Sabian Synestry

Kite

I thought it might be fun to look at connections we have here where we share the same degree in our birth chart with other members. I'm pretty blown away by the connection Elianah and I share with my Sun and her Saturn within not only the same degree but also the same minute!!

19Sag43 is the spot. The Sabian Symbol for 20 Sag is MEN CUTTING THE ICE OF A FROZEN POND, FOR SUMMER USE .

I think this is an incredible synchronistic symbol when looking at the two planets involved - the Sun (Summer) and Saturn (Ice). Here we have the proverbial making lemonade out of sour lemons scenario. We find an opportunity within the apparant irreconcilable environment to breakthrough and find life/expansion/fluidness.

The reference I found for this Sabian symbol said
Depth of operation necessary to prepare for next phase of life. Sacrifice of present to future. Thoroughness of action.
___*When positive, the degree is exceptional capacity for overcoming obstacles and capitalizing on every possible eventuality, and when negative, lack of perspective and wholly unnecessary acceptance of hardship.

Aren't Sabian symbols fun and interesting? Any more connections out there?

Lapis

Kite,

Wow your Sun and Elianah's Saturn at exact degree AND minute? Do you two feel like there's some past life karmic connection (hint hint)? :wink: The Sabian sounds like it too to me.

I bet we'd be surprised at how many of these sort of connections many of us here have with some others. You can feel some of them. The strongest thing I noticed between our charts is your Pluto at 0 Virgo 24' and my ASC at 0 Pisces 49'. Yep another past life tie-in IMO. We also have a few planets that are only 1 and 2 degress apart.

Kite

Hi Lapis. Yes I feel a connection with both of you. In your case Jeffrey Wolf Green wrote specifically about how important is for Pluto to balance itself with it's opposite degree which in my case would be 0 Pisces. So in essence your personality reflects this balancing point. Where, when we might have tripped together, I do not know..perhaps your guides can shed some light.

In Elianah's case, Liz Greene alluded to the powerful connection Sun and Saturn have in synastry. An almost symbiotic relationship that gets stronger over time. Perhaps we had a strong family connection. I wish I could tap into my past life records. Maybe this Chiron return will help.

Draco

Hi you two and all,

Just out of interest, do either of you have a planet upon the same degree as any of mine?

My data: 15th Sept. 1982, Blackpool 3w03/53n50, England, @ 19:05

I would like to just bring up the Astrodienst chart to save you the bother, but unfortunately, I have no idea how to do this. I have tried cut 'n' paste but it doesn't work. I would love it if anyone could tell me how to do this.

Cheers,

Draco :wink:

PS - Why don't people post thier data on this thread so that we can check out any sabian synastry's between one and other. This could get interesting.

Kite

This one is for another friend of mine who is debating which theatre of life this fits for her Jupiter at 5 Aries:

36__(6°)
A CANTILEVER BRIDGE IN CONSTRUCTION ACROSS A DEEP CANYON Conquest of difficulties and limitations by intelligence. Directed effort toward solving a problem. Channel-ship.
___*When positive, the degree is the directness and the practical instinct by which personality achieves ultimate benefit of its powers, and when negative, a love of short cuts and every possible escape from the obligations of daily living.

C1

8) << :p >>

Hmmm, what orb would apply?
ASC is: 20deg37 Sag

261__(21°)
CHILD AND DOG PLAY GRAVELY,WITH EYEGLASSES ON THEIR NOSES Usefulness of make-believe. Rising to situations through the imagination. Assuming a part ahead of natural development.
___*When positive, the degree is an
exceptional skill in the analysis of personal opportunity throughout the many dimensions of experience, and when negative, distorted vision and self-defeating prejudice.

So...do we have synastry?

( :?
What say you, doggie?)

Kite

C1 I'm on ice pond cutting holes to fish. I suppose I need a bird dog that can see pretty well :lol: 8)

Elianah

Hi everyone!

Kite, I have been pondering what you said about our Sabian synastry. Perhaps it was not a family tie but a hevruta tie we have. We have studied with each other in other lifetimes in this universe and in other universes. Perhaps we are cutting a hole in the ice to see what the consciousness below is like and how to bring it into general usage.

