Parallel and Contraparallel aspects

Shanti

Thank you for sharing this great example and your personal insights.

I wonder if you have any insights about how Jupiter parallel Neptune and both contraparallel MC, North Node, Vertex and Fixed star Rigel would mean. Jupiter also conjunct Uranus, South node, IC and anti Vertex. Right now I am working as a registered nurse. I do wonder if I will ever change my profession.

Thanks

Edited: Jupiter itself rules the 4th house, Uranus and Neptune in 4th as well as the 7th house.

Hi Poyi

Jupiter//Neptunus CP//MC

This seems fit for altruistic compassionate work like nursing or other ways of sacrificing oneself to the whole I guess...
Also a mystic streak could be present. With your vertex and the node could mean involvement with people professionally, expressing these qualities.

The contraparallel of your Jupiter and MC is reinforcing that aspect in the radix.
It seems like you have a strong Jupiter (angular).
With Uranus (freedom) strong on an angle as well you might sometimes want to get free from this nursing and selfless dharma sometimes. :smile:

poyi

Premium Member
Hi Poyi

Jupiter//Neptunus CP//MC

This seems fit for altruistic compassionate work like nursing or other ways of sacrificing oneself to the whole I guess...
Also a mystic streak could be present. With your vertex and the node could mean involvement with people professionally, expressing these qualities.

The contraparallel of your Jupiter and MC is reinforcing that aspect in the radix.
It seems like you have a strong Jupiter (angular).
With Uranus (freedom) strong on an angle as well you might sometimes want to get free from this nursing and selfless dharma sometimes. :smile:

Yes I do want to break free of the system but again I love my nursing career a lot. I am mentally feeling sick of the system. My catholic church managed hospital, it is a money making business out of people in misfortune. Also there are people not working hard enough unprofession, and I had argument with them and questioned them why aren't they doing their jobs. Plus I have back pain for a while now physically my body is giving me away as well.

Thank you very much for your respond. :D

Shanti

You're saying that you agree that a contra parallel is similar to an opposition? I see mixed info on this.

I have Moon and Venus contra parallel in my scope and it resonates. Furthermore both are out of bounds.

Hi Stillone
Yes I heard there are differences in opinion.

Out of bounds planets are interesting. So you have venus and Moon in your chart out of bounds ? Some astrologers says that it can give originality in the expression of the planet. I don't have so much experiences with them actually.

dr. farr

I will add that the weight of contemporary astrological opinion supports that contra's are = to oppositions; however, because of previous astrological thought regarding this matter, I myself am unsure and so I simply do not use the contra's in my delineations-the parallels give me more than enough to deal with!!

poyi

Premium Member
With the Jupiter/Neptune/south node/IC/anti vertex in parallel in Sagittarius; contra parallel MC, Vertex, north node in Gemini....

Is there any chance of a career involving Animals, possibly from home? These significant connections from 4th house ruler to my career house might very well be a lot more important than my Mercury in Scorpio ruling MC in Gemini and ascendant/mutual reception with Mars in Virgo in 1st house, trine Moon Capricorn mutual reception to Mars.

Last edited:

Kijuki

QUOTE=dr. farr;492430]I consider (in practice) the orb for Parallel of declination to be up to 2 degrees; I regard Parallels as equivalent to strong conjunctions in longitude; I do not factor in contra parallels of declination (because historically some authorities have regarded these as having the same effect, ie conjunctional effects, as parallels, while others have regarded these as being equivalent to oppositions in longitude)...[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your posts. This is my first attempt at joining in, here goes.
I became interested in parallels many years ago because of the one way effect of astrology. Eventually, through ritualizing aspects I noticed that //s and eclipses appeared to allow this star energy to pass on and out. Eclipses, however had the effect of cleansing and stabilizing. However the essentials are on my web site http://373.me.uk Elixirs and Talismans. Another site which deals with //s in another way is http://www.sportsastrologer.com/hot_news.htm he uses //s to predict successes in sport, very accurately.
I hope this is helpful. Kijuki. this is my chart http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?cid=xjnfileIuE0lT-u1139274503;btyp=2;mth=gw;ls=1;rs=3&lang=ehttp://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cg....gif&res=75&va=&cid=xjnfileIuE0lT-u1139274503

Last edited:

astretina

yes i agree

by analyzing solar and lunar eclipses ive reached a conclusion that there can never be a solar or lunar eclipse without these 3 criteria fulfilled at the same time

1. new moon (solar eclipse) or full moon (lunar eclipse)

2. the sun and the moon must not only be in conjunction by longitude (solar eclipse) but also parallel of declination at the same time (solar eclipse) or opposition by longitude (lunar eclipse) and contra-parallel at the same time (lunar eclipse)

3. and the most important criteria, the lunar nodes (north and south) must be around 8 degrees or less nearby in longitude otherwise no eclipse