How do you cope with impending bad events?

07.Re

I feel as if I have opened up Pandoras box. Allow me to explain.

I have had a niggly, negative feeling or idea about something in my life which has since been backed up / confirmed by the planets. So my questions are as follows:

a. What good, if any, can come of you knowing something negative or bad will happen at a future date and that it is fated? Can you stop it from happening and if so, will the event take place at a future date?

b. Do the planets purposely forewarn us?

I know that these are all open ended questions, but I would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi
How can you *know* something *negative* will happen?
How we perceive events/challenges in our life is subjective...(glass half full, glass half empty idea).For one person losing one's job could be seen /felt as a calamity, whereas another person might perceive it as an opportunity to bring one's life more into line with ones ideals, for example.Same with relationship breaks etc.
I don't think it's as simple as *fate*. What happens to us at any time is the product of choices we have made either consciously or unconsciously.Its the consequence of actions we have or have not taken that affects our *outcome*.
One person might fear a sun mars conjunction say, but as the sky is never the same twice, what happened *last time* with that conjunction will be different *next time*.
I follow my own transits and on days when aspects are challenging I take extra care, or defer crucial decisions.Learning to take action when the sky favours that action tends to give more successful outcomes. In that respect, astrology can be a wonderful tool.
The planets don't forewarn us-they just revolve. It all comes down to the meanings we ascribe to their movements-again subjective.
Cheers
Lillyjgc

Carole

07.Re:

It's really hard to know with some reasonable certainty what might happen as a consequence of a planetary transit. There are so many possibilities that what will happen will probably be something that hadn't even crossed your mind.

Of course, you can take some precautions to minimise the risks of accidents or any other problems you may have seen reflected in your transits, being this one of the good things about "knowing".

There are very few things that we can consider "fated", and even those couldn't be called that way since we are free to decide what to do if we think this or that might happen, and our choice will change the outcome, no doubt. Remember that the stars incline, they don't compel.

Regarding your question about an event that could be stopped from happening now, if it could take place in a future date, I am afraid that this is practically impossible to answer.

You may feel overwhelmed by your thoughts and fears, but I can tell that you are going through the worrying phase we all have had to experience as part of our learning. Now, the only smart thing to do is to breathe, relax and continue to live and enjoy your life.

I know you will think that saying this is easier than doing it, but believe me, not every thing that we interprete as impending disaster and that makes us worry like crazy, turns out to be that bad.

Good luck!

Carole

EJ53

Banned
...What good, if any, can come of you knowing something negative or bad will happen at a future date and that it is fated? Can you stop it from happening and if so, will the event take place at a future date?

My personal view is that astrology enables us to take advantage of the "Law of Grace"......So, the event will inevitably occur on time, but the extent to which we are involved in it will vary according to how well we understand the related atrological lesson.

For example, when transitting Pluto conjoined my natal Mars in Sagittarius/3rd house, I was astrologically aware that this might result in a violent incident......and this manifested in the form of a heated exchange with a neighbour, which could have become physical/violent.....But it didn't, because I walked away/controlled my instinctive Pluto/Mars reaction.

Had I been unaware of the astrological lesson, we would have had a physical fight......With greater awareness/consciousness of the lesson, I would have been only a third party witnessing a confrontation between two others......and, with full consciousness, I'd have heard about the confrontation between two others rather than been present at it.

Do the planets purposely forewarn us?

Yes......but few are yet conscious enough to hear their message......which is always about the need to change our instinctive behaviour......(By changing our behaviour, we change what happens to us and thereby change our lives.)

EJ:sideways:

Last edited:

kanshu

a. What good, if any, can come of you knowing something negative or bad will happen at a future date and that it is fated? Can you stop it from happening and if so, will the event take place at a future date?

b. Do the planets purposely forewarn us?

"Scenario planning" may shed light on the proper treatment of astrological predictions.

07.Re

Everyone has made some valid points of which I will take on board. Thank you...

I still have so much to learn, but I feel that I take one step forward and then three steps back. But I soldier on and learn I will!

gemini59

You do have some powerful transits but this does not mean necessarily 'negative' though this might be your state of mind.
Powerful and transforming Pluto is conjunct natal Jupiter and trine 12 house Venus. This in and of itself expands and changes your understanding of relationships and love but not necessarily in a bad way.
Pluto has also begun a square to your natal Pluto and mars in your first. This will change your energy and your feelings of power.
Saturn, as it passes into your first and conjoins Pluto and mars will indicate your own inner struggles to stay put versus your own tendency to transform. It will lower your energy.
Look for power struggles in yourself and others. It may be almost impossible to resist the urge to be in one but it may project on to others your own inner struggles.
Your north node in capricorn in the fifth may tell us that you are evolving to stability in the fifth house expression.
Pluto in the first wants to transform in Libra =relatationship .
See how the ruler of your north node, Saturn is in the 9th and trines the first house. It wants a stable philosophy and outlook.
You are feeling a lot of stressors but I suspect that you will weather it.
You may feel compelled to change things but I suspect that your northnode needs to find a more stable idealism.
Hang in there.

07.Re

You do have some powerful transits but this does not mean necessarily 'negative' though this might be your state of mind.
Powerful and transforming Pluto is conjunct natal Jupiter and trine 12 house Venus. This in and of itself expands and changes your understanding of relationships and love but not necessarily in a bad way.
Pluto has also begun a square to your natal Pluto and mars in your first. This will change your energy and your feelings of power.
Saturn, as it passes into your first and conjoins Pluto and mars will indicate your own inner struggles to stay put versus your own tendency to transform. It will lower your energy.
Look for power struggles in yourself and others. It may be almost impossible to resist the urge to be in one but it may project on to others your own inner struggles.
Your north node in capricorn in the fifth may tell us that you are evolving to stability in the fifth house expression.
Pluto in the first wants to transform in Libra =relatationship .
See how the ruler of your north node, Saturn is in the 9th and trines the first house. It wants a stable philosophy and outlook.
You are feeling a lot of stressors but I suspect that you will weather it.
You may feel compelled to change things but I suspect that your northnode needs to find a more stable idealism.
Hang in there.

Gemini59, that is a lot to take in. To be honest, I'm not sure I am ready for any lessons or changes that will take place. I was happy plodding along and suddenly I feel as if what I have known and believed in, is now being questioned and probed. And on top of all of this, I am *not* normally in a negative frame of mind so I feel this energy in an intense way...

I feel as if I have opened up Pandoras box. Allow me to explain.

I have had a niggly, negative feeling or idea about something in my life which has since been backed up / confirmed by the planets. So my questions are as follows:

a. What good, if any, can come of you knowing something negative or bad will happen at a future date and that it is fated? Can you stop it from happening and if so, will the event take place at a future date? Forwarned is forearmed

b. Do the planets purposely forewarn us? absolutely

I know that these are all open ended questions, but I would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Not all transits or predictive techniques are 'external events' most are internal between the ears :wink:

TRUTH ABOUT ASTROLOGY
Astrology is humanity's oldest and most precise mindmap. It cannot, however, accurately predict events. THE STARS' & THE PLANETS HOLD HALF THE ANSWERS: YOU HOLD THE REST! Choices you make within the astrological environment determines what actually happens to you.

We are ALL FREE PEOPLE WITH FREE WILL. No rigid, fatalistic prediction can bind us. There is no astrological event so baleful that creativity, ­intelligence, and honest self‑appraisal cannot turn it to ­constructive uses ‑ and there is no configuration so glorious that selfishness and laziness cannot sour it!

The purpose of modern predictive astrology is to help people make better choices, to clarify the nature of the psychological terrain through which they are passing, and to serve as their ally in the endless, unpredictable task of creating the future!

Astrology CAN be mind‑boggling in its accuracy, but it can never consistently predict who is going to walk through the doors of your home, work or family environment. It doesn't naturally speak the language of outward, concrete events. The future that astrology foresees with such startling exactitude, doesn't always unfold in the world "out there." It unfolds between your ears and in your heart!

Astrology cannot predict that you're going to wreck your car, win the Lottery or Grand National. It cannot point out in advance the date of your marriage (although certain advantageous conditions CAN make romantic suggestions and overtones that would be fortuitous), your death, or the arrival of your new TV set.
That kind of astrological prophecy is ­misleading, bogus and unreliable.

What modern predictive astrology can do is inform you in advance of the natural rhythms of your life ‑ and moods ‑ thereby helping you arrange your life (outward experiences) in the happiest, most harmonious and efficient manner!

Culpeper

Premium Member
First keep in mind that fate is not absolute. You can use astrology to keep reasonable control of your life by taking heed of coming events and taking precautions. However, transits are the least reliable method of prediction.

The most reliable forecasts are done using aspects to the natal chart formed by progressed or primary directed planets. Professional astrology software can now do the calculations for these traditional methods. Transits are used as triggers to show when the directions will be activated. If you have no active directed planet, transits will have no effect.

For example I recently had primary directed Saturn in the second house trine natal Sun in the 10th house. Although a trine aspect is involved, this is ominous since Saturn is the killing planet and Sun is hyleg(giver of life). This direction should effect both occupation 10th and finances 2nd, and life itself could be in danger. This transit in this case is a triple Saturn return.

I took various precautions: vaccination up to date, sold stocks, covered all payments. When the time arrived, I found myself unemployed, but then found a new job where I was exposed to the H1N1 virus. I recovered from that influence, and my situation has again settled down. The predictions of astrology seem to have been very helpful in avoiding real disaster.