Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.

Unread 07-01-2010, 12:57 AM

what aspects point to liking older partners?

kthxbai!!!

Last edited by lacellrein; 07-16-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Unread 07-01-2010, 01:36 AM

Re: what aspects point to liking older partners?

this is a very interesting question.i'm looking forward to read the answers from those who know,as i'm a beginner and can't give a correct answer.......it definitely has something to do with saturn and its aspects,isn't it?
Unread 07-01-2010, 09:36 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Tamara Send a message via Skype™ to Tamara

well maybe that famous venus/saturn aspect? i have sextile and i`m really attracted to those older than me..also maybe 7th house ruler`s aspects to saturn or somehow 10th house involvment with realtionship planets? not sure about these, but my venus/saturn really manifests that way..
anyway i think saturn has something to do in such kind of attractions...
Unread 07-01-2010, 10:40 AM

Saturn in the 7th or capricorn on the descendant is traditionally one of the indicators to prefer a more mature partner
Unread 07-01-2010, 10:40 AM

Yes, SAturn, Capricorn and Aquarius, traditionally ruled by Saturn all play a role in "older". Be it as rulers of the 7th house (very common, but it can also mean a marriage much later in life, a delay in other words), Saturn in the 7th or the ruler of the 7th house in Capricorn. Venus or Moon-Saturn connections as well I would think.
Unread 07-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned

Also possibly Saturn/capricorn in or ruling 5th house of love affairs and children etc could well suggest older partners. As for younger, look for gemini in or on 7th cusp possibly
Unread 07-01-2010, 02:23 PM

I would think it has something to do with Saturn/Venus aspects. But I have Venus/Moon sextile Saturn and the oldest partner Ive been with was 5 years older than me only. I also have saturn conjunct the DC. My current boyfriend is only 1 year older than me. But I dont know, maybe it wont mainifest before Im older?

On the other hand Ive always felt that I get along well with older people maybe a little bit more than others my age.

Many think Im younger than my age and I have Gemini AC.

Last edited by Vagabondgirl; 07-01-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Unread 07-03-2010, 06:50 PM

I have a capricorn moon and the love of my life was 26 years older than me. After we broke up, however, I started dating a 19 year old, so I'm not quite sure if I'm fated to date older men exclusively
Unread 07-03-2010, 08:03 PM

I have gemini in my seventh house, but I definitely like my men a little older, at least by 5 years, NOT so much as ten years older though. I've been like that since my teen years. Looking at my chart, nothing seems like an indicator for that sort of preference. Numerology might have something to do with it. My expression number is 7. I dated a guy who's expression number was also seven, and he prefer trysts with women considerably older than him, even older than his mother. He was 8 years older than me, as it so happens.
Unread 07-03-2010, 09:51 PM

Fear is the one thing that stops people from living a great life, and collecting all the experience that they possibly can. And many of us build castles around us that we think will keep the threat out. All it does in reality is lock our potential in - Geoff Thompson

Last edited by 07.Re; 06-01-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Unread 07-06-2010, 05:28 PM

1. If life partner [ husband ] is just five years or less older , then this age difference is quite better for both of them and this age difference should be counted nowhere.
2.If native is female then saturn's P A C relation with 7th house is responsible for a mature partner.
3.If native is male then saturn is responsible for a younger partner.
IT is saturn only in both the charts which creates big age difference ,
Unread 07-07-2010, 01:30 PM

Up to this point in my life, I've never had a relationship with someone older than a couple years older than me. However, I am very attracted (at least, sexually) to alot of older guys (20 years older is not unusual). My mars is opposed to my saturn, aquarius is on my 5th house cusp, and with aries on my descendant, the ruler of my descendant (mars) is opposed to saturn.
Unread 07-09-2010, 02:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Veronica Send a message via MSN to Veronica Send a message via Yahoo to Veronica Send a message via Skype™ to Veronica

Older partners... I think having Saturn on the Descendant, Capricorn on the 5th, The Ruler of the 7th (planet) if is Descendant is in Capricorn on the 5th. In a woman's chart her sun aspecting saturn could indicate the she could feel attracted to someone older. Also planets in the parental house 4th, 10th bring could sort of bring a interest in people where age difference might play a interesting role.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...pictureid=2557
Unread 07-09-2010, 02:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to Veronica Send a message via MSN to Veronica Send a message via Yahoo to Veronica Send a message via Skype™ to Veronica

The planet Saturn in the 7th house could bring delay, As for having Capricorn on the 7th it could also me that the person feel attracted to Capricornian or Earthy types. This would also depend on the gender as well, for woman should look @ her mars, sun, applying aspects to her sun and DSC. For males we look for his Venus, Moon, applying aspects to the males planets. And also the Descendant ruler and the planet of the ruler where is located on the chart. ( that applies on both sexes)

Last edited by Veronica; 07-09-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: needed to add more info. :)
Unread 07-09-2010, 03:25 PM

My partner has a Moon-Saturn conjunction ... he is 3 years younger. His Saturn-Moon applies to my Venus.
Unread 07-09-2010, 03:47 PM

Iam wondering how a saturn-moon conjuction works on men... I feel it totally changes the flavor on the natal moon sign to a more capricorn flavor.

