Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Traditional Astrology

Traditional Astrology For discussions on Traditional Astrology only. (Note: Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700 by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renaissance eras. In general, it relies on Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction) though there may be some exceptions, and always excludes modern planets (Neptune, Uranus and Pluto,) as well as any asteroids. The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretation and more on prediction. Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion.)

Unread 02-10-2018, 01:24 AM

Pitted (and Elevated) Degrees?

I'm not even sure how I came across this concept, but I'm slightly intrigued. I can't seem to do a board search, so I would greatly appreciate any information here.

Mainly because of its angularity, I've always regarded the planet Saturn as significant in my chart. However, it's in 14 degrees of Sagittarius - supposedly a "pitted" degree. Does this mean that this planet is effectively neutralized? Mind you, I don't like Saturn, so this wouldn't bother me at all but I'm not totally convinced.

Thanks for any help!

Unread 02-10-2018, 02:51 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: Pitted (and Elevated) Degrees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia8 View Post
I'm not even sure how I came across this concept, but I'm slightly intrigued. I can't seem to do a board search, so I would greatly appreciate any information here.

Mainly because of its angularity, I've always regarded the planet Saturn as significant in my chart. However, it's in 14 degrees of Sagittarius - supposedly a "pitted" degree. Does this mean that this planet is effectively neutralized? Mind you, I don't like Saturn, so this wouldn't bother me at all but I'm not totally convinced.

Thanks for any help!
No. Saturn can't really be neutralized in any chart. Nor can any other planet. It more adds dimension to dilenating how Saturn can perform his duties in the chart. If he's pitted, he finds himself in a well, usually of his own making. Needs to dig himself out of it. If you have a day chart, that's going to be you digging the well (first rule of holes, when you find yourself in one, stop digging.) If it's a night chart, then what Saturn signifies will often find itself in a hole dug against you. Make sense?
magnolia8 (02-10-2018)
Unread 02-10-2018, 03:19 AM

Re: Pitted (and Elevated) Degrees?

The OP might find my thread about elevated and pitted degrees of some interest. I have refreshed this thread for convenience of reference.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
tsmall (02-10-2018)

Tags
degrees, elevated, pitted