Astrology beginner!

007sgivx

Hey! I'm new to natal charts so I could use some help trying to interpret mine plus I had a few questions about my chart.

-my dominant houses/planets?
-Do I have any fame/wealth potential in my chart?
-my goal is to become an international fashion designer, do I have any aspects that support this?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 27

007sgivx

Idk which one would be useful, the wheel or just the general houses w/ aspects, so I posted both.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 28

Larxene

Note that I am a novice in Hellenistic Astrology. Take my advice with a grain of salt.

Regarding the career question, well, if we follow Claudius Ptolemy's method,
"The lord of action is apprehended by two methods, from the sun and from the culminating sign. For it will be needful to look both for the planet that has made its morning appearance closest to the sun, and that which is at mid-heaven, particularly when it occupies the application of the moon; and if the same star occupies both the aforesaid positions, this alone must be employed, and similarly if none occupies one of these places, we must use only the one which occupies the other of the places.

And if one planet has made the nearest morning appearance and another is associated with the mid-heaven, and with the moon, we must employ them both, giving preference to the one which by reason of its strength has the greater number of claims to domination according to the scheme which we have already set forth.

But if not one is found which either has made an appearance or is at mid-heaven, we must take the lord of the latter region, with reference however to the occasional pursuits of the subject, for persons with such genitures are for the most part inactive.

Thus, then, we shall determine the planet that governs action. The quality of the action, however, is to be discerned from the character of the three planets, Mars, Venus, and Mercury, and from that of the signs through which they happen to be passing."

[Tetrabiblos, Book IV, Of the Quality of Action]
Basically he is saying to look for a planet(s) that is either going through a heliacal phase (either rising or setting) or is in the sign where the midheaven lies, which is usually the 10th sign. But it cannot be any planet, it has to be either Mars, Venus or Mercury.

In your chart, I can't determine exactly which planet is undergoing a heliacal phase, but I can guess that Mercury is heliacally setting (he becomes invisible within 7 days after your birth due to being close to the Sun). None of the three planets are in the midheaven's sign (Capricorn).

Tentatively, I would choose Mercury as Lord of Action, the problem is that it is cadent by Porphyry house division, that lowers his fitness or strength.

Julius Firmicus Firmicus also mentions a similar method of choosing between Mars, Venus and Mercury for occupation, but his method is different from Ptolemy. According to him, we should see whether any of these planets are in the MC. If none, look for them in the other angles, and if none either, look at the 2nd and 6th houses.

Using this method, both Mercury and Venus are potential candidates, as they are in the 4th house and 6th house respectively (by Whole Sign houses). Venus is in her own terms (Maternus's table of terms) but in fall, and she is of the sect, although in the 6th sign. Mercury has no dignities, is contrary to the sect, and is in a semi-favourable 4th sign. I'd say that Venus is a better candidate here.

Using the first method, Mercury would signify occupation, while by the second method, in my opinion, I would elect Venus to signify occupation. Mercury signifies scholars, business people, those that deal with numbers and rational patterns, gamers but sometimes also athletes. Venus signifies those occupations related to pleasure and delight, like acting, painting, singing, dancing, but also selling jewellery and makeups, etc. Fashion designing falls under Venus.

Without looking deeper, I would say that being a fashion designer might work for you. Do you find studying uninteresting?

kimbermoon

Given your stellium in the 10th, in trine to Venus in the 5th I would definitely say you have the talent to make it in the fashion world. Capricorn at the MC=the corporate world. Jupiter in 7th=expansion/luck in relationships, and in social circles; nice trine with Saturn. Grand Trine Mercury/Saturn/Jupiter. The t-square aspects need to be attended to, but certainly they can give you that extra push to succeed. Monetary matters could be somewhat troublesome; Mars/2nd at the mid-point of the Saturn/Venus opposition. Also potential troubles with Mercury's oppositional aspects as well, so you need to be attentive in communications with others.
Fire Rising gives you the ardency to go after your dreams; Moon gives you stability and reliability, Sun gives you the instinct for design. What might your specialty be?

007sgivx

Given your stellium in the 10th, in trine to Venus in the 5th I would definitely say you have the talent to make it in the fashion world. Capricorn at the MC=the corporate world. Jupiter in 7th=expansion/luck in relationships, and in social circles; nice trine with Saturn. Grand Trine Mercury/Saturn/Jupiter. The t-square aspects need to be attended to, but certainly they can give you that extra push to succeed. Monetary matters could be somewhat troublesome; Mars/2nd at the mid-point of the Saturn/Venus opposition. Also potential troubles with Mercury's oppositional aspects as well, so you need to be attentive in communications with others.
Fire Rising gives you the ardency to go after your dreams; Moon gives you stability and reliability, Sun gives you the instinct for design. What might your specialty be?