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
Saturn in the 7th or capricorn on the descendant is traditionally one of the indicators to prefer a more mature partner
Yes I agree and with Saturn Venus contacts also. Often marrying for practical material reasons such as the young beauty and the older rich man.
I know someone who has an older lover by 10 years and he is the male.
THis is rather more unusual. He has a Saturn Venus contact and has sworn that she has been and is the only one and this is also a factor often.
Unread 07-10-2010, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
Iam wondering how a saturn-moon conjuction works on men... I feel it totally changes the flavor on the natal moon sign to a more capricorn flavor.
Yes the Moon in a man's chart is indicative of how he views his mother and other women especially older. It can mean the mother was disciplinarian and worked a lot or she was not loving. It can give a sense of proper behaviour and being concerned with controlling emotions especially in public. THey can be repressed and cautious. Also loyal and responsible. Mother may have died young or is not around much. Depends on the whole chart. It can give tendency to depression in my experience and a sense of inferiority.
Unread 07-10-2010, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alita View Post
I have a capricorn moon and the love of my life was 26 years older than me. After we broke up, however, I started dating a 19 year old, so I'm not quite sure if I'm fated to date older men exclusively

Yah, same here. I had a relationship with a man 33 years older than me, fell in love with another of the same age difference (they were born some months apart ), but also dated same age and got married to a man 7 years older.

I have the proverbial Venus-Saturn aspect, a square, and also Moon widely conjunct Saturn.
Unread 07-10-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
My partner is very serious ... people view him as cold. When he opens up (very rarely) its frightening to see his sensitivity. He keeps his feelings in check. As regards his mother ... he thinks she is a practical person. Another point he does not get along with his father, who according to him was a strict disciplinarian.
Unread 07-10-2010, 05:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to piscesnurse

i would think having saturn on the seventh would also be signicant

Men Traveling A Narrow Path, Seeking Illumination
10 DEGREES PISCES SABIAN
Unread 07-11-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire19 View Post
Yes the Moon in a man's chart is indicative of how he views his mother and other women especially older. It can mean the mother was disciplinarian and worked a lot or she was not loving. It can give a sense of proper behaviour and being concerned with controlling emotions especially in public. THey can be repressed and cautious. Also loyal and responsible. Mother may have died young or is not around much. Depends on the whole chart. It can give tendency to depression in my experience and a sense of inferiority.
I know I have read about it.... it gives more of a capricorn flavor moon, This aspect can be a bit complicated is the person has a lot of earth or air, in their chart the person will just be emotionally tonedeaf... Iam bringing this up because Iam dealing with a lot of people with a lot of moon-saturn aspects. And if just so difficult to make these people open up sincerely.

Unread 07-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire19 View Post
absolultely, my youngest has moon square saturn (saggi moon 1st to saturn in 10th) this aspect can also suggest mother had to endure financial hardships - as I was a single parent living on benefit system. My eldest son has Cappi moon conj MC both have older partners, but both of them were cuddled and loved and 'show love' very much in childhood. So the whole chart needs taking into consideration. I don't know so much it describes mother so much as *them** moreso and how they express *their* emotions. Not everything can be related back to mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica
Plus it all depends on what houses are involved, the relationships houses, money houses or communications houses....

Unread 07-16-2010, 02:52 PM

MOON in capricorn [ in a natal chart ] :-

1.IF aspected by SUN can keep a native Displeased , shabby and gives finencial problems too.
2.IF aspected by MURCURY then native may loose his confidence in critical situations .
3.SATURN aspect makes him lazy [ idle ] , shoddy and a liar .
Unread 05-20-2011, 04:19 PM

I am new to this site, and so while this post is somewhat dated, I think I have some corroborative information to add.

I just ended a 3-year relationship with a man 13 years my junior. While he looks much younger than his years (Gem Sun, Leo Moon, Libra Asc), he also has Saturn conj Sun and Venus. While he never actually stated a preference for older women, that's where his eye always seemed to be drawn. He had absolutely no problem with our age difference. As well, he has always been one to readily take on responsibility, and talked quite often about how--even as a child--he always wanted to be grown up, and how much more comfortable he was around adults.

As for me, this relationship with a younger man is quite unusual, as I, too, have always preferred older partners; in fact, at age 25 I married a man 19 years my senior. I have Saturn tightly trine Moon and Venus exactly inconjunct (quincunx) Saturn. My Saturn is very strong (13th deg of Capricorn) and sits precisely on my 8th house cusp, ruling the 8th house, and opposes Mercury, the ruler of my chart.

Finally, I tend to appear younger than I am (Gem asc), and have noticed that around the time I entered my 40's, much younger men showing an interest seemed to come out of the woodwork. Though I have not been able to look at all of their charts, the ones for which I have been able to get birth info all show at least one strong relationship between Saturn and Moon/Sun/5,7, and/or 8th houses, and usually more than one of those.

Tags
aspects, liking, older, partners, point