Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Technique

Horary Technique This sub-board is the placeholder for all threads concerning theoretical and technical issues in horary astrology.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 01-12-2019, 08:32 PM
Cypocryphy's Avatar
Cypocryphy Cypocryphy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Three Sheets to the West
Posts: 1,587
For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Hello everyone,

What do you do when you get a question every 30 seconds to a minute (high speed horary) and 80 percent of them are the same question. I'm thinking horary is useless at this point unless all 80 percent are in comparable situations. It's driving me bonkers because I don't feel comfortable just letting images come to mind because sometimes I don't know what they signify. It's easier with the charts but surely not all 80 percent of people are going to have comparable answers. That would be ludicrous.

So I'm not sure what to do here. I think horary is useless at this point. I thought about casting it at their location (this is online) but often I don't have their physical location. (And no. At this place I can't ask them where there location is ... or maybe I can in some situations.)

Anyone run into this problem? The subtle changes from minute to minute are just too subtle.

P.S. I do astrology, but my boss was so impressed with what I did that she thinks I'm psychic, which maybe I am, but a very undeveloped one. Plus, not to be sexist, but guys have a harder time with this stuff. I don't know why. When I was hired, I was given three random charts to interpret. I did the first one and was hired immediately because everything I said was correct but correct with details. I mean, it's astrology. But this is different. 100 questions in 3 hours is too much for horary. It's too much for me just in general. I need time to relax and get into "my zone." Usually I do best when I feel inspired or halfway in sleep mode.

__________________
"The mind suitable for foreknowledge obtains the truth more than the one practicing the art the most."
– Ptolemy (Centiloquy)

Last edited by Cypocryphy; 01-12-2019 at 08:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 01-12-2019, 10:13 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 4,933
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypocryphy View Post
Hello everyone,

What do you do when you get a question every 30 seconds to a minute (high speed horary) and 80 percent of them are the same question. I'm thinking horary is useless at this point unless all 80 percent are in comparable situations. It's driving me bonkers because I don't feel comfortable just letting images come to mind because sometimes I don't know what they signify. It's easier with the charts but surely not all 80 percent of people are going to have comparable answers. That would be ludicrous.
What kind of high speed horary are you talking about? Who is getting essentially [80% of the time] the same question every 30-60 seconds?

And it seems a bit unlikely that 80% of the questions would be the same. I do agree that there are about 3 or 4 main questions that people ask about: self, home, relationship, work..

Could you tell a bit more detail of the circumstances of the problem you allude to here? And also share what that same, one question is?
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
Cypocryphy (01-12-2019)
  #3  
Unread 01-12-2019, 11:27 PM
Cypocryphy's Avatar
Cypocryphy Cypocryphy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Three Sheets to the West
Posts: 1,587
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Ilene!! It so good to hear from you!! It's been so long! Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
What kind of high speed horary are you talking about? Who is getting essentially [80% of the time] the same question every 30-60 seconds?
So it's different people asking the same question. It comes in various forms that we all know. For example, "My husband and I divorced last year. He's with a new woman now. Do you see us getting back together and working things out?" or "I've met this girl. We talk after work all the time. Do you see a future for us as a couple?" or "I'm dating this guy and I'm not sure how he feels about me, but do we have a future together as a couple?" or "I've been seeing this guy but having heard from him since New Years. Is he going to contact me?"

So ultimately the question is: "Will I have a relationship with my love interest and/or what's the influence of the third party, i.e. the other woman or man." That's ultimately the question. Each person is asking these questions is a different person but they come to me every 30 seconds. So that means that the planets are in the same houses, have the same essential and accidental dignity, etc. You know. Significator is still besieged by Saturn, blah blah blah. It's 80 percent first house and seventh house.

Quote:
And it seems a bit unlikely that 80% of the questions would be the same. I do agree that there are about 3 or 4 main questions that people ask about: self, home, relationship, work..
They are not exactly the same, which helps. But fundamentally, they are the same question at their core.

Quote:
Could you tell a bit more detail of the circumstances of the problem you allude to here? And also share what that same, one question is?
Does that help? I'll sometimes wait 10 minutes or so before answering so there's been a change. But that becomes difficult when the clients are asking me nonstop. I have to answer all of them. And staying up till 1 a.m. stinks.

Anyway, what do you think?

All the very best
Chris
__________________
"The mind suitable for foreknowledge obtains the truth more than the one practicing the art the most."
– Ptolemy (Centiloquy)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cypocryphy For This Useful Post:
IleneK (01-17-2019)
  #4  
Unread 01-13-2019, 12:30 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,779
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Are you a self employed astrologer? Or are you working for a psychic hotline-type organization?

I'm wondering why you *have to* answer every question. And why you have to look at more than one question at a time. Wouldn't it make more sense to not look at the next question until you've finished answering the one you're on? If you do that, you'll definitely get different horary charts. Surely you're spending longer than 30 seconds on each answer.

I don't do horary astrology, but what I've heard from professional horary astrologers is that if they're answering questions online, they cast the chart for their own location, and they don't necessarily answer every question they get. Sometimes they get questions that don't work as horary questions, or that they're not comfortable answering (like, "When will my mother die?") and they reject those. Which they can do because they're self employed. If you're working for someone else, you might not have the freedom to decline questions.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Cypocryphy (01-13-2019)
  #5  
Unread 01-13-2019, 01:32 AM
Cypocryphy's Avatar
Cypocryphy Cypocryphy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Three Sheets to the West
Posts: 1,587
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Are you a self employed astrologer? Or are you working for a psychic hotline-type organization?
I'm with an organization.

