Will I live up to or past my 80's?

JUPITERASC

I don't really know much other than natal astrology....but I guess that's why I am here, on these forums....to learn...
I tried meditation years ago, but had a problem with it because I trance very easily....I am pretty sure I did some astral travel during those sessions. It would end up just making me feel really tired after it was over....perhaps I will start another thread to talk about the sexual abuse....that's what led me in to all this in the first place
Threads tend to take on a life of their own fastlane69 so that's a good idea to begin another thread on an area of the forum other than horary while this particular thread continues and then eventually winds down at some stage :smile:

I'm no expert, just my opinion that a heart condition generally speaking would benefit from relaxation techniques and so if meditation is not an option then check out Tai Chi - or similar - very calming

poyi

Premium Member
Very welcome poyi. :smile: Yes, Culpeper was spot on with that one, eh? And thank you for your valuable help....sharing helps with the healing. (I am a sexual abuse survivor as well....(more violence indicated by my natal chart)).

Sexual abused survivor...that is again a lot of Mars and Pluto energy, that also manifest as you working in the fire related profession for so long. It is strange but always how these energy expressing themselves in various ways. I bet you also was in a lot of danger, on the edge in the way like the burns and risk at work you used to face regarding to the sexual abuses. You survived both. These Mars and Pluto energy, I bet they also made you so strong internally to be able to deal with those stress from work for 24 years.

I have Mars and Pluto parallel, physical and verbal abuses during childhood, ongoing physical and verbal abuses from patients and family that I look after (they are very confused, with sepsis, dementia and delirium often) while 2 nights ago, a psychiatric patient was calling on night shift wanting to have phone sex, most disgusting thing ever, and he verbally harassed many nurses when he was there. After discharged he literally walked into our ward on night shift twice, when we were most vulnerable, trying to find his way to creep us. Many things happened from this parallel energy the worst one was I had been stalked by a man for 3 months and almost got assaulted in my own home, he wanted me to be his girlfriend.

These energy in my natal never changed they just expressed in different ways. But at the same time, Mars parallel Pluto gave me a lot of mental power and physical strength to deal with all the craziness and tragic things I needed to deal with every day at work. There is always still positive side from all the negative energy.

tsmall

Premium Member
In for a penny, in for a pound.

waybread, you said

If I want a thread about my personal views, experience, &c re: horary astrology, I will have no trouble starting one.

I don’t doubt for a moment that you would have no trouble starting one. My point was that perhaps expressing those personal views, experience, book reports on a thread asking a specific question is not the best place to do so. These types of sidebars have been discouraged in the past, though clearly forum moderation isn’t what it used to be. The horary forum is broken into subtopics for a reason, with a board dedicated entirely to theory. The rest of the boards are intended to be a place to read, and learn to read horary charts. Have you learned anything? Care to try your hand?

Moving on...

p.s. on whether a late degree indicates that a chart is not to be judged, you previously effectly answered your longevity question to your satisfaction using some techniques or other on your natal chart; though you could just as well have gotten the response from another sort of divination. So that one is completed. And your last post does indicate your "real" concern, not appearing in your OP.

Apparently you did learn something, and that something puts you on a level with Bonatti, and his personal observations, which is where this so called “stricture” originated.

I looks as though Zarathu was involved in this thread at some point today, though his original posts have been deleted. I believe one of his quoted questions is what would BobZemco say about this matter of a late ASC.

Let's finish this up....continuing with Bonatti's second suggested way in which an astrologer might err....

"...and I found many who confided to me that it was so, and they reckoned afterwards that I knew something else which they had believed before; and they were brought to faith in the Art when beforehand they had had none."

One thing I want to point out here is that Bonatti is not talking in absolutes...

"....I have been tested many times..."

....but not every time.

Let's look at the context here from the paragraph following....

"And when I found [such an] Ascendant for someone, as I stated, I used to say to him, "Brother, do not exhaust me unless you are asking from an intention, because I suspect that you want to deceive me by not proposing this question like you were supposed to. But if you want me to work on your affairs, recompense me for my labor"-and immediately, if it was a deception, he went away."

Moving on again...

but does anybody here think a chart should be read when the fundamental question is explicitly other than the one the querant initially asked?

