Saturn was never Domicled in Aquarius

david starling

For Modernist astrologers, there are 3 major astrological Planets BEYOND Saturn. They exist for us as major influences in their OWN right.

Even if we INCLUDE the Domicile-rulerships as seen in Traditionalist astrology, NOT ONE SIGN has more than ONE DOMICILE-RULER PER SIGN.

As FULL-FLEDGED, Modernist influences, there's NO REASON WHATSOEVER why the OUTERMOST 3 shouldn't EACH have its OWN Domicile-sign.

No sense straddling the fence.

katydid

I mean if you really want to go down this road, I would take it much further.

Aries - Mars
Taurus - Earth
Gemini - Mercury
Cancer - Moon
Leo - Sun
Virgo - Asteroids/Vulcan
Libra - Venus
Scorpio - Pluto
Sagittarius - Jupiter
Capricorn - Saturn
Aquarius - Uranus
Pisces - Neptune

Could Virgo be ruled by Chiron?

david starling

Is that necessary?

Only 2 Planets are INSIDE Earth's orbit around the Sun. And for reason, they appear as BOTH Morning AND Evening Stars.

So, that gives them the ability to be Domiciled in 2 DIFFERENT Signs.

In Ancient Sumeria, where recorded history as we know it began, Inanna/Ishtar was goddess of Justice, wielding a sword as Morningstar, and goddess of erotic Love, as Evening-star.

Given that the Sign Libra involves the Scales of Justice, that would be the Domicile-sign of Morningstar Venus, and Earthy Sign Taurus would be her Domicile-sign of her alter ego, the Evening-star.

Tricky Mercury is also both a Morningstar and Evening-star, and is also entitled to 2 Domicile-signs. It's not as clear as in the case of Venus, but I'm inclined to have the Morningstar version of Mercury Domicled in Gemini, and in his guise as an Evening-star, Virgo would be his Domicile-sign.

waybread

For Modernist astrologers, there are 3 major astrological Planets BEYOND Saturn. They exist for us as major influences in their OWN right.

Even if we INCLUDE the Domicile-rulerships as seen in Traditionalist astrology, NOT ONE SIGN has more than ONE DOMICILE-RULER PER SIGN.

As FULL-FLEDGED, Modernist influences, there's NO REASON WHATSOEVER why the OUTERMOST 3 shouldn't EACH have its OWN Domicile-sign.

No sense straddling the fence.

David, it's not about straddling the fence. It's about seeing what works in chart interpretation. I learned modern natal chart interpretation, but when I decided to look at traditional rulers as well, I found they also had interpretive value.

Particularly in horary astrology, I use the modern outers as supplementary data points when relevant, but I use the traditional domiciles for house cusp and sign rulers.

Horary is very time sensitive, and a planet like Pluto hanging out in one sign for 20 years just skews the results.

I think modern astrology is flexible and pragmatic enough to include a certain amount of tradition. Which we do anyway.

waybread

I wouldn't.

Virgo has so many rulerships besides health; and apart from medical astrology I don't conflate signs and houses. Chiron actually isn't a planet, but has properties resembling both asteroids (Centaurs) and comets.

The centaur of Sagittarius was probably Chiron (Kheiron.)

AppLeo

I don't see why not, honestly. I also thought that Saturn would ruler over Virgo as well. The Hermit tarot card is Virgo, and that seems very Saturnian to me. Mercury would fit ruling over Aquarius instead.

Personally, I still follow the traditional rulerships. I think asteroids and outers provide extra flavor or icing, not the main entree.

Bunraku

You guys talk as if you haven't met people before. I attract many aquarians in my life (unfortunately), and they're like you and me. :) They bleed the same as you do, the eat, they go to the bathroom like all of us do...

I think it's important we move away from stereotypes. They can make mistakes out of impulse, have emotions, cry, laugh, feel deeply, care greatly, and can be passionate about many things. :)

waybread

Agreed, Bunraku. I have the sun, Venus, and Mercury in Aquarius, with sun trine Uranus on my MC.

One thing to note is that Saturn rules old age. As Aquarians age, they will usually become more Saturnine.

CapAquaPis

I have drastic concerns on Saturn transmits my natal moon (20' Aquarius) in Feb 2022 and natal sun (26' Aquarius) in Feb 2023. The first 10 degrees of the very sign Saturn transits in Jan-Apr 2021 had me contracted COVID in Jan and then my own Mom died of RSV in Mar. I hafta say Saturn can be very malefic to me when it's in my sun sign this year and it'll continue my bad luck next year.

CapAquaPis

Saturn-Uranus oppositions in the late 1910s-early 1920s, much of the 1960s and late 2000s-early 2010s were highly tense. In the 1917-21 period, Saturn was in Leo opposite an Uranus in Aquarius (the modern ruling sign) and in the 1963-69 period, Saturn in Pisces opposite Uranus in Virgo. The last opposition of these 2 planets in 2007-11 period, Saturn in Libra opposite Uranus in Aries.