Quote:
I'm wondering why you *have to* answer every question. And why you have to look at more than one question at a time. Wouldn't it make more sense to not look at the next question until you've finished answering the one you're on? If you do that, you'll definitely get different horary charts. Surely you're spending longer than 30 seconds on each answer.
First off, I found out it was a mistake. Yeah. I don't do multiple questions at the same time, but I have to answer the questions as fast as I can. So there is a list, it's backed up, and I have to keep moving up the list. Does that make sense? It's like being in line. So there's hardly any time.

Quote:
I don't do horary astrology, but what I've heard from professional horary astrologers is that if they're answering questions online, they cast the chart for their own location, and they don't necessarily answer every question they get. Sometimes they get questions that don't work as horary questions, or that they're not comfortable answering (like, "When will my mother die?") and they reject those. Which they can do because they're self employed. If you're working for someone else, you might not have the freedom to decline questions.

Yeah. I don't answer every question. Some I'm just not allowed. But most of them I have to answer. I think horary is not good for this situation. But when I feel pressured and stressed, I need to look at a chart. I guess its like a crutch, but it helps to have that to focus on rather than being stressed out.

This is a new part-time job. I'm trying it out. I just wanted to do astrology readings, which I'm really good at. I have time to answer the questions. I mean, in a reasonable amount of time.

I can do horary quickly now. Unless it's a wonky question, but usually, like Ilene said, there are four types of questions that you get the majority of the time.
__________________
"The mind suitable for foreknowledge obtains the truth more than the one practicing the art the most."
– Ptolemy (Centiloquy)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cypocryphy For This Useful Post:
GemwDepth (01-13-2019)
  #6  
Unread 01-13-2019, 03:01 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,779
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypocryphy View Post
First off, I found out it was a mistake. Yeah. I don't do multiple questions at the same time, but I have to answer the questions as fast as I can. So there is a list, it's backed up, and I have to keep moving up the list. Does that make sense? It's like being in line. So there's hardly any time.
However, you don't cast the horary chart for when the question reached your inbox. You cast the chart for when you read the question and understood it. Have you been casting all the horary charts for when the question reached your inbox? That's the impression I get from your original post.

If you're genuinely reading these questions, and understanding them, a few minutes apart, then they naturally all get similar charts, and similar answers. It's like a multiple birth. Almost the same chart, but not quite, even if the only difference is the house cusps being a degree or two apart.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Aria Venue (04-05-2019)
  #7  
Unread 01-13-2019, 09:31 AM
Cypocryphy's Avatar
Cypocryphy Cypocryphy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Three Sheets to the West
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
However, you don't cast the horary chart for when the question reached your inbox. You cast the chart for when you read the question and understood it. Have you been casting all the horary charts for when the question reached your inbox? That's the impression I get from your original post.

If you're genuinely reading these questions, and understanding them, a few minutes apart, then they naturally all get similar charts, and similar answers. It's like a multiple birth. Almost the same chart, but not quite, even if the only difference is the house cusps being a degree or two apart.
Well, yeah. That’s how you do horary. ??? Never mind. Thanks though
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 01-14-2019, 05:38 PM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,745
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypocryphy View Post
Hello everyone,

What do you do when you get a question every 30 seconds to a minute (high speed horary) and 80 percent of them are the same question. I'm thinking horary is useless at this point unless all 80 percent are in comparable situations. It's driving me bonkers because I don't feel comfortable just letting images come to mind because sometimes I don't know what they signify. It's easier with the charts but surely not all 80 percent of people are going to have comparable answers. That would be ludicrous.

So I'm not sure what to do here. I think horary is useless at this point. I thought about casting it at their location (this is online) but often I don't have their physical location. (And no. At this place I can't ask them where there location is ... or maybe I can in some situations.)

Anyone run into this problem? The subtle changes from minute to minute are just too subtle.

P.S. I do astrology, but my boss was so impressed with what I did that she thinks I'm psychic, which maybe I am, but a very undeveloped one. Plus, not to be sexist, but guys have a harder time with this stuff. I don't know why. When I was hired, I was given three random charts to interpret. I did the first one and was hired immediately because everything I said was correct but correct with details. I mean, it's astrology. But this is different. 100 questions in 3 hours is too much for horary. It's too much for me just in general. I need time to relax and get into "my zone." Usually I do best when I feel inspired or halfway in sleep mode.
Technically speaking, I don't see the issue. LOA can explain it perfectly. However, practically speaking, how many sincere questions do get in such a setting and how thoroughly can you read a chart in 30 seconds? And so, isn't this precisely the kind of (mis)use of astrology that the ancients have warned us against?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 01-14-2019, 08:37 PM
Cypocryphy's Avatar
Cypocryphy Cypocryphy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Three Sheets to the West
Posts: 1,587
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Just be constructive Muchacho. I know of no warning such as that. I’ve developed a technique to assist so this issue is no longer moot. But be constructive and innovative. There is no misuses here.

I’m doing this because Little Bear got upset. But last time. There should be a thread on constructive posting and non-constructive posting.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 01-16-2019, 08:06 PM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

William Lilly did a chart for when he started for the day, and moved it accordingly as the day progressed. Though he was only answering questions every fifteen minutes or so (the mind boggles even at that rate).

