Does my chart have any dominant planets?

Drowzy_Shooter

I was just curious.

Attachments

• REALCHARTastro_2gw_01_drowzy_shooter.73661.13401.jpg
    REALCHARTastro_2gw_01_drowzy_shooter.73661.13401.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 29

miquar

Saturn makes a lot of aspects, and rules two personal planets. It also looks to be on your Sun/Moon midpoint as well as forming hard minor aspects to Sun and Moon.

Uranus, Jupiter angular

Pluto conjunct Sun, and square Moon. Pluto rules your Sun

I'd say Saturn and Pluto are your most powerful planets.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Hi,

I'm amending this; your Sun is still in Scorpio, barely, but it is still there. It makes several important aspects including a square with your Moon, and trine Neptune and Uranus. I think Mars, Mercury and Saturn also figure prominently.

Mars is in Capricorn which definitely has the highest dignity. It's in conjunction with Venus, which changes the nature of Mars in Cap. It's trine to the Moon is wide to me (orbs are hotly debated) and leaves it with a Saturn square in the 6th house. Mars in the 6th house of Capricorn, and square Saturn: could be a workaholic!

I agree about Pluto ^^^ I chose (rightly or wrongly) the Sun as it has more dignity, and I think it offers choice of path through life. Oh, I should add, I personally look for dominants amongst the traditional planets (Sun to Saturn) as for me, the rest are more generational in effect.

Last edited:

Frank

I think your Sun is your most dominant planet. It's a good candidate being the Sun anyway, but in your case also rules your Leo AC, is also in the fire triplicity where it's most comfortable...

The Sun appears to be in Scorpio in the chart. Mars is strongest by Essential Dignity.

byjove

Account Closed
Yes, Mars was my number 2 owing to the Sun's position. And indeed, the Sun is still in Scorpio by 9 minutes, rendering Mars only in essential dignity, quite right.

Lightrider

I don't know much about dignities, but maybe this could help. Go to astro.com and click on "Horoscope Drawings & Calculations". Then click on "Extended Chart Selection" and select "Pullen/Astrolog". Look for "Sign/house dispositor graph" and click on it. You will be able to see what planets have the most energy in your chart. I will put mine as an example:

astro_b2sig_01_lightrider_hp.66396.19513.gif

As you can see in the first graph, Saturn is disposing of all of my planets, except for Pluto. Saturn has a lot of "subordinates", while Pluto is rather a loner. This way i know Saturn is collecting the energies of all of the planets it's disposing of. But, since Saturn is not ruling over Pluto, i can't really say for sure what planet is stronger. At this point, what i can do, in order to break a tie, is to locate the ruler of my Asc and see which planet is disposing of it. The ruler of my Asc is Jupiter, which is disposed by The Moon, which is disposed by Mercury, which is disposed by Saturn. In the same way, we see that The Sun if finally disposed by Saturn.

We also have to take mutual receptions into account. In my chart, Saturn and Mars are in mutual reception by exaltation, which, in a way, means they are sharing their energies.

So to conclude, the most dominants planets in my chart are:

Saturn > Mars > Pluto

You can also calculate Lilly Strengths (based on essential and accidental dignities) by using an Astrology Software. This is what i got:

Saturn > Mars > Uranus > Pluto

Hope this helps ^.^

Last edited:

Lightrider

It shows house dispositors. In that chart, Venus is highlighted because i have a stellium in the 7th house, which is traditionally ruled by Venus.