Interesting! I also read my venus/jupiter aspects to the MC are good as well as my mercury sextile venus. Would those count? As far as a specialty, haute couture, but ready-to-wear also. My goal is to create my own empire (e.x Valentino, Ralph Lauren) so I'd have to have business/corporate world experience with the artistic ability. I'm glad I have aspects supporting my dream but I'm concerned about the t-square's and the monetary matters?

Zarathu

Account Closed
Hey! I'm new to natal charts so I could use some help trying to interpret mine plus I had a few questions about my chart.

-my dominant houses/planets?
-Do I have any fame/wealth potential in my chart?
-my goal is to become an international fashion designer, do I have any aspects that support this?

Thanks for your help!

IMO, the first thing you need to do in any chart is be able set priorities. If you PM me the complete birth data, and also PM me an email address, I will send you an astrodyne jpg of the power and friction level of all your planets, houses, signs, and aspects. To learn more about what astrodynes are pleas go to my website in my signature listed below, and scroll down on the left toe COSMODYNES/ASTRODYNES. I use the term friction for what the picture calls positive and negative harmony. High friction is a high negative number. Low friction is a high positive number. Neutral friction is near zero on the positive side.

BTW, this is offered out of the goodness of my heart and comes from one of the two astrological programs I use(both have it). Its not a start for asking you to payment money for something further.

Zarathu

kimbermoon

some additional thoughts. Yes that elusive t-square! An aspect of high polarization and contradiction between two energies, intersected by a third planet at the midpoint. In such cases, the opposing midpoint becomes significant in the resolution of the opposition. For you that pivotal point would be at 12 Sagittarius, governing your 9th H; higher education combined with higher 'vision' and consciousness. Mars in Gemini can be too reckless, and diversified, so that Mars [action, desire] can often miss the mark. The deal there is to make sure you are focused on the true purpose and nature of your goal, rather than being in it only for the money. Afflicted Mars in the 2nd H can be a spendthrift though, so your 10th house Capricorn demands conservation, proper management and integrity in the use of your resources. This might be highlighting the spirit of 'Paying it forward' for you as well. The more you give out to the world, the more you get back. Your heartfelt desire is to communicate and share ideas with others. Since Mars rules your persona, you might encounter challenges if you project a competitive edge and always wanting to be at the top, rather than spreading the wealth around. to understand these things you really have to have a clear concept about your chart as a whole. Good luck!

007sgivx

some additional thoughts. Yes that elusive t-square! An aspect of high polarization and contradiction between two energies, intersected by a third planet at the midpoint. In such cases, the opposing midpoint becomes significant in the resolution of the opposition. For you that pivotal point would be at 12 Sagittarius, governing your 9th H; higher education combined with higher 'vision' and consciousness. Mars in Gemini can be too reckless, and diversified, so that Mars [action, desire] can often miss the mark. The deal there is to make sure you are focused on the true purpose and nature of your goal, rather than being in it only for the money. Afflicted Mars in the 2nd H can be a spendthrift though, so your 10th house Capricorn demands conservation, proper management and integrity in the use of your resources. This might be highlighting the spirit of 'Paying it forward' for you as well. The more you give out to the world, the more you get back. Your heartfelt desire is to communicate and share ideas with others. Since Mars rules your persona, you might encounter challenges if you project a competitive edge and always wanting to be at the top, rather than spreading the wealth around. to understand these things you really have to have a clear concept about your chart as a whole. Good luck!

With me wanting to share ideas with the mass, do I have any fame/recognition aspects?
- many people I know say that I have a lot of Leo traits/characteristics, but I barely have any Leo in my chart, other than my 5th house being in Leo, so what could be causing them to say that?

kimbermoon

I would say that it is because your Sun is on the cusp of Leo, at a transitional degree of 29 Cancer...the year after birth, the Sun would have moved into Leo, as it progressed through that sign for the next 30 years of life. My Sun was at the 1st degree of Cancer at birth, and for the first 30 years I was under that influence, until it moved into Leo...it is about the progressions in the chart. I would say that with Venus trine your 10th H energies, there is a potential for recognition, if not fame.

Libragirl1013

IMO, the first thing you need to do in any chart is be able set priorities. If you PM me the complete birth data, and also PM me an email address, I will send you an astrodyne jpg of the power and friction level of all your planets, houses, signs, and aspects. To learn more about what astrodynes are pleas go to my website in my signature listed below, and scroll down on the left toe COSMODYNES/ASTRODYNES. I use the term friction for what the picture calls positive and negative harmony. High friction is a high negative number. Low friction is a high positive number. Neutral friction is near zero on the positive side.

BTW, this is offered out of the goodness of my heart and comes from one of the two astrological programs I use(both have it). Its not a start for asking you to payment money for something further.

Zarathu
Would you able to read my chart my date of birth is 10131983 930 pm