Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Traditional Astrology

Traditional Astrology For discussions on Traditional Astrology only. (Note: Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700 by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renaissance eras. In general, it relies on Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction) though there may be some exceptions, and always excludes modern planets (Neptune, Uranus and Pluto,) as well as any asteroids. The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretation and more on prediction. Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion.)

Unread 02-11-2019, 04:05 PM

Re: TIME LORDS - a TRADITIONAL Hellenistic Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
My focus was on everything I mentioned (I know this answer probably doesn't satisfy you)
Oh, It does satisfy me
And believe it or not, but your answer provides me with a lot of useful data
Thank you!

Quote:
Similarly, you've also made some decisions on how you are going to govern your life, which is most likely mirrored in your natal chart. This will have an effect on how the year will play out for you. The natal chart is the root chart - you know this.
Exactly

Quote:
Willing to go into more detail as to how your various chart(s) look?

Yes! Of course I do

The Following User Says Thank You to dd78 For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (02-11-2019)
Unread 02-11-2019, 10:52 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd78 View Post
SO:
1. what are distributions?
I am not Konrad so I could be incorrect but I believe here he means directions, as in primary directions

Quote:
2. how important is the use of the rulership by exaltation?
It is very important, as long as you understand why. Domicile rulers run the house no matter what. And of course you notice that while every sign has a ruler, not every sign has an exaltatio ruler. Think of it like...a bonus. Exaltation rulers have the ability to produce great things, though they are usually not as "long lasting" as what domicile rulers produce.

Quote:
Does one use it by default in every type of delineation?
I mean that's rather broad. While this thread is ostensibly about Time Lords in general, even the title implies there is only one procedure. Which has led this thread to focus on the most well known/most use; profections. I have used exaltation rulers in horary, but only if they are "signifying." Sticking to profections, yes you want to consider if a sign is activated then so are both the domicile and exaltation rulers, along with any planets in that sign.

You guys are making the concept of profections/LoY way more complicated than it needs to be. I lectured on this at SOTA this past October, using John McCain's chart, and four or five (I can't remember now how many I included) Solar Return charts. I read most (though admittedly not all) of the replies here and it looks like one of the hang ups is that we profect by sign. That's astrologerese for "use whole signs when calculating profections." That's it. No one looks at a profected chart; they are NEVER read as stand alone charts. The idea is to see who's playing, and who is on the bench. Some years, like last year for me, you get everydamn body with skin in the game. (Libra rising, activating Venus and Saturn, with Venus as LoY and Saturn as ELoy), but because I have Sun, Mercury and Jupiter also in Libra? Let's just say that it was a VERY busy year and a ton of stuff happened. I didn't know if I was coming or going, upside down or right side up.

This year is a second house profection, Scorpio, and for a wonder only one planet is activated. Though Mars is busy in my Natal, not so much in the SR. That said, it's already evident that transits to and from Mars are VERY potent this year.

(I can't guarantee that the topsy turveyness is over, but I have time this week. If anyone is interested in the John McCain examples I can post the slides and walk through the charts.)

Last edited by tsmall; 02-11-2019 at 10:57 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tsmall For This Useful Post:
dd78 (02-12-2019), JUPITERASC (02-11-2019), SunConjunctUranus (02-11-2019)
Unread 02-11-2019, 11:06 PM

One vote for the example here
dd78 (02-12-2019), SunConjunctUranus (02-11-2019), tsmall (02-12-2019)
Unread 02-12-2019, 12:49 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Deleted off topic comments.
Unread 02-12-2019, 02:29 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Profections/John McCain thread here.

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...492#post950492
dd78 (02-12-2019)
Unread 02-12-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall View Post
I am not Konrad so I could be incorrect but I believe here he means directions, as in primary directions
It doesn`t matter who answers as long the answer is clear and helpful

Quote:
It is very important, as long as you understand why. Domicile rulers run the house no matter what. And of course you notice that while every sign has a ruler, not every sign has an exaltatio ruler. Think of it like...a bonus. Exaltation rulers have the ability to produce great things, though they are usually not as "long lasting" as what domicile rulers produce.

This is a great explanation! It clarifies a lot !
Thank you so much , tsmall!

Knowing this leaves significantly less questions to bbe asked

So, just to make sure it clicked, the steps to follow are:

1. determine which profected year you`re in
2. determine which house of natal chart it is and what sign is at its cusp
3. determine which planet rules that sign by domicile (and exaltation, if applicable) - it`s the LOY (and eLOY) and if there are any planets in that sign of natal chart
4. examine condition of the LOY (and eLOY) in the natal chart

And at this point I get confused, because I`m not sure if I consider:

a) the planet`s nature (malefic vs. benefic) as the most important factor in delineation (and only then its condition in natal)

b) its condition in natal chart as the most important and its nature as a secondary consideration

Quote:
(I can't guarantee that the topsy turveyness is over, but I have time this week. If anyone is interested in the John McCain examples I can post the slides and walk through the charts.)
Yes, please do post these examples!
Thank you!
JUPITERASC (02-12-2019)
Unread 02-12-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:

Yes, please do post these examples!
Thank you!
the examples are at the John McCain thread link

Quote:

Profections/John McCain thread here.

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...492#post950492
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
dd78 (02-12-2019)
Unread 02-12-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
the examples are at the John McCain thread link
Thank you!
JUPITERASC (02-12-2019)

Tags
hellenistic, lords, procedure, time, traditional