Entered Rahu Dasa

retinoid

Hello, I use TROPICAL astrology while also using Vedic (though most Vedic use sidereal not tropical). Using Sayan Ayanamasa.

My Rahu dasa just began on December 25th of 2011.

Rahu is in 9th house in Aquarius
Saturn (lord of Aquarius) is in Capricorn in the 8th house.
Lagna is Gemini

I am in my Rahu sub period for 2.5yrs.

I looked into this because my libido has been out of control and extremely unsatisfied lately. And I have been preoccupied with religious/occult thoughts. Both are difficult to get a handle on right now.

Does Rahu give you the ability to transform? I feel intuitively over the next 18 yrs this lower nature of myself will transform. I have already transformed a lot from Mars Dasa (Mars in 5th house, rules 6th (Scorpio) and 11th (Aries). 6th has Sun, Mercury, Pluto in it) and gone through a lot of mental issues and problems but friendship was my only happiness (11th house?)

Can Rahu transform my lower sexual nature and lower religious nature into something greater over these next 18yrs?

Rajarshi

Is there no aspect on Rahu? and is Rahu aspecting any planet?

Rahu is in which nakshatra?

What is the position of Venus, the most beneficial planet?

Hope you use Bhava Chakra as well to see what is the mid point of 9th and how close is Rahu to 9th?

Regards:happy:

dr. farr

Yes I consider Rahu has the power to transform; also, as you know, I follow the minority view (relative to jyotish) and consider Rahu primarily a benefic (although under certain conditions it can be a functional malefic), so I would say yes it IS quite possible that Rahu can assist in the transformations you speak of.

Of course, the factors mentioned by Rajarshi, also need to be taken into account (relative to bhava, of course, I use whole sign, but even here a type of sign/house midpoint can be useful: take the sensitive degree of the sign/house and divide its distance from the beginning of the sign by 2: this is the whole sign house "midpoint", which is an additional sensitive degree for that sign/house)

retinoid

Is there no aspect on Rahu? and is Rahu aspecting any planet?

Rahu is in which nakshatra?

What is the position of Venus, the most beneficial planet?

Hope you use Bhava Chakra as well to see what is the mid point of 9th and how close is Rahu to 9th?

Regards:happy:

1)Rahu is not aspecting any planet and not planet is aspecting it.
2) Venus is in Sagittarius, Uttarashada conjunct the Moon in 27degrees 7th house (pada 1 for both)
3) Rahu is in PURVABHADRA pada 1
4) Not sure how to find the midpoint of the 9th

retinoid

Yes I consider Rahu has the power to transform; also, as you know, I follow the minority view (relative to jyotish) and consider Rahu primarily a benefic (although under certain conditions it can be a functional malefic), so I would say yes it IS quite possible that Rahu can assist in the transformations you speak of.

Of course, the factors mentioned by Rajarshi, also need to be taken into account (relative to bhava, of course, I use whole sign, but even here a type of sign/house midpoint can be useful: take the sensitive degree of the sign/house and divide its distance from the beginning of the sign by 2: this is the whole sign house "midpoint", which is an additional sensitive degree for that sign/house)

Thanks how do I find the sensitive degree? Lagna is Gemini 4degrees. Is the sensitive degree 2 degrees?...

My dissatisfaction with society is uncomfortable and so is sexual desires since the Rahu dasa began which I didn't know until I looked it up today and this explains it. 8th and 9th house topics for 18yrs ughhhh...I also heard Rahu dasa causes lower nature fascinations and I have begun to gamble and watch **** a lot more than I did before. So I have to get that under control hopefully through spirituality.

In my Mars Dasa which just passed it fell under Vishakha and I just read that this stands for discontentment, psychological trauma and restlessness. If that doesn't describe the last 7 years to a T. I drove for hours around aimlessly because I was so restless! This nakshatra says that the individual will strive for independence for personal growth and will work for a universal principle and use creativity to actually create something from the latent stage. Pretty cool. These 18yrs look like they will be productive but not easy (though better than the past cause I will have something to show for it :) ).