Note that horary is heavily weighted towards 'no' answers - that's because we seldom get what we think we want in life.

So if a bunch of people are calling about their love life because they've just seen an advert or something, it doesn't seem unrealistic that they'd all have the same or similar charts. This based on the principle that by the time you're asking astrologers about your relationship, the relationship is in pretty bad shape.

Balance that with 'how long can I do this before I go nuts?' as far as work hours/keeping the job goes.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
Aria Venue (04-05-2019), Cypocryphy (01-17-2019), Mohammad690 (02-13-2020), tsmall (02-16-2019)
  #11  
Unread 01-16-2019, 09:56 PM
Cypocryphy's Avatar
Cypocryphy Cypocryphy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Three Sheets to the West
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
William Lilly did a chart for when he started for the day, and moved it accordingly as the day progressed. Though he was only answering questions every fifteen minutes or so (the mind boggles even at that rate).

Note that horary is heavily weighted towards 'no' answers - that's because we seldom get what we think we want in life.

So if a bunch of people are calling about their love life because they've just seen an advert or something, it doesn't seem unrealistic that they'd all have the same or similar charts. This based on the principle that by the time you're asking astrologers about your relationship, the relationship is in pretty bad shape.

Balance that with 'how long can I do this before I go nuts?' as far as work hours/keeping the job goes.
OMG! Oddity! I couldn’t have said it better myself!!! This! ^^^. Absolutely! This is true. Also, for some reason the people asking about relationship questions are in the same situation. Common denominators. New relationship. One has stronger feelings than the other and the other is also seeing someone else. These people will come in with the same question and be very similar. HOWEVER, when testimonies don’t reflect what I’m told, I turn the chart to reflect the querrent and go from there. If I’m using astrology. But most of the time it’s absolutely unnecessary.

Great response!! I think I told someone in a PM this same thing about people being in the same situation. As if at that hour they all are compelled to ask that question being in the same or very similar situation.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 01-16-2019, 10:27 PM
BlackLioness87's Avatar
BlackLioness87 BlackLioness87 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Spanish is spoken ;)
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypocryphy View Post
OMG! Oddity! I couldn’t have said it better myself!!! This! ^^^. Absolutely! This is true. Also, for some reason the people asking about relationship questions are in the same situation. Common denominators. New relationship. One has stronger feelings than the other and the other is also seeing someone else. These people will come in with the same question and be very similar. HOWEVER, when testimonies don’t reflect what I’m told, I turn the chart to reflect the querrent and go from there. If I’m using astrology. But most of the time it’s absolutely unnecessary.

Great response!! I think I told someone in a PM this same thing about people being in the same situation. As if at that hour they all are compelled to ask that question being in the same or very similar situation.
I don't do horary, but as far as I know there are two techniques for casting the charts.

Do you think if you cast the chart for the place the querent lives, you'll get better results? Have you ever tried it? I also wonder if the time you receive the question is the time the querent actually asked the question.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 01-17-2019, 07:48 PM
Cypocryphy's Avatar
Cypocryphy Cypocryphy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Three Sheets to the West
Posts: 1,587
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLioness87 View Post
I don't do horary, but as far as I know there are two techniques for casting the charts.

Do you think if you cast the chart for the place the querent lives, you'll get better results? Have you ever tried it? I also wonder if the time you receive the question is the time the querent actually asked the question.
Hey BlackLioness! Just wanted to reply quickly as I'm pressed for time.

But to your first question: I'd have to say "yes-no." That probably doesn't make much sense, but I view horary similar to tarot cards. There's more structure and formality with horary charts, however. There's positives and negatives to both, if you are doing "psychic" readings and/or "are pressed for time."

Typically, I like to get visions or pictures. But sometimes I have a hard time relating it to the client because I can't ferret out info, so these are true blind readings in many situations. I get feedback. I have, so far, gotten five start reviews. That's how you are reviewed. But more to the point, traditionally, you do not cast the chart for the location for where the querent lives. It will always be where you live. However, these astrologers come from a time when there were not telephones, cellphones or Internet. So these people would come to you in person.

I'm not going to be the person to say "no" to this because I am iconoclastic in many ways. I don't think things stagnate in the past with rigid rules. Despite this, however, I have never had a problem or issue using my own location, and it has worked remarkably well throughout the years.

This, in turn, means that many people reading charts on this forum on the horary section are doing it wrong. They are supposed to not use the querent's chart unless they are helping them to interpret the chart. And if they are "helping" rather than acting "doing a real horary reading," then they should insert themselves into the chart as the astrologer, that being the seventh house. If someone has a question, then the astrologer casts the chart when he or she not necessarily reads the question but understands what's being asked. There's actually a difference here. So that answer's your last question. If the querent is asking for help, then use his or her chart and insert yourself as the astrologer, which would make you an additional party affecting the interpretation or outcome. Otherwise, you cast your own chart at the time you understand what is being asked so you can, in turn, provide the right in kind answer.

I hope that answers your questions.
__________________
"The mind suitable for foreknowledge obtains the truth more than the one practicing the art the most."
– Ptolemy (Centiloquy)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cypocryphy For This Useful Post:
BlackLioness87 (01-18-2019)
  #14  
Unread 01-17-2019, 08:01 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 4,933
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypocryphy View Post
Ilene!! It so good to hear from you!! It's been so long! Okay.



