Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 10-31-2016, 12:53 PM

Do I have an 8th house Stellium?

My Venus, Jupiter and Mercury are all in my 8th house.

Unread 10-31-2016, 02:33 PM

Re: Do I have an 8th house Stellium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
My Venus, Jupiter and Mercury are all in my 8th house.
There's different ideas of what a stellium is. Some people think they have to be conjunct each other at a tight orb; others think just three or more planets in the same house is a stellium.

Personally I'd call it a stellium.
Unread 10-31-2016, 02:48 PM

Ok thank you I don't know if mines are in conjunction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
There's different ideas of what a stellium is. Some people think they have to be conjunct each other at a tight orb; others think just three or more planets in the same house is a stellium.

Unread 10-31-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:

Ok thank you

I don't know if mines are in conjunction.

ChildOfVenus, the chart you posted shows PISCES VENUS
solo in the SIGN of PISCES

and
ARIES MERCURY conjunct ARIES JUPITER
therefore Venus is not conjunct Mercury and Jupiter becuase of being in the adjacent SIGN

using WHOLE SIGN HOUSES would highlight house location vividly

easily verify on astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
that the house location of a natal planet can indeed change dependent on the house system chosen

On Extended Chart Selection Page there are fourteen options of the more popular house systems currently in use

Placidus is simply the default
to view for yourself how that works in practice
simply create your natal chart using Whole Sign Houses option
and compare your natal chart with the two formats

'...There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable.
A planet in the SIGN of Aries was also a planet in the HOUSE of Aries
so that in effect there were no real houses as we know them today....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses
were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed or confused as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites were definite power points
or areas of intense focus, but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant.....'

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 10-31-2016, 05:00 PM

Oh ok I see I read somewhere that having 3 or more planets in one house is a Stellium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
ChildOfVenus, the chart you posted shows PISCES VENUS
solo in the SIGN of PISCES

and
ARIES MERCURY conjunct ARIES JUPITER
therefore Venus is not conjunct Mercury and Jupiter becuase of being in the adjacent SIGN

using WHOLE SIGN HOUSES would highlight house location vividly

easily verify on astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
that the house location of a natal planet can indeed change dependent on the house system chosen

On Extended Chart Selection Page there are fourteen options of the more popular house systems currently in use

Placidus is simply the default
to view for yourself how that works in practice
simply create your natal chart using Whole Sign Houses option
and compare your natal chart with the two formats

'...There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable.
A planet in the SIGN of Aries was also a planet in the HOUSE of Aries
so that in effect there were no real houses as we know them today....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses
were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed or confused as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites were definite power points
or areas of intense focus, but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant.....'

Unread 10-31-2016, 06:14 PM

Yes you have an 8th house stellium. A stellium occurs when 3 or more planets are located in a house.
Unread 10-31-2016, 07:01 PM

Smile Re: Do I have an 8th house Stellium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Yes you have an 8th house stellium. A stellium occurs when 3 or more planets are located in a house.
In Whole-sign House method, Jupiter and Mercury are in H9, while Venus is alone in H8. In Placidus, the method used here, all three Planets form a Stellium in H8. In either method, Jupiter, Mercury, and the North (Lunar)Node, are in Conjunction in Aries, with Venus alone, and not Conjunct in Pisces. The North Node (NN, symbol ) isn't included as a Stellium member, but some consider it highly significant wherever it's placed, and it's being closely Conjunct 2 Planets is unusual in my experience. Incidentally, Jupiter is considered by many to be fortunately-placed in H9.

Last edited by david starling; 10-31-2016 at 07:04 PM.
Unread 10-31-2016, 07:06 PM

So does that mean I have a Stellium?
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
In Whole-sign House method, Jupiter and Mercury are in H9, while Venus is alone in H8. In Placidus, the method used here, all three Planets form a Stellium in H8. In either method, Jupiter, Mercury, and the North (Lunar)Node, are in Conjunction in Aries, with Venus alone, and not Conjunct in Pisces. The North Node (NN, symbol ) isn't included as a Stellium member, but some consider it highly significant wherever it's placed, and it's being closely Conjunct 2 Planets is unusual in my experience. Incidentally, Jupiter is considered by many to be fortunately-placed in H9.
Unread 10-31-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post

Agreed. Stellium.
Unread 10-31-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
Agreed. Stellium.
If a "Stellium" is based on the concept that 3 or more Planets conjoin to form a sort of hybrid "super-Planet", it seems like a tight Conjuntion would be necessary for that definition.

Last edited by david starling; 10-31-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Unread 10-31-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
If a "Stellium" is based on the concept that 3 or more Planets conjoin to form a sort of hybrid "super-Planet", it seems like a tight Conjuntion would be necessary for that definition.
It isn't though, not the way I was taught and not the way I've seen it work. Though this topic is another one of those highly subjective areas. Some say it has to be four planets, and others say it has to be four and two of them can't be Mercury or Venus.
Unread 10-31-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I see the North Node as a planet anyway.

And I count stelliums no matter what the house system because generally they're all in the same area.
Unread 10-31-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:

And I count stelliums no matter what the house system because generally they're all in the same area.
Well, obviously not a "Planet" per se, but the NN ups the intensity of the Jupiter/Merc Conjuntion making it a Stellium-enhancer, whereby [IMO] just those two Planets alone could be considered a "Stellium". Venus being in another Sign should matter, because it's Inconjuct--even if it is in the same House in Placidus.
Unread 10-31-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:

Why? The North Lunar Node is a calculated point, like the Vertex, Lots, etc. It marks where the Moon crossed the ecliptic above the horizon. There are nodes for all the other planets as well, the Moon's are just more commonly included. As a point it gives information and does not confer energy like a planet. Instead it is energized or activated by planets in transit or synastry, just like a house.
The Following User Says Thank You to Horus For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (10-31-2016)
Unread 10-31-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:

And I count stelliums no matter what the house system
because generally they're all in the same area.

