Will we have a romantic relationship in the future?

ladyanachronism

Hi there. :)
(About the chart... It's funny, because when I initially made the chart, the degrees for both the ascendant and the seventh house were 26.37, but now they are 27.12. I'm not quite sure what's happened there.... :S)

There is nothing really to it. I haven't had a relationship for a long time, and feel ready to have one again. I am very attracted to him based on initial looks, intelligence and interests. However, he is no more an an acquaintance I see at college everyday- we speak rarely.

I have heard that if the sun is in the ascendant (which it is) that this question is of extreme importance, but I don't know if that is true or not. Also, I see from the report that The ascendant and 7th house (which represents him) are complete opposites. It says to me that he isn't interested in any relationship right now, and preferring freedom, as that is what Aquarius represents.

I'm really sorry, but apart from that, I'm pretty confused. Am I way off? Could somebody tell me their thoughts?
Thanks.

Last edited:

starlink

Hello Lady, first of all, welcome to this forum. I see this is your first post. Have you studied horary before, (or at least a bit?). We have an Education Board which has an article on how to interprete a Horary chart. Have a look, you can get good info there, as well as several good links for studying.

In your chart, you must look if you and him will get together. It is as easy as that. You dont look at anything else except at the Sun, who is the ruler of the Ascendant (you) and the Moon, who is the co-ruler of the Ascendant (also you if the Sun is badly placed or does not make an aspect to the quisited's planet)-

He is Saturn (not Uranus. the modern planets are not used as significators in traditional horary astrology).

So you must see if Sun (the faster of the two) will make an ingoing good (trine, conjunction or sextile) to Saturn. And if this is not the case, then look if the Moon maybe makes an ingoing aspect with that Saturn.

but before anything else there are rules you have to observe even before you start interpreting the chart. One of them (you can read about the others in the links and tutoring ) is, that when the Ascendant is in the last 3° of the sign, then it is too late or you know already what the answer is, or, you cannot do anything to change the situation.
If the Asc. falls in the first 3° of the sign, then it is still too early to interprete the chart because you will need more info, or you will get more info.

In this chart, the Asc. is too late. You probably already know the answer to your own question, subconsciously.

Both Sun and Moon are in signs which are not compatible with the sign Saturn is in. So they will never be able to make a trine or a sextile with that Saturn. On the basis of that alone, the answer is a NO.

There is no translation of light (another thing you will have to learn about) and no Mutual Reception between them. The only thing here is that Sun (you) is placed in Saturn's sign (Aquarius, ruled by Saturn), so that shows, your liking of him.

He is in your 1st house, but Venus, traditional ruler of relationships is going to oppose Saturn and Venus is also placed in the malific 8th house.

All in all, I dont see this resulting in a relationship I'm afraid.

Please do look up the Horary information. You will be able to interprete your next horary question much better, even if it wont be perfect yet. It will take a long time before you get the feeling but dont give up!

Cheers, Starlink

ladyanachronism

Hi! :)
Yes, I have had a look at Horary before, but not a whole lot. What I've looked at has pretty much made me even more confused! :D I think I just tried to read far too much into the chart, looking at the other details.

I've just realized that if he is Saturn (and not Uranus, as I originally thought) which is in the 7th house, then doesn't this mean that the question is invalid?

Also this is not relating to the question I asked (because it's a pretty obvious no! :D) but if a question was invalid because of Saturn being in the 7th house, would this mean I could ask it again at a different time? Because at the time the question was asked, the judgment was invalid?

Thank you very much for the help, this makes a lot more sense now. :)

starlink

I've just realized that if he is Saturn (and not Uranus, as I originally thought) which is in the 7th house, then doesn't this mean that the question is invalid?

No, not in this case when the Quisited is signified by Saturn or, when you should be the one signified by Saturn. When Saturn is none of that, yes, then it shows a warning to be careful with the interpretation.

Asking the same question is usually only "permitted" after a period of at least 3 (some even extend it to 6) month, because that is the timestrech for which the current horary is valid.

Should you want to ask about a totally different aspect on this former question, then I suppose it is OK. Problem is of coure, that in the back of your head, the question could still be the same. These "back of the head" questions are the most important one's to look for when you ask a question. Some people sort of try to get around this by asking something different, but all the same with another, deeper, question firm in their minds. (like asking: will we go to the same party, but in reality wanting to know : will we fall in love).

Horary does not have to be confusing if you just take it step for step and eliminate all other factors. Just concentrate on the Asc. and the Moon who are always the querent (unless of course the Quisited is represented by the Moon, then only use the Asc. ruler) and the ruler of what you want or ask about. Learn some rules of how to judge if a chart is "radical" (without problems like a Saturn in 7 or 10, as well as in the 1st) and you will be surprised how far you get. You can learn in chunks. Everytime a few other things adding to it. You also learn heaps from reading answers (especially the one's Archergirl gives, she is very good at this) to other questions.
Dont give up, it took me a very long time and I still have questions and dont know half (or even less than that) of what I should know. I am still daily going through texts and the books I have about horary and every day I find another thing. So dont get desillusioned.

Cheers, Starlink

ladyanachronism

No, not in this case when the Quisited is signified by Saturn or, when you should be the one signified by Saturn. When Saturn is none of that, yes, then it shows a warning to be careful with the interpretation.
Ah, I see! Thank you for explaining. :)

Should you want to ask about a totally different aspect on this former question, then I suppose it is OK.
No, sorry I didn't phrase that well. What I meant was that theoretically, if I asked a totally different question (that did not relate to the 7th house) and Saturn was IN the 7th house, therefore the influence of this would corrupt the judgment to the astrologer, right? Well, could this question be asked again at a later date, when judgment is clearer? (i.e. at a time when Saturn is not in the 7th house?) Or would I have to wait the 3 month period?