So it's different people asking the same question. It comes in various forms that we all know. For example, "My husband and I divorced last year. He's with a new woman now. Do you see us getting back together and working things out?" or "I've met this girl. We talk after work all the time. Do you see a future for us as a couple?" or "I'm dating this guy and I'm not sure how he feels about me, but do we have a future together as a couple?" or "I've been seeing this guy but having heard from him since New Years. Is he going to contact me?"

So ultimately the question is: "Will I have a relationship with my love interest and/or what's the influence of the third party, i.e. the other woman or man." That's ultimately the question. Each person is asking these questions is a different person but they come to me every 30 seconds. So that means that the planets are in the same houses, have the same essential and accidental dignity, etc. You know. Significator is still besieged by Saturn, blah blah blah. It's 80 percent first house and seventh house.



They are not exactly the same, which helps. But fundamentally, they are the same question at their core.



Does that help? I'll sometimes wait 10 minutes or so before answering so there's been a change. But that becomes difficult when the clients are asking me nonstop. I have to answer all of them. And staying up till 1 a.m. stinks.

Anyway, what do you think?

All the very best
Chris

Hi, there and thank you for your kind words.
I think if it is the same question coming at the same time, or very close to it, then the answer is the same. 80% of your querents is still a very small part of the humans in the world, so I don't see why their same question can't all validly have the same answer. In fact, I have difficulty accepting that the answer wouldn't be the same.
Just my thoughts, and good luck with the grind. I have a friend who does similar work, and it's a load!
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 01-17-2019, 09:56 PM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 12,829
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
However, you don't cast the horary chart for when the question reached your inbox. You cast the chart for when you read the question and understood it. Have you been casting all the horary charts for when the question reached your inbox? That's the impression I get from your original post.

If you're genuinely reading these questions, and understanding them, a few minutes apart, then they naturally all get similar charts, and similar answers. It's like a multiple birth. Almost the same chart, but not quite, even if the only difference is the house cusps being a degree or two apart.
actually you do cast the horary on the time when you get the question. because the querent is not in control when the chart is made/when the astrologer runs a chart after reading a pm. meaning that I run charts in my head which is problematic on when i feel the time when i will get desrable answer. the other problem is .. people forget when they fthought of the question or the question has been like a nagging toothache.

Seconds later charts ... i dobut it takes 10 seconds from you to run a chart then read it then move on to the next.
even 1 minute can be drastic esp when you have 29 deg charts

T
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tikana For This Useful Post:
Aria Venue (04-05-2019)
  #16  
Unread 01-18-2019, 04:37 AM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,745
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypocryphy View Post
Just be constructive Muchacho. I know of no warning such as that. I’ve developed a technique to assist so this issue is no longer moot. But be constructive and innovative. There is no misuses here.

I’m doing this because Little Bear got upset. But last time. There should be a thread on constructive posting and non-constructive posting.
I am actually trying to be constructive. Theoretically, what you are doing is possible. LOA will only match you up with people that have essentially the same problems and questions (just different places different faces) and so in that sense I see no reason why horary should fail here. But that's the ideal case, which means you have to be consistently in alignment (or in the zone as you call it).

However, there is a difference between an astrological reading and a psychic reading. In astrology, we focus on reading the chart, not on reading the person. Psychics read persons, astrologers read charts. That doesn’t mean that astrologers can’t use their psychic insights or that psychics can’t use astrology. It just means that we have to be clear about what we are actually doing. If we mostly just read the person and only look at the chart in order to justify our hunches, then this shouldn’t be called an astrological reading. Similarly, if we mostly read the chart and only add a little psychic insight in the end in order to make it more personal or specific, then this shouldn’t be called a psychic reading either.

There are certain standard procedures every astrologer has to follow in order to read a chart correctly. And anyone who follows that procedure diligently enough should come to the exact same conclusions. That’s why astrology is akin to a science. And that takes time and consideration. First impressions can be very misleading. I’m not sure what you can accomplish in that regard in just 30 seconds. I am assuming the 30 seconds window includes the reading of the question, the casting of the chart and your reply to the client, right? So how much time is there still left for the actual reading? There’s also no time to check or double check your reading, is there?

Now, I realize that you mostly get the exact same questions all the time and so obviously you have to give the exact same answers all the time within a certain time frame. I didn't consider that point in my first reply. And so this is a special case and my concern may actually be unfounded because you are not dealing with unique questions, you are dealing with identical questions. So you probably won't even need 30 seconds because you've done all the necessary groundwork already. And theoretically, if you know your working hours for the next day, you could even prepare your answers to those same old questions in advance. That way you can get some extra time for unique questions that require a more thorough consideration.

In case of unique questions though, answering a case within 30 seconds may still be possible because some charts are just that easy, but on a consistent basis, hundreds of charts with unique questions in a row, that's highly unlikely. There is no time to go thru the necessary procedure. And that would be a misuse of astrology.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 01-18-2019, 04:44 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,659
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypocryphy View Post
Hello everyone,

What do you do when you get a question every 30 seconds to a minute (high speed horary) and 80 percent of them are the same question. I'm thinking horary is useless at this point unless all 80 percent are in comparable situations. It's driving me bonkers because I don't feel comfortable just letting images come to mind because sometimes I don't know what they signify. It's easier with the charts but surely not all 80 percent of people are going to have comparable answers. That would be ludicrous.

So I'm not sure what to do here. I think horary is useless at this point. I thought about casting it at their location (this is online) but often I don't have their physical location. (And no. At this place I can't ask them where there location is ... or maybe I can in some situations.)

