Do Aquarius tend to hate sports and are weak at physical activities? If so why?

Darth MI

I am Aquarius dominant and an Aquarius Mars and I'd have to tell you for most of my life I ******* hated sports. I could not comprehend what makes soccer or tennis so appealing nor could I understand why society views having a muscular body so desirable. I was as nerdy as they go and spent much of my freetime reading.

The only sports that appealed to me were combat sports and probably that's due to Scorpio being my primary dominant (it outedges Aquarius by decimals) and my Part of Sports being in Scorpio and even than I did not commit much to combat sports as the stereotypical Scorpio man does and I was mostly a spectator in the sense I LOVED watching MMA fights or marksmanship tournament but I barely participated in activities in the sports; not even daily exercises at least. In fact whenever I tried to do required basic exercises like martial arts stretching, I'd give up as soon as it started to hurt or I'd be too lazy to even initiate basic exercises to begin with as soon as I decided to practice the sport.

Its only recently with some severe wake up calls and the fact I've been borderline dying from diabetes I finally started taking sports seriously. Not just combat sports but track and field,etc.

In fact I think the only reason I am able to last rigorous physical activity once I get the mental shell to endure the pain is because of my Scorpio Ascendant and strong Scorpio dominated chart. I am shocked how much endurance my body has for someone who's been very fat and overweight for years (though I can still feel the Aquarius influence as the pain is harder for me to bear than the stereotypical Scorpio man's description).

In act I notice most of the people I met who were Aquarius Ascendant, Aquarius dominant, or Mars Aquarius tend to have an almost intrinsic hatred or apathy towards sports in general and tend to be quite physically weak. Even those who aren't nerdy at all have quite weaker bodies than average and the only reason some were fit is because their parents pushed them into physical activity. Otherwise they would have not only been unfit but possibly obese and with loads of physical activities like I was.

I am curious is there any correlation between strong Aquarius influence and weak bodies and hatred towards sports and physical activities?

If so, why does Aquarius tend to have an immense almost intrinsic hatred towards physical activities? Of course upbringing and life experiences can modify this like the recent one I received with lots of health problems coming from diabetes.

Jesse Booth

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

In truth, that is an accurate statement. Mostly. Aquarius tends to be more cerebral than physical, and so, unless athleticism is encouraged in childhood, they will tend to be rather lazy.

However, Aquarians are by no means naturally weak-bodied. That, as far as I can tell, is nearly entirely genetic. I myself am an Aquarius with a stellium within that sign. I may be very thin, but I've inherited that from my dad, and I have decent strength for my size, courtesy of my genes as well.

Also, you'd have to check this yourself, but I heard Jackie Robinson was an Aquarius.

Don't take that joke at the beginning the wrong way. You're making good progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

greybeard

Not all Aquarians hate sports:

Babe Ruth, who smoked cigars and hit homeruns
Michael Jordan, who was the Super Basketball League embodied in one man
Hank Aaron, who broke Ruth’s long standing homerun record
Jim Brown, who knew how to carry a football
Jackie Robinson, who was so good that despite his color he became a Brooklyn Dodger
Wayne Gretsky, ask your Canadian friends, who call him The Great One.
Bill Russell, a moderately successful basketball giant
Jack Nicklaus, I think he played golf
Mark Spitz, How many Olympic Gold Medals does he hold?

Take note, there are also Aquarians (and representatives of all the other signs) who are averse to crime, banking, politics, farming, going to sea on ships, teaching, raising children, science, military action and auto mechanics.

The reason Aquarians are weak-bodied is that they are Intellectuals (commonly called Nerds, or in my day Egg-heads.) Have you ever met an Aquarian who wasn't brighter than a 200 watt bulb?

[edited to eliminate attacking comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

jupiterianguru

I am aquarius ascendant but no planets in this sign. I admit I do have a problem with laziness sometimes but once I get to doing something and sometimes that requires a push from someone else I have no problems. I never cared much for sports at all. It seems I wanted more intellectual things and to study stuff. I found it a waste of time. So far as exercize I am fine just walking out in nature and in like it. Throwing a ball around seems boring. I went to high school sporting games but never payed attention I just sat on the sidelines and talked to people.
So this is true about aquarius
I probably should exercize more as I am not greatly physically fit but saturn conjunct my ruling Uranus keeps me thin no matter what I eat and looking kind of weak I am usually underweight (example I am 5"11 and 125 pounds) I don't mind though. I could eat junk food all day everyday and never gain weight seriously lol

Last edited:

junoisuppose

There might be something in your theory, like Jesse Booth said Aquarius is an air sign and associated with ideas and technology, so their interests might lie in that direction.

But on the other hand I read this about aquarius sun's today:

http://www.quotablezodiac.com/sports

In the case of Luis Suarez he has mars in aries to make up for his aquarius sun.

Birch Dragon

I meant to reply to this thread weeks ago but haven't had the time to type anything out on the ol' AW... And now of course the conversation's moved on.
But I wanted to throw in anyway, because my Mars is in Aquarius, conjunct Jupiter, and with both Luminaries in Aries (in the 8th house) and Pluto in my 1st house, that gives me a fairly Aries/Scorpio bent, which means my Mars should be pretty darn significant in my personality.
When I was a kid - pre-teens - I loved football (soccer) but hated the competition and the aggressive attitude of the boys, and so I quit. And for decades there was nothing athletic about me. I was all musician and then all academic. But in my late twenties - and now that I type this I realize it was around my Saturn Return - I became a gym rat and a soccer player. And you can bet I'm loosing waaay too many hours I don't have to lose this summer to the World Cup.
Go Canada!!!! :whistling:
If I was to hazard a guess from my own experience (so... Just an unsubstantiated guess), I wonder whether it's less about Aquarius being a sign prone to physical weakness or lack of athletic desire, and more that the inherent aggressiveness and egoism of so many of the sports we elevate offend Aquarius's more lofty, humane nature????
I wonder how many excellent hacky-sackers have heavy Aquarians influences? Hacky-sack: a brilliant sport with no winners, losers or even competing teams!

So, there's some more anecdotal evidence for you to ponder, Darth. Though again, I realize, the conversation's already over and you've probably already pondered over the subject all that you feel like pondering.

But before I finish this post I want to encourage your continued efforts at investigating the astrological world. You've been getting flak on this board for consistently displaying a relatively superficial understanding of the signs, frequently slipping back into simple Sun sign astrology. And where posters encourage you to move past that I second that encouragement. But I do see you moving past that.
With this OP you had a hypothesis about not just Aquarius Sun but a few possible Aquarians aspects - Sun, Ascendent, Mars. You had some initial, anecdotal evidence to support your theory - friends and people you've noticed. Then you threw it out there on the board to see if the hypothesis holds - if there's any more anecdotal, empirical evidence. You're thinking about the nature of Aquarius on a theoretical level and testing out hypothesis by looking to gather empirical evidence.
Hey... That's just what the greats on this site do.

So it's increasingly looking like this particular hypothesis might not hold, but I applaud the investigation.

Last edited: