Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 12-28-2017, 07:41 PM
annalubov annalubov is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 151
how do others see me? intimidating or scary?

can someone give me insight on how do others see me when they first meet me? Seems like everyone are staying away from me, even thought i try to be friendly. My BFF however makes everyone like her at first meeting, for example if both of us show up somewhere: (her) everyone is trying to be friendly and making conversations etc., however for me, they would just say hello, and literally point they eyes down and walk away and from there nothing...


Last edited by annalubov; 01-03-2018 at 11:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 12-28-2017, 08:36 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 5,547
Re: how do others see me? intimidating or scary?

You may be perceived as more matter-of-fact or business-like, with Saturn ruled Capricorn rising. But I see difficulty you describe and more connected with how you regard or hold yourself. And that this degree of unease is connected with the condition of your Moon and Jupiter.

Moon is in what is called the sign of its detriment, and Jupiter is in the sign of its fall. These two planets that have to do with the affect we present to others, and in this instance these two planets are a bit unable to act as they would naturally since they are in detriment and fall. With Moon in Cap you may be unable to express your feelings as you might like. With Jup in Cap you may not be able to connect as easily as you might like with your expansive side. And this unease that you experience connected with the condition of your Moon and Jupiter is picked up by those who see you.

So, no, I do not see you as intimidating or scary, but more I see you as not at ease with yourself. And then that does not invite others toward you as easily.

But this is not a permanent state because as you become more at ease with yourself, being forgiving and kind to yourself, this will soften, and others will feel more at ease with you as well. So be sure to practice kindness toward yourself as a first step!

I am wishing you the best,
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 12-28-2017, 08:42 PM
annalubov annalubov is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 151
Re: how do others see me? intimidating or scary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
You may be perceived as more matter-of-fact or business-like, with Saturn ruled Capricorn rising. But I see difficulty you describe and more connected with how you regard or hold yourself. And that this degree of unease is connected with the condition of your Moon and Jupiter.

Moon is in what is called the sign of its detriment, and Jupiter is in the sign of its fall. These two planets that have to do with the affect we present to others, and in this instance these two planets are a bit unable to act as they would naturally since they are in detriment and fall. With Moon in Cap you may be unable to express your feelings as you might like. With Jup in Cap you may not be able to connect as easily as you might like with your expansive side. And this unease that you experience connected with the condition of your Moon and Jupiter is picked up by those who see you.

So, no, I do not see you as intimidating or scary, but more I see you as not at ease with yourself. And then that does not invite others toward you as easily.

But this is not a permanent state because as you become more at ease with yourself, being forgiving and kind to yourself, this will soften, and others will feel more at ease with you as well. So be sure to practice kindness toward yourself as a first step!

I am wishing you the best,
thanks for the input, also would sun/mercury in 8th house and stellium in scorpio would also add the intensity?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 12-28-2017, 08:52 PM
Chrysalis's Avatar
Chrysalis Chrysalis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Do not disturb
Posts: 7,083
Re: how do others see me? intimidating or scary?

I don't even know my asc yet as i still don't have a birthtime, but the more i learn about Astrology the more im inclined to think my asc is also Capricorn the same as yours as i have the same problem.

NOBODY approaches me, the same as you if im with a friend, my friend will be talking to someone and i'll get a quick glance and then ignored like i dnt even exist. Now as im so used to this happening, if im out with a friend and shes talking to someone else shes bumped into, ill make an excuse to leave as i feel uncomfortable just standing there being ignored.

Ive many of times had past friends say to me that when they first saw me out and about they thought i looked like a b7tch, and stuck up...but they also said that once they did get talking to me (which was always because of a mutual friend situation) that only THEN did they realize that i was an okay person and funny, kind, helpful, loyal etc. And out of the friends that said this to me, two of them ended up really close friends for years.

Exact words from one..."i used to see you walking up and down **** street with your hair to the side and your velour tracksuit on strutting around, you looked like a right stuck up b7tch lol....but yes as soon as we started talking and that i was shocked, as your safe, your just like one of us".