Anyone run into this problem? The subtle changes from minute to minute are just too subtle.

P.S. I do astrology, but my boss was so impressed with what I did that she thinks I'm psychic, which maybe I am, but a very undeveloped one. Plus, not to be sexist, but guys have a harder time with this stuff. I don't know why. When I was hired, I was given three random charts to interpret. I did the first one and was hired immediately because everything I said was correct but correct with details. I mean, it's astrology. But this is different. 100 questions in 3 hours is too much for horary. It's too much for me just in general. I need time to relax and get into "my zone." Usually I do best when I feel inspired or halfway in sleep mode.
If the questions are from different people, they in theory have little to do with each other, and even if 2 clients ask different questions at the same time, there is no problem in using the same chart. There is a reason why you "understood both questions" at that time. Now if they are the same person just "mass producing charts" seeking a different outcome from the same question, that is against the rules of horary (you can only ask a question once).

The problem may come if you are using an e-mail service and work in a specific schedule: as in waking up to find 30 e-mails and answering all of them at the same time every day. The solution I found to these is to simply answer e-mails as I recieve them, although my clientele is far smaller than what you are describing. Because I have my astrologer mail in my smartphone, I can usually answer questions as soon as I get them, although this means the horary service I provide sort of runs 4 hours a day.

But again, my business is much smaller, amateurish really, I usually get a couple of charts a week.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
Cypocryphy (01-29-2019)
  #18  
Unread 01-18-2019, 04:44 AM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,745
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypocryphy View Post
I think I told someone in a PM this same thing about people being in the same situation. As if at that hour they all are compelled to ask that question being in the same or very similar situation.
Eggzackly! But you have to be a cooperative component, too. And when that's the case, you're on a roll.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 01-29-2019, 01:52 AM
Cypocryphy's Avatar
Cypocryphy Cypocryphy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Three Sheets to the West
Posts: 1,587
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Hi, there and thank you for your kind words.
I think if it is the same question coming at the same time, or very close to it, then the answer is the same. 80% of your querents is still a very small part of the humans in the world, so I don't see why their same question can't all validly have the same answer. In fact, I have difficulty accepting that the answer wouldn't be the same.
Just my thoughts, and good luck with the grind. I have a friend who does similar work, and it's a load!
You're welcome! OMG! It's a total load. I should be working right now. But I'm tired.

Yeah. I'll calculate the Almuten. I'll find something that "fits" one way or another. So for house placement. Lord 1 in 6th house. Lady thought I was B.S.ing her. I told her she works in the medical field and is looking to be promoted. (won't get in the details). Then BAM. She comes back and I've restored faith. People don't like hearing what they don't want to hear. That's the problem. So you tell them the truth, they get P.O.d, and then write a bad review. It happens sometimes.

I mean, some of this stuff one doesn't even need to do astrology or have clairvoyance or clairaudience. One lady's boyfriend was moving far away and wanted to know how the relationship is going to go. What the heck? I told her I see her visiting him in November. She didn't like that and wanted to know if they'll still have a loving relationship. And I was like ... What the HECK?! "No. You're not. He's not living far away from you. Unless you are happy with a phone call now and then and text messages, until those get boring." It's not rocket science. I did cast a chart before I thought about it like that but only because the chart showed that.

So there's a lot of dumb questions and lack of common sense. Not always.

Also. People test you. I don't even do astrology sometimes. I'm comfortable writing answers and those seem to be right. Like automatic writing. But the questions come so fast and furious for that other business that I can't do that. So I have to use tarot cards. I've never looked at a book in my life for what they mean. That's the best way to get it wrong. You've got to just go with what comes to you. You can't even "think." The moment you start thinking you're going to be wrong.

Anyway, that was a rant.
__________________
"The mind suitable for foreknowledge obtains the truth more than the one practicing the art the most."
– Ptolemy (Centiloquy)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cypocryphy For This Useful Post:
BlackLioness87 (01-29-2019)
  #20  
Unread 01-29-2019, 01:59 AM
Cypocryphy's Avatar
Cypocryphy Cypocryphy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Three Sheets to the West
Posts: 1,587
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Hey Dirius:

Yeah. Absolutely. I've had to jump from horary to automatic writing and tarot. But I prefer horary because I LIKE IT A LOT. So because of that I'm good at it.

Yeah. But this stuff happens so fast. I've got a timer on my screen showing me how fast I have to answer, and it kind of messes with my "3rd eye." I don't do well under stress in that sense. I like calm, relaxed. When calm, relaxed, I get right to the point and am super accurate.

Yeah. I answer as I receive them but will hunt for correspondence. The chart has to fit the situation. But people like to test me and just say nothing. Like: Hi. I was born 12/8/82 and other person was born 4/29/77." And that's it. No question. No nothing. I'm not supposed to answer that question but I do anyway. It's obvious what they want, and if they aren't asking about a relationship then that's his or her bad. I hate being tested .
__________________
"The mind suitable for foreknowledge obtains the truth more than the one practicing the art the most."
– Ptolemy (Centiloquy)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cypocryphy For This Useful Post:
BlackLioness87 (01-29-2019)
  #21  
Unread 02-02-2019, 08:59 PM
ThaBadbrey Asar ThaBadbrey Asar is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

In Response to Cypocryphy:
Firstly, I completely understand your Frustration and can relate to what you are describing here. I Myself work as a Professional Astrologer and Specialise Primarily in Horary Astrology. However, a few years ago after ploughing through a large quantity of Ancient Astrological Literature, I had had enough of remaining within my own comfort zone as a Practicing Astrologer and wanted to gain more Practical Knowledge in terms of the Application of Horary Astrology.

At the Time, I felt that that having a Growing List of Regular Private Clients was all well and Good. However I also felt that it was gradually Conditioning Me into creating a Psychological-Bubble or “Comfort-Cushion”, whereby my Astrological Skills were not being Thoroughly put to the Test! (IE: Some Clients would have come to Me via “Word of Mouth” recommendation, and would therefore be reluctant to Point Out if part of My Delineation was Inaccurate from their perspective. This was usually due to the respect that they would also already have for Me as an Astrologer).
I therefore decided to regularly devote a portion of my Time towards Venturing Out onto the Street, and giving Free Sample Horary Readings to random Members of the General Public.

At first I was slightly Nervous & Excited. But at the same Time I was looking forward to being Harshly Criticised by Members of the Public, for “Not Being Accurate in My Delineation”. Why? Because by constantly being put to the test, I would be able to quickly Iron-Out any Flaws I may have in my Delineation of the Horary Chart in Question. So I created a “Banner” displaying “Astrological Readings Available Here – Free Sample Questions!”. I then proceeded to Walk on the Street with it strapped to my back and began Providing Astrological Readings to the Public via Horary.

Upon setting out, I made sure to keep a constant Mental-Note of which Astrological Sign was Rising upon the Tropical-Ascendant from Minute to Minute at all Times of the Planetary Day. Plus, I also kept a perpetual ongoing Mental-Calculation & Arithmetical-Log of the Current Tropical-Zodiacal Place of Our Lady The Moon, her Last Aspectual Separations & Her Next Planetary Aspects, as well as the position of all of the Planets down to the Sign, House & Degree of Longitude, and the Current Planetary Hour.

When Providing each Sample Horary Reading, I found that 70 – 80% of the Time, I was told that I was Accurate in Answering each Question from the Public. However, sometimes I would be told that I was “Slightly InAccurate”, and at times “Completely Off!”. Many a Time however, I found that this was due to the Misinterpretation of what “Horary” actually is, and the fact that a large majority of the General Public, have no idea how to properly phrase a “Horary Question”. Therefore they would ask what I would perceive as “Idiotic Questions”, that Do Not Need a Horary Chart in order to be Answered. Or they would ask a purposely “Broad, Vague &/Or Insincere” Question, resulting in a Chart that can only result in an extremely “Vague Answer”. However despite this, at other Times, I would still end up providing an answer that was deemed to be “Truthfully InAccurate” by the Querent. Although this sort of Criticism was Exactly what I went looking for in the first place, it still Haunted Me, and drove Me to be more determined to get to the bottom of it. I would return to my Headquarters and ponder upon what mistakes were made, and how to rectify them in future.

After a lot of “Pacing Up & Down from Corner to Corner, a lot of Re-Reading of the Ancient Horary Texts, and a lot of Frustrational-Head-Scratching. I came to a Sudden Realisation! It soon became apparent to Me, that “The Horary Chart of The Moment” was NOT Adequate enough when it came to Delineating Questions from Multiple Clients within a short space of Time. Moreover, in my opinion, it is almost Impossible to use the same Ascendant of the Moment, to answer The Same or Similar Question for x2 or More Clients and deduce an Accurate response. Why?!?!? Because, each Client is a completely different Individual, with a completely Unique and Individual Magnetic Field of their own.
Based upon this Realisation, I therefore came to the following Conclusion….

The Horary Chart of the Moment MUST be Mentally Manipulated by both the Astrologer and the Client, in order for it to become Unique to the Querent. Then and ONLY then, will it Adequately & Efficiently Reflect the Situational Circumstance of the Querent in Question. I also concluded that this approach would also help to filter through the “Astrological SmokeScreen” created by those who choose to Ask Questions that are Purposely Vague, or Deliberately Designed to Obscure what their True Query Actually Is.

Over Time I found a way to extract the relevant “Individual Energetic Signature” from the Querent, in order to generate an Adequate Horary Chart that directly relates to them upon a personal level, regardless of the Question. Hence, this practise evolved into the creation of Horary Charts using what many Astrologers would deem as “Unconventional-Means”. I began to create Mental Horary Charts based upon Numbers that are Submitted by the Person asking the Question. This later evolved into creating Charts based upon the Number of Syllables present within the Querents’ Speech Pattern, as well as the Colours they were wearing and/or their Individual Bodily Posturing. After adopting this approach, I found that Accuracy in Delineation Increased almost Immediately! So much so that I was able to take this approach to a couple of “Online Companies” an work as a “Freelance Reader”, answering Multiple Horary Questions with a High Degree of Accuracy at High-Speed.

So in response to the Original Question that started this Thread, based upon Personal Experience, “Horary Astrology” can be adopted to Answer Multiple Questions at High Speed while getting Questions “Every Second To Minute”. But the “Conventional Chart of the Moment” doesn’t change quickly enough to become unique, if the Questions come in Too Fast and in Multiples at a Time. Therefore, “The Horary Chart of The Moment” must be Mentally Manipulated in order to have it become Unique to each Querent.