There is no Exact Definition of Stellium

Not unexpectedly - it's a matter of opinion

Contemporary authorities are divided over minimum number of planets required to form a stellium.
In some sources a stellium is defined as four or more planets in a single sign/house
but in other sources it is defined as three or more planets in a sign/house.

ALAN OKEN says:

"...a stellium should involve no less than four planets”

JULIA AND DEREK PARKER define stellium as:

“....a group of planets — three or more — in one sign or house…”

Other sources prefer to remain more ambiguous about the exact number of planets involved.

For example, CELESTE TEAL simply defines it as:

“....a grouping of several planets in one sign or house”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (11-01-2016)
Unread 10-31-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus View Post
Why? The North Lunar Node is a calculated point, like the Vertex, Lots, etc. It marks where the Moon crossed the ecliptic above the horizon. There are nodes for all the other planets as well, the Moon's are just more commonly included. As a point it gives information and does not confer energy like a planet. Instead it is energized or activated by planets in transit or synastry, just like a house.
[IMO] The Node FOCUSES Planetary-expression, thereby increasing its intensity. The Lunar Node is primary, because it involves an Earth-Sun-Moon interaction.

Last edited by david starling; 10-31-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Unread 10-31-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
[IMO] The Node FOCUSES Planetary-expression, thereby increasing its intensity. The Lunar Node is primary, because it involves an Earth-Sun-Moon interaction.
There's no doubt that it's important -- heck as a karmic astrologer I start with these nodes, but I don't see it as holding any energy or intensity on its own. However, like the houses it has a planetary ruler (or modern co-rulers), and that's where its energy is held and expressing.

By all accounts, two planets and a node does not a stellium make. Stella =star, the planets were seen as "wandering stars" to the ancients. A stellium is simply a group of stars, and it takes at least three to have a group.

Last edited by Horus; 10-31-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Unread 10-31-2016, 11:15 PM

So it's safe to say that I do have one then?
Unread 10-31-2016, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Three or more planets in the same house in the common Placidus houses system, yes.

It's just a way of describing where there is significant, major emphasis in your life. Have you read the descriptions of these house placements? Here's a couple of links:

http://mindfire.ca/The%20Planets%20T...s/Contents.htm

http://www.myastrologybook.com/plane...-astrology.htm
Unread 11-01-2016, 01:47 AM

Thank you for the links
Quote:
Three or more planets in the same house in the common Placidus houses system, yes.

It's just a way of describing where there is significant, major emphasis in your life. Have you read the descriptions of these house placements? Here's a couple of links:

http://mindfire.ca/The%20Planets%20T...s/Contents.htm

http://www.myastrologybook.com/plane...-astrology.htm
Unread 11-01-2016, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Well, obviously not a "Planet" per se, but the NN ups the intensity of the Jupiter/Merc Conjuntion making it a Stellium-enhancer, whereby [IMO] just those two Planets alone could be considered a "Stellium". Venus being in another Sign should matter, because it's Inconjuct--even if it is in the same House in Placidus.
The North Node is like another planet. I don't know what else to say. And I don't think Venus being in another sign should matter because I see the signs as blending into one another. A planet that is 8 degrees or less away from another planet is conjunct no matter what the signs. I don't know why you would consider two planets alone a stellium though :P

Quote:
I know there are nodes for the planets, but the Moon Node is super important. The North Node, how you describe it in bold, makes it sound like a planet. Planets are energized by other planets.

Quote:
Yes it's safe to say. If you want it to be a stellium it is a stellium.
Unread 11-01-2016, 03:09 AM

Quote:
I know there are nodes for the planets, but the Moon Node is super important. The North Node, how you describe it in bold, makes it sound like a planet. Planets are energized by other planets.
Of course, planets confer energy to anything, even each other. Calculated points don't and they're not wandering stella which is why they don't qualify for a stellium. The Lunar Nodes aren't the Moon itself, just where it's been, marking the past and the future for the soul.
Unread 11-01-2016, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Of course, planets confer energy to anything, even each other. Calculated points don't and they're not wandering stella which is why they don't qualify for a stellium. The Lunar Nodes aren't the Moon itself, just where it's been, marking the past and the future for the soul.
I'm gonna count it as a stellium anyway. No time for precise rules.
Unread 11-01-2016, 05:50 AM

Quote:
I'm gonna count it as a stellium anyway. No time for precise rules.
Whether everyone considers it a Stellium or not, that tight Conjuntion of Jupiter, Mercury, and NN is intriguing! ChildOfVenus, do people find you intriguing? Anyone ever called you that?
Unread 11-01-2016, 10:09 AM

Intriguing? I don't think I've ever been called that before. I don't really know if anyone has ever found me intriguing lol. What's so intriguing about a Jupiter, Mercury and North Node conjunction? I mean what does that mean?
Quote:
Whether everyone considers it a Stellium or not, that tight Conjuntion of Jupiter, Mercury, and NN is intriguing! ChildOfVenus, do people find you intriguing? Anyone ever called you that?

Tags
house, stellium