Mercury turning retrograde by Progression and other planets as well

starlink

Hello dear friends,

We do hear a lot about Mercury going retrograde and all the lightbulbs popping and computers crashing and all sorts of mishaps in traffic and communication, but what about if your Mercury is direct in your birthchart, but turns Retrograde at some point in your life.

And not only Mercury of course. What about the ruler of your Ascendant (except of course for those who are ruled by Moon and Sun). I suspect that significant changes in your way of expressing those energies must somehow take place.

I know that when a child is born with a retrograde Mercury, then sometimes there are learning problems in school which improve drastically when the progressed Mercury turns direct years later. I dont say this is so with everybody, but I have seen it quite a few times in young children.

Now what about the reverse. You are born with a direct Mercury and it turns retrograde lateron in life. What consequences will this have on your intellect and your communication talents. Some of us never experience this but some will, like myself.

My Mercury turned retrograde 4 years ago and will remain retrograde until the end of my life most probably, unless I survive the next 24 years. But by then I will probably already be too old to really use my brain like in younger years and the change will not be so noticable:p

My experience has been that I turned inward much more. I became far more A-social, liking my own presence better than to be with others, being more involved in study and reading and because my Mercury rules my 8th, I also started to think more about life and death and have become much more dedicated to Astrology and also other forms of occult arts like Numerology and Tarot. I dont know if my forgetfulness is due to this retrogradation or that it is just something that happens when we get older.

And how about other planets in our charts? At 45 my Jupiter, retrograde by birth, has turned Direct! It rules my 2nd house. My selfconfidence at that time became stronger and showed itself more outwardly. My financial status did not change immediately ,but about 7 years later I divorced and became independent financially and still am, even though I am living together. We keep our finances separate.

So my question is, has anyone of you experience this sort of change by progression and how did it affect you? I think it is important to look at retrograde as well as direct planets in your chart and see if they will change in the course of your life.

Starlink

natasa812

I was born with Mercury r, never had any learning problems, always being best in class and having best marks (in 2 schools at the same time - in the morning the ordinary school and in the afternoon learnin piano in music school). In the evening, having, as many others on this forum - like Archergirl - my Mars in first and intercepted and in Pisces, I was training myself on karate and lately aikido. Also, in between (whenever it was), learning 2 foreign languages. My Mercury is direct now but I dont see any diference. Still working very quickly, translating simultaneously, many times under pressure, and I am still fine and the result is good.
I was also born with Saturn retro, at the moment in progressed chart in conj. with (also) retro Saturn, my natal Pluto is r at the moment and was last year (I dont know whan Pluto turned r) - my devorce (the final decision) was issued at the time and me, generaly, having the most depressive year of my life. Nothing helped - I stoped all my Mars activities (many of them indeed), all the unnecessary mental Mercury activities (many of them too), all of my hobies (like writting a dictionary - why am I writting a dictionary - because, you can not find any good scientific terminology dictionary in the market in this country, so I just decided to write one - we are speaking of that kind of enthusiasm and energy). Everything stoped. I was doing only the most necessary. First, I dont want this lack of energy any more, dont feeling myself much, second, I dont know if this affects me only (I mean personaly) or is the indicator of some events in my life (like the devorce document or a change on personal level). For the first time I had only ``black`` thouths which I dont want to discuss since this is a public forum. (Pluto at the moment, in my progressed) is at the exactly same degree when it was at the time I was born). Whan will this stop? And, if someone can put a link to find more information about planets r in natal. Thank you.
By the way, my natal Pluto is in 7th, trines r Saturn in 3rd. Also have moon in 7th and Uranus - in conj. with progresive Uranus at the moment with 1 degree diference.

Dear Starlink, still dont have much time to translate those articles about degrees but I did not forget my promise.
Natasa

Last edited:

natasa812

Well, I read some articles about Mercury r, and now, I was thinking (one of the characteristics is that the decisions of Mer. r people comes ``later`` - after thinking) that I am actualy only ``transfering`` other peoples words and thouths by translating. About my own words and thouths - I was very shy as a child and oftenly misunderstud. But, i was writting for children competitions in writing also wining many awards...
Natasa