Based upon what you have already stated, I can assume that you are already a Highly Adept Horary Practitioner, and no doubt already have All of the Basics Embedded into your Subconscious. Therefore, through your Own Individualised Experimentation, you should be able to devise a Unique Methodology of your Own that can Adequately Solve this Issue. However, if you would like any pointers or assistance, Feel Free drop Me a Private Message and I will be glad to Assist where I can.

Thanks!
ThaBadbrey Herbalist Asar, Ancient Astrologer.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThaBadbrey Asar For This Useful Post:
BlackLioness87 (02-06-2019), Cypocryphy (02-07-2019)
  #22  
Unread 02-07-2019, 06:02 PM
Cypocryphy's Avatar
Cypocryphy Cypocryphy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Three Sheets to the West
Posts: 1,587
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBadbrey Asar View Post
In Response to Cypocryphy:
Firstly, I completely understand your Frustration and can relate to what you are describing here. I Myself work as a Professional Astrologer and Specialise Primarily in Horary Astrology. However, a few years ago after ploughing through a large quantity of Ancient Astrological Literature, I had had enough of remaining within my own comfort zone as a Practicing Astrologer and wanted to gain more Practical Knowledge in terms of the Application of Horary Astrology [...]

Wow!! Thanks for this wonderful reply!!1 I'm super pressed on time, so I'm going to try to reply properly this weekend. But I had to respond to you.

I think that's brilliant what you've done. I too have finagled ways that are not traditional. But to be honest, I have had to rely on intuition because I have a timer and if I take like 30 seconds to respond, I'm reprimanded. So that's not good.

I just have to disengage the mind and let it flow. But I WANT TO CHECK MY HORARY CHART!!! I love it!

Anyway, I'lll get back to you.

P.S. Arabic Parts are super helpful sometimes, so I'll use those too. Much more often than otherwise. Anyway, talk soon!
__________________
"The mind suitable for foreknowledge obtains the truth more than the one practicing the art the most."
– Ptolemy (Centiloquy)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 03-10-2019, 09:30 PM
Cypocryphy's Avatar
Cypocryphy Cypocryphy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Three Sheets to the West
Posts: 1,587
Re: For Professional Astrologers – Getting questions every second to minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBadbrey Asar View Post
I therefore decided to regularly devote a portion of my Time towards Venturing Out onto the Street, and giving Free Sample Horary Readings to random Members of the General Public.
That’s super commendable! I don’t know if I could do that. Well, maybe. Depends, whether permitting and location. I could see setting up a stand in a cafe or certain cafes.

Quote:
At first I was slightly Nervous & Excited. But at the same Time I was looking forward to being Harshly Criticised by Members of the Public, for “Not Being Accurate in My Delineation”. Why? Because by constantly being put to the test, I would be able to quickly Iron-Out any Flaws I may have in my Delineation of the Horary Chart in Question. So I created a “Banner” displaying “Astrological Readings Available Here – Free Sample Questions!”. I then proceeded to Walk on the Street with it strapped to my back and began Providing Astrological Readings to the Public via Horary.
Yeah!!! I totally related. You have to put your head on the chopping block if you want to progress. That’s an absolute. That’s super cool

Quote:
Upon setting out, I made sure to keep a constant Mental-Note of which Astrological Sign was Rising upon the Tropical-Ascendant from Minute to Minute at all Times of the Planetary Day. Plus, I also kept a perpetual ongoing Mental-Calculation & Arithmetical-Log of the Current Tropical-Zodiacal Place of Our Lady The Moon, her Last Aspectual Separations & Her Next Planetary Aspects, as well as the position of all of the Planets down to the Sign, House & Degree of Longitude, and the Current Planetary Hour.
ooooh. Interesting ....

Quote:
When Providing each Sample Horary Reading, I found that 70 – 80% of the Time, I was told that I was Accurate in Answering each Question from the Public. However, sometimes I would be told that I was “Slightly InAccurate”, and at times “Completely Off!”. Many a Time however, I found that this was due to the Misinterpretation of what “Horary” actually is, and the fact that a large majority of the General Public, have no idea how to properly phrase a “Horary Question”. Therefore they would ask what I would perceive as “Idiotic Questions”, that Do Not Need a Horary Chart in order to be Answered. Or they would ask a purposely “Broad, Vague &/Or Insincere” Question, resulting in a Chart that can only result in an extremely “Vague Answer”. However despite this, at other Times, I would still end up providing an answer that was deemed to be “Truthfully InAccurate” by the Querent. Although this sort of Criticism was Exactly what I went looking for in the first place, it still Haunted Me, and drove Me to be more determined to get to the bottom of it. I would return to my Headquarters and ponder upon what mistakes were made, and how to rectify them in future.

As a side note, I have found occasionally that when I’m right I’ll be told I’m wrong because of a reluctance or even abhorrence to hear the truth. For example, I told a woman her partner his mad at her, which caused her to provide me with a scathing review (after several good ones) and explained to me “that she would never get mad at her partner because they shared one soul and to get mad at him would be like getting mad at herself.” What that means exactly I have no idea. If I had said she was mad at herself would she understand she was mad at her partner?

Quote:
After a lot of “Pacing Up & Down from Corner to Corner, a lot of Re-Reading of the Ancient Horary Texts, and a lot of Frustrational-Head-Scratching. I came to a Sudden Realisation! It soon became apparent to Me, that “The Horary Chart of The Moment” was NOT Adequate enough when it came to Delineating Questions from Multiple Clients within a short space of Time. Moreover, in my opinion, it is almost Impossible to use the same Ascendant of the Moment, to answer The Same or Similar Question for x2 or More Clients and deduce an Accurate response. Why?!?!? Because, each Client is a completely different Individual, with a completely Unique and Individual Magnetic Field of their own.
Based upon this Realisation, I therefore came to the following Conclusion….

