Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.

Unread 02-13-2020, 05:50 PM

Re: USA Nov. 2020 Presidential Election, the Democrat Party Contenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Not really. But it often does result in violence on the part of the sovereign government.

An exception can be made for violent drug and weapons dealers, and human traffickers as well are able to be let in by going through the "proper channels" in the shadowy world of black ops.
First, as you mentioned, there is no way for the government to know the intentions of someone who enters ilegally, so there are reason as to why detention occurs. Second, it is the person who is crossing ilegally into the nation and acting against it. If they don't want to be detained, all they need to do is not cross ilegally and stay in their own country. Its a response to the action of someone.

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Unread 02-13-2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
So do you have an opinion on what I've asked? would a flat tax rate be ok with you?
Naaaah I wouldn’t be okay with a flat income tax.
Unread 02-13-2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Naaaah I wouldn’t be okay with a flat income tax.
Huh, why not?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
piercethevale (02-14-2020)
Unread 02-14-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:
How can someone pay taxes when they're in prison?

What about kicking someone out into the street for not being able to pay rent? Or jailing parents for taking food they can't pay for when their children are starving?

It's a cruel world when you're broke. I think necessity trumps greed though. That's what the Social Safety-net is about.
Kansas is now jailing people for unpaid medical bills.
Unread 02-14-2020, 06:57 AM

Smile Re: USA Nov. 2020 Presidential Election, the Democrat Party Contenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercethevale View Post
Kansas is now jailing people for unpaid medical bills.
Kansas gave Trump a double-digit majority in 2016.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
piercethevale (02-14-2020)
Unread 02-14-2020, 07:31 AM

Here is what I've got for Buttigieg's birth chart. As the time of birth was given as 9:00 P.M, sharp, I do question its veracity, and thus one of the reasons I've stalled on adding anything further to this thread pertaing to him. But, as I already wrote, and posted, The North Node will be so out of sync with the natal position of three planets, all year long, I seriously doubt He will be campaigning for very much longer anyways.

I am a believer in the Sidereal Zodiac. However, the attributes of the Signs have likely been compiled these last one thousand years, give or take a couple of centuries... and very possibly, mostly since around the time of Lily. Therefore I do have a certain amount of faith in what is believed, by most astrologers, those attributes are.
Yet, I don't agree with the ascribed planetary rulerships of Signs and Houses, nor that of exaltation, detriment, and fall. Some of it, yes, but not all. Therefore you may have noticed I generally make no mention of those things when I do write publicly.

What can certainly be relied upon is planetary aspects, natal, and by transit to the natal placement, to one another [which of course includes the luminaries] House placement, [Placidus only in consideration of natal charts] Astrological Parts, those that I have adequately proven to myself that the given title is an accurate description or has been rectified to my satisfaction, and I always remind myself of what Edgar Cayce said that most people are affected by only 3 to 6 of the planets.As to why I use Astrological Parts when He said only 3 to 6 of the planets is because He also added, "...and all angles to the Ascendant". As for most of the Astrological Parts that are known to be used are in relation to their angle to the ascendant being the answer as to why I do use them...and also the reason I use all Astrological Parts that use any, Placidus, House cusp as the "Personal Point" in a Parts formulae. Those that have a Planet as a "Personal Point", I rarely consult, unless it is for someone I know quite well enough to have concluded that they are indeed influenced by that planet. Nations charts are another matter altogether, as a nation must surely be affected by them all, as it is the entire society of any given nation as to what a nations' natal chart is really all about. As I've mentioned numerous times, I'm one of the rarities in that I'm affected by them all.
...and always, what the Sabian Symbols found for all of that has to add.

Without the use of the Sabian Symbols, as interpreted and presented by the late Dane Rudhyar, one has no business calling them self an "astrologer"...imho, of course.

I been rebuked many a time for my use of Astrological Parts in forecasting, by some very notable, acclaimed, astrologers...[my time spent at ACTastrology.com, while it was online, was quite such the example. It has been said to me by a number of fellow astrologers that they believe I might have been the cause of that websites ultimate demise] I can only say, how can one not see for themselves how influential they are? That they are symbolically active, [in ref. to the Sabian Symbols] is one of the most profound tools an astrologer has at their disposal to understand a person.... and also how they affect every House cusp, most particularly the chart axis.

