Donald Trump will be impeached.

david starling

Es cosa de educar al votante. La mitad piensan que el control de gobierno es bueno, y el capitalismo es malo. Quienes promueven la mentira? los politicos, principalmente los de izquierda. Por ahora lo unico que podes hacer es educarte y ayudar a educar al votante. Pero si, en sudamerica estamos jodidos. Por eso trato de ayudarlos a los pibes de aca, que son la mayoria americanos. Ellos todavia no se undieron.

Yeah, but I can't read French. :biggrin:

david starling

About 60% of the wealth in the U.S. is now inherited! This Administration is planning to increase that percentage. Feudalism, anyone? And, so much for a meritocracy. Failed executives leave with $millions in "severance packages". The key to success in Trumpneyland: Be born rich, like he was.

david starling

The big lie talking-point in favor of "The Wall" is the lower crime-rate in El Paso. Problem: The crime rate there was WAY down BEFORE the border fence went up!

Dirius

About 60% of the wealth in the U.S. is now inherited! This Administration is planning to increase that percentage. Feudalism, anyone? And, so much for a meritocracy. Failed executives leave with $millions in "severance packages". The key to success in Trumpneyland: Be born rich, like he was.

So? you don't think children should inherit their parents wealth?

david starling

So you don't believe in private property?

It's called "inheritance tax". I can see exempting two or three $million from being taxed. Then about a 30% tax on over that amount. The children didn't earn the money, except perhaps for child actors, who should be given special consideration.

Oddity

If you don't want your children to inherit from you, you can always bequeath your money to the government.

Why encourage the government to steal from your family?

It's called "inheritance tax". I can see exempting two or three $million from being taxed. Then about a 30% tax on over that amount. The children didn't earn the money, except perhaps for child actors, who should be given special consideration.

david starling

If you don't want your children to inherit from you, you can always bequeath your money to the government.

Why encourage the government to steal from your family?

If I had $3 million to give them, tax-free, I would hope they would know what to do with it to make more money for themselves. Not to mention the 70% of whatever money I left them for anything over the $3 million. You needn't shed any tears for the fortunate children of the very wealthy!
I don't consider taxation to be stealing. Neither did the Founding Fathers, incidentally, as long as it wasn't without representation.

Oddity

There are those who can't see the Fairness for the Greed. :biggrin:

I'm trying to understand why you'd build a business, and instead of bequeathing the most of it to your children, it should go to the government instead.

Why is the government taking most of the business/money fair?

david starling

I'm trying to understand why you'd build a business, and instead of bequeathing the most of it to your children, it should go to the government instead.

Why is the government taking most of the business/money fair?

Not most, just a 30% cut, AFTER no tax on the first few $ millions.

Dirius

So? the person that did earn it wanted to give it to his or her children. Whats wrong with that? The irony is that this money has already been taxed as income, so its not like the goverment didn't get a share of it.

So lets say that a 6 year old kid looses his parents, but he gets an inheritance that could very well last him until he is 21 and can take care of himself. You seem to think you have a claim on 30% or more of that money. So are you truly saying you want to take money away from a kid?

david starling

So? the person that did earn it wanted to give it to his or her children. Whats wrong with that? The irony is that this money has already been taxed as income, so its not like the goverment didn't get a share of it.

So lets say that a 6 year old kid looses his parents, but he gets an inheritance that could very well last him until he is 21 and can take care of himself. You seem to think you have a claim on 30% or more of that money. So are you truly saying you want to take money away from a kid?

No tax under $3 million. Only 30% of anything over that. If the kid can't make it on that, someone's managing his money very inappropriately! :bandit:

Dirius

No tax under $3 million. Only 30% of anything over that. If the kid can't make it on that, someone's managing his money very inappropriately! :bandit:
So then you think you have a right to someone else's money, doesn't matter if they are a kid and it is the only thing they have in the world. Because in your view the kid does not deserve the money, you and the rest of the people do.