Dignity + Combustion

Percifrax

I've been noticing this in a lot of charts lately but I'm having a hard time finding any explanations of this online. Since combustion burns and overshadows a a planet, how would that be affected by the combust planet being exalted or domicile? Some examples being Mercury combust in Gemini or Mars combust in Capricorn.

I understand the difference between essential and accidental dignity, but I'm still a little bit confused about the concept of combustion and I'm not sure how it interacts with essential dignity.

petosiris

Banned
I've been noticing this in a lot of charts lately but I'm having a hard time finding any explanations of this online. Since combustion burns and overshadows a a planet, how would that be affected by the combust planet being exalted or domicile? Some examples being Mercury combust in Gemini or Mars combust in Capricorn.

I understand the difference between essential and accidental dignity, but I'm still a little bit confused about the concept of combustion and I'm not sure how it interacts with essential dignity.

According to some Hellenistic authors, a planet in exaltation, domicile or bound is not hurt by the beams. However, in my experience, the star is still weakened to the extent it overrides the previous condition.

dr. farr

In my opinion combustion overcomes dignity and renders the combust planet weak for any influence; however, I follow the Ankara (old Turkish) outlook regarding the orb of combustion, which is less than the traditional orb (I follow Ankara's 5 degree orb of combustion; also-again following the Ankara outlook-I do not credit "under the beams" with any significant effect)