I love cancers

Lykanized

Sidreal rarely used houses (too many house systems) Sidreal Leo moons key word is "potent" i do relate to it but not as much as Capricorn Mars/Stella. However you are firmly a Cancer son, your an ideal specimen in astrology because you could be used as a ligitmate check for traits of cancer Sun.
Are you sure of that? Because I am a Cancer, but a lot of the stereotypical Cancer traits don't resonate with me. The tameness you mentioned, homesteady. I do believe Cancer is very misunderstood, however

Lykanized

I'm one to deviate from the norm of any descriptions people are gonna give of any sign, but I'm just wondering if you're sure if you want your view of Cancer upended

Whoam1

I'm one to deviate from the norm of any descriptions people are gonna give of any sign, but I'm just wondering if you're sure if you want your view of Cancer upended

I want to hear all about it (I like to ending things, thanks moon Pluto, I actually think we should go by planetary and mythological rulers not signs.

Lykanized

I want to hear all about it (I like to ending things, thanks moon Pluto, I actually think we should go by planetary and mythological rulers not signs.
Well let's see... to me the mythology is irrelevant as the mythology is all about the constellations and stories our ancestors concocted to understand why these constellations may have resembled images from their lives as well as meshing them with possible interactions with extraterrestrials disguising themselves as gods. It's completely irrelevant. The power astrology has in an individual has nothing to do with the mythology but the bare cosmos themselves which have nothing to do with our human interpretation of them inevitably paled by the limitations of the human mind
So let's forget the mythology. It's interesting because mythology is interesting and no doubt some mythology is based in our ancestors interacting with extraterrestrials, but the mythologies were not evolved for the sake of exploring or understanding individuals and the effects the cosmos have on us

I'd feel like an idiot if I tried to speak for all Cancerians too so I don't know how to go about this even if you see me as the perfect specimen

Whoam1

Intresting... the traits bestowed on the signs are from there ruling planets, these planets being derived from mythology. Like Scorpio is aggressive, and is ruled by Mars, God of War and violence...

Lykanized

Intresting... the traits bestowed on the signs are from there ruling planets, these planets being derived from mythology. Like Scorpio is aggressive, and is ruled by Mars, God of War and violence...
We're digging into a murky area here. This is looking for the rhyme and reason in astrology. I can assure you it isn't about mythology as that would imply WE have power over the cosmos. When I say that, I mean we build these mythologies and come up with these stories or derive them from actual things that have happened and then dedicate parts of the heavens to them. It all implies we understand the cosmos and define them rather than looking to them to understand

Mars could very well have been named the planet of love and Venus the planet of violence and war had something changed

So I have to say that mythology is an interesting subject but has no place in understanding people and things and how they are because of the cosmos as that's not what mythology is about

For that matter, I wonder how we ascribe the traits we do to any of the planets. I need to do a lot of digging on that, but I don't think the answer is gonna be in mythology, not the mythology you've been delving into anyway. The answer may be in shamanism, maybe Eastern religions/ faiths like Hinduism

Thus far, astrology to me has been all about the proof in the pudding, but honestly, I'm never satisfied with just tasting the pudding, I wanna know all about it, where it comes from, how it's made, what it's made of

Whoam1

Me too. I do relate to what I've learned about my Sidreal more than my Tropical, but for example they Use Pluto as ruler of Aries and not Scorpio, which is fine but if they are wrong then my Pluto in Scorpio who aspects my Moon along with my elevated Venus in Scorpio and my angular and elevated Mercury in Scorpio will sting me in the ***. (They (the sidrealists) can't even find where my mental issues and traits that are found in Scorpio come from in my personality, which I think bothers them too.)

Lykanized

Me too. I do relate to what I've learned about my Sidreal more than my Tropical, but for example they Use Pluto as ruler of Aries and not Scorpio, which is fine but if they are wrong then my Pluto in Scorpio who aspects my Moon along with my elevated Venus in Scorpio and my angular and elevated Mercury in Scorpio will sting me in the ***. (They (the sidrealists) can't even find where my mental issues and traits that are found in Scorpio come from in my personality, which I think bothers them too.)
I'm curious, how are you connecting Pluto to mental issues you have?

