Pluto conjunt Ascendent - any ideas?

Cascada

I have Pluto in a very tight conjunction with my Ascendant in Virgo (3 minutes). I had a 'near death' experience when I was born - I was choking and would have died without intervention. Any ideas on how this would manifest in a native's life? Pluto is supposed to be generational, but it being angular and conjunct an angle in a cardinal sign could make it more personal? Don't know ... speculating here.

Also, my dad has similar (Pluto conjunct ASC) but in Leo. What is the family dynamic - is it a karmic connection? :confused:

Any ideas and thoughts would be lovely.

My sister has this in Scorpio and it's within a 1 degree orb. Her Pluto is at 0 degrees Scorpio, her Ascendant is at 1 degree, so it's very critical. She also has Saturn in Scorpio, first house, and Mars in Scorpio also the first house. So yeah, she's a very Scorpio/Pluto/Mars like person who also has their Sun and Venus in Aries. She's a very intense person. She has these piercing eyes that seem to look straight through you, it's quite eerie :pouty: you seriously can't lie to her, lol.
She's not as private as most Pluto conj. Asc. may be, though I think that may be because of her Aries and fire influences in her chart. She has this strong, leadership air about her, and (even though she's quite short) you get this impression she isn't someone you want to get on the wrong side of. She's very fiery.

Last edited:

JoFrance

Pluto conjunct ascendant endows a person with a lot of personal power that can be felt by all who come in contact with them. They have "vibes". The person is very private and deeply emotional, frequently putting themselves through a lot of inner emotional turmoil.

My husband has Pluto conjunct the ascendant in Leo and until he learned how to harness that power when he was younger, he was considered quite a bully. Even today, he seems like his agreeable Libra sun, but he will never back away from a fight.

President George W. Bush also has Pluto conjunct Ascendant, but his is conjunct Mercury as well. One statement that he made during his presidency really sums up this aspect quite well - "I'm the decider and I decide whats best".

spikeanderson79

I knew a girl once who had Pluto on her Libra Ascendant. Although quite friendly and nice with everybody, she had few friends, there was something about her, something not obvious, some occult personal power that made everyone feel somehow threatened and try to stay away from her...

Here's what Stephen Arroyo says about this aspect:

- Intensity, a deep privacy and penetrating insights color the entire approach to life.
- Thrasformative and compulsive energies are integral to one's mode of self-expression - a strong willpower for better or worse.

this sounds exactly like me I HAVE PLUTO CONJUNCT ASCENDANT IN LIBRA --also have pluto aspects to other planets:

sun square pluto
venus square pluto
pluto square MC
moon trine pluto
mars trine pluto
mercury sextile pluto
jupiter sextile pluto
and neptune sextile pluto

--my social life has really been non existent for the first 30 years of my life. always a push and pull with others--sometimes i said it was people who pushed me away or i pulled my self away from others--a cycle of social struggles
maybe a combination of both??

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

I thought i'd add something interesting about the birthing experience regarding pluto and the AC.

I have AC at 0* scorpio, venus at 0* scorpio, pluto at 9* scorpio.

When i was in the womb, I was a breech baby. My mom played music to get me to turn around. (i also have sun and mars in 12th libra which could point towards this moreso than venus/pluto/asc.)

Anyways, the morning i was born, my parents were rushing and freaking out trying to make it to the hospital.. they ended up having to pull over at a firehouse and i was born there.

I came out effortlessly. My mom said i popped out really easily but there was a lot of stress leading up to that.

I think that described pretty closely the idea of asc being closer to venus than pluto.

PlutosRaven

I also have pluto conjunct ascendant in the first house. Pluto also conjuncts Saturn in the twelfth and Jupiter also in the first in Scorpio. Mars is also in the first conjunct Jupiter. It has been rough dealing with the inner turmoil and I have had a hard time belonging or relating and knowing which planet to present at which time. Currently my transit pluto squares my ascendant and I am going through alot of changes and upheaval. Just wanted to share a bit with those who can relate. Best of luck in all your situations

nyclibra

My mom told me that I had a very difficult birth & almost died as well, but I don't have Pluto conjunct AC in my natal chart, or any aspects between Pluto & AC.

And since they didn't put the time of birth in the country I was born at the time (but my parents definitely remember it was sometime between 2pm and 3pm), I had to try & figure it out.

I had someone on another forum do a rectification for me, and they got 1:43pm, but since I had a traumatic birth, & it doesn't show up in the chart, & I'm thinking that time is incorrect.

I know my date & place of birth are absolutely 100% correct. Are there any other placements in the natal chart besides Pluto conjunct AC that would show a difficult or traumatic birth?