Quote:
The Horary Chart of the Moment MUST be Mentally Manipulated by both the Astrologer and the Client, in order for it to become Unique to the Querent. Then and ONLY then, will it Adequately & Efficiently Reflect the Situational Circumstance of the Querent in Question. I also concluded that this approach would also help to filter through the “Astrological SmokeScreen” created by those who choose to Ask Questions that are Purposely Vague, or Deliberately Designed to Obscure what their True Query Actually Is.
Yeah! I can completely understand that. I should point out that devisionally, with the ascendant and Midheaven moving a degree every 4 minutes (approximately) depending on latitutude and sign, each single degree can have its own meaning. I will say no more, but if you’d be interested, feel free to PM me. I’ve known this for about 12 years now.

Quote:
Over Time I found a way to extract the relevant “Individual Energetic Signature” from the Querent, in order to generate an Adequate Horary Chart that directly relates to them upon a personal level, regardless of the Question. Hence, this practise evolved into the creation of Horary Charts using what many Astrologers would deem as “Unconventional-Means”. I began to create Mental Horary Charts based upon Numbers that are Submitted by the Person asking the Question. This later evolved into creating Charts based upon the Number of Syllables present within the Querents’ Speech Pattern, as well as the Colours they were wearing and/or their Individual Bodily Posturing. After adopting this approach, I found that Accuracy in Delineation Increased almost Immediately! So much so that I was able to take this approach to a couple of “Online Companies” an work as a “Freelance Reader”, answering Multiple Horary Questions with a High Degree of Accuracy at High-Speed.
This is reminiscent of KP Jyotish or Vedic astrology. Numbers are huge with names, etc. for giving quick readings. I work with a lot of astrologers from India. But this also sounds as if you are adjusting your vibration to theirs to provide psychic readings on some level?

Quote:
So in response to the Original Question that started this Thread, based upon Personal Experience, “Horary Astrology” can be adopted to Answer Multiple Questions at High Speed while getting Questions “Every Second To Minute”. But the “Conventional Chart of the Moment” doesn’t change quickly enough to become unique, if the Questions come in Too Fast and in Multiples at a Time. Therefore, “The Horary Chart of The Moment” must be Mentally Manipulated in order to have it become Unique to each Querent.
I agree completely. I have started using Arabic parts, which is easy for me as I’m a fan of cosmobiology or Uranian astrology. This can help quite a bit. But to be honest. I will just use intuition and a deck of cards or tarot cards as a stepping stone. I don’t have books telling me what the cards mean. I just go with feelings, etc. I couldn’t find any other way when being timed. For example, I have 5 minutes to answer 10 questions. By the time I enter a birth chart or erect a horary chart and analyze, I’ve already wasted a minute or two. And that’s not good.

Quote:
Based upon what you have already stated, I can assume that you are already a Highly Adept Horary Practitioner, and no doubt already have All of the Basics Embedded into your Subconscious. Therefore, through your Own Individualised Experimentation, you should be able to devise a Unique Methodology of your Own that can Adequately Solve this Issue. However, if you would like any pointers or assistance, Feel Free drop Me a Private Message and I will be glad to Assist where I can.
I’m working on it! I have an amalgamation of astrology and other methods, e.g. tarot, to get the right answer. I have something called claircogniance; one of my talents, maybe my strongest at the moment. So I “cheat” a bit. But I swear by Arabic Parts and Degrees unto themselves.

I want to do what you did but can’t find the time, so I’m really thrilled that you posted because it gave me a fantastic idea that I’d like to utilize soon here.

Quote:
Thanks!
ThaBadbrey Herbalist Asar, Ancient Astrologer.
The pleasure is all mine, I assure you.
__________________
"The mind suitable for foreknowledge obtains the truth more than the one practicing the art the most."
– Ptolemy (Centiloquy)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 04-05-2019, 03:59 PM
Sagrada sabedoria Sagrada sabedoria is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypocryphy View Post
Hello everyone,

What do you do when you get a question every 30 seconds to a minute (high speed horary) and 80 percent of them are the same question. I'm thinking horary is useless at this point unless all 80 percent are in comparable situations. It's driving me bonkers because I don't feel comfortable just letting images come to mind because sometimes I don't know what they signify. It's easier with the charts but surely not all 80 percent of people are going to have comparable answers. That would be ludicrous.

So I'm not sure what to do here. I think horary is useless at this point. I thought about casting it at their location (this is online) but often I don't have their physical location. (And no. At this place I can't ask them where there location is ... or maybe I can in some situations.)

Anyone run into this problem? The subtle changes from minute to minute are just too subtle.

P.S. I do astrology, but my boss was so impressed with what I did that she thinks I'm psychic, which maybe I am, but a very undeveloped one. Plus, not to be sexist, but guys have a harder time with this stuff. I don't know why. When I was hired, I was given three random charts to interpret. I did the first one and was hired immediately because everything I said was correct but correct with details. I mean, it's astrology. But this is different. 100 questions in 3 hours is too much for horary. It's too much for me just in general. I need time to relax and get into "my zone." Usually I do best when I feel inspired or halfway in sleep mode.
Since I am an apprentice, I study only a few people
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
astrologers, minute, professional, questions

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.