So sure im a cap rising
__________________
Y@ur 3ner9y intr@duc3s 7ou B3fore y@u even sp3@k
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 12-28-2017, 09:19 PM
annalubov annalubov is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 151
Re: how do others see me? intimidating or scary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I don't even know my asc yet as i still don't have a birthtime, but the more i learn about Astrology the more im inclined to think my asc is also Capricorn the same as yours as i have the same problem.

NOBODY approaches me, the same as you if im with a friend, my friend will be talking to someone and i'll get a quick glance and then ignored like i dnt even exist. Now as im so used to this happening, if im out with a friend and shes talking to someone else shes bumped into, ill make an excuse to leave as i feel uncomfortable just standing there being ignored.

Ive many of times had past friends say to me that when they first saw me out and about they thought i looked like a b7tch, and stuck up...but they also said that once they did get talking to me (which was always because of a mutual friend situation) that only THEN did they realize that i was an okay person and funny, kind, helpful, loyal etc. And out of the friends that said this to me, two of them ended up really close friends for years.

Exact words from one..."i used to see you walking up and down **** street with your hair to the side and your velour tracksuit on strutting around, you looked like a right stuck up b7tch lol....but yes as soon as we started talking and that i was shocked, as your safe, your just like one of us".

So sure im a cap rising
so true, def. what i feel, also when i get ignored by anyone, I get so angry and furious. Also, deep down I do enjoy feeling power...not sure if that makes sense. If i had two choices being a soft kind person OR someone who everyone fears, person of power, I would choose 2nd.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 12-28-2017, 09:58 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 5,547
Re: how do others see me? intimidating or scary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalubov View Post
thanks for the input, also would sun/mercury in 8th house and stellium in scorpio would also add the intensity?
You wrote: "at first meeting, <...> for me, they would just say hello, and literally point they eyes down and walk away..."

So you asked about people's impression/perception of you when you first meet with basically no other communication but to say hello. That would be largely the domain of the first, the rising sign and then the planets that are in that sign.
The other planets will come into play, but only after people get to know you a bit. And it is worth taking note: people aren't scared of planets in your 8th. Afterall, it's your 8th, not theirs. So it might really be you who may be intimidated or scared of Sun Merc domiciled in the 8th ?

PS I do think that Ascendant ruler Saturn in Scorp on the midheaven may amplify the seriousness with which others perceive you, which may not be particularly welcoming...
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012

Last edited by IleneK; 12-28-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 12-28-2017, 10:11 PM
Chrysalis's Avatar
Chrysalis Chrysalis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Do not disturb
Posts: 7,083
Re: how do others see me? intimidating or scary?

Is our asc changeable/workable ?

As like i said in my post to OP im 99% sure im a cap rising too, and i personally find it hard to change how im being perceived to be on first glance.

Its the first impressions people have of us that are off putting to them, they view cap risings as cold, unfriendly and unapproachable but deep down were not like that....well dependant on rest of chart.

So if we are so unapproachable and disliked by others from our asc first impressions, how can we show our true self without some other intervening on our behalf....is this even possible ?
__________________
Y@ur 3ner9y intr@duc3s 7ou B3fore y@u even sp3@k
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 12-28-2017, 10:13 PM
Chrysalis's Avatar
Chrysalis Chrysalis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Do not disturb
Posts: 7,083
Re: how do others see me? intimidating or scary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalubov View Post
so true, def. what i feel, also when i get ignored by anyone, I get so angry and furious. Also, deep down I do enjoy feeling power...not sure if that makes sense. If i had two choices being a soft kind person OR someone who everyone fears, person of power, I would choose 2nd.
Yes im with you on this one ...i wouldn't want to be perceived as too soft.

But then also on the other hand its hard to form new friendships because of this, so its like an opposition really.
__________________
Y@ur 3ner9y intr@duc3s 7ou B3fore y@u even sp3@k
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 12-29-2017, 05:07 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,819
Re: how do others see me? intimidating or scary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Is our asc changeable/workable ?

As like i said in my post to OP im 99% sure im a cap rising too, and i personally find it hard to change how im being perceived to be on first glance.

Its the first impressions people have of us that are off putting to them, they view cap risings as cold, unfriendly and unapproachable but deep down were not like that....well dependant on rest of chart.

So if we are so unapproachable and disliked by others from our asc first impressions, how can we show our true self without some other intervening on our behalf....is this even possible ?
I don't think unapproachable and disliked is how Cap rising universally comes across. I'm a Cap rising (solid, AA rated birth time), and most of my first meeting interactions with other people are friendly. Depending on the person and the circumstances, it may be brief but courteous, or it may be an instant connection, or it may be anything in between. Instant dislike, whether on my part or the other person's, is extremely rare.

One of the nicest people I know is also a Cap rising, and when I first met her, I didn't think she was cold, unfriendly, or unapproachable at all. Quite the opposite, in fact. She isn't the one who'll be instantly the life of the party when she walks into a room, but she is friendly and warm and good at connecting with people.

I think it depends on how you're manifesting your rising sign. Every sign has multiple archetypes. Capricorn can be very serious, authoritative, and/or private, but it also has a playful and prankish aspect to it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Chrysalis (12-31-2017)
  #10  
Unread 12-29-2017, 06:25 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,368
Re: how do others see me? intimidating or scary?

I don't think that Capricorn rising, on it's own, gives off a bad impression. I know some very social, successful, endearing Cap risings.

One Cap rising friend is a successful event planner. She is essentially a professional host. She has to be welcoming and friendly and embrace new acquaintances in order to grow her business. Her first impression upon others is very important. [She is a Taurus but has Cap rising with Saturn in Sag in her 12th.]

But the chart shown by the OP has her Moon in Cap squaring Pluto at top of the chart.

I think that might be more of an issue than just Cap rising. The Moon in Cap in the 1st might put forth a bit of a wall or a shield, that others feel, even if subconsciously?

When new acquaintances look down and walk away, they may be feeling uncomfortable for some unknown reason. I have seen that Moon/Pluto square in some cases, put others on edge or make them uncomfortable. They may feel that they are being judged or being sized up, as the Moon/Pluto can be very insightful and perceptive. So much so, that others sometimes feel it is invasive.

It is usually unconscious on the natives part. Moon/Pluto works on subconscious, deep level. You may be sizing people up, and not realize it yourself?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 12-29-2017, 01:33 PM
annalubov annalubov is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 151
Re: how do others see me? intimidating or scary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
I don't think that Capricorn rising, on it's own, gives off a bad impression. I know some very social, successful, endearing Cap risings.

One Cap rising friend is a successful event planner. She is essentially a professional host. She has to be welcoming and friendly and embrace new acquaintances in order to grow her business. Her first impression upon others is very important. [She is a Taurus but has Cap rising with Saturn in Sag in her 12th.]

But the chart shown by the OP has her Moon in Cap squaring Pluto at top of the chart.

I think that might be more of an issue than just Cap rising. The Moon in Cap in the 1st might put forth a bit of a wall or a shield, that others feel, even if subconsciously?

When new acquaintances look down and walk away, they may be feeling uncomfortable for some unknown reason. I have seen that Moon/Pluto square in some cases, put others on edge or make them uncomfortable. They may feel that they are being judged or being sized up, as the Moon/Pluto can be very insightful and perceptive. So much so, that others sometimes feel it is invasive.

It is usually unconscious on the natives part. Moon/Pluto works on subconscious, deep level. You may be sizing people up, and not realize it yourself?
I agree, my moon/pluto gives me quite a bit "problems", but sometimes it does feel good, especially at workplace. Having this sense of superiority and trying to be better at everything, crazy competitive but that is mostly at work around co workers/superiors. Not sure if Toro/Ascendant has to do with anything
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to annalubov For This Useful Post:
katydid (12-29-2017)
  #12  
Unread 12-29-2017, 01:35 PM
annalubov annalubov is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 151
Re: how do others see me? intimidating or scary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Yes im with you on this one ...i wouldn't want to be perceived as too soft.

But then also on the other hand its hard to form new friendships because of this, so its like an opposition really.
true, but yet we do not want to be around weak people. Do you feel that either you respect someone or don't, like there is no middle ground.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 12-31-2017, 05:57 PM
annalubov annalubov is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 151
Re: how do others see me? intimidating or scary?

Another question, How do everyone see me at the workplace? Like co workers and bosses? would that be same of different? Since Asc and MC are responsible for different parts of life.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
intimidating, scary

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.