Does south node represent karma or your past life/ past lives?

sentR89day

It's possible that it represents your comfort zone because it's what you played out in your past lives a lot. Me personally, I have South node in 2nd house and I'm very good with money, for sure. I even love putting together an excel spreadsheet and calculating income and expenses! I do, at the end of the day, have north node in 8th House though, which means I'm supposed to share resources with another and have a super intimate relationship, and I do feel drawn to my 8th house tbh.

I have two friends who have their North and south nodes reversed from mine. They have 8th house south node, and boy do they like their sex, and historically they haven't been the best with amassing resources. :lol: :lol:

I'm their 2nd house teacher and they're my 8th house teachers :biggrin:

I also noticed that South Nodes in the 8th houses/Scorpio have a hard time forgiving! :lol:

sentR89day

The North Node is like your veggies, you don't want to eat it, but it's good for you!

I think the soul is more bold than people like to admit, I swear that some souls choose to have a personality disorder, in some lifetimes! It's hard, but it's nice soul growth! :bandit:

But, if a psychopathic soul kills someone, or hurts too many people, it has to come back and balance the consequences! Cheat and be cheated on, kill and be killed!

As for the South Node, it can be leftover past life karma! For example, I had unexplainable health issues (South Node in Virgo, 6th house) the first 15 years of my life! By the time I was around 15, they all disappeared! As if a spillover from some bygone era! I'm an Aries rising by the way!

A girl I knew with a South Node in the 8th had bullies until she was like 18, 7th to 12th grade was hell for her! Sounds like an 8th house, past life, leftover, power play! It's a who can dominate another type of game, those bullies were playing, very 8th house-ish!

Last edited:

sentR89day

It's funny because I've read on many sources basically "SN = BAD" and "NN = GOOD" and I used to actually believe that until experience haha. I wonder where that comes from.

Ellen Degeneres used her North Node in Scorpio in a negative way, sometimes! She was power hungry, and it bit her in the end! So, I do agree, a person can definitely over play their North Node! :devil:

Humanitarian

The North Node is like your veggies, you don't want to eat it, but it's good for you!

I think the soul is more bold than people like to admit, I swear that some souls choose to have a personality disorder, in some lifetimes! It's hard, but it's nice soul growth! :bandit:

But, if a psychopathic soul kills someone, or hurts too many people, it has to come back and balance the consequences! Cheat and be cheated on, kill and be killed!

As for the South Node, it can be leftover past life karma! For example, I had unexplainable health issues (South Node in Virgo, 6th house) the first 15 years of my life! By the time I was around 15, they all disappeared! As if a spillover from some bygone era! I'm an Aries rising by the way!

A girl I knew with a South Node in the 8th had bullies until she was like 18, 7th to 12th grade was hell for her! Sounds like an 8th house, past life, leftover, power play! It's a who can dominate another type of game, those bullies were playing, very 8th house-ish!
I have a Cancer South Node in 2nd house and my moneys i obtained were all give to my family

CapAquaPis

My SN in 29-30' Aquarius cusp Pisces explains my ability to closely related to people either with a late sun Aquarius or early sun Pisces and similarly the moon sign in the range of 315'-345' in the astrological zodiac year which is made up of 360' degrees. Lovers/partners, close friends and any relatives I have with these birthdays (from Feb 4-26 specifically) are the most compatible. And my own late Mom (my first thanksgiving without her will be a saddening one) has a moon in the Aquarius/Pisces cusp but she has a 9-11' Taurus sun.

CapAquaPis

Looking at the SN and ASC (a past life or reincarnation experiences) and the TN and DSC (our present life and future lives we may have), it comes to show we know from reading natal charts of what we been through and what we might expect to happen to us. To have a SN in Aquarius 8th, ASC in Cancer, TN in Leo 2nd and DSC in Capricorn (my own recollection of life in astrological terms), its telling me a difficulty in obtaining true health, wealth, happiness, social life and overall a stable emotional state and individual sense of self has been damaged. The midpoints are in Aries 10th vs. Libra in 4th so close to Midheaven and IC is to have a rabid progression of highs and lows in this life I'm currently dwelling.

And it's firmly been said we have on average 15 lives, 14 previous ones and I'm certain we'll have the next (and final?) life ahead of us. Each one of our past and current lives in the late 20th-early 21st century period is represented by a sign: the first being Virgo and the last determined by Libra. There are like 4 parazodiacs to consider: Ophiuchus, Cetus, Orion and Aquila (and Sextans, a modern constellation, Virgo could be the earliest life experiences of humanity before we evolved into homo sapiens, and Draco or Hydra between Virgo and Libra is our future unless we evolve into another, newer species of humanity).

I see the South Node as representing your most recent past life, at least, because I have my South Node in the 9th house. I was told by a channeled group that in my last life before this one, I lived in India, and travelled to England. This channel is a benevolent teacher that my wife and I have trusted for many years. He said that in my recent past life, I gave medical advice in my travel from India to England. I have mercury/jupiter and mercury/uranus midpoints on my moon's nodes, also reflecting this travel and education. I believe this past life description is all true, partly because when I was a kid, I had a fondness for Nehru shirts, imported Indian tapestries, as well as Indian music. Anyways, my south node in Gemini in my ninth house indicates the travel and education that the channel told me about.

Bunraku

The south node represents cultural enrichment and the things that were/are already present, things that you can immerse yourself in with its rich histories and intricacies. The north node represents the formation and integration of new ideas and beliefs.

blacksun?

Having a first house South Node conjunct Chiron Ive always struggled to find out what the hell it is, and after 20 years or so Ive come to the soft conclusion that the North Node represents that which contains powers you have absolutely zero knowledge of and which still represent you. So its a very dangerous place and yet also the place where perhaps the greatest strides can be made.

I am a healer and occultist and wounded soul-hermit teacher of heroes (and villains) so I identity pretty well with Chiron, it is very weird to have it in te first house, and Aries, and to be tasked with the opposite sign. Very difficult I tell ya.

But from studies of other charts Ive seen this recur, that the North Node is a very hard to grasp place for people; with planets placed on the North Node, the natives seem to have the powers of these planets but not the faintest clue what to do with them at first. When they do, they become mavericks, people with very unexpected and quite unstoppable expressions of these planets.

Osamenor

Staff member
I am a healer and occultist and wounded soul-hermit teacher of heroes (and villains) so I identity pretty well with Chiron, it is very weird to have it in te first house, and Aries, and to be tasked with the opposite sign. Very difficult I tell ya.

It sounds like you work with clients, individually? That's a seventh house indicator. Very Libran, too: seeking balance and harmony, helping others find theirs.

And how did you learn your skills? Surely you worked with one or more teachers along the way, and/or practitioners. That's also seventh house.

Aries is a very individualistic, self oriented sign. "I can do it myself, no need for others" is a very Aries attitude. South node in the first house also speaks to a deeply ingrained sense that you must stand on your own, can't count on others, must do it all yourself. The counterbalance of north node in the seventh then provides some sense of interdependence, sometimes needing to depend on others and learning that you can.

Helping yourself by helping others is a great way to integrate the two.

Osamenor

Staff member
I see the South Node as representing your most recent past life, at least, because I have my South Node in the 9th house. I was told by a channeled group that in my last life before this one, I lived in India, and travelled to England. This channel is a benevolent teacher that my wife and I have trusted for many years. He said that in my recent past life, I gave medical advice in my travel from India to England. I have mercury/jupiter and mercury/uranus midpoints on my moon's nodes, also reflecting this travel and education. I believe this past life description is all true, partly because when I was a kid, I had a fondness for Nehru shirts, imported Indian tapestries, as well as Indian music. Anyways, my south node in Gemini in my ninth house indicates the travel and education that the channel told me about.
And how has your current life mirrored that?

What I've found in exploring past life node stories is that if the story is told right, there's always some echo of it in the current life. Typically in the early part of the current life. In some cases, there's a return to and revamping of the theme later in life, or throughout the life.

North node in Sagittarius/third house would indicate very similar themes to Gemini/ninth. Sounds like this is a lifetime to further explore what's gone before.

CapAquaPis

It's possible when I had a progressed Mercury conjunct my SN in the 2000s, my life appeared to have improved in the period of 2002-2013, the opposite of digression and depression in 1990 to 2001 (I turned 21 back then).

leomoon

I was once told that having the NorthNode in Gemini, is the sign of it's exaltation. I have this placement in the 11th in an air sign and air house conjunct Uranus. The Astrologer told me in the 70s, that it symbolized having had past lives of a Sag nature, having incorporated a lot of information in the past and in this lifetime (SN in Sag) and I was meant to impart a lot of information. I don't know if its true or not., but I have (it seems) imparted as much as I felt comfortable doing in the areas of spiritual growth. Uranus trine Neptune quintile MC.

IF i could re-do my past, there are a few (very few), I'd not have given this precious information to. I'm reminded of Jesus warning, in the parable of the Pearls.

Last edited:

dr. farr

In answer to the original OP question, yes I believe the SN represents karma, but no moreso than does the NN and indeed the placement of all planets, signs & stars in the natal chart.

AstroPunter86

I've noticed that the South Node is like a dead-end. People who are in their SN energy seem like they're "giving up" at least for a moment. Following the energy of your North Node requires a lot of effort but usually makes things happen in life.

Osamenor

Staff member
All,

I've moved the non-astrological discussion on reincarnation to the Spiritual Realm board. Please go there if you want to continue that line of discussion. This thread is strictly astrology. Please keep it that way.

On topic,
Osamenor

Harmelia

I was just wondering if it represents your past life or your past lives or if it simply represents what you've achieved in this life so far as well as in other lives (if you have lived other lives that is).
I think the entire natal chart represents where we left off in the past life - so you could say, that karma is built into it. The South Node is more specific to familiar territory - we embody the sign's qualities, the good ones but also at least one bad quality, because it represents a wound we've come to heal this time around. The wound is important to understand because if we don't heal it this time, we'll be coming again in another lifetime to heal it. In a very big way, the South Node describes us as well or even better as the Sun's placement, although the Sun, Moon and ASC do form the core of our personalities. Definitely. And so, yes, I also think that the SN can represent some karma - both good and bad.

Lonerose99

The SN sign and house is past karma already worked out, karma stored from another life that you bring to this one. Hence the familiarity and ease displaying it in this one.
The NN sign and house is the karma you have yet to learn and integrate into this life.