Buttigieg's natal chart.... yet to be verified, yet to be proven to my satisfaction, of it veracity.

Last edited by piercethevale; 02-14-2020 at 07:35 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to piercethevale For This Useful Post:
david starling (02-14-2020)
Unread 02-14-2020, 08:08 AM

I just now had the oddest experience. Earlier, before I addressed this thread, I wrote in reply to someone that replied to my "Sticky" in the Degree Symbols sub-forum to my thread about Lilith. They posted their chart and used one of the alternative Liliths offered and not the one commonly used,. As they had removed all but their birth date, and as I have no room in my files at astrodienst, presently, to add yet another person to my list of a full one hundred names, I simply used my own birth chart for a basis, just replacing the month, day, and year of my own with that of theirs. In that Lilith moves so very little in a 24 hour period, anyways, it matters almost not at all as to where the birth place was or the time of day.
I didn't bother to change the data back to what it should be, as it would be something that wasn't an imperative that I did so as I would certainly be reminded of it if I didn't get to it tonight... not so much if it was anyone elses' chart I had used. I wanted to post a reply and move on tto this thread before I called it a night and went to bed.

As I was closing all the open pages I had accumulated this session at my computer, when I got to astrodienst I noticed the chart of mine, in which I had changed my birth date for the above reason, was my correct natal chart with the correct date on it. But upon going to my files there I found that it was still showing the date I had changed it to.

How can that be?

As I've written about my past experience with astrodienst, [in this very thread in fact] and why I don't trust them, numerous times, I do have to wonder, WTF?

Could it be that someone at that website, with administrative authority and administrative right of access, is trying to send me a message?
Unread 02-16-2020, 04:30 AM

Quote:
It's called "migration", and if one comes in peace, without violent intentions, it's not an act of violence. Those fleeing violence are called "refugees", and often bring their children with them.
NO, they don't ALL come here with good intentions.

Sanctuary cities work in the OPPOSITE ways. They protect 'refugees' who commit crimes in this country.

If someone comes into this country and does not act peacefully and with good intentions, shouldn't we be allowed to deport them?
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
piercethevale (02-16-2020)
Unread 02-16-2020, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
NO, they don't ALL come here with good intentions.

Sanctuary cities work in the OPPOSITE ways. They protect 'refugees' who commit crimes in this country.

If someone comes into this country and does not act peacefully and with good intentions, shouldn't we be allowed to deport them?
But just coming in without the approval of the government is not a "violent act" in and of itself. Reagan had an amnesty program that enabled thousands who came in illegally, lived a good, quiet life and worked hard, to become citizens.

ANYONE who acts violently, whether it's a native-born American citizen, someone who migrated here legally, or who migrated here illegally, should be brought to justice.
Unread 02-16-2020, 05:23 AM

Quote:
But just coming in without the approval of the government is not a "violent act" in and of itself. Reagan had an amnesty program that enabled thousands who came in illegally, lived a good, quiet life and worked hard, to become citizens.

ANYONE who acts violently, whether it's a native-born American citizen, someone who migrated here legally, or who migrated here illegally, should be brought to justice.
Yes it is. If someone walks into your house without permission it constitutes a breach of your rights of property, a violent action against a person. When an illegal immigrant does this, it breaches the rights of the nation's sovereignty over its territory.

No one has the foresight to know whether the intentions of the person are good or bad - and the very reason is because they avoid going through the proper channels of government screening. If someone crosses into your country illegally, you can't know if its a refugee or a drug dealer or a foreign invader until the person is confronted by the authorities.

The ends don't justify the means.

Last edited by Dirius; 02-16-2020 at 05:29 AM.
Unread 02-16-2020, 05:39 AM

Quote:

But with sanctuary cities, they are NOT being brought to justice. That is my point.

And there are illegals that ARE sneaking in, with bad, if not violent intentions.

What about all of these mile long underground drug tunnels from Mexico into San Diego? I think that is a nefarious act to sneak into our country carrying hundreds of pounds cocaine or heroin with you, in an underground tunnel. In fact, I'd call it a violent act.
ElenaJ (02-21-2020)
Unread 02-16-2020, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Yes it is. If someone walks into your house without permission it constitutes a breach of your rights of property, a violent action against a person. When an illegal immigrant does this, it breaches the rights of the nation's sovereignty over its territory.