Horary does not have to be confusing if you just take it step for step and eliminate all other factors. Just concentrate on the Asc. and the Moon who are always the querent (unless of course the Quisited is represented by the Moon, then only use the Asc. ruler) and the ruler of what you want or ask about.
Right, I see, thanks again.
I was looking at a chart generator that showed the current time of the planets, and it happened to be at a time when the sun was in Aquarius, but Leo was in the 5th house.
Now what I don't understand is that if you are represented by the sun, then how can the 5th house ALSO be represented by the Sun, which is the planet of Leo? Or would you be represented by Saturn, the house of Aquarius? Because I then went and had a look at Saturn, and it was floating around in Pisces..... this confused me further.
Finally, when looking at the chart, should I be looking at the signs or the planets?
Sorry for all the questions! I think I'm done now.
If you decide to answer again, thank you very much. :)

Last edited:

starlink

Hi again! To answer your first question:

Well, could this question be asked again at a later date, when judgment is clearer? (i.e. at a time when Saturn is not in the 7th house?) Or would I have to wait the 3 month period?

The idea in Horary astrology is not to wait for a better time and then ask your question. A good answer depends totally on a question made at a time when it urgently jumps up in your head. That's why you should always be very sure about what you want to ask and you can turn it over in your head for a couple of days until at a certain point "bingo" you know exactly how to ask it and what exactly you want to ask. Best of all is the very spontaneous and at the same time quite urgent moment. Looking for a better time with the help of a chart generator is not how this works or should be done.

and it happened to be at a time when the sun was in Aquarius, but Leo was in the 5th house.
Now what I don't understand is that if you are represented by the sun, then how can the 5th house ALSO be represented by the Sun, which is the planet of Leo? Or would you be represented by Saturn, the house of Aquarius?

If the Ascendant falls in the sign of Leo, then you, the querent, are signified by the Sun. It is impossible that when the Ascendant is in Leo, that the 5th house is also in Leo. The 5th house symbolically only, is ruled by the Sun, but in a chart, the 5th house can be ruled by any other planet. It depends where the cusp of the 5th house falls, in which sign it falls. So if you have a cusp of the 5th house falling in Sagittarius, then Jupiter rules that 5th house, not the Sun.
Now in natal astrology, all planets in the 5th house will be ruled by the sign in that 5th house. The ruler of that 5th house will be in another house (and sign) usually. Sometimes it is also in the 5th house. This means that those planets have to perform or express their energies in another life department (house). But there will always be the 5th house (Leo) element attached to planets who are in the 5th house. That is the difference.

In horary it does not work like that. You only look at the house rulers for significators (lets say you ask a question about a child) than the 5th house ruler is the planet that signifies the child. Any planet in the 5th house can be looked at as co-significators (by some astrologers,not all do this) of that child. And then, if you want to see if that child is Ok or not so OK, then you look at the sign where this ruler of the 5th house is falling into.

So, if the 5th house is ruled by Jupiter and you find Jupiter in Capricorn (like it was a short while ago) then Jupiter is in fall, weak and the child is weak, or the romance is weak, or the music you want to perform is not so good.
But if Jupiter would fall in Sagittarius, then everything looks very very good, because Jupiter is in his own sign and dignified there. That is how it works in horary.

When you are signified by the Sun, then this Sun can be anywhere else in the chart, in any other house and in any other sign.

Each sign has a ruler, and sometimes one ruler rules two different signs like Mercury does. In horary, Mars rules both Scorpio and Aries, Jupiter rules both Pisces and Sagittarius and Saturn rules both Aquarius and Capricorn.

Last edited:

ladyanachronism

Thank you for your help so far. :) I had been struggling to grasp all of this... but I think I understand it better.
I have figured out the reason why I was got a different chart the second time around. Basically... I entered the wrong town. Very embarrassing yes, but I entered the city I was closest to rather than my actual town.
So I did the chart again. (I hope that this isn't a violation of the system.) The results are pretty much the same, with a few differences, so I'm going to have a crack at this again...
The fact that the sun remains in the house that represents him, and the sign in that house right now shows my interest in him...right?
However, Because it is only 1 degree into the house, it is far too soon to tell the result of the question.
However (just for the sake of practice) i can see that moon, who signifies the action in in the event is squaring with Saturn. A large and difficult change would need to be made for a positive result. In addition, Saturn is at opposites with Venus.
Finally, the Sun is at a semi-square with Venus. This conflict is not as strong as with Saturn but nevertheless, it is still there.
Okay....how was that?

Last edited:

starlink

That was great! You see, a bit of reading about horary and you are already so much more confident in what you are writing. Wait until you are doing this regularly for a month. You will hardly need us anymore:)!

One more thing, in horary there is also no use for minor aspects, so semi-sextiles and semi-squares are out! Forget about the semi-square from the Sun. There are some astrologers who only use semi whatever aspects when the aspects are totally exact. It draws attention to it and give a meaning therefore. Others say that the Moon is the only one who is alowed all sort of aspects. Anthony Louis uses the inconjunct as well at times. It means that something is out of balance and needs to be adjusted. But for the time being, just concentrate on the usual major aspects. Try to keep horary as simple as possible and you can get already great results.
You said:
i
can see that moon, who signifies the action in in the event is squaring with Saturn.

Yes, always look at the last aspect the Moon will make before she leaves the sign she is in. In this case it is a square to Saturn and this shows a no no or a very great bump on the road to success in general but here also because Moon is co-representing you and forms this square with the 7th house ruler.

Cheers, Starlink