Please don't imply Scorpionic traits have anything to do with mental illness, tho. There are PLENTY of completely healthy minded Scorpios and if anything, mental illness would probably reveal itself more in aspects than in signs and planets. Mental illness is something I'm very passionate about since it runs in my family, schizophrenia, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder. If anything, mental issues may manifest in various ways depending on the astrological makeup of the individual, but mental issues themselves aren't gonna show themselves in signs or planets in certain signs

Whoam1

I'm curious, how are you connecting Pluto to mental issues you have?

Please don't imply Scorpionic traits have anything to do with mental illness, tho. There are PLENTY of completely healthy minded Scorpios and if anything, mental illness would probably reveal itself more in aspects than in signs and planets. Mental illness is something I'm very passionate about since it runs in my family, schizophrenia, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder. If anything, mental issues may manifest in various ways depending on the astrological makeup of the individual, but mental issues themselves aren't gonna show themselves in signs or planets in certain signs

It isn't Pluto. I have a grandtrine Saturn-Sun-Moon, fairly certain that is what puts me under the stress and the mental issues come from the stressful environment and genetic makeup.Mars in Capricorn is what makes me vice, and Pisces IC is addiction in the family.

Lykanized

It isn't Pluto. I have a grandtrine Saturn-Sun-Moon, fairly certain that is what puts me under the stress and the mental issues come from the stressful environment and genetic makeup.Mars in Capricorn is what makes me vice, and Pisces IC is addiction in the family.
Yeah... I know mental illness and astrology is a topic many people may want to shy from, but I think there's things to be found. Like you express, I don't believe people with the same aspects or charts are necessarily gonna both be mentally ill or mentally healthy, but I think astrology can give insight into how mental illnesses or other mental problems manifest themselves. That's a very useful thing to look into. You have a grand Earth trine. I would assume that this can be both a strength and a weakness but it all depends on you and significant things like that are a great insight into your soul's journey, challenges to overcome to make you a stronger person

I found this article http://astroarena12.blogspot.com/2016/10/the-grand-trine.html

"
[FONT=&quot]Grand Trine in Earth[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You have an amazingly solid head on your shoulders and the ability to keep both feet steadily on the ground. The Earth Grand Trine gives you the gift of being supremely down-to-earth and sensible, as well as delightfully sensual. You have a very centered nature and are able to manage your resources very well and pursue your goals without ever considering giving up. But, it’s also all too easy for you to become stuck in a rut. In fact, you might not even realize that you’re stuck because you cling so much to whatever or whoever will bring you security. Your consistency is, therefore, one of your best and worst traits. Also, you can be so intent on accumulating and achieving that you regard everything as a goal, to a degree that can be overly possessive or really calculating. Your earthy nature needs to be managed in a way that allows you to create a solid reality for yourself and maintain your stability but without getting overly attached to results or the status quo."

I'd say there's probably a lot of Earthy energy you haven't tapped into that may benefit you. Perhaps you just need to find balance within that trine. To boot, you also have a lot of fixed energy in your tropical chart
[/FONT]

Whoam1

Well Sidreal it's a grand fire trine which makes more sense. I do credit Saturn for many things however. I have Saturn Sun, Moon, Uranus, Mercury, and if Contra-Parralel is stronger than and inconjunction, Saturn Pluto.

Tieing this into cancer (for sake of the post) I have next to nothing in this sign but I do have NN that opposes my Capy Neptune and Vertex which pits my anti-vertex in Capricorn Conj. Uranus.

Lykanized

Well Sidreal it's a grand fire trine which makes more sense. I do credit Saturn for many things however. I have Saturn Sun, Moon, Uranus, Mercury, and if Contra-Parralel is stronger than and inconjunction, Saturn Pluto.

Tieing this into cancer (for sake of the post) I have next to nothing in this sign but I do have NN that opposes my Capy Neptune and Vertex which pits my anti-vertex in Capricorn Conj. Uranus.
To me, you seem to get stuck in ruts and cling to certain things that 'bring you security'. Maybe it's not conscious, but that's how it seems to me. You seem to be constantly trying to break chains you put around your own self rather than being so fiery and action oriented you forget to look within which may be more observed in a fire grand trine. It may be why you're so opposed to Capricorn or Earthy energy, because it makes you feel trapped because you haven't reckoned with it yet

Whoam1

To me, you seem to get stuck in ruts and cling to certain things that 'bring you security'. Maybe it's not conscious, but that's how it seems to me. You seem to be constantly trying to break chains you put around your own self rather than being so fiery and action oriented you forget to look within which may be more observed in a fire grand trine. It may be why you're so opposed to Capricorn or Earthy energy, because it makes you feel trapped because you haven't reckoned with it yet

I'll keep those words in mind....