Yes. You have just addressed what Bonatti’s observation was, in that if the querent asks from honest intent, but has an inability to accurately ask the question at the essence of the matter, the astrologer still can answer the true question. The chart will show it. That is the point I am trying to make, and I believe it is the point that others are trying to make. I don’t remember (and this searching and copying and quoting is tedious) if it was on this thread or another (did I mention that the idea of a late ASC has been litigated ad nauseam here lately?) but dr. farr has pointed out that he does not give consideration to a late ASC (though sometimes if it is in the last degree of a sign he will choose not to answer—his own stated preference.) The reason he gave is that nowhere in the ancient literature (pre Bonatti/Lilly) is this warning given. Why? Because it was an observation, proclaimed as just that, by Bonatti. In other words, it was Bonatti’s opinion based on the charts he had received that the astrologer could err (because he had on several occasions) and the likely reason for it was either that the querent was testing him, or did not know how to ask the question.

Ok, friends: will the real and true and undisputed horary list of times when not to pass judgment please stand up?

It already has.

I only interpret those charts which I myself feel are something that a horary is likely and capable of answering...

According to Bonatti, the only chart that should not be read, because the chart is invalid, is one in which the hour ruler and ASC ruler are not in agreement, meaning the Universe isn't looking at the question.

Ok. After reading these two women, and learning their sources, do you have an answer for the OP? I don't, because I didn't know how to find the significators for the question, therefore I didn't know how to find the answer to the OP. For that, I learned something, again from the only astrologer who actually replied to the OP.

As I’ve quite become used to the idea that I’ve only been studying for two years and therefore every dang person here is going to assume that I have no idea what I’m talking about, how about a reply from a seasoned horary astrologer who did believe he understood the question, and knew how to answer it?

Welcome to the forum. You are certainly starting with a serious question.

To begin with there are a number of issues with this chart. First the ascendant is in the final degree of the rising sign. Then the Moon is in its fall and the burning way. And there are other things. Lilly writes that we should discard this chart if doing it for a client, but because you are an astrologer and it is your chart, I will continue as your consultant. The relevant paragraph is on page 408 of Christian Astrology.

If the lord of the ascendant applies to the lord of the 8th house and this significator is dignified and one of the fortunes then the querent will live as long as the time he has propounded. This is the case here (Sun applies to Jupiter in Cancer), and it would indicate the natural life of the querent. This is the good news.

However, there is bad news. The square aspect indicates that this will not be an easy life. The Sun is conjunct Algorab, Jupiter conjunct Wasat and Algol is culminating. These are very violent fixed stars. The querent could be caught in a catastrophe short of the time predicted.

As an electional astrologer I recommend that you take that up yourself and cast favorable charts when you do things. This will help you live out the natural prediction in favorable circumstances.

Note the bolded sentence. There is a difference between consulting as an astrologer for a client, and consulting as an astrologer to a student. Never should the two be mixed up.

In subsequent replies, fastlane has revealed that he/she (sorry, I’ve not yet looked at the natal) has been studying his/her chart through astrology for 25 years. This is what we call professional courtesy. Why? Because astrologers are able to read things in charts that they may prefer not to answer for clients...for a variety of reasons.

waybread

tsmall, thanks for sharing all your information.

My intent here was to share some experts' opinions with fastlane 69, some of it at variance with several posters. This "book report" information can be taken or left. Barclay and Hamaker-Zondag had/have more professional experience as horary astrologers-- with client feedback-- than anyone else here: so who is the expert? I didn't write the cited material. These professionals did.

If you've read their books perhaps you can comment on these author's expertise. I also cited their traditional sources-- but who's counting?

My only personal contribution here was to try to offer fastlane69 some emotional support and practical advice about things like life insurance (which probably only reinforced what he already knows.) If you follow Bonatti, someone else admires Lilly, and a third person prefers Bob Zemco or Daffy Duck, this is an interesting discussion to have; but it collectively only reinforces that the experts disagree in terms of a fundamental question about the circumstances under which one should read a chart at all. This again is simple objective reporting. I did it for fastlane69's sake, not for anyone else who might look over my shoulder.

People who wish to pit Expert A against Expert B are encouraged to do so; but not, I suggest as a hijack of fastlane69's thread. If you or anyone else wishes to question my motives, experience, or literature review, this is also a hijack. This thread isn't about me. It is about fastlane69's inquiry.

Last edited:

fastlane69

Welcome to the forum. You are certainly starting with a serious question.

To begin with there are a number of issues with this chart. First the ascendant is in the final degree of the rising sign. Then the Moon is in its fall and the burning way. And there are other things. Lilly writes that we should discard this chart if doing it for a client, but because you are an astrologer and it is your chart, I will continue as your consultant. The relevant paragraph is on page 408 of Christian Astrology.

If the lord of the ascendant applies to the lord of the 8th house and this significator is dignified and one of the fortunes then the querent will live as long as the time he has propounded. This is the case here (Sun applies to Jupiter in Cancer), and it would indicate the natural life of the querent. This is the good news.

However, there is bad news. The square aspect indicates that this will not be an easy life. The Sun is conjunct Algorab, Jupiter conjunct Wasat and Algol is culminating. These are very violent fixed stars. The querent could be caught in a catastrophe short of the time predicted.

As an electional astrologer I recommend that you take that up yourself and cast favorable charts when you do things. This will help you live out the natural prediction in favorable circumstances.

Ok....so if I understand this correctly, Culpeper is saying this indicates living out life until expiring from natural causes, is that correct? I think I understand the bad news as well. Although I have experienced on many occasions the protections afforded to me from my natal chart, accidents happen....correct? I can live with that....

fastlane69

In for a penny, in for a pound.

waybread, you said

I don’t doubt for a moment that you would have no trouble starting one. My point was that perhaps expressing those personal views, experience, book reports on a thread asking a specific question is not the best place to do so. These types of sidebars have been discouraged in the past, though clearly forum moderation isn’t what it used to be. The horary forum is broken into subtopics for a reason, with a board dedicated entirely to theory. The rest of the boards are intended to be a place to read, and learn to read horary charts. Have you learned anything? Care to try your hand?

Moving on...

Apparently you did learn something, and that something puts you on a level with Bonatti, and his personal observations, which is where this so called “stricture” originated.

I looks as though Zarathu was involved in this thread at some point today, though his original posts have been deleted. I believe one of his quoted questions is what would BobZemco say about this matter of a late ASC.

Moving on again...

Yes. You have just addressed what Bonatti’s observation was, in that if the querent asks from honest intent, but has an inability to accurately ask the question at the essence of the matter, the astrologer still can answer the true question. The chart will show it. That is the point I am trying to make, and I believe it is the point that others are trying to make. I don’t remember (and this searching and copying and quoting is tedious) if it was on this thread or another (did I mention that the idea of a late ASC has been litigated ad nauseam here lately?) but dr. farr has pointed out that he does not give consideration to a late ASC (though sometimes if it is in the last degree of a sign he will choose not to answer—his own stated preference.) The reason he gave is that nowhere in the ancient literature (pre Bonatti/Lilly) is this warning given. Why? Because it was an observation, proclaimed as just that, by Bonatti. In other words, it was Bonatti’s opinion based on the charts he had received that the astrologer could err (because he had on several occasions) and the likely reason for it was either that the querent was testing him, or did not know how to ask the question.

It already has.

As I’ve quite become used to the idea that I’ve only been studying for two years and therefore every dang person here is going to assume that I have no idea what I’m talking about, how about a reply from a seasoned horary astrologer who did believe he understood the question, and knew how to answer it?

Note the bolded sentence. There is a difference between consulting as an astrologer for a client, and consulting as an astrologer to a student. Never should the two be mixed up.

In subsequent replies, fastlane has revealed that he/she (sorry, I’ve not yet looked at the natal) has been studying his/her chart through astrology for 25 years. This is what we call professional courtesy. Why? Because astrologers are able to read things in charts that they may prefer not to answer for clients...for a variety of reasons.

I assure you tsmall, that I have honest intent.....and yes, I do have trouble with communication more often than not. I am often misunderstood or misinterpreted. Thank you for taking the time to clarify. :smile:

fastlane69

You asked this in the Horary section of this forum and while it is one that I peruse occasionally, I don't answer questions here.

But, for purpose of argument, I'm going to assume that you put this in another section like "Transits" or "Read My Chart". As a side note, my planetary focus is predictions in mundane, medical, and economy (stocks) and I primarily use Transits, Progressions, and Solar Arcs.

For an understanding of the scope of work (from my perspective) required for your question --

- for each year up to 80 years which is 30 years, generate an interpret a transit, progression, and solar arc which is 30 charts

- with each possible event, generate a closer set of charts to a more focused month/day (possible another 10-15 charts)

This would be about 40-45 charts of in-depth analysis. If I was charging, this would be more than 10K.

In effect, I would have to do a detailed reading for each year of your life from this point going forward to 80 years of age to see if there is a chance of a life-changing event. To put that in perspective, when I answer questions on this site, I only spend about 10-15 minutes analyzing a chart and writing the response.

So being a devil's advocate here --- if you had to pay for this, what would this answer be worth to you? I don't expect an answer ... And, please note that I do not fish for clients here, this is by no means a solicitation.

On the other hand, if you posted a chart once a year and asked if the year ahead looked particularly challenging, then you would likely be able to get your answers although, not as detailed and much slower ...

Marinka....I feel I must apologize for my original response to this post today. I was feeling overwhelmed by some of the responses today when I originally responded to you, and was not in the best frame of mind....
My answer to you is this....If I had the funds to do so at this time, I feel that this is such an important thing for me to know, that I would gladly pay whatever the astrologer asked to receive. If $10,000 were the amount required, I would gladly pay it to know the answer.
I believe in astrology....I have seen it work time and time again in natal charts....I believe that astrology is a mixture of science and art. The science in the mathematics required for calculation, and the art in the delineation. That being said, I would not expect for this amount of work to be done for free or even a small fee. People should be well paid for their time spent working in their profession. In retrospect, I suppose I should have framed the question differently, but all in all....everything that I wish to accomplish depends on my longevity. I hope that makes sense. Once again, thank you for your response.

tsmall

Premium Member
I assure you tsmall, that I have honest intent.....and yes, I do have trouble with communication more often than not. I am often misunderstood or misinterpreted. Thank you for taking the time to clarify. :smile:

Well, I'd love to clarify more...but your original chart lacks the details. As in date, time and place of birth of the question, and while there are those who can look at a chart and figure it out immediately, the format is one with which I am unfamiliar, and so means that I need to take more time to look, and figure it out. :andy:

Looking at what you have for a chart, Sun is your sigificator, and Sun is posited in the 2nd house...in fall, in feminine degree and quadrant, though masculine sign. Sect helps us to figure out the motives of the querent, and also whether or not the querent is what he seems. Sun in second at a first glance (reading any chart, including a query, does take time, because what can seem to be a slam dunk at the outset can bring unsettling reality if the astrologer doesn't take the time needed to explore it all)

Contrary to what appears to be popular belief, at least as stated on this thread, reading an horary chart takes time...especially if on wants to find the why beyond the yes or no.

Are you able or willing to share the birth data for the chart? Beyond that, my advice in re your original question is to follow Culpepper's adivce.

fastlane69

Well, I'd love to clarify more...but your original chart lacks the details. As in date, time and place of birth of the question, and while there are those who can look at a chart and figure it out immediately, the format is one with which I am unfamiliar, and so means that I need to take more time to look, and figure it out. :andy:

Looking at what you have for a chart, Sun is your sigificator, and Sun is posited in the 2nd house...in fall, in feminine degree and quadrant, though masculine sign. Sect helps us to figure out the motives of the querent, and also whether or not the querent is what he seems. Sun in second at a first glance (reading any chart, including a query, does take time, because what can seem to be a slam dunk at the outset can bring unsettling reality if the astrologer doesn't take the time needed to explore it all)

Contrary to what appears to be popular belief, at least as stated on this thread, reading an horary chart takes time...especially if on wants to find the why beyond the yes or no.

Are you able or willing to share the birth data for the chart? Beyond that, my advice in re your original question is to follow Culpepper's adivce.