C1, perhaps you are the muse that assists bringing it to fruition. :wink:

Elianah

Kite

Very nice Elianah. I do like your process and methodology. I feel like a learn a lot from you so this does make sense.

C1 - watch out! There are spys everywhere :roll: :roll:

Arian Maverick

I just rediscovered this board buried beneath lots of newer topics and think this is a fascinating idea!

I asked the Sabian Symbols' Oracle if I should revive this board, and received the following answer:

GEMINI__6__THE SPAN OF RESTLESSNESS

76__(16°)
WOMAN AGITATOR MAKES AN IMPASSIONED PLEA TO A CROWD Rising of the human soul in demand for the recognition by the outer nature of the needs of inner being. Self-assertion.
___*When positive, the degree is an unswerving determination to expand every potential of being and take part in every possible detail of world-wide reconstruction, and when negative, a bias forever exalting itself.

Does this sound familiar? Only now did I realize that this is also the Sabian degree of my natal Mars (action)!

I don't know how everyone else feels about this, but I know this was meant to be...I rediscovered this board at the perfect moment in accordance with the Universe, and others will also find their way to this board exactly when they are meant to do so. I have an awesome feeling that we will discover some amazing astrological connections! :D

EDIT: Like the impatient Arien I am, I went back to the Sabian Symbols' Oracle to ask how others would respond to this reactivated board. I received the following anwer:

67__(7°)
AN OLD WELL, FILLED WITH PURE WATER, SHADED BY TREES Deep and mature relationship between man and the basic life-giving reality of his environment. Inner assurance; poise.
___*When positive, the degree is absolute self- reliance and uncompromising faithfulness, and when negative, insensibility and ineptness in all human contact.

This is the Sabian symbol that is associated with the numerological value of my full name! :mrgreen:

Now, let the games begin! :wink:

Aquarian Maverick

Elianah

Upon reviewing thread, I noticed the synastry between the extremely tight opposition between between her ASC and my Mercury—it is within 15 minutes of exactitude, and my Ceres is within two minutes of exactitude. It also means that my Pluto is also opposite her ASC, just as Kite's is.

I don't know if this is off-topic but I'd like to throw it into the mix: I wonder if by using the Sabian symbols with midpoints, one could get effective information on how to integrate energetical patterns, such as aspects and then link them to synastries with other people who have one of those planets at that degree.

For instance, if I look at the mid-point for my Sun-Mars square it is 19° Gemini. The Sabian reads:

79__(19°)
LARGE ARCHAIC VOLUME ON DISPLAY IN A MUSEUM'S ARCHIVES Reserve of collective knowledge and wisdom beyond true individual self-expression. Deference to past experience.
___*When positive, the degree is a special capacity for the recovery of prior advantages or the effective disentanglement of present involvements, and when negative, a slavish worship of tradition and authority.

Then if I could find a person with either the Sun or Mars at that position, I could ask how they respond to this to see how it plays out in its pure state.

Is this a viable way to use the Sabian Symbols?

sita

Joining up on this thread, maybe late but Elainah and AQMav,
my Vesta's at 19'52" Sagittarius. My neptune's at 18'10".

20 Sag is MEN CUTTING THE ICE OF A FROZEN POND, FOR SUMMER USE .

cheers, Sita

Kite

Sounds like another thread Aq Mav - Sabian 20 Sag Club!

Sita - Happy to have you in our ice fishing circle.

Arian Maverick

Sounds like another thread Aq Mav - Sabian 20 Sag Club!

Nah, I don't think we need another thread for that...it's getting difficult to keep track and organize all of them :roll:

I have an idea--how about if everyone creates a list of all of their Sabian symbols and posts them here for comparison? Here's mine:

ASCENDENT:

307__(7°)
OUT OF THE COSMIC EGG,LIFE IS BORN FRESH AND VIRGINAL New actuation of effort by the power of unrealized purposes. Self-expression beyond all expectation. Spiritual protection.

