Can we only use ASC and sun in the different decans?

Claire19

Or can we use the other planets too? When describing the traits of the planets in different signs...
Personally I dont believe in get into such minutiae with it all. The decans for the rising sign and perhaps the Sun and Moon yes. But it all gets too confusing and really the decans are just a flavouring....

Claire19

If I'm looking at the charts of twins, I may look at decans and DUADS when appropriate.
Ohhh yes!!! you are right. THe subtle differences can be very telling.
Just a couple of degree difference can mean different rulers for the houses for instance.... the experience in the womb is often very different too.

I'm glad you agree Claire!

It can also be helpful with family dynamics in general, and relationships between people, specifically intimate ones who maybe have the same Sun sign or Moon sign.

I also have found that looking at decans and DUADS when it comes to generational stuff can be helpful. For example, my sister and I both have Neptune in Capricorn and Capricorn rising. My Neptune is Angular, closely conjunct my asc, and hers, though not conjunct, is in the 12th house, and she is a Pisces Sun. She, however, was born about two years later, so Neptune has changed Decans, making the influence of her Neptune different from mine, and worth exploring. Mine is the decan of Capricorn, her's in Taurus, and it has been interesting to watch how they have manifested differently.

mod.

Topaz

Personally I dont believe in get into such minutiae with it all. The decans for the rising sign and perhaps the Sun and Moon yes. But it all gets too confusing and really the decans are just a flavouring....

It's all relative from first degree to last; 1st degree of a sign compared to last is going to be very different, so yea... the physics of it seems obvious to me, include every degree in every planet and asteroid etc.. so if you were born with venus in 28 degrees aquarius.. it's on the cusp of Pisces.

Love and light * :)

piscesnurse

I'm glad you agree Claire!

It can also be helpful with family dynamics in general, and relationships between people, specifically intimate ones who maybe have the same Sun sign or Moon sign.

I also have found that looking at decans and DUADS when it comes to generational stuff can be helpful. For example, my sister and I both have Neptune in Capricorn and Capricorn rising. My Neptune is Angular, closely conjunct my asc, and hers, though not conjunct, is in the 12th house, and she is a Pisces Sun. She, however, was born about two years later, so Neptune has changed Decans, making the influence of her Neptune different from mine, and worth exploring. Mine is the decan of Capricorn, her's in Taurus, and it has been interesting to watch how they have manifested differently.

mod.
hi i know i will show what a neophyte i am with astrology but what is a duads?? i understand the deacons thanks for the help

dr. farr

I personally make frequent application of decans (mostly in my astro-therapeutic investigations), and also of duodenaries (1/12ths of signs, also known as dwads or duads) However, many make little or no use of these considerations-and a great deal does depend upon exactly what it is your are seeking to learn or "see" in a chart, in deciding whether or not to use these tools.

The decanate system I use is different than the (very commonly applied) triplicity system (described by Alan Leo and dating back to the "Hindus") or the Chaldean system (described by Sepharial and dating back to 200 BC-at the latest)
The decanate system I use is the Manilius system, first made known prior to Ptolemy in the "Astronomica". The Manilius decanate system has hardly been used at all over the past 1700 years, but I have found it quite informative (at least for me, in my applications of it) If any AW members would like, I'll post a table of the Manilius decans here (let me know if you are interested)...

Claire19

I personally make frequent application of decans (mostly in my astro-therapeutic investigations), and also of duodenaries (1/12ths of signs, also known as dwads or duads) However, many make little or no use of these considerations-and a great deal does depend upon exactly what it is your are seeking to learn or "see" in a chart, in deciding whether or not to use these tools.

The decanate system I use is different than the (very commonly applied) triplicity system (described by Alan Leo and dating back to the "Hindus") or the Chaldean system (described by Sepharial and dating back to 200 BC-at the latest)
The decanate system I use is the Manilius system, first made known prior to Ptolemy in the "Astronomica". The Manilius decanate system has hardly been used at all over the past 1700 years, but I have found it quite informative (at least for me, in my applications of it) If any AW members would like, I'll post a table of the Manilius decans here (let me know if you are interested)...
I am very into medical astrology and such so if you can let me know about the Manilius decans. I dont use duads as I feel they are just too itsy bitsy. But that is just my Saturn conjunct Mercury I guess.

:biggrin:

like everyone has said here it all depends on what you are trying to achieve here. It's like fine tuning a radio and adds just a flavouring to interpretations. The mostly commonly used is Asc and sun but if you are not into astrology or psychology it won't make any difference cos you won't recognise this 'tiny' influence on the personality.....

Much more can be gained from studying the elements and qualities, what's missing what's abundant. Aspect configurations, quincunxs, quintiles, bi quintiles and indeed houses systems..