No one has the foresight to know whether the intentions of the person are good or bad - and the very reason is because they avoid going through the proper channels of government screening. If someone crosses into your country illegally, you can't know if its a refugee or a drug dealer or a foreign invader until the person is confronted by the authorities.

The ends don't justify the means.
Countries IMPOSE boundaries by violent force of arms. They drive indigenous peoples off their land, where they have lived for thousands of years. The "Wall" was just imposed on sacred indigenous land along the border. We need rules and regulations, but national boundaries aren't sacrosanct. Crossing them without permission from a violent government is not, in itself, a "violent" act if one comes in peace .

Every child that's born is an unknown quantity. Some might grow up to be monsters without a conscience. Should we forbid people from having children, even though the vast majority will be good citizens of the nation?
Unread 02-16-2020, 07:19 AM

I'm against allowing anyone and everyone just entering this nation.
As I was subjected to numerous films during my grade school years that supported "zero population growth" and know that many of my fellow classmates took that concept seriously , then it seems we were all duped, [brainwashed, even?], and many now feel betrayed... as most of these immigrants at present are from countries that far exceed the average birth rate for the world.
California now has more people than water resources available during its drought years.. and some scientist believe that is just the beginning,r.e. these recent years of so many droughts, that California will eventually become as dry as the Sahara.

I also kind of object to allowing refugees into this country that were unwilling to fight for what is theirs.
My ancestors fought in the American Revolution, some died. If these people are unwilling to fight for their own lands, what will they do if such were to happen here, in the United States?

Most of the Quakers were run off to Canada during the American Revolution , as they were pacifists, tending to British wounded as well as American, and because they refused to pay a tax to support that war. Those ancestors of mine that I am descended from were "Free Quaker" and "Funkites" {Free Mennonites} It was only very recently that I learned that my 6 Xs great grandfather that fought for the Virginia Militia, in the American Revolution, by declaring himself to be a "Free Quaker" in 1778 had for a mother, a woman whom was, a Mennonite, the daughter of Dutch Mennonites that had immigrated to Pennsylvania at the invitation of the Quakers there that solicited for people of all faiths to come live with them in mutual respect and brotherhood.

While, yes, I do honor those ancestors of mine that preceded that one that fought, I have to take exception to their belief in total pacifism as that stems from the King James translation of the Old Testament. In the original Hebrew text that commandment of Gods' is "Thou shall not murder" and not "Kill", as King James would have us believe.
I suspect that it was a deliberate change, a politically motivated change, so as to keep the people passive and non resistant to the Kings' demands and his armies.

Another thing I have noticed is that the gov't has been re-settling these immigrants en masse, that is to say in very large numbers, in concentrated areas of long standing cultural identities Such as the large community of Muslims in areas of Minnesota. What that does is dilute the cultural identity of that community, dilute the voting block it has had and sustains.
In the area, I grew up in Los Angeles County, my old neighbors tell me that so many Armenians have been settled there that the town is now almost completely changed. In fact there is now an Armenian mafia in Los Angeles, and there was a shoot out in a supermarket parking lot in L.A. just last December that was because that group of thugs wanted protection money from the llong time owner, whom flatly refused to pay it. It was always a staunchly conservative community, and very tightly knit, as it is in its own little valley between the San Gabriel Mountains and the Verdugo Hills. Since I left nearly 50 years ago, they have allowed zoning laws to change, despite the communities protestations, allowing three and four story apartment complexes to be built, housing hundreds were once a single family dwelling stood., with no addressing the narrow streets that are now congested with traffic daily, nor that there is no space for recreational pursuits anywhere nearby.

...and not to mention that the Democrats are presently dependent on the votes of recent immigrants ...and illegal immigrants too... to sustain any sizable membership in State and National assemblies.

Considering the recent debacle they put on with that impeachment nonsense, they may likely need a great increase in those kind of voters... as I believe they are surely going to see a backlash from every corner of the nation come the elections this year.