Last edited:

Rajarshi

Your DC or 7th house mid point is 4* Sagittarius. Your Venus probably is in 8th Bhava as in 27* Sagittarius ( closer to 8th mid point).

Your MC degree is the mid point of 10th Bhava( House). Therefore, if you divide the difference between MC and DC by 6 then you will get 'half of house" between DC and MC. Keep on adding with DC ( 7th mid point) and you will get 7th house end point, then with another addition you will get 8th mid point and so on.

Most likely, depending on your Saturn degree, your Saturn may be closer to 9th hose mid point. I feel it because your ascendant is Gemini 4*.

dr. farr

Yes the "midpoint" for each house would be 2 degrees (using whole sign; it would of course be different using a quadrant house system like Sripati, etc) If Venus is in Sagittarius (anywhere in this sign) then (by whole sign) it would posit the 7th whole sign house (it could be in a different house using a quadrant house system)

Rahu can be channeled positively through use of its affinitive stone (gomedh) which in the West is known as hessonite (which is a variety of garnet), and is fairly easily available. Since those of us who regard Rahu as mostly benefic, similar to a combination of Jupiter and Venus (Gerard of Cremona, etc)-which is different than the majority Vedic opinion which regards Rahu as similar to Saturn-further enhancement/supplementation of the positive influences of Rahu in its dasa period, could be acomplished by following the suggestions in my sticky in the Medical Astrology Forum entitled, "Remedial Astrology: Supporting Venus & Jupiter"...

Last edited:

retinoid

Your DC or 7th house mid point is 4* Sagittarius. Your Venus probably is in 8th Bhava as in 27* Sagittarius ( closer to 8th mid point).

Your MC degree is the mid point of 10th Bhava( House). Therefore, if you divide the difference between MC and DC by 6 then you will get 'half of house" between DC and MC. Keep on adding with DC ( 7th mid point) and you will get 7th house end point, then with another addition you will get 8th mid point and so on.

Most likely, depending on your Saturn degree, your Saturn may be closer to 9th hose mid point. I feel it because your ascendant is Gemini 4*.

My Saturn is only 10 degrees Capricorn so I think that would be firmly in the 8th. My moon is 28 degrees Sagittarius so is closer to that midpoint. My interpretation of planets close to the next house is that the planet will take on the next house through most of the person's life but there will be some aspects of the planet being in the previous house (especially during child hood). But yes I definitely feel the moon+venus are in the 8th house (along with uranus, neptune and saturn) for the rest of my life. Thanks for your help.

retinoid

Yes the "midpoint" for each house would be 2 degrees (using whole sign; it would of course be different using a quadrant house system like Sripati, etc) If Venus is in Sagittarius (anywhere in this sign) then (by whole sign) it would posit the 7th whole sign house (it could be in a different house using a quadrant house system)

Rahu can be channeled positively through use of its affinitive stone (gomedh) which in the West is known as hessonite (which is a variety of garnet), and is fairly easily available. Since those of us who regard Rahu as mostly benefic, similar to a combination of Jupiter and Venus (Gerard of Cremona, etc)-which is different than the majority Vedic opinion which regards Rahu as similar to Saturn-further enhancement/supplementation of the positive influences of Rahu in its dasa period, could be acomplished by following the suggestions in my sticky in the Medical Astrology Forum entitled, "Remedial Astrology: Supporting Venus & Jupiter"...

I interpret planets in the last 3 degrees as having the energy being felt in both houses but as life goes on you will notice more and more of the next house and less of the previous. Perhaps I still had 7th house issues for example before being able to move onto the 8th. There are a lot of different ways to interpret it though, this is just how I feel they act.

I will look into the hessonite and your thread. Thanks dr farr!

Rajarshi

My Saturn is only 10 degrees Capricorn so I think that would be firmly in the 8th. My moon is 28 degrees Sagittarius so is closer to that midpoint. My interpretation of planets close to the next house is that the planet will take on the next house through most of the person's life but there will be some aspects of the planet being in the previous house (especially during child hood). But yes I definitely feel the moon+venus are in the 8th house (along with uranus, neptune and saturn) for the rest of my life. Thanks for your help.

