Leo intercepted.

Frisiangal

Hi,
I've been long pondering over the manifested influence of natal Sun in any sign when its ruling sign Leo is intercepted in the chart. After all, natal Sun is what it's all about, isn't it?

Do those with such a placement experience that natal Sun shines through its connection with the house in which Leo is intercepted? Or is its motivation and potential held back by it in some way? Is the Cancer influence stronger?

I'm curious as to the difference with natal Sun in an intercepted sign.

P-l-e-a-s-e with (anonymous) chart rather than just through astro. symbolism

Last edited:

Claire19

Hi,
I've been long pondering over the manifested influence of natal Sun in any sign when its ruling sign Leo is intercepted in the chart. After all, natal Sun is what it's all about, isn't it?

Do those with such a placement experience that natal Sun shines through its connection with the house in which Leo is intercepted? Or is its motivation and potential held back by it in some way? Is the Cancer influence stronger?

I'm curious as to the difference with natal Sun in an intercepted sign.

P-l-e-a-s-e with (anonymous) chart rather than just through astro. symbolism
Use equal house system and you wont have that dilemma lol! Intercepted Sun I believe means it operates rather later and not directly as it would if it were not intercepted.

Frisiangal

Use equal house system and you wont have that dilemma lol! Intercepted Sun I believe means it operates rather later and not directly as it would if it were not intercepted.

Admittedly, it would make it so much easier :biggrin:. The astro. mindset would need or have to undergo a change to accommodate it though, as many charts would see a complete change of planets in houses, house cusps, and rulerships.
Would the theme still be the same?:unsure:

R4VEN

I found this to be a fascinating question, frisiangal, and I confess it is one I have never considered.

I had a wander through the charts of some people I know well, but my intuition was pushing me to check the chart of Tod, one of my nephews, now 42 years old. Wouldn't you know it - he has Leo/Aquarius intercepted in 3rd/9th houses, and his natal Sun in Gemini in the 1st house.

I cannot post his chart without his permission, so I'll just (briefly, I hope) describe what I believe to be relevant information.

Tod has from an early age had a desire to make his mark. From around the age of 10-12, his passion was computers, and then later, the internet. He began his working life as a web designer, and this developed (through a series of fortuitous incidents and meetings) into the career he now has. He owns several companies, all technology/internet based. His most recent venture has been in developing apps for iphones.
His father (my brother) although a driven Aries Sun & Rising himself, has been bewildered by his oldest son's drive ... as well as his success, and astrologically, his chart is not all that remarkable. Sure, he has Jupiter in the 10th, which I have found opens doors career-wise for people, but his success and his continuing passion to express himself in this way is not all that obvious on his natal chart.

He has Moon in Aquarius - intercepted in the 9th - and this adds fuel to the nature of his interest. He appears not all that interested in people. He is a pleasant man, but not terribly `connected' to actual people. He prefers technology to people. (He is married with 3 children)
In his case, I feel that the intercepted Aquarius is just as significant as his Leo. He has Uranus in 5th, trining his Gemini Sun in 1st.

Frisiangal

Thank you for the example R4VEN, in which Leo is intercepted with Sun in the 'personal' region of the chart.

A chart that initiated my interest was where Leo was intercepted in the 7th house of personal relationships (awareness of others?), with natal Sun in a fully loaded 3rd house. Natal Moon in Cancer in 6th. S(he) wasn't happy about, or in, the private life. Estranged family ties when young; a number of affairs, married and divorced twice. Yet a born and devoted teacher through which all personal contacts and relationships were made, and always with the students interests at heart. Cancer influenced medical issues.
[ Equal House puts all planets in co-signed 4th house.]

Events during and following the Uranus opposition brought about the change of, and in life. Your nephew is about to enter his.:sideways:

I'm still pondering whether it IS the natal Sun house placement that is all important and Leo's house realm is the means to reach it, and/or whether
natal Sun also helps to reach (intercepted) Leo's ruling house as well.