What makes someone look young (younger than their age) in astrology?

Nickidan

What makes someone look young (younger than their age) in astrology? I'm thinking Gemini/Mercury influence, Pisces/Neptune influence, perhaps Cancer/Moon???? What do you think?

Love2Know

What makes someone look young (younger than their age) in astrology? I'm thinking Gemini/Mercury influence, Pisces/Neptune influence, perhaps Cancer/Moon???? What do you think?
I think cancer moon... a lot of air signs have a youthful quality to them as well.. I find.

Nickidan

Really?? that makes sense .... though I always thought of Aquarius as really old looking person that is tall with a long nose (well maybe a Capricorn Aquarian)..... I always get told I look young for my age and I don't understand it. I mean it has to do with my height (short for my age), but I feel I can look and be perceive as quite mature for my age (Saturn aspects to Moon, Mercury, Mars and the sun) and also quite naive (Venus Pisces)

Flapjacks

Prominent MERCURY for sure.... and perhaps a strong MOON.

Mercury's sign would be important though. Mercury shows communication styles, which could be "quick" or "curious" or some attribute people tend to associate with youth. However, Mercury doesn't need to express itself that way. It could be "slow and prodding" in Taurus, or quiet and methodical in Virgo or Scorpio, which isn't associated with youth. It is how it's expressed, not that it is prominent.

I'd think you'd look at sign/house emphasis more than particular planets.

Personally, I'd associate air/fire with youthfulness, and water/earth with age. So the emphasis of signs in those elements could show youthfulness, especially Gemini and Leo.

ashriia

I definitely would agree with what you stated and will add..

that mercury definitely rules youthfulness/youth. And since the ascendant rules the physical body/appearance; a mercury ruled ascendant would make one younger looking. However, with a prominent saturn/mercury ascendant mix, i think the influence of mercury's youthfulness is heavily afflicted. Also looking at what decan rules the ascendant can also be telling.

I look younger than my age, recently got mistaken for being in my 20's when I'm well into my 30's. and my rising is gemini with decan in aquarius, got a gem moon too.

Someone that in my opinion, has always looked youthful is drew barrymore.. and she fits what you stated to a T. She has a Pisces sun, gemini rising(according to astrotheme she has a Libra decan.) cancer moon. I never really trust how accurate celebrity birth charts are so the decan might be "iffy". But it's very easy to research celebrities that you find youthful looking, and to see what's going on in their charts. :wink:

Bunraku

Yep, Mercury definitely plays a role. My mother has Mercury conj has asc. (and Saturn in the first house conjunct her Merc). She looks very young for her age.

I heard that taurus risers produce more collagen
it helps to look younger ... :pouty:
The bones of the face deteriorate over time if not taken care of, so it's definitely more than skin that plays a factor. Bone structure does too!

Last edited:

Flapjacks

I definitely would agree with what you stated and will add..

that mercury definitely rules youthfulness/youth. And since the ascendant rules the physical body/appearance; a mercury ruled ascendant would make one younger looking. However, with a prominent saturn/mercury ascendant mix, i think the influence of mercury's youthfulness is heavily afflicted. Also looking at what decan rules the ascendant can also be telling.

I look younger than my age, recently got mistaken for being in my 20's when I'm well into my 30's. and my rising is gemini with decan in aquarius, got a gem moon too.

Someone that in my opinion, has always looked youthful is drew barrymore.. and she fits what you stated to a T. She has a Pisces sun, gemini rising(according to astrotheme she has a Libra decan.) cancer moon. I never really trust how accurate celebrity birth charts are so the decan might be "iffy". But it's very easy to research celebrities that you find youthful looking, and to see what's going on in their charts. :wink:

I have Gemini ASC in the Gemini decan, opposing Saturn. I look my age, not younger. Most people can guess my age pretty well. Although I'm not that old so perhaps people will start guessing me as younger even when I'm older. :joyful: Kinda funny, I've been told I look like Drew Barrymore. I didn't know she was Gem rising with Cancer moon... I have Cancer Sun.

Bunraku, interesting to mention Saturn. You'd think Saturn would show "age" but Saturn/Mercury conjunction has youthfulness?

My boyfriend in a Cap rising with Mars conjunct ASC, Gemini Saturn. He looks about 10 - 15 years younger than he is. He also has Mercury, Sun and Venus in Pisces, and Virgo (Mercury ruled) Moon.

No clear indicators here so far to me.

Last edited:

Nickidan

I have Gemini ASC in the Gemini decan, opposing Saturn. I look my age, not younger. Most people can guess my age pretty well. Although I'm not that old so perhaps people will start guessing me as younger even when I'm older. :joyful: Kinda funny, I've been told I look like Drew Barrymore. I didn't know she was Gem rising with Cancer moon... I have Cancer Sun.

Bunraku, interesting to mention Saturn. You'd think Saturn would show "age" but Saturn/Mercury conjunction has youthfulness?

My boyfriend in a Cap rising with Mars conjunct ASC, Gemini Saturn. He looks about 10 - 15 years younger than he is. He also has Mercury, Sun and Venus in Pisces, and Virgo (Mercury ruled) Moon.

No clear indicators here so far to me.

Very interesting observations. I don't don't get it too!! I look young for my age and I have people telling me this all the time. But I don't get why, because my family looks their age/normal (though my mom does look good for her age, I just think it's because she's really pretty, dresses nice and has oily skin). I swear its my height (I am really short) but there must be more to it.

Anyway I am an Aries (I am on the Pisces/Aries cusp). I am have a Leo rising (Jupiter is on my ascendant) and I have Venus in Pisces. Other than your rising sign? What other planets and aspects can show age?

BTW Drew Barrymore does look young/youthful. I think Jessica Alba has a baby face, so does Selena Gomez (she looks like a baby).

waybread

Perhaps other placements share the youthful quality, but Mercury-ruled Gemini and Virgo really have it as rising signs or sun signs. Mythologically, Mercury was best known as a youth. Sometimes there can be a real Peter Pan and the Lost Boys quality to Gemini. Virgo by nature is more responsible and practical, but Virgo can also have that Mercurial youthfulness about her.

I have Virgo rising and Gemini on my MC, and as a young professional, people were always mistaking me for a student. I have two sun-Virgo children, and my daughter is sometimes annoyed at how people treat her as much younger than her 30 years. My ex-husband is a sun-Gemini and he definitely had those Peter Pan traits. (Remember Mary Martin in the musical singing, "I won't grow up"?)

The positive side is that these signs can retain some of that youthfulness as they age.

oriel

I have virgo rising..When I was 12 people thought I was 16 or 17,then when I'm 19 some people thought I was just 15 :biggrin: then now I'm 26 some people think I'm 22.

ashriia

Anyway I am an Aries (I am on the Pisces/Aries cusp). I am have a Leo rising (Jupiter is on my ascendant) and I have Venus in Pisces. Other than your rising sign? What other planets and aspects can show age?

With Leo rising, the house that rules your sun would also play a role in appearance. And aspects to your sun.

Andrea_

I think aspects like the kind of life someone has should also be taken into consideration as it might change the appearance regardless of the original youthfull look and regardless of the planets indicating such a look. (Ps, sorry for my english ;)) ). Not even counting in one's lifestyle and diet.

My friend from childhood for example is very beautiful, she has Taurus Sun, Virgo Asc, Mercury in Gemini, venus in aries involved in a grand fire trine with Mars in Leo and jupiter in saggi, and with moon in cancer also involved in a grand water trine, and some other frictions... but her life wasn't the easiest ...her family had money problems, and she had to take up responsabilities from an early age, plus, she also has some bite marks from her dog on her face(not that visible, but still) Even though she can still be considered beautiful, she looks so much more mature than her age (18) which I saw that sometimes might off-put people in considering her beautiful. But i guess the discussion wasn't about beautifulness
Some other times she seems to look younger, depending on the circumstances.

Also, sometimes the face in itself might be even less suggesting than the vibes a person gives, thus the youthfull face from a long range or in photos might be a total other story in real life, when the person actually appears sluggish or tired or has an odd voice.
I have a friend that frequently gets asked if she has just started high-school and stuff even though she's almost 20 : ))) she looks young at first, but again, she has that tired look when she pauses and a bit of messy hair that for me and some other friend get correlated with a much older look, like a granny xD Thus I actually see her face as both younger and older at the same time.

I had a classmate pretty prized for her look (and "youthfull with make-up") though she did have some symmetrical features, however, for me, she always looked so tired and had those wrinkles, and had such a nasty character, she literally jumped on boys and such, that her face didn't come to inspire me anything special or young

Another friend of mine (well, from another city) had once again a pretty hard life with her parents divorced and frequent fights between family members and money problems. She looked pretty tired and was quite sad, she tried building a life for herself but she also had difficulties with her boyfriends, big health issues, with school, and suffered even more... she looked older than she actually was, but she's now 23-24, has found a husband, got married, and ever since she gave birth she became so happy and looks younger and better looking than ever, and i feel so happy for her! She finally feels she has a home, that she is loved and has a good meaning. She's a Scorpio, no clue about other data.

My face changes pretty fast, depending on how I feel, how happy I am, how much time I get to rest, if I exercise, what I'm thinking about... I got asked both if I'm 13 or such at 17 y old by some kids i was doing volunteer work with and also asked if I've finished college :)) I saw I can actually kind of mimick certain indicators that totally change the perception of other people (actually, of those who are clueless and only have a tunnel vision/cannot interpret behind appearances) I have merc in the 1st house, conjunct asc, mars and neptune. Neptune in the 1st actually conjuncts asc by 10 deg, mars, merc, juno, uranus, moon and venus, quintile mc, sextile saturn and stands on 6 midpoints, so yeah xD my vision is pretty multi-dimensional and the vibes I get will always have a bigger impact because they are always more reliable and provide immediate insights about the kind of person you are talking to, the atmosphere you find yourself in, and so on. Sure they are a pain when you are younger, but it gets better with age, provided you know how to let an attack pass without getting really involved or making it personal. But I usually look younger with about 2 y or so, and I'm a capricorn with Cap asc, moon and venus in aquarius. It's usually until people observe my eyes/hear me speaking they start thinking I'm older

My father is a capricorn and I suspect he's a pisces asc with mars in saggi, and even though he's 41, he sometimes gets confused as my boyfriend =))) it was soo funny when I first got asked this by 2 friends. lke he's in his twenties-thirties or so. Both my parents look like in their 30 even though they're 42-43, but it's a bit genetical I might say. They both smoked, but gave up when i was conceived

Also, the celebrities i consider younger looking seems to indeed have a lot of Virgo/Merc in them
Alexis Bledel, Hale Berry, Carey Mulligan (with that baby face), Shania Twain (after all she went through) and Raquel Welch... seriously, that woman...
May I ask how do the stars work for so many asians, celebrities or not? They seem to never age, and I find that our astrological way of thinking ("what aspects makes x look younger") only applies to the western society, and not even there sometimes...

Last edited:

Love2Know

Mmm my mom looks 40's shes in her mid 60's.she has sag sun scorp rising cancer moon. I get around my age I guess.. no one comments on it. It also has to do with how you dress and present yourself.

LyP

Yep, Mercury definitely plays a role. My mother has Mercury conj has asc. (and Saturn in the first house conjunct her Merc). She looks very young for her age.

The bones of the face deteriorate over time if not taken care of, so it's definitely more than skin that plays a factor. Bone structure does too!

but i think, even if the person has a small bone structure like natalie portman,or sandra bullock,I think the skin is important (because of wrinkles, blemishes, sagging)
nigella lawson has that looks younger because the skin firm and with few flaws
halle berry also
and the skin comes venus/saturn factor also :biggrin:
but with you're right,mercury is the main to look younger (but venus help's a LOT)
my father has mercury and venus of governant of the chart.
he is 45 years old with the face of 32 :annoyed:
is simply CR.AZ.Y (although he was the first guy who spends many creams on the skin without shame lol, leo rising lololol)
some people thought he was my boyfriend, dude wtf
:lol:

I have a theory that malefics planets makes a bad to the skin and bones
and hinder you to look younger

Saturn makes you look young only when you are old
that makes you look old when you're young
and their appearance is easier to be preserved with saturn (I took carmen electra,james hetfield and monica bellucci with example)

mars in many spots, rashes and scars

others I have not thought of yet haha

Love2Know

Yep :s

no defined formula
only mercury, saturn and venus are my closing remarks, but
is the kind of thing that depends on each person's chart

Yes and how they chose to express certain energies ie how it manifests in their enviornment... more access to money generally better fitness, nutrition, creams and so forth.