Mars and the type of the sports you like

midnight sun

I was thinking about Mars positions and activities and I decided to open this thread to discuss it together.

According to you which sports or activities suit which Mars aspects or signs? And it will be better if you give examples from yourself.

Personally my Mars is in Cancer in 9th house and in aspect to Pluto and Neptune. I have played tennis years before but I never liked it and stopped playing. I found it boring and aimless. I like sports which has a philoshopy. I like activities about water, like swimming and always wanted to learn sailing.

Now it's your turn...:)

lazarusx

My Mars is in Leo on the cusp of 2nd and 3rd house, aspected to Pluto, Venus and Ascendant, however the only sport's i've found myself interested in particpating in are Skii'ing and Snowboarding.

I prefer solo sports, which carry alot of adrenaline or extreme circumstance's.. anything dull or team orientated is to slow for me.

I have mars in Gemini in 5th house well aspected. So I want lots of different interests, fingers in lots of pies, but mercuial. don't really enjoy sports, stellium in planets in taurus/earth can be quite lazy.

Remember planets are modified by sign, where they express are houses and how they express are *aspects*

natasa

I am Sagittarius / Pisces with Mars in Pisces in 1st.

I used to run (100 m) and had a good time. Also, practised aikido and karate (have some belts).

Like any sport that is quick and active but never was a competitive type.

Today because I work a lot, I practise at home (have some ``machinery``) aerobics and gymnastics.
And because it is in my 1st (I think because of it) - I just have to ``move`` and move and move and never could just seat and do nothing. Even if I do quick walking and not using bus or taxi or car.
It is also helpfull for beautifull Sagittarian legs.

szanne

I have Mars in Sag in the 7th - Never really crazy about most sports.
Earlier in life my only interest was in Equestrian Sports.
I rode and showed horses and loved it! My mars is ruled by jupiter and from what I read planetary objects & substances - Horses listed w/Jupiter. I found that interesting.
Later in life I took to dancing - a sport of sorts. I only like dancing if it is with a partner - maybe 7th H influence. :lol:

queenfluff

Mars in Sagattarius in 2nd house but have lots of squares to my Mars.

I hate most team sports esp. those that are violent like football. American football I am speaking off. I guess hunting is considered a sport and I think it is horrible and ridiculous. I can't stand to play or watch any of those on TV. Football, baseball, basketball....all "bleech" to me. And boring to watch honestly.

The only "sports" I really like is gymnastics. I used to do this as a kid and loved it. Roller or ice skating - I don't ice skate but I like to watch on TV sometimes. I guess I like the fact that there is a routinue in it and it involves some creativity.

Volleyball is the only team sport I can slightly tolerate. I guess bowling is considered a team sport too and I like bowling and I am good at it. Pool is fine too. But I don't like the competition in any of these - it is all for fun.

That said, I really don't like to exercise which is probably why "sports" for fun and competition is a good way to get exercise. Otherwise, I am only on the treadmill. :)

If dancing is considered a sport, I am very good at it. But that is only because I love music and I have natural rhythm and can't stop myself. hehe. Although, I did do some tap dancing when I was a kid. :)

I like to be in the water but not a good swimmer - I like to lay on the beach and relax - of course, unless there are cute surfers to watch than I LOVE surfing. HAHAHA! :)

I like to birdwatch ...is that considered a sport? :biggrin:

Saturnian

I have Mars in the first in capricorn...hm...I like volleyball most of all,but generally I am lazy,but I can enjoy sports,mostly of any kind if I can do it right.Exercise also tends to be fun.
ALthough I am not up much for swimming,for some reason I am not very fond of water.The last time I went to the sea to swim was around 3 years ago.

MTTY05

Mars in Virgo, 8th House.

I love baseball, America's great pastime. I only watch though (I don't like much running around or anything like that), but I'm a huge fan of one particular team.

When you think about it, baseball is kind of a Virgoish sport. The precision involved, the accuracy, the endless stats. They say it's a game of inches, but it's really more of a game of centimeters, or many millimeters.

Just think, there's a guy throwing off a pitching mound that is 10 inches high, aiming at a target that is 60 feet, 6 inches away and only about 17 inches wide (though you really only want hit the outer 2 inches on each corner, and keep the ball low too or else you'll get rocked) and a foot or so off the ground. On the other hand, the batter is trying to hit a ball that could be moving at up to 100 m.p.h. That ball could be past him in .350 of a second and even if you do make contact with the ball you'll still have to leg out a hit, and that all depends on where the ball lands, the dimensions of the ballpark, the quality of defense, and a number of other things. Imo, the hardest thing to do in sports is to hit a hard fastball low and away.

I could go on and on about baseball and its intricacies though.

Doesn't the 5th house have something to do with games & sports too?

iwonder

Mars in Libra, 8th house, conjunct Pluto, sextile Neptune.

I like sports that makes me strong, but have an element of grace. Pilates, tae-bo. I have little patience for yoga. Cross fit is missing the pretty. I also discovered that I am good at exercises where you need to keep balance, and only later it dawned on me: Mars, Libra - balance.

Wames

If dancing is considered a sport, I am very good at it. But that is only because I love music and I have natural rhythm and can't stop myself. hehe. Although, I did do some tap dancing when I was a kid. :)

It sure is a sport! :biggrin: Tap is my forte and just like you said it takes a lot of natural rhythm. It's one of those dance styles (along with hiphop, imo) that requires a lot of mental agility as well as physical discipline.

My mars (and mercury) is in virgo working out of the 12th (in whole signs) aspecting jupiter, saturn, and neptune. The only way I am able to release my feelings, both positive and negative, and center myself is through individualized activities like dance (all styles) and martial arts. I also like yoga (my ballet replacement these days) because it calms my highly nervous spirit. Unfortunately I can't do half of what I used to do but I would be the most depressing person on the planet if I didn't engage in some form of "movement".

Team sports were never my thing. But I would love to find out my father's mars. He might have a 12th house Mars too. He was an unemotional and quiet person and physically abused as a child. So he used to channel all of his rage into football, baseball, basketball, and boxing. He was always picked "Most Athletic" in high school and he was extremely talented. Hopefully I can get a chart done for him in the near future. He and I aren't close.

If my epitaph reads: "Music and movement" that sums me up beautifully.

lazarusx

If my epitaph reads: "Music and movement" that sums me up beautifully.

Yeah i must admit, there is nothing i enjoy more then music and dancing.

Music brings me back to myself, everytime. With my Ascendent, Mercury, Moon and Jupiter in Gemini allows for incredible agility with movement, and Venus and Mars in Leo gives me that driving passion.

Mars in Scorpio in 11th, conjunct Uranus (6' conjunction), trine Moon, square Venus, sextile Jupiter.

I'm lazy and don't like sports overall, neither watch or participate. I tried yoga, found it quite pleasant and relaxing and was very good at it, probably would do it again in the future.
But what I really enjoy is driving; I don't do racing or anything but drive very fast and aggressively and get a fix from it. Not sure if it qualifies as a sport though.

Last edited:

Pepperpot

Mars in aquarius 3rd house conjunct sun.

I love running, swiming and all dancing. I love to express myself through dance and if talking was a sport....it would be my number one!!:biggrin:

C0rnholio

My Mars is in Aries in the 7th house, squaring Jupiter, Mercury, and opposing Uranus. My Sun is in Leo. I like individual sports (do not like team sports, or sweating in the gym with other people). I like racing. Auto racing and motorcycle racing. Thinking about the rubber hitting asphalt and going up in smoke, with chunks coming off and flying behind the car -- this is what is fun for me. Or a dirt bike throwing a roost of dirt behind it, making a rut in clay or sand... mmmmm! I used to race motocross and won some trophies doing this. Might do it again once my knee heals up a little more. These days I have a race car, and I take it to road racing tracks around the country to run some timed laps. Love it.

Oh, almost forgot. Sex is the best sport ever for me. I am on the lookout for a training partner.

noideaaboutastro

Mars in Pisces, 4th house, aspected to five hundred million other planets including conjunct IC and opposition MC, square Sun, trine Venus, Mercury and Chiron, and sextile Saturn and Uranus. Are you still awake?

But basically all you need to know is that although I have Mars in Pisces in the 4th house, I am into extreme sports. More specifically, not group games but sports where you must rely solely on yourself, where your adrenaline gets really pumping. I hate other people around me if I'm doing sports, it's not about winning. Which, when you think about it, isn't really Pisces or 4th house. Perhaps it is my square Sun, which is very strong in my chart.

I also love gymnastics, which is a more expressive sport, but I don't think that is my Mars, more my Venus.

dperez3894

I was thinking about Mars positions and activities and I decided to open this thread to discuss it together.

According to you which sports or activities suit which Mars aspects or signs? And it will be better if you give examples from yourself.

Personally my Mars is in Cancer in 9th house and in aspect to Pluto and Neptune. I have played tennis years before but I never liked it and stopped playing. I found it boring and aimless. I like sports which has a philoshopy. I like activities about water, like swimming and always wanted to learn sailing.

Now it's your turn...:)

I've got Mars at 00 Deg 47 Min Aquarius on the 5th House cusp(within 16 Min).

I was never interested in sports at all. Maybe that's because Uranus rules Aquarius and I don't mindlessly follow the "bread and circuses" crowd because I've always gone my own way.

Miss Kitten

I have Mars in Sagittarius in the first, conjunct Scorpio ASC and Uranus.

I do not like team sports very much. I like dance and martial arts. If I had the money to do it, I'd do exciting things like white water rafting and hang gliding.