The Midheaven (MC)

Arian Maverick

For reasons not yet apparent to my conscious mind, I have regained interest in my Capricorn Midheaven and the tenth house--particularly the stellium of outer planets contained within.

I conducted a Google search of this phrase and discovered a wonderful series of article from astrologer Barry Cowger, which discusses "the purpose of the Midheaven, and how it expresses itself through each of the 12 Signs." I have provided a text links to each of these articles below.

Midheaven in Aries

Midheaven in Taurus

Midheaven in Gemini

Midheaven in Cancer

Midheaven in Virgo

Midheaven in Leo

Midheaven in Libra

Midheaven in Scorpio

Midheaven in Sagittarius

Note: The link provided on the main site for Midheaven in Sagittarius repeatedly directed me back to the article for Midheaven in Scorpio. Fortunately, the web address for each article is fairly predictable... :p

Midheaven in Capricorn

Midheaven in Aquarius

Midheaven in Pisces

Arian Maverick

nuthatch

Thanks! These are great. I'm a Libra MC, which I have good feelings about.

But this is what Astrotheme says about Libra MC:
You probably instinctively understand that the fact that your charm and your finesse attract people into your net, offers you the additional elements in which you are lacking. Indeed, you are not a hard worker, and your capacities to take action, persevere and display pragmatism are not too strong. Besides, your abilities to earn an income and to become independent are not very good.

OUCH. This is not me at all, and I'm a little insulted. Besides, I'm not sure how they can say that and then offer a list of people like Mother Teresa, Oprah Winfrey, Coco Chanel, Bob Dylan, Michelangelo, Angela Merkel, Thomas Edison, and Malcolm X. Yeah, what a bunch of luxuriating slackers, right?

lazarusx

Thanks for the links Arian.

I think i remember coming across this site a year or more ago but had since forgotten how i found it.

The description on Pisces in Midheaven describes me very well, infact it clears up some confusion as to why i do and seek what i do, i've been going through an intense period of disillusionment for some time now, at the heart of my being i know i need to be involved in humanitarian work, i just havn't found a way to express this yet.. plus it scares me, or should i say.. my ego.

michel12

If you use whole sign system and the MC is in capricorn but the 10 house cusp is in aquarious then what do you look at ?

Lazy Cat

Thank you! This is what I needed to understand a little better the state of confusion I've been in (Pisces MC). It makes so much sense!

If you use whole sign system and the MC is in capricorn but the 10 house cusp is in aquarious then what do you look at ?

Same with Equal house system, you have MC which is always first and foremost importance and then 10th house cusp will be different in Equal and whole house... It's bit like having a second MC but weaker, most noticeable for transits going over house cusps though.

!4C

Same with Equal house system, you have MC which is always first and foremost importance and then 10th house cusp will be different in Equal and whole house... It's bit like having a second MC but weaker, most noticeable for transits going over house cusps though.

What is the significance of having an MC that is outside the 10th house?

It seems like it would alter the sequence and timing of events from transiting planets.

Also, it seems like it would create events that link the career theme with the MC house theme.

Actually, to justify the placidus, the 10th house might simply overlap the other house. In other words, maybe the placius houses can be overlaid onto the equal houses to get a more complete picture of blended regions.

I would like to know because I’ve always been confused between the different houses and their use. Placidus always seemed to work for natal analysis, but transits seem more complicating. I usually consider equal houses for transits.

JUPITERASC

It seems like it would alter the sequence and timing of events from transiting planets.

Also, it seems like it would create events that link the career theme with the MC house theme.

Actually, to justify the placidus, the 10th house might simply overlap the other house. In other words, maybe the placius houses can be overlaid onto the equal houses to get a more complete picture of blended regions.

I would like to know because I’ve always been confused between the different houses and their use. Placidus always seemed to work for natal analysis, but transits seem more complicating. I usually consider equal houses for transits.

link to the Education Board and a comprehensive article entitled Houses
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15927

link to interesting discussion re: house systems http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36069 :smile:

Last edited:

it creates 10th & 4th house cusp in addition to MC/IC, these house cusps can be tested with transits.

http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Z0nnE2IP7A4C&pg=PA167&dq=astrology+equal+house&as_brr=3&ei=i0iJS-PlGo3mygS89Nn8DQ&cd=2#v=onepage&q=astrology%20equal%20house&f=false

EQUAL HOUSES
“Another of the three most popular house systems is Equal houses which is just what its name implies. All the houses have the same degree on each cusp, and there are no interceptions. Equal house systems are especially useful for people born in the northernmost and southernmost latitudes, and this system is the most popular one in use outside of the United States.”
http://www.esotericapublications.com/art-eso-011.htm

JUPITERASC

I have Leo Midheaven in the 10th i believe.

The house position of your MC is entirely dependent on the particular house system chosen. On astro.com choosing extended chart selection brings up a page with additional options that include a choice from fourteen of the most popular house systems. Clicking on where it says 'default' by 'House System' shows a drop down menu of these fourteen house systems. If you experiment with creating your chart using Whole Sign and then Placidus/Equal House and others you'll get a visual illustration of how each house system can alter the house position of your MC. There are as many as forty or more different house systems. Also this link very briefly explains the origins of house systems :smile:
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

Flapjacks

I find I'm understanding my Midheaven more and more. Perhaps because tNeptune has finally left it, and tUranus (ruler of my Midheaven in Aqua) is coming in to conjunct NN.

I wanted to revive this thread because I found this interesting: In the article on Aqua midheaven, he says, "But most people fall into the 70/30 majority; they are mainly working within a system, while also trying to improve it or make it better by introducing elements or idea from the 'outside'."

I had a conversation recently with someone where I said 70% of my work is rote activities to keep business moving, and 30% is R&D to create new programs. :lol:

katydid

I find I'm understanding my Midheaven more and more. Perhaps because tNeptune has finally left it, and tUranus (ruler of my Midheaven in Aqua) is coming in to conjunct NN.

I wanted to revive this thread because I found this interesting: In the article on Aqua midheaven, he says, "But most people fall into the 70/30 majority; they are mainly working within a system, while also trying to improve it or make it better by introducing elements or idea from the 'outside'."

I had a conversation recently with someone where I said 70% of my work is rote activities to keep business moving, and 30% is R&D to create new programs. :lol:

I have Aquarius on my MC as well. I have the North Node in Aquarius in the 10th.

I have always thought that my decision to be an astrologer was because of the Aquarius MC. I went to UC Berkeley in the 70's as a pre-law student. But I began doing readings for other students to make extra money and I eventually gave up on going to law school. I knew I would hate it. :wink:

Blaze

Account Closed
I've got a 9th house MC with a domicile Saturn sitting on it. Life is great, lemme tell you. :annoyed:

My NN is in the 10th house though, in Aquarius.

I'm still unsure as to what that might mean, but it might have something to do with my current life plan, which is to, in short, amass wealth then use said wealth to build schools. More schools, less guns, more text-books, less bullets. Kind of idealistic, I know. But it's something to keep me motivated.

ukdesifem

Like any placement, it depends on the aspects.

That said, from studying many charts, I can see how one's MC shapes his or her career or higher outcomes.

Having tenth houses planets does not make one famous though.

We need to move beyond these cookbook/mainstream astrology ******** concepts. lol. A person is the sum of ALL aspects, and none shold be taken on face value alone.