I'm totally for Bernie getting the office, but if it takes that to win... and I really hate to say this... then I'd rather endure four more years of Trump
Unread 02-16-2020, 07:28 AM

If it were up to me, I would have all land presently designated as belonging to the U.S. gov't returned immediately to its indigenous peoples. Then I would have it so only those indigenous people could approve any more immigration into this country.
We can't just give them back their land and move out, but we can do the next best thing.
As for myself, as I wrote above, I am a direct descendant of Quakers , they arrived here in 1683 and despite the King of England telling them that the land was theirs for the taking, they paid the local tribe for their land, to that tribes satisfaction.
...not to mention I do have some indigenous ancestry, myself... a bit more than Eliz. Warren does, too...

Last edited by piercethevale; 02-16-2020 at 07:30 AM.
Unread 02-16-2020, 09:43 AM

Before europeans arrived in the americas, indigenous tribes were slaugthering and conquering each other for territory. That is the history of the world. The Aztecs in central america and the Incas in south america conquered and enslaved multiple small tribes forming massive empires.

Just because europeans arrived with better technology that allowed them to swiftly conquer the continent means very little. There is no reason why you should give back anything, because that is how the world was shaped.

You also can't really give back lands to anyone, because who would you give them to: the last tribe of people that occupied a territory? or the original owners? or the ones before that?

Also how do you include people with a certain percentage of X tribe's bloodline. Like if you are 2% cherokee? or 5% Sioux? do you get a share of land?

Its highly impractical.

Last edited by Dirius; 02-16-2020 at 09:51 AM.
ElenaJ (02-21-2020)
Unread 02-16-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Countries IMPOSE boundaries by violent force of arms. They drive indigenous peoples off their land, where they have lived for thousands of years. The "Wall" was just imposed on sacred indigenous land along the border. We need rules and regulations, but national boundaries aren't sacrosanct. Crossing them without permission from a violent government is not, in itself, a "violent" act if one comes in peace .

Every child that's born is an unknown quantity. Some might grow up to be monsters without a conscience. Should we forbid people from having children, even though the vast majority will be good citizens of the nation?

Yes it is david. There are proper channels to seek refugee status or asylum. Crossing ilegally isn't one.

ElenaJ (02-21-2020)
Unread 02-16-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Yes it is david. There are proper channels to seek refugee status or asylum. Crossing ilegally isn't one.
Trespassing is NOT a "violent" crime.
Unread 02-16-2020, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Trespassing is NOT a "violent" crime.
Sneaking into a foreign country to LIVE and work there, and access benefits is way more than trespassing. It is stolen identities, embezzlement, breaking and entering, burglary, etc.
ElenaJ (02-21-2020)
Unread 02-16-2020, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Sneaking into a foreign country to LIVE and work there, and access benefits is way more than trespassing. It is stolen identities, embezzlement, breaking and entering, burglary, etc.

And what percentage of legitimate people coming from south of our border countries, are in this group? Legit vs non-legit that is. Links appreciated.

https://www.history.com/topics/immig...tates-timeline

In my ethnically diverse childhood neighborhood, we had many in our schools and neighbors referred to as DPs. They were the "displaced persons" from various European countries displaced because of war and uprooting during WW 2 and post WW2. We were called "war babies " then.

The displaced people in my neighborhood were more from Poland and the Ukraine. Many went to the nearby Catholic School where I went. I must say, I recall some whose habits were so different from my own, but it simply added eventually to my education and lack of fear of "others" different from myself. That was a blessing! For example, before I befriended a young girl with long thick pigtails braided each morning and her younger sister (who was my sister's age), in the same school, I hadn't known the smell from her hair was her father's insistence on washing their hair before braiding each day with eggs. Yep! thick and shiny hair, but smelled like eggs, lol.

btw: Nancy Pelosi lived within walking distance of where I lived., so likely she TOO had known many of these young people who came with their parents from Europe. Nancy D'Alessandro as she was known then went to the local catholic school in "Little Italy" (as we called this portion of town...) Little Italy was also a favorite haunt of Mafiaoso figures when in town as well as the "Rat Pack" i.e. Sinatra, Dean Martin & Sammy Davis Jr. as well as the Kennedy in law.

Like I said, we all grew up unafraid of people, unlike today's bunch; and far better off for it. I believe my personality is summed up for me, by my 11th house Uranus cj. NN trine Neptune, Quintile the MC. I'm opened and shocked how closed off so many of my fellow citizens are due to nothing more then subconscious drilled in fears likely based on lack of getting out much. (across the borders)

Last edited by leomoon; 02-16-2020 at 11:46 PM.
Unread 02-16-2020, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Burglary and other property crimes are not in the category of "violent" crimes.
Unread 02-16-2020, 11:47 PM

Is forcibly separating children from their families and keeping them in cages a "violent" crime?
Unread 02-17-2020, 02:53 PM

PiercetheVale: Thanks for the reminder of Pluto transits and how they may affect people and events. I read this and it made me think of the following, although I forgot to copy your quote. I think it was about Buttigieg's natal chart with the transit.

Ref:
Quote:
The Pluto aspect causes rejection, or to look down upon, traditional cultural standards and mores of society.

I didn't realize this, although I've experienced it, especially during Pluto's transit over my personal planet & opposing my ASC. Thanks for reminding: * I think? I saw a lovely woman, a fairly well known astrologer on Facebook's Mundane page post a chart forsomething the other day with a noon time. Someone immediately went up and down on the poor woman telling her off (it was everything I could do to contain myself)....as I hate when people do this. I did say however, thanks for her efforts, (then everyone else followed the thanks of their own and told her its common when people do this to never contribute anything worthwhile like their OWN charts to help out) ... She (the astrologer who posted the noon chart for Bill Barr and his father Donald who wrote a sci-fi book that sounds very much like Jeffrey Epstein's life and knew him well ) said simply, and graciously: "Tr Sun is squaring my Natal Sun to the minute right now and opposing Natal Pluto. Transiting Uranus is squaring my Progressed Sun and opposing Natal Saturn within a couple of minutes. I think I'll go walk the dog now"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_...Io0_wNcRxQMt7g

I also reminded that this happens to me all the time during Tr. Pluto events that astounded me at the time of occurrence via others. YET, now and then, always I wonder how the universe operates, (we ARE the universe), and somehow, someway, mysteriously at least to me; a human being usually will enter our ?sleeping? consciousness simply to hurt, degrade or insult another human being for what possible reason then to elevate oneself at the expense of another? .....I think it must be more then that however. I'm stuck on the old adage, we are all inter-connected and can't get past that thought on this one. It does help us all I think who known astrology can at least SEE the visual effect of the moving heavenly bodies on a chart and somehow, not take these slights so personally. Although, admittedly, its hard to do.

Here is DJT's natal on Election Day:

Last edited by leomoon; 02-17-2020 at 03:04 PM.
Unread 02-18-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
And what percentage of legitimate people coming from south of our border countries, are in this group? Legit vs non-legit that is. Links appreciated.

https://www.history.com/topics/immig...tates-timeline

In my ethnically diverse childhood neighborhood, we had many in our schools and neighbors referred to as DPs. They were the "displaced persons" from various European countries displaced because of war and uprooting during WW 2 and post WW2. We were called "war babies " then.

The displaced people in my neighborhood were more from Poland and the Ukraine. Many went to the nearby Catholic School where I went. I must say, I recall some whose habits were so different from my own, but it simply added eventually to my education and lack of fear of "others" different from myself. That was a blessing! For example, before I befriended a young girl with long thick pigtails braided each morning and her younger sister (who was my sister's age), in the same school, I hadn't known the smell from her hair was her father's insistence on washing their hair before braiding each day with eggs. Yep! thick and shiny hair, but smelled like eggs, lol.
Probably all the people you mentioned, entered the country by legal means and resettled according to the law - which is way different from what its being discussed here.

Ilegal migration usually comes with a huge number of criminal activity, such as drug traffic and sex traffic. But suppose in your view that is ok?

Last edited by Dirius; 02-18-2020 at 08:12 AM.
Unread 02-18-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Is forcibly separating children from their families and keeping them in cages a "violent" crime?
Well it was the Obama administration which began the policy of putting children in cages. Why didn't he bother to upgrade detention centers?

ElenaJ (02-21-2020)
Unread 02-18-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Well it was the Obama administration which began the policy of putting children in cages. Why didn't he bother to upgrade detention centers?
Nope. Obama threatened to, as a deterrent. Never actually went through with it. Remember the coat the current First Lady wore to a detention center?-- "I don't really care, do you?"

Tags
2020, contenders, democrat, election, party, presidential