I killed this thread but I found this 9n Saturn-Pluto what do you think?
SATURN-PLUTO
Shouldering unwanted burdens, a person with this natal configuration often feels he is carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders ("Atlas syndrome"). He has a fear of being manipulated, hence is not interested in confederations or alliances. This lone-wolf tries desperately to dissociate himself from all labels and categorizations. The Saturn-Pluto aspect normally causes one to disregard any opinions or beliefs which do not immediately fall in line with his own established attitudes and ideas.

Lykanized

I'll keep those words in mind....

I killed this thread but I found this 9n Saturn-Pluto what do you think?
SATURN-PLUTO
Shouldering unwanted burdens, a person with this natal configuration often feels he is carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders ("Atlas syndrome"). He has a fear of being manipulated, hence is not interested in confederations or alliances. This lone-wolf tries desperately to dissociate himself from all labels and categorizations. The Saturn-Pluto aspect normally causes one to disregard any opinions or beliefs which do not immediately fall in line with his own established attitudes and ideas.
Lol, we both killed it, but that's ok unless a mod comes in and extinguishes us

I have Saturn square Pluto myself. I haven't looked that much into that aspect. I probably wrongly assumed it was insignificant just bc it's generational. Aren't Saturn and Pluto both associated with pain and transformation, lessons? It may be a harsh, but beneficial aspect when used correctly. I remember someone once writing me that Saturn square Pluto can be relentless, it's probably a similar energy for other Pluto-Saturn aspects

Personally I'd say I'm definitely a lone wolf and I can turn from whimsical to serious when I feel I'm being manipulated and I detest working in corrupt systems. I went through a phase where I was concocting a pseudo philosophical framework based on liberation from all government and all rules

Whoam1

Lol, we both killed it, but that's ok unless a mod comes in and extinguishes us

I have Saturn square Pluto myself. I haven't looked that much into that aspect. I probably wrongly assumed it was insignificant just bc it's generational. Aren't Saturn and Pluto both associated with pain and transformation, lessons? It may be a harsh, but beneficial aspect when used correctly. I remember someone once writing me that Saturn square Pluto can be relentless, it's probably a similar energy for other Pluto-Saturn aspects

Personally I'd say I'm definitely a lone wolf and I can turn from whimsical to serious when I feel I'm being manipulated and I detest working in corrupt systems. I went through a phase where I was concocting a pseudo philosophical framework based on liberation from all government and all rules

For me they both aspect my moon, so they are not impersonal as they normally are. Thus should have been a chat thread anyway btw. I'm definitely the last Part of this aspect (ignores things that don't fit my pre-existing ideas). This aspect is the hell no! Aspect. All about privacy and control but at the same time feels accountable for everything around them.

Lykanized

For me they both aspect my moon, so they are not impersonal as they normally are. Thus should have been a chat thread anyway btw. I'm definitely the last Part of this aspect (ignores things that don't fit my pre-existing ideas). This aspect is the hell no! Aspect. All about privacy and control but at the same time feels accountable for everything around them.
Pluto has strong ties to my inner planets. Actually, Pluto aspects a huge part of my chart, Uranus and Neptune are also significant so I always look at them. Lots of inner planet aspects. That being said, I suppose since Pluto aspects so much of my chart, there must be Saturnine influence that can tag along. How exactly it manifests is hard to say. Maybe it's why I'm so damned stubborn and don't let anything in life tell me no when I want something. I don't think this is a bad aspect even tho Pluto and saturn are both 'malefics'. I'm also Mars-Pluto so I think that makes me even more dogged when I want something in life. However I try to be openminded. I don't think I relate to the part about not accepting ideas that don't fit into my preexisting frameworks, but maybe I just don't notice that about myself. Regardless, I always try to be openminded, even to the point of seeming naive

Last edited: