Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Ukpoohbear

Ok actually the earthquake was in the Caribbean and the tsunami warning subsequently for Jamaica. Just a warning so nothing has happened but a warning is scary enough.

david starling

Passiflora, what's your opinion about the assertion that the transition into the Aquarian Age was evidenced by the tremendous interest in the early 20th Century in the very concept of the Ages themselves--an idea for which the time had come? :unsure:

david starling

With a little more context we can discuss it. It seems that people in traditional societies have been using Ages to explain the peculiarity of existing perched at a point in history, for a very long time. Whether that was always tied to astrological Ages is hard to say. It would be good to ascertain when astrology became divorced from theology, cosmology, and political science more generally. It can't have been that very long ago. You are talking about the Theosophists?

More about Karl Jung, who is credited with introducing the Aquarian Age into the public domain in a non-occult, secular manner. But, even with Jung's prestige supporting the concept, it still had to "resonant" on its own among millions of people.

david starling

I am politely unsure of this take. You have a jungian in the family, I know. But Jung was quite spiritual, not exactly what we call secular today. And the deep yet accessible spirituality he wrote about has been practiced by millions of people outside Europe for a long time. He was unabashed in borrowing “oriental” concepts, not that there is anything wrong with cross-pollination, but I don’t know how one can date the earth with a merely Eurocentric center of gravity in thought forms.

I take "secular" to mean "other than religious", rather than "non-spiritual". Jung believed the Aquarian Age will end religion as we know it, whereas the Theosophers tied it to a blend of Christianity and Hinduism.

petosiris

Banned
What exactly is a non-institutional monotheism when every monotheistic religion has a law that requires jurisprudence? Perchance our great Western institutions that guarantee our 21st century quality of life arose from God's grace in certain Judeo-Christian values that are based on religious jurisprudence?

Last edited:

david starling

I think it's fair to say that the Precessional-age concept has been effectively ignored by Biblical Christians, standard Hinduism (which prefers the Yugas), AND, by most all modern-day siderealists, who view it as almost a non-factor in their astrology. It's the tropicalists who are expecting great changes ahead due to an Age of Aquarius, and not necessarily according to any particular religious beliefs.

petosiris

Banned
I take "secular" to mean "other than religious", rather than "non-spiritual". Jung believed the Aquarian Age will end religion as we know it, whereas the Theosophers tied it to a blend of Christianity and Hinduism.

Blend of Christianity and Hinduism? Have you read the passage around 2 Corinthians 6:14? It speaks of yoga.

david starling

I don’t know. Religion, religare, is the yoke, like yoga. What’s getting yoked will certainly change. You can see lots of earth-centered local practices dying out through the flattening effect of globalization, weakening the yoke between social organization and local ecology and economy. It’s not only institutionalized monotheism with its authoritarian power structure that stands to be changed if the yoke itself dissolves. We are yoked by story, too. If the old libraries burn there needs to be something better than mere sci-fi to take its place.

Direct, personal, experiential knowledge of, and connection to "the Cosmos", for want of a better word, as I see it. Past, Present, and Future combined, which has been called "the end of linear-time consciousness".

Obviously, we're not there yet, just in the early transitional stages as we gradually let go of our materialistic mind-set.

petosiris

Banned
I think it's fair to say that the Precessional-age concept has been effectively ignored by Biblical Christians, standard Hinduism (which prefers the Yugas), AND, by most all modern-day siderealists, who view it as almost a non-factor in their astrology. It's the tropicalists who are expecting great changes ahead due to an Age of Aquarius, and not necessarily according to any particular religious beliefs.

The 2000 years concept of ages has been noted by Jews and Christians long before the age of Aquarius just without the constellation as signs (Genesis 1 - other ignored signs are the Lion for Judah, or the Virgin for Mary the mother of Jesus) - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1017085&postcount=8807

petosiris

Banned
But not astrologically calculated for some reason.

Astrology is helpless compared to the prophecies and intervention of God in the history of the world. A constellation may note the upcoming age, but there is no way it can indicate the things that are written in the Bible to one who is not familiar with it.