Equal houses MC importance?

Hey, I'm a bit confused about MC importance when interpreting career and public related things with Equal houses system. In placidus system 10th house starts from MC, but in Equal houses it can be anywhere, so if I were to interpret someones career from their chart, which would be more significant considering the natives preferred career and success; MC or 10th house?
I'll be looking at 2th and 6th house as well of course. ;)

astroinfinite

Placidus house system is the accurate one. Don't use equal house system.

If you use equal house system, how can you give distinct predictions for twins born with 5 min diff??

Never possible !

If 10th house connected to 1st or 7th houses, then business and self employment, no boss.
If 10th house connected to 6th house, or 8th house then salary basis job.

In both the above cases, 2nd house connection is important, as it signifies income.

Without first house connection, the job will not give recognition.
Without 11th house connection, the job will not give satisfaction.

10th to 5th and 9th, no job in life.

IleneK

Premium Member
You can use Placidus with twins born 5 minutes apart and have no differences in the signs on the houses, so Placidus in this situation offers no more solution to the twin problem than other house systems.
But putting the rare twin problem aside, using equal or traditional whole sign houses, the MC cannot be anywhere, but it can be in a wide expanse above the horizon. Since the MC points to the place where we excel out in the world, if it were to show up in the 9th, then your place of outer world excellence would be in the affairs of the 9th. And so on...
That is how you can delineate the MC in houses other than the 10th.
Nothing mysterious or complicated about it. You can experiment and draw your own conclusions.

PeregrineWorld

Hey, I'm a bit confused about MC importance when interpreting career and public related things with Equal houses system. In placidus system 10th house starts from MC, but in Equal houses it can be anywhere, so if I were to interpret someones career from their chart, which would be more significant considering the natives preferred career and success; MC or 10th house?
I'll be looking at 2th and 6th house as well of course. ;)

I am using Equal House System and yes, MC can be anywhere, in the 9th , 10th , 8th or 11th house. More often is in 10th and 9th house . However career is different than vocation.
A career or a profession is an important tool of self-expression, but it not always defines who you really are, or the best of what you can achieve. Therefore a successful career doesn’t necessarily mean you found your life vocation.
Vocation is the reflections of our soul needs. It can be in superior studies, foreign country, religions (9th house), as well it can be in social implication, common ideals, and connection all over the world (11th house).

[Deleted advertising. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

petosiris

Banned
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Kümmell,_Hermann

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Kortzeborn,_Alfons

I personally use whole sign houses. I is ASC and X is MC. But I also use the so called ''equal house MC'' or also known as the nonagesimal MC as additional consideration. (Also Aldebaran 15).

And if Mercury and Mars predominate action, they indicate physicians, surgeons, sculptors, commanders, tacticians, wrestlers, but also criminals, adulterers, wrongdoers and forgers, especially when they are without the testimony of good stars.
If Saturn testifies - murderers, criminals, terrorists.
If Jupiter testifies - energetic, clever and successful people. (these are modified delineations by Ptolemy)

Example: Hour-Marker at 26 Libra, Jupiter retreating at 24 Libra, Mercury at 16 Aries, Saturn at 18 Aries, Sun at 10 Taurus, Moon at 21 Gemini, Venus at 24 Gemini, Mars at 27 Cancer. Lot is with Sagittarius, preceding New Moon with Taurus.

A surgeon is indicated by Mars predominating action at the MC ruling Mercury and Saturn and forming a tetragon figure with the stars in Aries and Libra. And stars that are inoperative rarely indicate the occupation.

Mars is inoperative by quadrant houses, but angular and at the nonagesimal degree or just next to it. In the chart of Hermann Kummell, Mercury is also inoperative by quadrant and equal houses, while it is angular in whole sign houses.

Example: Hour-Marker at 21 Aquarius, Mercury at 13 Taurus, Sun at 4 Gemini, Moon at 10 Gemini, Venus at 4 Cancer, Saturn at 6 Leo, Mars retreating at 7 Scorpio, Jupiter retreating at 19 Capricorn. Lot is with Aquarius, preceding New Moon with Gemini.

Mars is angular in X in its domicile and bound. Mercury is also angular in the IV in its bound. Quadrants and equal houses puts them declining.

Both charts have benefics with testimony, so their vocation was noble.

Last edited:

socrates

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Kümmell,_Hermann

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Kortzeborn,_Alfons

I personally use whole sign houses. I is ASC and X is MC. But I also use the so called ''equal house MC'' or also known as the nonagesimal MC as additional consideration. (Also Aldebaran 15).

And if Mercury and Mars predominate action, they indicate physicians, surgeons, sculptors, commanders, tacticians, wrestlers, but also criminals, adulterers, wrongdoers and forgers, especially when they are without the testimony of good stars.
If Saturn testifies - murderers, criminals, terrorists.
If Jupiter testifies - energetic, clever and successful people. (these are modified delineations by Ptolemy)

Example: Hour-Marker at 26 Libra, Jupiter retreating at 24 Libra, Mercury at 16 Aries, Saturn at 18 Aries, Sun at 10 Taurus, Moon at 21 Gemini, Venus at 24 Gemini, Mars at 27 Cancer. Lot is with Sagittarius, preceding New Moon with Taurus.

A surgeon is indicated by Mars predominating action at the MC ruling Mercury and Saturn and forming a tetragon figure with the stars in Aries and Libra. And stars that are inoperative rarely indicate the occupation.

Mars is inoperative by quadrant houses, but angular and at the nonagesimal degree or just next to it. In the chart of Hermann Kummell, Mercury is also inoperative by quadrant and equal houses, while it is angular in whole sign houses.

Example: Hour-Marker at 21 Aquarius, Mercury at 13 Taurus, Sun at 4 Gemini, Moon at 10 Gemini, Venus at 4 Cancer, Saturn at 6 Leo, Mars retreating at 7 Scorpio, Jupiter retreating at 19 Capricorn. Lot is with Aquarius, preceding New Moon with Gemini.

Mars is angular in X in its domicile and bound. Mercury is also angular in the IV in its bound. Quadrants and equal houses puts them declining.

Both charts have benefics with testimony, so their vocation was noble.

Petorisis,I didnt know 9th house was inoperative. My chart is confusing cause most planets are cadente,at least the importante ones. Using who le signs only the moon is operative in Ng. What do you think it says career wise give n that ruler jupiter is in 9th but at MC? thanks

Attachments

• paulodance.jpg.jpg
    paulodance.jpg.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 40