Let's go fly a kite!

Anamikaa

And yet here you are, in an astrology forum. Doesn't look to me like you decided not to believe in astrology! Or are you on the fence about it?

No, it's because I wanted a second opinion here but I haven't been able to find it yet. I personally don't consider Astrology a science but rather a pseudoscience, so it still matters somewhere down the line. Still, with all that negativity she induced in me about my birth chart, I am trying to find a ray of hope. Also, the stuff she told me about my life were not true, so I became more skeptical.

Frisiangal

In studying the effect of a kite figure in a chart, would aspects to the angles but without a conjunct planet be considered as a kite figure in its own right?

I have such a chart on file. A grand trine in Earth when ASC. is included, with Moon conjunct DESC. in opposition at apex, sextile to grand trine planets.

Or would the status of the Angle ruler be of more influence?

Doing a Google search, the following quote came from Lynn Koiner's astrological research site:
BLACK DRAGON
In Europe, kite patterns are referred to as Dragons because of the great power and energy that they contain. Europeans are more concerned with patterns in a chart.
There is another kite based upon all “inharmonious” aspects – the Black Kite or Black Dragon. It contains an opposition that is crossed by a square at one end. This pattern then creates a series of semi-squares (45�) and sesquiquadrates (135�) to create the pattern of a kite

I've never heard of this pattern. Drawing it produced a long-tailed kite form?

Anyone have such a configuration to share?

Frisiangal

……………. I have a Grand Trine which makes me lazy,.......

A grand trine is indicative of that which is inherent in the individual. It can, yet not necessarily does, suggest one's focal perception on/of life.
The Grand trine between Mercury-Mars-Pluto is in water, in the houses that deal with relating to people. Inclined to follow what one's sensitive, imaginative, and empathetic mind (AIR houses) dictates, rather than what is physically (Earth emphasis) tangible and apparent. Good 'feelers' of situations when not obsessional in thinking to be the victim of one's circumstances.

i have two kite aspect which makes my life difficult, my saturn is in opposition to pluto and venus opposition to Jupiter, so I will never have luck or something like that.

The kite opposition involves the generational Uranus-Neptune in Capricorn. This would suggest 1 general pattern rather than 2 separate ones. In the 9th house it could involve those cultural/belief patterns you follow, in and with which you (do not) find comfort and completely (dis)agree (Mars) because the structure of real life becomes fractured, fragmented, and dissolved.
Your country of birth follows a strong religious/culture pattern.
Is there a desire to set roots or 'retreat' elsewhere (Leo I.C. with Sun in 12?)
to escape a harshness felt, yet for which Mars' inner courage has not yet been discovered (T-square with Sun)?

Saturn-Pluto is not in opposition but in a square aspect. The concept of power (Pluto) over self control (Saturn) or self control of power!
Aquarius desires freedom of spirit; Saturn may inhibit it by sticking to old (and fixed sign) patterns that require the necessity (outer planet influence) of change.
Both Saturn and Pluto also aspect the 12th house Sun IN ARIES !

Venus-Jupiter-Moon T-square might perceive an acceptance from Moon in Capricorn that circumstances cannot change. Happiness (Jupiter) in relationships (Venus) is not possible.
Would this have anything to do with physical issues of the hormonal/weight kind?
Venus is sweetness, Jupiter tends to expand …. also in exaggeration. Together they can 'compensate' for any feelings (Moon) that are not (romantically - Libra) fulfilled (Jupiter).

I believed her for some time but thought of rather not believing in astrology since my chart is that bad and rather work hard without bothering about it

Did she use Eastern or Western astrology influences in interpretation?

With the transit of Saturn and Pluto through Capricorn, you may find that the time is approaching to take a good look at yourself (square Sun) and do (Aries) something about anything you are unhappy with.
In advanced astrology, the Sun is now working through the physical sign of Taurus and is/will sextile Mars.
Working on yourself can replace unhappiness with joy.:smile:

My ½ cent.

Anamikaa

Venus-Jupiter-Moon T-square might perceive an acceptance from Moon in Capricorn that circumstances cannot change. Happiness (Jupiter) in relationships (Venus) is not possible.
Would this have anything to do with physical issues of the hormonal/weight kind?
Venus is sweetness, Jupiter tends to expand …. also in exaggeration. Together they can 'compensate' for any feelings (Moon) that are not (romantically - Libra) fulfilled (Jupiter).

I still don't understand if astrology is speculative or does it predict stuff? Maybe it's a way to spread negativity, I don't know. My relationships with my father, mother, brother, friends, boyfriend are very fulfilling. And I am a thin person. This is what that girl also told me about being fat (she hasn't seen me for years). Maybe she mentioned that it all had to do with Jupiter and she was shocked to learn that I was still thin like she had seen me when we were classmates.

One observation holds true though. My country follows a strict religious/ culture pattern. And I want to move and settle in another country as a diplomat.

Did she use Eastern or Western astrology influences in interpretation?
She uses western but she is a beginner though.

With the transit of Saturn and Pluto through Capricorn, you may find that the time is approaching to take a good look at yourself (square Sun) and do (Aries) something about anything you are unhappy with.
In advanced astrology, the Sun is now working through the physical sign of Taurus and is/will sextile Mars.
Working on yourself can replace unhappiness with joy.:smile:

Really appreciate your analysis and advice.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I still don't understand if astrology is speculative or does it predict stuff?
Both. Reading someone's chart is kind of like being given the script for a new musical--only the script just has the songs, not the spoken dialogue, and no list of characters or description of the scenes, no plot synopsis, nothing else. You have to figure out what the musical is about just based on the theme songs. You don't know the actual plot or details. You don't even necessarily know who all the characters are, and you have to guess at their relationships to each other based on what's in those theme songs. And then, suppose someone asks you what the plot of this musical is. What will you tell them?

The astrologer can see the life themes. They can't see the actual details. A good reading is actually a conversation. The astrologer has to speculate some on how the themes might manifest in the client's life. The client tells the astrologer when they hit pay dirt.

So the prediction part of astrology is all speculation. For example, I can predict when Pluto will square your sun (it's actually happening right now), and I can tell you what some possible Pluto/sun themes are, but only you know what the actual effect on your life is. I could say, maybe you're going through an identity crisis, maybe something in your life is falling apart, maybe you're taking on a lot of power and responsibility. You might tell me none of that is true. Or you might tell me one of those statements is. Or more than one. Or it might be some other manifestation of Pluto/sun that's happening for you.

I started this thread because I wanted a better sense of what a kite's theme tune is like.
Maybe it's a way to spread negativity, I don't know.
It is if the astrologer uses it that way. Which all too many do.

Every practicing astrologer I know says at least half of their practice consists of damage control.

I have a kite, the Grand Trine is: Jupiter in Scorpio, Saturn in Pisces, and Mercury in Cancer. The Saturn is opposite Venus in Virgo (conjunct midheaven and chiron, like ms marilyn monroe :eek: ). I have found that none of my trine energies have kicked in until I found my passion/calling and started working hard on it. Since I have, I find that I am quite lucky. That's all I got so far though!

Attachments

• mychart.png
    mychart.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Anamikaa

I have a kite, the Grand Trine is: Jupiter in Scorpio, Saturn in Pisces, and Mercury in Cancer. The Saturn is opposite Venus in Virgo (conjunct midheaven and chiron, like ms marilyn monroe :eek: ). I have found that none of my trine energies have kicked in until I found my passion/calling and started working hard on it. Since I have, I find that I am quite lucky. That's all I got so far though!

Hi!
Could you elaborate on how to start working on the Grand Trine and how does things become relatively easy afterward? I need help on that.

Hi!
Could you elaborate on how to start working on the Grand Trine and how does things become relatively easy afterward? I need help on that.

Well, I think that th grand trine's blessings were sort of useless or lost to me until I realized the my career/calling (Venus conjunct mc) which forms the tip of the point of the kite. I would look at what you have in that aspect and what it suggests to you. Consider the planet it's focused on, the house and sign and all that and try to integrate that into your life.

I have been pouring myself into healing and beautification work as a career, and since then things have started to make sense and happen sort of serendipitously. Hope that helps.