Actually the significator makes perfect sense if you saw my natal. I am a male, but it can be said that I do have some feminine qualities. Not outwardly per se, but more inward. The birth data for the horary was included with the original jpeg, but here it is again:

Will I live to or past my 80's?
Horary Chart
6 Oct 2013
4:01:18 AM
CDT +05:00:00
Clear Lake City TX
USA
95w07'00
29n33'00
Geocentric
Tropical
Regiomontanus
True Node

Also another question, why is the ruler of my 8th Jupiter and not Neptune? Is traditional ruler best, accepted practice or personal preference of the astrologer...just curious. Also, would Arabic parts apply to this chart as well?

dr. farr

1) Traditional (and quasi-traditional, like me) horary practitioners use Jupiter as significator for Pisces in horary delineations
2) Yes, Arabic Parts certainly could apply to the chart

fastlane69

1) Traditional (and quasi-traditional, like me) horary practitioners use Jupiter as significator for Pisces in horary delineations
2) Yes, Arabic Parts certainly could apply to the chart

Thank you for your reply dr. farr,

That being said, I have always used modern for my natal. Could Neptune be valid as well as ruler of Pisces in an horary chart such as this one? If so, that changes things up a bit.....

fastlane69

To continue.....my moon is in trine with Neptune applying. Wouldn't this bear consideration as well?

To quote:
For a perfection of the matter inquired after in horary astrology, whereby the thing is shown as being able to be brought to pass, the significators for the person asking (querent) and the thing being asked about (quesited) must come together by conjunction or major aspect. The horary chart cast for the moment of inquiry must show the significators in an applying aspect, denoting that the matter will come to pass. Bonatti tells us that there are three forms of perfection:
the ruler of the ascendant and [or] the moon, as significators of the querent, perfect an aspect with the ruler of the quesited.

fastlane69

Notable Arabic Parts.....although I don't quite understand their significance...

Moon conjunct Part of Necessities
Neptune conjunct Part of Nobility and Honor; Part of Kingdom

MC conjunct Part of Divorce
Jupiter conjunct Part of Grandfathers
Venus conjunct Part of Sudden Advancement; Part of Serious Matters
Pluto conjunct Part of Sentiment

fastlane69

Fixed stars that I have noticed with my software (not that familiar with fixed star influences).

Mercury conjunct Gacrux 0 40'
Gacrux, is one of the four bright stars in Crux, The Southern Cross. Not known to the ancients in the Northern Hemisphere. It may have similar qualities as Acrux, the brightest star in the Southern Cross, and bestow spiritual inclinations and an interest in metaphysical studies. Thought to be of the nature of Jupiter.

Mercury conjunct Khambalia 0 27'
Khambalia is a star on the Virgin's left foot. Shows unreliability, uncertainty and change. Can also indicate arguments, impulsiveness and sudden violence. Nature of Mercury and Mars.

Jupiter conjunct Wasat 0 31'
Wasat, is "the middle" (of the constellation). It is on the right arm of the Northern Twin. A violent, destructive influence. Associated with chemicals and poisons. Nature of Saturn.

Saturn conjunct Copula 0 28'
Copula is the whirlpool galaxy M51 in the tail of the Bear. Nature of Moon and Venus.

Uranus conjunct Algenib 0 22'
Algenib, is the "wing" or "side," of Pegasus (The Winged Horse), and is associated with a strong will, a fighting spirit, an incisive mind and a gift for oratory. Nature of Mercury and Mars.

Pluto conjunct Facies 0 09'
Facies is the nebula M22 in the Archer's face. Associated with blindness, defective eyesight, sickness, accidents, violence. Nature of Sun and Mars.

Moon's North Node conjunct Gacrux 0 10'
Gacrux, is one of the four bright stars in Crux, The Southern Cross. Not known to the ancients in the Northern Hemisphere. It may have similar qualities as Acrux, the brightest star in the Southern Cross, and bestow spiritual inclinations and an interest in metaphysical studies. Thought to be of the nature of Jupiter.

Moon's North Node conjunct Khambalia 0 02'
Khambalia is a star on the Virgin's left foot. Shows unreliability, uncertainty and change. Can also indicate arguments, impulsiveness and sudden violence. Nature of Mercury and Mars.

Ascendant conjunct Regulus 0 48'
Regulus, in Leo (The Lion), means "little king," named by Copernicus. It is the heart of the lion. It is associated with generosity and ambition. If well aspected it will raise the person to high positions in life and denotes successful activity, prominence and wealth. Nature of Mars and Jupiter.

