What are you learning from COVID?

aquarius7000

We can also see and hope that countries with big GDP's might now realise that perhaps their priorities have not been correct? That they clearly are not prepared to provide their people with basic treatment during such epidemics. That they have to be humble enough to ask for help...

aquarius7000

On a regular day, I would have been at the gym and would been to the movies at the weekend.

Life is showing me how temporary and almost useless most things are around which our lives revolve... movies, malls, gym, restaurants and whatnot... It is as though we are being reprogrammed:w00t:

Hkk

Account Closed
It’s shown me that some people won’t change. Ever. Like my nosy neighbours and how they really feel about us!

Anyway I’ve also learned to appreciate the outside more.

When we are allowed to go back to normal I feel we will reprogramme.

It’s strange but I was watching the tv Ian’s someone touched each other and for a slight second I thought what are they doing!! Then I realised number one it’s pre-recorded and two it’s normal l

Then i was told a story and part of the story was touching and again for a slight second I though touching? What!!

It made me realise how programmed we do get

aquarius7000

I understand the fact that COVID has the entire world in its grip, this is a collective karmic cycle of humanity, the karma being the abuse of Mother Nature, the greed that made us completely oblivious of other sentient beings' pain (slaughterhouses, wet markets, over breeding for our consumption), over consumption on the whole- which gave rise to crime, etc. It is cry for us to return to simple living and a more inclusive world- treating this world as one big family. This should actually not be so difficult to understand, but because we have wandered so far away, perhaps this sounds too out of reach or philosophical.

aquarius7000

It feels like a planetary initiation to me. When we don't collectively evolve, the universe sends an agent (by whatever means) to force the issue. We now stand still at a crossroads, invited to choose a different road to the one we were on. When you can't indulge in your normal habits, they lose their grip on you and then you have a kind of inner spaciousness where you have a wide choice of paths going forward.

This is a really good piece of writing from Paul Levy "The Coronavirus contains its own medicine". There is also a very good 'message from covid-19' in the comments if you scroll right down.

https://www.awakeninthedream.com/articles/the-coronavirus-contains-its-own-medicine
Thank you and very close to what i said. This is what I also meant - collective karmic cycle. I believe wholeheartedly in the concept of karma - our actions will have adequate repercussions accordingly. And Covid is the repercussion. I do believe in a Higher Vibration - the OM. The deep message as mentioned in a previous post is to set us back, to show that we over did it all in every way - with the materialistic pursuits. The throw back and locking us in is to force us to introspect without too many distractions that we are so used to otherwise, find our centre again and re programme our consciousness. (now we can make ourselves feel better by saying we are safe at home, and are not caged up, but we are by today's standards)

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Then I would say let us stop looking at such people. Let us each start with our own selves and expand outwardly - from us to our children, parents, siblings, family, friends, wider social circle. Otherwise, we are just looking for ways to shirk that very critical responsibility and pass the buck / responsibility on to others. After all, we to partake of this nature's beauty and everything in it. The real problem lies in the highly individualistic attitudes we have developed in this modern world, where as long as everything is fine with me and my immediate family (sometimes we don't even care about family) who cares about society, the environment... It is for somebody else to worry about. We have to all develop an inclusive attitude. Think about what I do - how will that effect others, not just my own kids and family. It is not an impossible task if at least some of us start.

A small e.g. is if people stopped using plastic bags and cutlery as much as possible, its demand will reduce. Demand controls supply and that controls the amounts to be produced or manufactured.

Stopping eating meat would help the environment immensely.

aquarius7000

Stopping eating meat would help the environment immensely.

Completely agree my friend completely. Regardless of how many excuses man might find to have that steak for dinner, and absolve themselves of that guilt (for those that feel the guilt at all), like maintaining the food pyramid, or protein, or whatever... it is just inexcusably wrong in so many ways.

david starling

Completely agree my friend completely. Regardless of how many excuses man might find to have that steak for dinner, and absolve themselves of that guilt (for those that feel the guilt at all), like maintaining the food pyramid, or protein, or whatever... it is just inexcusably wrong in so many ways.

It's like a religion. Even Oprah had to apologize for speaking out against it.

aquarius7000

It's like a religion. Even Oprah had to apologize for speaking out against it.
Oprah had more at stake to have to have apologised for speaking against steak. I have nothing at stake here to speak against that steak. In fact, in her capacity, I would have more respect for her to stake her claim to animal and environment protection. :sad:

Last edited:

david starling

Oprah had more at stake to have to have apologised for speaking against steak. I have nothing at stake here to speak against that steak. In fact, in her capacity, I would have more respect for her to stake her claim to animal and animal protection. :sad:

They would have burned her at the stake, figuratively speaking. Or more likely, barbecued her. :pinched:

aquarius7000

They would have burned her at the stake, figuratively speaking. Or more likely, barbecued her. :pinched:
And she chose to let the animals land for the kill on the grill. Not the best way of claim to fame. She could have done better, I am sure, since she is Oprah and the public would have got over it. Some might have even been positively influenced.

It is what we use our power and our success as a weapon for, what we advocate for and our presentation skills. Needless to say, you can never please everybody, but in this kind of a cause, if one is able to appeal to the conscience of even 5% of the people and invoke kindness and humanity in them, it is far better than being the darling of 10 times that public. Just my opinion of course.

leomoon

Because the thread is about Covid19, and not astrology, I won't put my link here, but it gives us specific dates through Vedic Astrology as to when we may be more at risk from this Virus this year and perhaps next year?

Where should I put it?

:unsure: :annoyed:

aquarius7000

Because the thread is about Covid19, and not astrology, I won't put my link here, but it gives us specific dates through Vedic Astrology as to when we may be more at risk from this Virus this year and perhaps next year?

Where should I put it?

:unsure: :annoyed:
Feel free to put it here and we can learn Vedic astro from Covid:biggrin:

leomoon

Feel free to put it here and we can learn Vedic astro from Covid:biggrin:

I have a note in to her this evening asking her IF she did a (sort of double blind study) (j/k) :happy: ....of dates such as WW2 etc she mentioned.
(see Graph of dates)

I think its correct about the restrictions were starting to become well known,as we needed to start to stay in and isolate around that date in some parts of the world i.e.Feb. 25th,(one date mentioned on the graph as the Yoga had started and going into late May) although the WH was still denying it then :( I'll let you all know if I hear anymore from her about this question because there are dates going into 2021 and some months this winter I'm concerned about. The idea being, this particular yoga (all the planets Vedic uses i.e. 7) must be within the bounds of the Nodes to be eligible as the graph shows.

It (the fate the Nodes depict), seem to suggest a kind of lack of movement or a greater restrictive force during those periods.

I doubt however, that she'll have anymore to say because she seems to have said it all in the article posted, regarding AIDS, WW2 era, and the other major events that restricted or "bound" our free movement.

http://www.astromanda.com/nodal-bind/

Last edited:

aquarius7000

I am learning how useless everything, that seemed so important or at least part of my routine, is. I am surviving well without having to go to a mall every second weekend, catch the latest box-office hit so I have something to talk about during lunch time blabbers with colleagues.

How staying away physically from friends and family is actually showing your care and love for them.

Hkk

Account Closed
I am learning how useless everything, that seemed so important or at least part of my routine, is. I am surviving well without having to go to a mall every second weekend, catch the latest box-office hit so I have something to talk about during lunch time blabbers with colleagues.

How staying away physically from friends and family is actually showing your care and love for them.

I know what you mean. It shows true love and care. Also things we do that do t have real meaning now we realise why do those things. It’s so peaceful outside. I can just hear the birds singing.

Being in the present is so good. Not thinking about the past as what’s the point, not thinking about the future as we don’t know what it will be like so can’t plan building work etc so only thinking about the present and it feels good. 😇😊