___*When positive, the degree is a highly individual and completely unlimited resourcefulness, and when negative, naive reliance on external accident.

DESCENDENT:

127__(7°)
THE CONSTELLATIONS GLOW IN THE DARKNESS OF DESERT SKIES Sense of primordial wonder and awe before life. Unquenchable faith in a spiritual being complementing our own. Realization.

___*When positive, the degree is consistent effectiveness in understanding and self-ordering, and when negative, a loss of all present integrity through an unnecessary retreat to the remote or mysterious.

NADIR:

58__(28°)
MATURE WOMAN REAWAKENED TO ROMANCE ADMIRES HERSELF New perspective on life, genuine rejuvenation. The compelling charm of mature experience. Rebelliousness of inner hopes.

___*When positive, the degree is the soul's effective capitalization on its more enduring potentials, and when negative, a tendency to lose heart and accept lesser things when greater ones lie at hand.

MIDHEAVEN:

238__(28°)
THE KING OF FAIRYLAND IS SOLEMNLY WELCOMED TO HIS REALM Necessary respect for symbolic values holding vital forces integrated. Self-realization through devotion to the One.

___*When positive, the degree is a special competence of inward vision and a consequent outward perspective of high effectiveness, and when negative, capricious self-indulgence.

Sun:

16__(16°)
BRIGHTLY CLAD BROWNIES, DANCING IN WARM DYING LIGHT Relationship between conscious and unconscious sides of life. Invisible assistance often entailing obligation to outer forces.

___*When positive, the degree is simple good fortune together with unlimited opportunity as the direct fruitage of effort, and when negative, delusions of adequacy with a complete inability to act in real self-interest.

Moon:

4__(4°)
TWO LOVERS ARE STROLLING THROUGH A SECLUDED PARK LANE Fullness of conscious participation in life without responsibility. Closing of a cycle of activity, implying satiation.

___*When positive, the degree is an utterly naive assimilation of self into its world and a complete flow of all effort towards some proper end, and when negative, the indiscriminate loss of the self's real assets in pure self-indulgence.

Mercury:

17__(17°)
TWO PRIM SPINSTERS ARE SITTING TOGETHER IN SILENCE Poised and dispassionate outlook, involving either great dignity and integrity of self, or inability to live life fully.

___*When positive, the degree is an utter fidelity to self and all its special idealizations of its own capacities, and when negative, an increasing exaltation of shallow interests and a witless pretense of distinction and great virtue.

Mars:

76__(16°)
WOMAN AGITATOR MAKES AN IMPASSIONED PLEA TO A CROWD Rising of the human soul in demand for the recognition by the outer nature of the needs of inner being. Self-assertion.

___*When positive, the degree is an unswerving determination to expand every potential of being and take part in every possible detail of world-wide reconstruction, and when negative, a bias forever exalting itself.

Opposite Yod Point:

256__(16°)
A CALM OCEAN; A MOTIONLESS SHIP; LAZILY SOARING SEAGULLS The moments of pause which sustain and presage change. Alert readiness to act; or distress at not knowing what lies ahead.

___*When positive, the degree is a gift for recognizing every opportunity at hand, and when negative, aimless expectation.

Jupiter: 12365 B.C.

65__(5°)
A RADICAL MAGAZINE DISPLAYS A SENSATIONAL FRONT PAGE The compelling power of social propaganda. Exteriorization of emotional sympathy in organized reform. Efficiency.

___*When positive, the degree is personality in its highly effective capacity for putting its stamp on everything it touches, and when negative, a perverse determination to quarrel with everybody.

Saturn: 1785 A.D.

284__(14°)
IN DENSE JUNGLE, A PERFECTLY PRESERVED MAYAN BAS-RELIEF Man's power to leave permanent records of his achievements. Personal immortality. Fecundation of future by past. Assurance.

___*When positive, the degree is a gift for bringing all things into a pattern of convenience and thereupon precipitating an inevitability of desired results, and when negative, meaningless limitation.

Uranus:

276__(6°)
TEN LOGS LIE UNDER ARCHWAY LEADING TO DARKER WOODS Illimitability of experience, as man moves from completion to ever greater fulfillment. Keenness in knowing. Thoroughness.

___*When positive, the degree is high competence in the interpretation of life's purposes or unusual persistence in employing its ramifying potentials effectively, and when negative, fear of experience and bondage to mystery.

Neptune:

283__(13°)
BENEATH SNOW-CLAD PEAKS A FIRE-WORSHIPPER IS MEDITATING Firm establishment upon immemorial principles. Consciousness of absolute unity. Depth of soul-penetration. Self-conquest.

___*When positive, the degree is extraordinary skill in enlisting every resource of the world for the exaltation of self and the consummation of its ambitions, and when negative, consistent overestimation of personal capacity.

Pluto: 1333 A.D.

225__(15°)
LAUGHING CHILDREN PLAY UPON FIVE MOUNDS OF WHITE SAND The world of the five senses as the playground of God and Soul. Honesty in self-expression. Bondage to sense-patterns.

___*When positive, the degree is a gift for a continual discovery of new and effective facets of selfhood, and when negative, wholly purposeless ineptitude.

Opposite Yod Point

45__(15°)
MAN WITH RAKISH SILK HAT, MUFFLED, BRAVES THE STORM Supremacy of conscious mind over brute nature forces. Full appreciation of outer difficulties. Great inner resources.

___*When positive, the degree is a superb aplomb arising from the constant rediscovery of greater powers latent in selfhood, and when negative, marked insensibility to all deeper impulses and complete surrender to superficial self-interest

North Node:

335__(5°)
A WARM-HEARTED CROWD GATHERS AT A CHURCH BAZAAR Interchange of spirit and understanding on which groups are built. New self-development. Discouragement mastered. Commerce.

___*When positive, the degree is a special genius for philanthropy and the organization of society's real concern for the well-being of men in general, and when negative, social exclusiveness and smug self-satisfaction.

South Node:

155__(5°)
IRISHMAN DREAMS OF"LITTLE PEOPLE" BENEATH A TREE Constructive imagination as it reveals unconscious realms of being. Creative fantasy. Contact with inner life-energies.

___*When positive, the degree is subtle persuasiveness by which real support is gained for any given end, and when negative, lack of all appreciation for enduring realities.

Chiron:

92__(2°)
A MAN ON A MAGIC CARPET OBSERVES VAST VISTAS BELOW HIM Broadening of perspective. Supremacy of intelligence over circumstances. Conscientiousness. Objective self-control.

___*When positive, the degree is an exceptional spread of comprehension and a continual self-orientation of understanding, and when negative, a flighty transcendence or an impatience with all immediate or down-to-earth considerations.

Aquarian Maverick

P.S. I also have the Sabian degrees for some other asteroids/cosmic bodies that I didn't post here for knowledge that this list is already far too long...however, I have them tucked away for reference and will consult the entire list to check for "hits" :wink:

Elianah

Here's my line up of Sabian Symbols, starting with my ASC:

249__(ASC Sagittarius 9°)
A MOTHER IS LEADING HER CHILDREN UP A BROAD STAIRWAY Conscious advance of selfhood from plane to plane. Real courage in all approach to life. Inner guidance in all growth.
___*When positive, the degree is effective response to every personal challenge in everyday affairs, and when negative, immature act and reaction.

257__(Moon Sagittarius 17°)
PEOPLE GATHER BEFORE DAWN FOR AN OUTDOOR EASTER SERVICE Spiritual living in conformity to natural law. Coming out of doubt and despair. Unwavering faith in a near higher power.
___*When positive, the degree is an unusual realization of immortal resources and an ability to employ them wisely, and when negative, overconcern with superficial form and ceremony.

260__(Saturn Sagittarius 20°)
MEN CUTTING THE ICE OF A FROZEN POND, FOR SUMMER USE Depth of operation necessary to prepare for next phase of life. Sacrifice of present to future. Thoroughness of action.
___*When positive, the degree is exceptional capacity for overcoming obstacles and capitalizing on every possible eventuality, and when negative, lack of perspective and wholly unnecessary acceptance of hardship.

322__(Chiron Aquarius 22°)
CHILDREN REVEL UPON A SOFT NEW CARPET IN THEIR NURSERY Life's warmth and richness given to those who eagerly learn to live. Luxurious self-knowing, or self-appreciation. Comfort.
___*When positive, the degree is unusual capacity for the exploitation of immediate resources and the deepening of every potential of selfhood, and when negative, carefree self-indulgence and meaningless luxury.

358__(IC Pisces 28°)
UNDER THE FULL MOON THE FIELDS SEEM STRANGELY ALIVE Normally unnoticed powers released at the fruition of natural processes. Call of universal mind to the heart. Fullness.
___*When positive, the degree is high reward
in worldly goods and exceptional self-integrity in using them, and when negative, irritating pride of possessions.

27__(South Node Aries 27°)
THROUGH IMAGINATION, A LOST OPPORTUNITY IS REGAINED Beginning of mental maturity and slow growth of the creative faculty. Revision of attitude. Mental house-cleaning.
___*When positive, the degree is the self's effective command of itself in any situation brought to immediate issue, and when negative, self-pity as a retreat from reality.

34__(Mars Taurus 4°)
THE RAINBOW'S POT OF GOLD GLOWS AMIDST THE SPARKLING RAIN Unlimited resources. Overflowing sense of power. Prodigality of spiritual love showered upon seekers for the highest.
___*When positive, the degree is an inner assurance which enables man to hold steady in every course of his choosing, and when negative, a loss of all opportunity through futile expectation and an unintelligent wandering off in the quests of pure fancy.

69__(DSC Gemini 9°)
A MEDIEVAL ARCHER, WITH BOW AND ARROWS, READY TO FIGHT Superiority and ease based upon training. Sure marksmanship. Certain self-direction. Preparedness. Invisible help in trouble.
___*When positive, the degree is unlimited personal capacity for rising to the issue of the moment on any level of experience, and when negative, querulous overconfidence and quixotic notions.

96__(Venus Cancer 6°)
INNUMERABLE BIRDS ARE BUSY FEATHERING THEIR NESTS Instinctive preparation for mature and full expression of the self. Subconscious planning or dreaming of idle dreams.
___*When positive, the degree is high intelligence and skill in enlisting the potentials of experience for the service of self, and when negative, unnecessary concern over everyday security.

124__(Sun Leo 4°)
ELDERLY MAN GAZES AT MOOSE HEAD ON CLUBROOM'S WALL Self-development through the culture of masculine activities. Subservience of individual to social pattern of behaviour. Taste.
___*When positive, the degree is exceptional capacity for winning and holding the esteem of men, and when negative, dependence on applause and a playing to the gallery to get it.

132__(Uranus Leo12°)
A GARDEN PARTY IS IN FULL SWING UNDER JAPANESE LANTERNS Easy intercourse of human souls in moments of relaxation from strain. Examination of, or self-loss in social values.
___*When positive, the degree is a genuine social maturity and a effective capacity for working with others, and when negative, a lack of all appreciation for the underlying reality of life itself.

151__(Mercury Virgo 1°)
IN A PORTRAIT THE BEST OF A MAN'S TRAITS ARE IDEALIZED The shaping power of idea or ideal over outer form and behaviour. Completeness of realization. Pure aggrandizement. Intent.
___*When positive, the degree is an effective self-assurance and an ever-clear vision of each emerging opportunity in life, and when negative, inordinate vanity and a consistent overestimation of individual capacities.

152__(Pluto Virgo 2°)
A LARGE WHITE CROSS STANDS ALONE ON TOP OF A HIGH HILL Dominance of environment through individualistic self-realization. Eminence at the cost of struggle. Full self-assurance.
___*When positive, the degree is an utterly selfless enlistment in some dramatic service for the ultimate welfare of humankind, and when negative, witless dogmatism and misdirected efforts for causes of great pretension but little real worth.

178__(MC Virgo 28°)
BALD-HEADED MAN DOMINATES GATHERING OF NATIONAL FIGURES Driving power of real personality in moments of crisis. Capacity for hard work. Compelling manifestation of inner self.
___*When positive, the degree is accomplishment through a completeness of self-mastery and a rigid control of others, and when negative, a sadistic sophistication.

204__(Jupiter Libra 24°)
A BUTTERFLY SPREADS ITS WINGS, SHOWING AN EXTRA LEFT ONE Potentiality of new forms and opportunities in every life. Instinctive expansion of self; or submergence in the not-self.
___*When positive, the degree is an idealistic originality and a high facility in quick analysis, and when negative, an interest in the worthless or an obsession with the improbable and ridiculous.

207__(North Node Libra 27°)
A SPOT OF LIGHT IN CLEAR SKIES,AN AEROPLANE SAILS CALMLY Dwelling above the normal stress of existence. Superior mental vision. Calm objective observation; quiet inner strength.
___*When positive, the degree is high effectiveness in self-adjustment or real skill in meeting the crises of life, and when negative, complete inability to get down into immediate realities.

213__(Neptune Scorpio 3°)
HAPPY HOUSE-RAISING PARTY AMONG WESTERN PIONEERS The constructive sharing of experience which builds social values. Interchange of efforts. Necessity to learn cooperation.
___*When positive, the degree is an exceptional power of accomplishment through a consistent success in winning the good will and enlisting the services of others, and when negative, a complete inability to fit into any pattern of shared relationships.

Arian Maverick

Do we have any other contributers? It would be nice to have lots and lots of lists here for comparison...

You really don't have an excuse not to, at least not since Radu created his incredibly useful and easy-to-use Sabian Symbols & Astrology tool. Just enter in your natal information and *poof*...you receive a list ready to copy and paste into the forums!

I bet even Radu's monkey could do it, if we trained it properly...the glasses make it look unusually intelligent, no? :mrgreen:

Aquarian Maverick

Kite

Thanks AM - I didn't see the handy dandy tool. Radu - you're too much.

Sabian Symbol for the Sun:
IN WINTER PEOPLE CUTTING ICE FROM A FROZEN POND, FOR SUMMER USE. (20º Sagittarius)

Sabian Symbol for the Moon:
A TRIANGLE WITH WINGS. (5º Aries)

Sabian Symbol for Mercury:
TEN LOGS LIE UNDER AN ARCHWAY LEADING TO DARKER WOODS. (6º Capricorn)

Sabian Symbol for Venus:
OBEYING HIS CONSCIENCE, A SOLDIER RESISTS ORDERS. (21º Scorpio)

Sabian Symbol for Mars:
A CAMEO PROFILE OF A MAN IN THE OUTLINE OF HIS COUNTRY. (3º Aries)

Sabian Symbol for Jupiter:
HAVING AN URGENT TASK TO COMPLETE, A MAN DOESN'T LOOK TO ANY DISTRACTIONS. (30º Virgo)

Sabian Symbol for Saturn:
DEEP WITHIN THE DEPTHS OF THE EARTH, NEW ELEMENTS ARE BEING FORMED. (8º Sagittarius)

Sabian Symbol for Uranus:
THE CONSTELLATIONS OF STARS IN THE SKY. (7º Leo)

Sabian Symbol for Neptune:
A BROKEN BOTTLE AND SPILLED PERFUME. (2º Scorpio)

Sabian Symbol for Pluto:
IN A PORTRAIT THE BEST OF A MAN'S FEATURES AND TRAITS ARE IDEALIZED. (1º Virgo)

Sabian Symbol for the North Node:
AN INDIAN WOMAN PLEADING TO THE CHIEF FOR THE LIVES OF HER CHILDREN. (29º Scorpio)

Sabian Symbol for the South Node:
TWO COBBLERS WORKING AT A TABLE. (29º Taurus)

Sabian Symbol for the Ascendant:
TWO LOVEBIRDS SITTING ON A FENCE AND SINGING HAPPILY. (15º Aquarius)

Sabian Symbol for the Midheaven:
RETIRED ARMY VETERANS GATHER TO REAWAKEN OLD MEMORIES. (1º Sagittarius)