Midheaven conjunct Algol 0 37'
Algol, "the demon," or Demon Star, which "blinks" in Perseus (The Hero). It changes in brightness from 2.0 to 3.3 magnitude and back again every 2.9 days. Algol is an eclipsing binary. Algol marks Medusa's severed head and has a reputation for violence and extreme danger. Algol is a name derived from Arabic "Al Ghoul" meaning "demon", "evil spirit" or "devil". The word "alcohol" can also be traced to Al Ghoul. Nature of Mars and Saturn.

fastlane69

Also the Sun being in fall in Al Zubana.....I'm not going to make it, am I?
That's ok......I'll make the best of the time I have left. Thanks to all involved....:smile:
Thank you Culpeper for setting me on the path to find the answer.

Paul_

Account Closed
Fastlane

Be wary with your latest trend of thought - the approaches you are taking are simply not the kinds of things that horary astrologers do to answer questions.

No horary astrologer would conclude that because the Sun is in fall in Al Zubana that you are "not going to make it".

If you are looking for an honest enquiry into the nature of the horary you posed I suggest going back to Culpeper's first response to you and spending time reading it and re-reading it.

I think you are attaching to a red herring by following the train of thought in your later posts.

If you're looking for a straightforward answer, then I think Culpeper sums it up very quickly and succinctly:

f the lord of the ascendant applies to the lord of the 8th house and this significator is dignified and one of the fortunes then the querent will live as long as the time he has propounded. This is the case here (Sun applies to Jupiter in Cancer), and it would indicate the natural life of the querent. This is the good news.

Personally, even with clarification, I do not see a problem or issue which needs resolving or some guidance. Perhaps there's another question underlying this one.

Paul_

Account Closed
My intent here was to share some experts' opinions with fastlane 69, some of it at variance with several posters. This "book report" information can be taken or left. Barclay and Hamaker-Zondag had/have more professional experience as horary astrologers-- with client feedback-- than anyone else here: so who is the expert? I didn't write the cited material. These professionals did.

I am not sure how you are determining who has more client feedback Waybread nor even why that is relevant to this discussion. Olivia Barclay has passed away and will not be participating in this forum, it is unlikely that KHZ will either. With that in mind if you want to post by authority, then obviously you should not be surprised that others will similarly post by authority - there's no point rebuking the others for doing so when you introduced it into the discussion and continue to argue by authority.

For what it's worth, we might have reason to raise questions marks over those books - clearly they get many traditional techniques wrong or confused. We must therefore put their 'authority' into context of the times they were writing in. We know a heck of a lot more about the greater tradition of astrology that both of these authors are directly or indirectly sourcing or referencing and therefore can see more clearly where they err and make mistakes.

That isn't to say we can't recognise those authors' advice, we can. But with that done, we can also hear from other opinions. Keep in mind you are the first to introduce the idea of an argument by authority or to offer advice from 'experts'. We can hardly be surprised when others follow your lead, and it's not useful to then rebuke others for doing what you yourself did or then accuse them of hijacking a thread if they dare to disagree with the views of the authors you cited.

By selectively highlighting only the parts of those authors where they advise to not read the charts, as you have understood it, and by arguing from authority using their names (repeatedly) there is an implication that could be mistaken from your posts, if someone were not more aware of horary generally, that those points are commonly attested or that they're a prevailing view today. They are not. And it is worth highlighting that for fastlane's sake.

If you are not interested in pitting Expert A against Expert B, it probably was unwise to start plugging what Expert A said in the hope nobody would plug what Expert B said.

poyi

Premium Member
However, I think according to Cupleper's will, he or she had removed part of this original interpretation.

So do we consider the Moon conjunction Saturn in 10 orbs? Then the Venus in Scorpio at very late degree before Moon leaving the sign? Also at IC. Venus is the ruler of the Sun which links to Leo ascendant.

I think we all read the original reply and that was the only response as ascendant can be read. I think the above message is enough to state this side of view...I will PM the original to Fastlane69

fastlane69

sigh.....so.....things I have learned tonight:
1. Using traditional rulers this horary chart is not valid.
2. Fixed stars and Arabic Parts are applicable.
3. Some argue it's valid....some argue it's not.
4. I am way in over my head. The reason I asked for help in the first place.
5. Using modern rulers, to me it looks like my answer was yes. But, with stipulations.

Once again, it's not the death I am focused on. I have very good reasons which make perfect sense to me for asking this question. I need the answer. If I could explain myself better I think most would understand why I need this answer....that would take a while however. I did read and reread and reread Culpeper's post. I thought I understood it....maybe I don't. I'm confused now....