Sabian symbol Scorpio 1 degree, something about a broken beer and perfume bottle?

Rushwing

You could look at it as a karmic container for your spirit. I find the sun to be things that present positive things for you, like fueling the fire. So if you can do a little word association for this, that might point you into the direction of what is good to maintain your sense of self, integrity and overall bio-psychic energy.

IMHO (If you don't mind) this sabian makes me think of deconstruction, (the beauty of) asymmetry, change, the need for change, old into new, over-flowing, impulse, symbolic gestures, a meaning from a detail, being tired of tradition, endings, observing (and making observations of) chaos, being aware of smells, sensitivity to smells, something personal (perfume is intimate), women (only women wear it/men wear cologne), something involving fashion, and definitely as charmvirgo said, do not cry over spilt milk!

What do you think?

lilithofeden

Hm I'm not sure, my sun sign is 1 scorpio 08 and I looked it up and found it was actually the sight seeing bus or something but I can relate to the endings and new beginnings...

Correct me if I am wrong because I am unsure but would I , over time, develope these traits as my sun changes degree every solar return? I feel like I can relate to that more in my rebelious teenage years.

Rushwing

I doubt it will change. Your natal chart I believe is the first and most important sacred mandala that gives you your life mission. Either it is easy or it is hard for you to accept. What can change however, is your perspective to it. Your natal chart is who you are at the most basic level. That won't change in this incarnation. What you can do however, is begin to anticipate future events. I don't think you should anticipate how you will react to them, that's your choice, and whether you advance your vibrational evolution or not, that has nothing to do with solar returns, and everything to do with whether or not you are making the right kinds of intentions in your life. (your own free will)

sdh3

Hm I'm not sure, my sun sign is 1 scorpio 08 and I looked it up and found it was actually the sight seeing bus or something but I can relate to the endings and new beginnings...

Correct me if I am wrong because I am unsure but would I , over time, develope these traits as my sun changes degree every solar return? I feel like I can relate to that more in my rebelious teenage years.

If your Sun sign is 1 Scorpio 08 then the corresponding Sabian Symbol is Scorpio 02. In his book "The Sabian Symbols in Astrology" author Marc Edmund Jones worded the symbol as follows: "A broken bottle and spilled perfume."

As we've noted in several other threads, there are many interpretations of this symbol. I'll provide you with four:

Jones called this a symbol of "man's real power in making his permanent impact on others." He saw the bottle as a symbol for the "chrysalis of being" that is "burst open in what may well be tragedy for anything short of supreme self-dedication." Jones' keyword for this symbol was PERMEATION.

Dane Rudhyar wrote an excellent set of interpretations entitled "An Astrological Mandala." His "keynote" for the symbol is "The accidental nature of opportunities that impel one to break away from a past, the remembrance of which is still poignant and cherished." He continues noting that "a new and greater realization usually demands the sacrifice of something which has brought loveliness and fragrance to a lesser form of living and feeling. Old feelings are poignantly remembered, even as one moves into a new and wider sphere of experience. Old relationships may be left behind, but the memory of their essential moments lingers on, perhaps strong and nostalgic."

Blain Bovee has written a book on the Sabian Symbols entitled "The Sabian Symbols and Astrological Analysis." He also maintains a blog on the Sabian Symbols and here is a link to his analysis of Scorpio 2.

My own linguistic analysis of the symbol can be found here.

Hope these help.

thoughtfully
sdh3

Last edited: