Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.

Unread 11-30-2014, 07:00 PM

Break-up: Composite vs. Progressed Composite with transits

Hi---
I had a break-up of a long-term relationship this month. He then switched it to wanting a "break"---he pulls away when I get angry and thinks he's making me unhappy since he's not always available.
I posted our composite with transits on break-up day, and our progressed composite with the transits. I am wondering what points to the break up, and also, which is more accurate, a composite or progressed composite?

I see in the progressed composite:
SUn is about to enter Cancer,
Uranus is directly opposed my natal 7th (disruption and abrupt end of my relationship),
my natal Moon is exactly conjunct our progressed ascendant (my feelings oppose our 7th house relationship?)
and Juno is exac. conjunct Chiron (wounding our relationship?).

The transits:
Venus is exac trine our progressed Venus (odd for a break up)
Moon (which was early Gemini when we split) squaring our Pluto, Juno and Chiron (emotions or mother influence creating tension in our psychological, partnership, and healing areas?).

Thanks
Melisa
Attached Images
File Type: gif Progressed composite with transits--break-up.gif (62.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: gif Comp with transits--break-up.gif (60.6 KB, 36 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to melisa For This Useful Post:
StillOne (12-01-2014)
Unread 11-30-2014, 07:11 PM

Re: Break-up: Composite vs. Progressed Composite with transits

ANd I see in the regular composite with transits on break up day:

Transiting Mars is exac sextile our Pluto (stimulating psychological issues, and issues of destruction/subconscious coming to light)

Transiting Venus is square our Juno (conflict between romance and relationship)

Transiting Pluto is exac trine our Venus (psychological transformation and tearing down of our romance)

Transiting Uranus is oppose our Moon and inconjunct our Venus (abrupt, sudden break-up/change in our emotional and romantic life).

I feel upset over the break-up. If anyone has any feedback on the composites and/or transits, or in general how one would use the progressed vs. composite, I would be grateful.

Thank you
Melisa
Unread 11-30-2014, 09:29 PM

So do I understand it right, uranus and moon are conjunct on the progr. Asc? And in opposition to comp. Moon? I think that pretty much explains it...the other aspects you mention do not necessarily mean breakup, except maybe the pluto moon aspect.
Unread 12-01-2014, 03:30 AM

Hi
Actually my natal moon is conjunct the progressed ascendant
Transiting Uranus is oppose our composite moon
Transting Moon was square our composite Pluto

I'm not sure what else in the progressed or regular composite indicates the break up.....or in general which one of the 2 types of composites is more useful in looking back at the ending?

Thank you
Melisa
Unread 12-01-2014, 09:02 AM

I am not sure if the progressed composite will show us your story, but I guess that it should just like a progressed natal chart can do - I am not experienced in looking at those... but I have been told that transits to a composite chart can certainly give insights into what happens in a relationship.
Unread 12-01-2014, 04:43 PM

Hey how are you? Do you use the vertex much?

I noticed it comes up quite a bit, the day I met my ex the transiting sun was exactly conjunct the composite anti vertex (and opposite the composite vertex).

I dont know heaps about astrology but I just go over important dates later on when im not so emotionally involved in the situation (dates which were important enough for me to write in my diary haha) and a lot of the time the vertex was being directly aspected with a conjunction or opposition from a transiting planet
Unread 12-01-2014, 05:11 PM

Yes I have indeed noticed that the Vx is a sensitive relationship point/axis.
Unread 12-01-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena View Post
Yes I have indeed noticed that the Vx is a sensitive relationship point/axis.

Melisa where is your composite vertex?
Unread 12-01-2014, 05:42 PM

Hi
Yes, Arena, so it sounds like a composite = the relationship and a progressed composite = the current relationship. In our composite, one exact aspect is Lilith exac. square Neptune (dark inner emotional depths of Lilith in conflict and tension re: illusions and substance abuse--Neptune?)....and when we broke up, transiting Mars was exactly inconjunct Lilith and exactly sextile our Neptune.

This what I know about Lilith: It deals with deep emoti8ons, sexuality, and what is hidden. It describes our relationship to sacrifice and shows how we let go. It shows a form of castration or frustration, often in the areas of desire, a powerlessness of the psyche, or a general inhibition. It also shows where we question ourselves, our lives, our beliefs. It gives us the opportunity to "let go" of something.

Melisa
Unread 12-01-2014, 05:49 PM

Thank you for the replies.

Astro Amateur, the composite vertex is 1 Aries, and when we broke up it was trine the transiting ascendant (so opposing the transiting 7th house cusp), and the comp. vertex was loosely trined by the transiting Moon.

The progressed composite Vertex is 10 Gemini. which was conjunct transit Moon, and conjunct transit 7th house. Transit Mars was inconjunct our Vertex, and transit Pluto was inconjunct our Vertex.

Re: transits, when we broke up, transit Moon had just entered transit 7th house. Reminds me of the "Dawning of the Age of Aquarius" song---"When the Moon is in the 7th house..."

Melisa
Unread 12-01-2014, 06:35 PM

What about the composite & progressed composite anti vertex? was anything aspecting it?

Maybe transit mars and pluto being quincunx could of bought heaps of tension?

SO what actually happened? Do you think any one else is involved? Nothing to do with the chart at all I'm just asking what are your thoughts without astrology aspects?
Unread 12-01-2014, 07:54 PM

melisa, I'd like to ask the same question as astroamateur, why did the two of you break up? Is there another woman involved, or a third party?
Unread 12-02-2014, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroamatuer View Post
Hey how are you? Do you use the vertex much?

I noticed it comes up quite a bit, the day I met my ex the transiting sun was exactly conjunct the composite anti vertex (and opposite the composite vertex).

I dont know heaps about astrology but I just go over important dates later on when im not so emotionally involved in the situation (dates which were important enough for me to write in my diary haha) and a lot of the time the vertex was being directly aspected with a conjunction or opposition from a transiting planet
I agree with this.

I just recently broke up with someone and our vertex is conjuncting our composite DSC by only a few seconds (so basically it's sitting exactly on it). Transiting Rx Uranus was sitting RIGHT on top of it (like exact degrees). I actually predicted it and sure enough it happened. I think when Uranus goes direct and hits our DSC/Vertex again we will probably start talking again or might get back together.
Unread 12-02-2014, 02:03 AM

Hi
Arena and Amateur Astrologer, the reason we broke up is that when I get angry, he panics and pulls away (we had a couple of breaks)---he is not very romantic and I criticized him for this, so he thinks he makes me unhappy.

There is not a third party involved (though he is extremely close with his mother), as far as I know-----does something in the chart indicate this?

The composite anti-vertex is 1 Libra (conj. the composite ascend)

The progressed compos. anti-vertex is 10 Sagittarius (trine transiting Juno)

The moon was 6 Gemini when we ended the relationship, which was trine the composite anti-vertex, and oppose the progressed comp. anti-vertex
Maybe emotions or nurturance was touching our relationship at the time of breakup?

Thanks
Melisa

Tags
breakup, composite, progressed, transits