PamelaBelle

I have Pluto conjunct my ascendant in Leo. If you met me you'd never guess that I have a Leo rising. Pluto dominates my Capricorn sun, and Virgo moon. It's strange. And people have always responded to me differently. They either want nothing to do with me, or I can't get rid of them.

viksoso

I have Pluto (2) conjunct Vesta (3) conjunct my AC (5, although could be 4, uncertain birth time) in Scorpio, square my Mars (exact) and Sun (4 degree orb) both in Leo. But I also have Neptune at 1° Cap and Moon at 5° Cap, which softens the aspects a bit, at least that's how I feel.

I was born 3 weeks late and when my mom was in labour I was still "upright" and with the cord around my throat. It was too late for a cesarian (or painkillers), I was getting ready to come out, so my mother had to push me out really fast, not knowing if I would make it or suffocate from the cord tightening. I came out with a bit of a shock, but was fine, as was my mother.

The moment I opened my eyes, apparently I looked my grandfather (mothers dad) straight in the eyes, holding an intense gaze. He has thought of me as special ever since and always loved telling the story. I live in Germany and my Mom is from the US, so I didn't grow up with him around, except when we would visit once a year. but the connection we had was unspoken but very strong and warm. he passed away last year. the night he passed I dreamt of walking with him over a sunny field of flowers, full of joy and peace, we were glowing. we walked over the field until we arrived at a forest, where he said goodbye and went into the trees. the next morning my mother called to tell me he had passed.

Anyways, back to my Pluto stuff. I don't have my grandparents charts, but I do have the ones of my parents. they both have Pluto in Leo, both scorpio risings, my mom has Pluto square Mars, Pluto square asc and das has scorpio sun square Pluto. There are a few other "inheritances" I found comparing our charts, but the Leo/scorpio with Pluto squares are several in each of our charts.

viksoso

oh yes, the other things I wanted to add:

I also had many out of body experiences as a child, which I had absolutely not explanation for than that it was a really bizarre dream. When I was really young, maybe 7 or 8, I also had this longing to die. Not because of any occurrence, but I wanted to feel more meaning and was utterly depressed by the boredom and cruelty that I felt everywhere. I stood looking down out of my window for hours and hours, day after day, dreaming of death, what it would be like, feel like.
My mother was very sad at the time and my father had just survived a very dangerous illness, that had come out of the blue. So now I do think I was feeling deep sadness, even though at the time I just wanted to make everyone feel better, which is why I decided not to jump, because I can not bring more sadness.

I also always have had and still have amazing dreams, that capture me for days, weeks, even years. my mom would always ask what we had dreamt when we were having breakfast and I love her so much for that. I understand now that she was trying to find out if we were happy and healthy, or if something troubled us - since I have always been extremely reserved with negative emotions she found another way to listen to me. some of my dreams are prophetic - and I know its not a deja vu because I will write down a note about my dream if I feel it will happen or its important, so I have actually had a proof that I did dream this before and its not just a feeling.
One reoccurring childhood "dream" (I actually believe now that it is a memory) of being hung and burned, but for some reason its not as scary as it sounds. It is intense, but I am never scared, even though I am dying.
Around 10yrs old I also had a dream that reads like a near death experience - even though I was just normally asleep. but I dreamt of this tunnel, long and dark, with this blazing shining white light coming from the end of it. I went through that tunnel a few times during maybe a month long period, sometimes I went further, sometimes I wouldn't go back or forth at all. now that I am typing this I think it could just be that longing for the other side again, idk.

wan

Pluto conjunct asc natives have PRESENCE. They also tend to have piercing gaze, no matter what their eye colour is.

I thought i'd add something interesting about the birthing experience regarding pluto and the AC.

I have AC at 0* scorpio, venus at 0* scorpio, pluto at 9* scorpio.

When i was in the womb, I was a breech baby. My mom played music to get me to turn around. (i also have sun and mars in 12th libra which could point towards this moreso than venus/pluto/asc.)

Anyways, the morning i was born, my parents were rushing and freaking out trying to make it to the hospital.. they ended up having to pull over at a firehouse and i was born there.

I came out effortlessly. My mom said i popped out really easily but there was a lot of stress leading up to that.

I think that described pretty closely the idea of asc being closer to venus than pluto.

Ok this might be off-topic, but if you came out effortlessly, how did they know that you were a breech baby?

Giti

Premium Member
Pluto is conjunct my IC and I threw up my mother's milk & formula and for months, doctors were out options so finally they started giving me cow's milk and that seemed to work. However, today I have autoimmune related and gut related issues. Science is now suggesting that may have been the cause. Pluto on the angles is definitely about DEATH & major transformation and ending related to that house. It makes perfect sense that you almost died. Also, do realise that Pluto in 12th is ALSO about traumatic birth and/or major trauma when in mother's womb. I wouldn't dismiss the rectification just like that.