Law of attraction, has anybody tried it?

mahaira

Hi,

I've been wandering lately about something that is called the "law of attraction", which basically says that if you manage to control your thoughts and words and be positive most of the time, good things will happen (sorry for this oversimplifying).

I've been practicing meditation and yoga for several years now and tend to better recognize my own thought patterns. I guess I've learned to accept more and be kinder to myself (I've never had that problem when it came to others ;) ), observe, not judge...

I don't know anybody who has actually done it.
Has anybody tried it and what were your experiences?

Thank you!!!

JUPITERASC

Hi,

I've been wandering lately about something that is called the "law of attraction", which basically says that if you manage to control your thoughts and words and be positive most of the time, good things will happen (sorry for this oversimplifying).

I've been practicing meditation and yoga for several years now and tend to better recognize my own thought patterns. I guess I've learned to accept more and be kinder to myself (I've never had that problem when it came to others ;) ), observe, not judge...

I don't know anybody who has actually done it.
Has anybody tried it and what were your experiences?

Thank you!!!
45299630_1206456319513213_579661800019066880_n.jpg

Lykanized

I think the Law of Attraction may be real, but to an extent. I think we have to have intuitive awareness of ourselves and what's right for us, our paths. I don't think it works like magic, but as far as we're aligned with our paths, we're aligned with our power. I think it's a lot more complex tho

There's a logical component. It's like microactions. If we wholeheartedly believe something's gonna happen, we'll take actions toward that thing occurring down to the subconscious level, ways we might not be aware of consciously

But I think we also attract what we need, what we need to provide us lessons. So this 'law' might not work in the ways we expect. If we desire to be rich, we might have to learn a harsh lesson that teaches us that we don't truly desire to be right or being rich doesn't matter

I believe we have a lot of power, we're very powerful beings. But utilizing our power takes very in depth understanding of ourselves and as we learn about ourselves on a spiritual level, we may learn that the things we once desired aren't things we really want anymore

I don't think it's real in the way that just thinking positively will bring 'positive' things into our lives. There's deeper awareness to be realized. Sometimes 'negative' things happen to help us find a sense of light. And at some point, it seems like it's just numbing ourselves to the 'negative'. Suppressing negative thoughts is incredibly detrimental and won't yield anything of value, only suffering

There is some truth, but again I think it's a lot more complex than it sounds in 'the law of attraction'. We have so much power, but if we're not aware of our power, we may incarcerate ourselves to a life in which our power isn't being used. But that doesn't mean that unlocking the cage means we can get whatever we want just by the power of thought. The crucial element is selfawareness, very deep selfawareness, awareness of our path, development of intuition

We can't suppress. We can alchemetize, we can take something and use it to create, but we can't ignore the negative. On many fronts, it sounds to me like the law of attraction is calling us to suppress rather than use our energy. Like the message is that negative feelings are bad and they're solely a hindrance when in reality, utilizing our power would have use learn how to use negative forces for good

I've been one of those people completely trapped in darkness, powerlessness. I tried to suppress my feelings and they only intensified. I learned that I had to use that energy, not suppress it. A lot of bad **** was happening to me because I was a selffulfilling prophecy. One might say I was attracting it all to me because of my negative thoughts, but it all had to do with both microactions and not knowing how to utilize the power of my darkness to turn it into light

This hasn't been about controlling my thoughts. In fact, for me, some degree of surrender to my dark thoughts is necessary, I just learn not to allow them to kill me. I surrender to understand them and learn from them and then I take that knowledge and use it. If you feel something dark, something terrible, something that shakes you to your core, you can't just ignore it or control it and redirect it. It's there for a reason. But you also don't have to let it overpower you. Thing is, when we don't listen to these thoughts, we actually give them the power