astrology enthusiast, hesitant forum poster

symmy

:alien:

Hello, My name is Sym!

I'm a 21 year old musician/artist/student from Canada who has been casually studying astrology for four years. I always turn to astrology when I am in times of transition and crisis, as I find reflecting on the stars and their symbols remind me of the love I have for this universe, my life and my loved ones. I have a virgo stellium (sun/moon/mercury/venus/chiron) in the 7th house, with a rising aquarius... if that can tell you anything about me.... haha:innocent:.

I feel often very secretive or protective of my study and feelings about astrology with those I surround myself with in my life, and have decided that now is a wonderful time to join a community of those who find clarity and understanding from the same place I do.

I write electronic music, and study psychology mostly. I'm in a few bands and am pretty active in an arts scene in my hometown. Lately I've been feeling a significant spiritual rift in my relationship with myself, due to the fact that I am struggling with an alcohol addiction and have lost the creative strive that has really built me up over the past few years. I've significantly cut down my drinking and started feeling creative again over the past month, but still feel that there is a lot of inner work to be done in my life that can be worked through with greater study of the symbology and greater implications of western astrology.

I'm by no means an expert, I would say I have not a basic or rudimentary understanding of reading charts, and I am not familiar at all with vedic/jyotish astrology nor synastry, and aspects are still something I am learning... but I feel that every time I deepen my understanding of astrology, I feel closer to my destiny and purpose in this life. That's enough to reach out to a community for me! I'm particularly interested in the jungian side of astrology, and how the symbols of the collective unconscious manifest from past lives into the present.

I'm hoping to learn from you and discuss with you and give insight when I can. I'm also very interested in having personal 1on1 conversations, as those are ones where I really excell the most. I'll talk about anything and love to listen and discuss with people. I'll probably post my chart on another thread soon, just because I've never gotten a second opinion other than my own on it and am very open to other interpretations.

Have a great evening :)