Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

What's the situation with your natal M.C.?
Lykanized,
The reason I asked is that I treat the Asc/M.C./Desc as a cohesive triangle. It encompasses the viewable portion of the heavens, both day and night. The word "horoscope" literally means "watcher of the hour", and was derived from the Egyptian deity Horus, along with the word "horizon", which is "horizontal". Apollo was a Greek version of Horus, and connects to the Sun, but didn't personify the solar disc--that was Helios for the Greeks, and Sol for the Romans.
The 3 points of what I've labeled "Apollo's Triangle" are about the Apollonian expression , "Know Thyself", inscribed at his Temple in Delphi.
They are all solar POSITIONS, important in astrology, with similar yet different meanings. The similarity, as I see it, is that they're all extremely personal, and all are about one's world-view. The difference involves the 3 types of orientation--individual, social, and traditional. The individual is first, and the Ascendant is the 1st point in the direction of motion through the Signs. So, the Asc is about one's individualistic world-view, and how you view yourself as an individual. The M.C. is about one's social world-view, and how you present yourself in the context of what you perceive as your social-role. The Descendant can provide insight about your personal relationship with tradition in general, and whatever tradition you've chosen as the one you especially rely on.
All that said, you were asking about how you're perceived in this community, so I asked about the "situation" concerning the M.C. We can't always present ourselves as well as we think we should, but I would say the M.C. can tell us what we're aiming for. :biggrin:

Chrysalis

SCU so you don't think astrology is sorcery too :unsure:

Astrology is more mathematical than tarot cards, but they are still on the same wavelength.

Chrysalis

My sun tarot cards the hermit card.

Makes perfect sense to me :lol:

Sun in 8th house would be hermit in death ....well that's a great combination. Maybe ill die all alone.

david starling

SCU so you don't think astrology is sorcery too :unsure:

Astrology is more mathematical than tarot cards, but they are still on the same wavelength.

Not only does astrology have a Muse, she's none other than the goddess of the Heavens, and the feminine version of the Domicle-ruler of Aquarius, Urania. She'll be the prime influence of the upcoming Aquarian Age.
Tarot has spirits of a mysterious nature, POSSIBLY malefic. Not necessarily though.

Chrysalis

Not only does astrology have a Muse, she's none other than the goddess of the Heavens, and the feminine version of the Domicle-ruler of Aquarius, Urania. She'll be the prime influence of the upcoming Aquarian Age.
Tarot has spirits of a mysterious nature, POSSIBLY malefic. Not necessarily though.

David really ?

Tarot cards are of the same influence, i dont believe anything malefic comes through with using tarot cards.

My belief when using cards, is not that its any kind of entity controlling or coming through, its all related to interconnected energy. Its the energy surrounding us/or the other person/s in question, that makes us choose the cards we choose.

The planets give out certain energy also, how can it not all be connected ?

david starling

David really ?

Tarot cards are of the same influence, i dont believe anything malefic comes through with using tarot cards.

My belief when using cards, is not that its any kind of entity controlling or coming through, its all related to interconnected energy. Its the energy surrounding us/or the other person/s in question, that makes us choose the cards we choose.

The planets give out certain energy also, how can it not all be connected ?

In terms of planetary energy, I would say Uranian energy guides astrology, Plutonian energy for tarot.

Chrysalis

Well yes you do have a point (for once)....only joking lol.

Im assuming you was into tarot before astrology, and then astrology took over ?

Do you still dabble in the esoteric tarot world ?

david starling

Well yes you do have a point (for once)....only joking lol.

Im assuming you was into tarot before astrology, and then astrology took over ?

Do you still dabble in the esoteric tarot world ?

Both at once, along with psychedelics, long ago. Then I experienced the dark side of the occult at the Altamont concert, and went with just astrology.

Chrysalis

Both at once, along with psychedelics, long ago. Then I experienced the dark side of the occult at the Altamont concert, and went with just astrology.

Im sorry but now i've gotta dig deeper.

You've just triggered my gemini moon square my 8th sun....

What do you mean by you experienced the dark side at this concert ?

What kind of concert was this ? Was you taking psychedelics at this concert too ?

I personally started with tarot, delved so deep (with my plutonic dominance self) which finally caused me to then realize tarot was related to astrology, then i got into astrology and now im like 85% astrology 15% cards.

david starling

Im sorry but now i've gotta dig deeper.

You've just triggered my gemini moon square my 8th sun....

What do you mean by you experienced the dark side at this concert ?

What kind of concert was this ? Was you taking psychedelics at this concert too ?

I personally started with tarot, delved so deep (with my plutonic dominance self) which finally caused me to then realize tarot was related to astrology, then i got into astrology and now im like 85% astrology 15% cards.

Look up the "Gimme Shelter" Altamont rock concert which featured the Rolling Stones, but had other groups as well. 1969. I was on some pure mescaline, and made the mistake of dropping my psychic shields before I knew how bad things really were.

Last edited: