Anyone Care to Interpret?

AVision

I've been low key interpreting my natal chart for about 10 months on and off, though still wrapping my head around aspects and interceptions. Every time I pick it up again, I end up having more questions than answers.
Anyone care to take a crack at this?

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    51.7 KB · Views: 37

haidee

Editted - sorry I didn't read properly, lol.

Quote from this page: http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Intercepted_signs.htm

"Leo-Aquarius Intercepted: Leo is where we want to be on stage. Aquarius is where we want to rebel and be original and “different.” Aquarius, being an Air Sign, gives Leo an awareness of others so it won’t run roughshod over them. It also gives originality to Leo’s self-expression. Leo gives a sense of purpose to the rebellion and originality of Aquarius. Without this, Aquarius would be merely an eccentric crank, rebelling only for the sake of rebelling. And that’s what can happen when these signs are intercepted.

In the house where Leo is intercepted, we find it difficult to get noticed, take center stage, to get applause. Since Cancer is on the house cusp, other people will view you in this area as nurturing and emotional. In other words, they are likely to come to you for emotional support instead of giving you the attention you inwardly crave.

In the opposite house where Aquarius is intercepted, the drive to be original and different is suppressed. Capricorn is on the house cusp, and that sign is cautious, conservative, and very concerned with its public image. Every client I have seen with a Capricorn Ascendant and Aquarius intercepted in the 1st house learned early in life that their desire to different, to explore new, strange, and socially unacceptable things was not going to be tolerated. They covered it up with a Capricorn veneer so they could appear to be “normal.” And when the pressure builds up, when they do finally rebel, it could be extreme and inappropriate.

Your Sun and Uranus, rulers of the intercepted signs, could show the way out of these difficulties. For other ways out, look to the duplicated Signs in your horoscope
."

Last edited:

AVision

Thank you, haidee! That helps a lot with my understanding of interceptions, as they pertain to my chart. So then in similar fashion, does that mean that Virgo is intercepted by Libra in 8th, and Libra by Scorpio, etc? I know this may be a silly question... I'm a heavily kinesthetic learner, so silly questions frequently arise.

haidee

Thank you, haidee! That helps a lot with my understanding of interceptions, as they pertain to my chart. So then in similar fashion, does that mean that Virgo is intercepted by Libra in 8th, and Libra by Scorpio, etc? I know this may be a silly question... I'm a heavily kinesthetic learner, so silly questions frequently arise.

:andy: .
Intercepted signs are signs that you missed/didn't learn throughout your upraising.
You have your first house starting in Capricorn and your second house in Pisces, so you missed Aquarius, and the same with Leo.

AVision

:andy: .
Intercepted signs are signs that you missed/didn't learn throughout your upraising.
You have your first house starting in Capricorn and your second house in Pisces, so you missed Aquarius, and the same with Leo.

DHO. Ok, I see it now. Thank you for clarifying, that makes much more sense.

AVision

Yes. I think the best inquiry would be for any advice on resources for learning how to read aspects. If chart reading is a language, then I'm at the point where I know most of the words, and the rules of grammar, but am still slow to string together the entire sentence with fluidity.
Also, I'm curious as to how best to interpret signs in houses. Does it matter how much of that house is influenced by a sign/if so, how would I interpret having two signs influencing one house?

haidee

Yes. I think the best inquiry would be for any advice on resources for learning how to read aspects. If chart reading is a language, then I'm at the point where I know most of the words, and the rules of grammar, but am still slow to string together the entire sentence with fluidity.

To know what the aspects of planets mean you of course need to know what each planet represents. After that you learn about harmonious, tense and neutral aspects.

Harmonious:
Conjunction (Two planets max. 5° apart)
Trine (120°)
Sextile (60°)

Semi-sextile (30°) (Less powerful)

Tense:
Opposition (180°)
Square (90°)

Semi-square (45°) (Less powerful)
Sesquiquadrate (135°) (Less powerful)
Quincuncx or Inconjunct (150°) (Less powerful)
---------------------------
+ Conjunction combines planets like mashed potatoes...Or a stew.

+Trine brings the planets together in an easy combination that makes everything smooth... (Natural and automatic)

+Sextile are kind of like Trines, but the natives are more aware of these 'talents' that the aspect gives them. It shows potential for use of these energies wisely. Also communicative and relationship-friendly aspects. (Conscious effort required)

Semi-sextile reveals opportunities that seem to go unnoticed.

- Opposition is unsure and wavering. We feel torn and we seek interactions with others to learn about our internal struggles. As we learn, we're more willing to negotiate.

- Square creates a lot of tension and makes us run into countless of obstacles. Often these aspects are more difficult when we are young, as these aspects force us to grow and learn our lessons. (Demands action)

Semi-square blocks your path and pulls to back instead of moving forward. This teaches you persistence and patience. (Makes you consider things twice)

Sesquiquadrate reveals an area of frustration or disappointment. This aspect is asking you to chill out and wants you to develop some endurance, persistance and patience to avoid the overwhelming feelings of impatience and resentment.

Quincuncx/Inconjunction ("Integration") wants you to change something/make an adjustment in the two houses where the planets sit. It will teach you to either bend or break and will challenge your intuition.

...Use the information and make your own interpretation. Does your Mercury Trine your Moon? Then you could say "My 'thoughts and/or communication collaborates with my emotions and/or instincts." but you'll have to know the question or topic it falls upon to make it more exact.

[ Some of the information above were taken from drstandley.com and cafeastrology.com ]

Also, I'm curious as to how best to interpret signs in houses. Does it matter how much of that house is influenced by a sign/if so, how would I interpret having two signs influencing one house?

That depends on which system you use. Some people use the Equal House system which allows each house to have exactly one sign.
I use the Placidus system which I can see from your chart that you've used as well... I don't think you need to focus on how big the houses are, of course other people might say otherwise, but I just look at where the house begins and where it ends. Also, some people believe in cusps others don't. If you have an Ascendant that's 29 degrees in say, Sagittarius, then you might notice that you have many traits from the next sign; Capricorn. The same with planets.. The higher the degree of a planet is, the more mature it is and is close to being fully developed.

I hope it was helpful. :3

conspiracy theorist

Sure I'll take a crack at it.

The temperament of the chart is melancholic-choleric which fuses the meticulous, careful nature of the melancholic with the ambition and drive of the choleric. This combination is not one to horse around as the 2 temperaments are more goal-oriented and serious, as opposed to the more socially-inclined sanguine and phlegmatic.

Your chart shows that you are durable and have the ability to endure immense hardship. I say this because your ascendant ruler is Domiciled and in a partile conjunction to ascendant degree. Saturn is the planet of boundaries, cold-hard reality and wisdom/strength through testing circumstances. You are a true embodiment of the Saturnine energy - self-controlled, you are likely to be a realist, having no illusions about your life and your place in it as well as a pragmatic approach that many would describe as cold or perhaps even cruel. Night chart and retrogradation makes Saturn more malefic and so Saturn's negative traits may unfortunately plague you - inhibition, pessimism under the guise of 'realism', etc.

Mars is the ruler of your ascendant by exaltation and he is doing pretty well in your chart. He is cooled by the night, is domiciled in Aries and is oriental to the Sun. The planet of energy, desire, "outward-directedness" this is a Mars that will push you towards getting what you want.

It's interesting that both a Strong Saturn and Mars rules your ascendant - one says "Let's plan this out.." and the other says "Just do it!". Very different messages. Would you say you have this problem? It would certainly go with the Gemini stereotype of being "in two minds". It also repeats the melancholic-choleric theme.

With an angular Mercury which rules the eighth and a Scorpio moon, you may have interests in investigating darker subjects.

Jupiter is exalted but cadent. He rules your 11th of friendships. Perhaps this could mean your friends (11th) serve you (6th); they can help you get what you want. It could also mean that you have some pretty great friends who you met at work (6th). In this case they wouldn't be serving you, but serving alongside you.

Career-wise, I'd think work that requires endurance, sobriety, (Saturn) opportunities for advancement, and competition/rivalries (Mars) would be a good fit for you. Some things that come to my mind for you is forensics, corporate interest, working with death/dead bodies investigation and accounting.The power of the malefics in your chart leads me to believe that you could do work that others find unpleasant/don't have the stomach for.

Interested in hearing your feedback.

muchacho

I've been low key interpreting my natal chart for about 10 months on and off, though still wrapping my head around aspects and interceptions. Every time I pick it up again, I end up having more questions than answers.
Anyone care to take a crack at this?
Before you go to aspects you have to do a basic interpretation based on the elements and the planets in signs and houses or else you may misjudge those aspects. Have you done that?

muchacho

Yes, it's difficult in the beginning. Keep in mind that astrology is a language of vibration that works with symbols, meaning you shouldn't take everything literally but rather look for the core principles.

For a beginner, I would recommend whole sign houses, then you won't have that problem in the first place. Later, when you are sure about house meanings and such, you can experiment with different house systems.