Saturn is only 10 degrees Capricorn

Pl check MC degrees to confirm... you may be surprised.

Understanding of the chart will differ greatly.

Regards

Rajarshi

Rahu is in Aquarius. As shadowy planet it will act as Saturn ( because positioned in Saturn house).

Rahu dasa has started. Therefore, it is very important to know Saturn's position to understand Rahu and Rahu Mahadasa period.

retinoid

Rahu is in Aquarius. As shadowy planet it will act as Saturn ( because positioned in Saturn house).

Rahu dasa has started. Therefore, it is very important to know Saturn's position to understand Rahu and Rahu Mahadasa period.

Saturn is definitely in the 8th house Capricorn conjunct Neptune (opposite Jupiter-R in Cancer)...

retinoid

Well, Saturn in its own sign, and in the 8th, is a strong indication for a long life!!

That;s not such a positive to me. But I accept that I am here and will live it out unless I encounter some horrible disease like dementia though a lot of my planets in the 6th (sun, mercury, pluto) are sextiling Saturn which probably means as long as I take care of my health, I will be fine. And I definitely focus on health a lot even though I don't care about longevity. It is paradoxical :cool:

retinoid

Good day retinoid,

Should i do an interpretation of your chart?

if you agree, pl give the details.

Regards

I'd like that but can you use tropical? Or the Sayan matrix and not Lahiri? I just don't like sidereal and don't use it...though I am sure people can make accurate predictions and such using that matrix as well. If a person already has a sidereal up (if an Indian gives me their chart) I will just stick with the sidereal though.

Margate, Florida
November 2, 1989
18:59 (time)

Rajarshi

This is your Navamsa Chart ( sidereal Lahiri)

Glad to see the position of planets.

Attachments

• astro_29at_01_retinoid_ho.44769.15554 NAVAMSA.gif
    astro_29at_01_retinoid_ho.44769.15554 NAVAMSA.gif
    57.5 KB · Views: 26

Rajarshi

Vimsottari dasa ( up to Sun Dasa) and Nakshatra

[FONT=&quot]KET -7 Years[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From 2/11/89[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To 16/ 4/94[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SUN 19/ 3/89[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]MON 19/10/89[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MAR 16/ 3/90[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RAH 4/ 4/91[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]JUP 10/ 3/92[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SAT 19/ 4/93[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MER 16/ 4/94[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]VEN -20 Years[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From 16/ 4/94[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To 16/ 4/14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]VEN 16/ 8/97[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SUN 16/ 8/98[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MON 16/ 4/00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MAR 16/ 6/01[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RAH 16/ 6/04[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]JUP 16/ 2/07[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SAT 16/ 4/10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MER 16/ 2/13[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KET 16/ 4/14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SUN -6 Years[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From 16/ 4/14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To 16/ 4/20[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SUN 4/ 8/14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MON 4/ 2/15[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MAR 10/ 6/15[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RAH 4/ 5/16[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]JUP 22/ 2/17[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SAT 4/ 2/18[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MER 10/12/18[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KET 16/ 4/19[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]VEN 16/ 4/20[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sun Libra 016-50-17 Swati 4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Moon Sagittarius 004-50-57 Mula 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mars Libra 005-29-13 Chitra 4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Merc Libra 011-58-54 Swati 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jupt [R] Gemini 017-05-17 Ardra 4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Venu Sagittarius 003-47-24 Mula 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Satn Sagittarius 015-45-31 Purvashadha 1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rahu [R] Capricorn 027-51-49 Dhanishta 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ketu [R] Cancer 027-51-49 Ashlesha 4[/FONT]

Rajarshi

Moon sign chart ( without ascendant ignoring Moon degree)

Attachments

• astro_2at_01_retinoid_ho.46336.19577 moon sign chart.jpg
    astro_2at_01_retinoid_ho.46336.19577 moon sign chart.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 18