taurus in the 9th of higher studies and with foreign persons or those that you are involved with in a situation of faith and religion. Being fixed signs it would show stubbornness and unwillingness to change. Yes it is a magnetic situation and those with Venus and Mars together in a sensual sign would be attractive for sure. You will need to handle it and as we mature hopefully this occurs.

Everything you said was very true... especially the part about being stubborn and unwilling to change. This is especially true of my approach to relationships - I realize I am approaching romantic situations the wrong way, yet I can't bring myself to try a different approach. I was also separated from my sibling several times growing up, so that makes sense.

supervenus

hi supervenus,

the t square with the fixed planets, especially venus in taurus likes to have a steady relationship that is gentle and peaceful.. it is hard for your venus to get the serenity it is looking for in some respects, but i think it is possible..
first off i think you really need to understand saturn in the 1st house conjunct your ascendant and squaring onto your gemini sun, as this will describe a good chunk of your insecurity and wanting to be in control and overly serious about everything.. wherever saturn is in any chart asks for more understanding and compassion.. on the one hand saturn points out our weaknesses and an area of great sensitivity and venerability but also our potential to be very strong in the same spot once we understand ourselves better verses being run over by our insecurities.. low self esteem, feeling like you are not good enough or as bright or beautiful and attractive as others are all possibilities with saturn in the first and more so squaring onto your sun. the better you understand who you are, the better your ability to find the love you are looking for.. they say saturn rising are people that are born old and get younger as life goes on longer... it is a fine placement with much strength and greatness to it, and in the sign virgo is a really fine spot for saturn as these folks tend to be no nonsense folks who like to get things done and work hard..

moon in leo has a great need for affection as does venus in taurus.. these 2 are part of a t square with uranus and to a lesser extent mars as well.. this brings in an unpredictability to an area you would really like to have some stability and steadiness.. i don't know what your relationship with your mom or upbringing was, but i wonder if this was an area where you experienced more instability as a young person growing up..

finally, i think pluto is much stronger then you may be thinking.. it is in a fairly close 45 to the ascendant.. in libra it would seem that relationships are one of the areas where it is likely to come out, and this would include romantic type relationships as it is in the 5th from your sun sign gemini.. perhaps this adds an element of possessiveness that is also hard to process and all a part of your path to finding a way towards greater consciousness.. all the best - james

Yes, that is exactly what I want - a steady relationship that is gentle and peaceful. :) I also have HUGE problems with insecurity when I meet someone I am attracted to and never believe that anyone could possibly be attracted to me. Even when people tell me that I am attractive or pursue me like crazy, I still don't believe it.

I am also very much a no-nonsense person, like you said, and I let people know it. :)

As far as being born old and feeling younger as life goes on... it's true! I was such a stoic, serious young person and I have lightened up a bit now that I am older.

My relationship with my mother was strained, for sure, so it makes sense what you said about that. I have always had a very tense relationship with her.

supervenus

Re: Mars opposite Uranus...plus Venus, to supervenus

According to Skyscript:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/uranusaspects.html

Add in Venus (love) in there...and that's quite a combination! :eek:

Maybe meditation would help you to get in touch with your Moon sextile Mercury:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/moonaspects.html

Calmly,

Tim

Great links - thank you! Venus opposite Uranus makes me emotionally unstable - sad, but true. :(

Meditation is something to consider... It has helped in the past.