Weak Saturn

IfIKnewBetter

Difficult Saturn Aspects

I pop up on here way too much. :alien:

I have a weak Saturn. I'm saying this because it aspects other planets in tense ways, oppositions and squares, granted some of them are in a wide orb. I still see influence regardless. He's decided to spread himself all over my chart. I have all the things attributed with this placement (*insert glittery text* depression, delays, restrictions, terrible paternal influences, some physical things, etc) and I'd like to know what I can do for it. Since Saturn and Pluto are my dominant planets (according to astro.com) I'd like to address it. Maybe other people with Saturn Oppositions and Squares will benefit from this thread too and if you have those placements go ahead and tell me about your experiences.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_me_hw.82694.30783.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_me_hw.82694.30783.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Lin

Re: Difficult Saturn Aspects

Gemini or Leo are really undermined by a Saturn and Pluto that are so difficult.
And Saturn is not weak.....it's too prominent which means it's powerful.
But Saturn always has a message. And a long list of stuff it wants to teach you. for some reason.
It's got to be a struggle to maintain your Gemini authenticity. But it's important. You need to work on it...like going to the gym, metaphorically.

You mustn't let Saturn - or Pluto define your whole being.

I have Saturn angular and square Mars. Plus my progressed ASC is now Capricorn and has been....well....too effen long. So Saturn is with me every day and I really hate it.

When I was a kid it was always hard for me to say NO....now it's hard for me to say YES. I have to be conscious of it all the time.
LIN

IfIKnewBetter

Gemini or Leo are really undermined by a Saturn and Pluto that are so difficult.
And Saturn is not weak.....it's too prominent which means it's powerful.
But Saturn always has a message. And a long list of stuff it wants to teach you. for some reason.
It's got to be a struggle to maintain your Gemini authenticity. But it's important. You need to work on it...like going to the gym, metaphorically.

You mustn't let Saturn - or Pluto define your whole being.

I have Saturn angular and square Mars. Plus my progressed ASC is now Capricorn and has been....well....too effen long. So Saturn is with me every day and I really hate it.

When I was a kid it was always hard for me to say NO....now it's hard for me to say YES. I have to be conscious of it all the time.
LIN

Prominent= Powerful but is that a good thing with "tense" aspects? I don't know. Obviously not. Why did I ask.

I'm trying to figure out exactly what that list is. Do I go by aspects, planets in houses, rulerships or all of the above? I want to work at it before my Saturn return which is apparently hell. I'm wondering what that'll be like for me.

muchacho

I pop up on here way too much. :alien:

I have a weak Saturn. I'm saying this because it aspects other planets in tense ways, oppositions and squares, granted some of them are in a wide orb. I still see influence regardless. He's decided to spread himself all over my chart. I have all the things attributed with this placement (*insert glittery text* depression, delays, restrictions, terrible paternal influences, some physical things, etc) and I'd like to know what I can do for it. Since Saturn and Pluto are my dominant planets (according to astro.com) I'd like to address it. Maybe other people with Saturn Oppositions and Squares will benefit from this thread too and if you have those placements go ahead and tell me about your experiences.
Generally speaking, what really counts is the inherent strength of a planet. The aspects the planet receives are also a factor but not so important.

IfIKnewBetter

Generally speaking, what really counts is the inherent strength of a planet. The aspects the planet receives are also a factor but not so important.

Why is that? Is it number of aspects or something else that makes a planet "strong" or not in a chart?

Lin

I believe the aspects are very important because they will modify, one way or the other, the character of strength of the experience of the Saturn return.

Strong or powerful are not necessarily considered "good" at the time of the experience.
Saturn aspects and transits can only be appraised AFTER the fact, when one can see objectively what the he__ happened.

Personally, My Saturn has both difficult and supportive aspects natally.

Ironically, the upheaval in my life came BEFORE my Saturn return (a year or two) and by the time of my Saturn return I was in a period of restructure.
But the real cue is always the house position of Saturn. All roads lead to the issues of that house.
(IMHO)
LIN

Lin

I don't want to totally disagree with that statement because metaphysically it is true.
However, "relatively" there are Saturns which are poorly placed and relatively ineffectual until the native "works" on the issues which Saturn presents.
LIN

Lin

To the original poster:

You know, of course, that Saturn doesn't enter your natal Saturn sign until March of 2020.
And you won't feel your Saturn return until the end of 2020.

there is a lot of living and a lot of working and a lot of decisions to be made in the interim. Almost 4 years worth.

I suggest that whatever your weaknesses and shortcoming are, you work on from now until that Saturn return. That will make the return much less stressful and disruptive.
And if you don't know what your faults, flaws and shortcomings are, it's probably a good idea to find out. Between the north node in Capricorn and Saturn in the 4th house you need to settle down to a real and structured life....whatever that means to you.

It doesn't have to be anyone else's idea or ideal of what that is....it has to be what YOU can live with....and you especially have to begin working on your long term goals.

I know with an MC, Jupiter, Venus and Mars in Leo you are not someone who wants to start at the bottom, but you just may have to....if you want to spend your life reaching personal goals.

You need to figure out what type of accomplishment makes you happy and satisfied with yourself. And then you need to find the way to GET to that place.

Yes, you do have a lot of conflict. But Conflict forces us to make decisions...use our power of judgement and take responsibility for that which we choose.

Sometimes the road to success is NOT a straight line. Think about this,
LIN

muchacho

Why is that? Is it number of aspects or something else that makes a planet "strong" or not in a chart?
It's a whole number of factors, actually. Placement in sign, house and aspects. In vedic astrology you would also have to look at placements in divisional charts. It's a very complicated process. In modern western astrology, however, no one really cares about strength of planets. But if you want to do predictions, you need to know about the strength of planets or else you won't know which planet delivers what results or is dominant if there are clusters of planets in the natal chart or in the transit chart. In your vedic chart, your Saturn is rather strong, btw.

Alkaid

Your Saturn is not weak, by any stretch of the imagination.

It's in Aquarius, which is it's domicilie +5 and the sign of it's rejoicing (ie it likes Aquarius and is more beneficially effective there than it's other domicile: Capricorn). Moreover Saturn has dignity by triplicity +3, since it's a day chart. A +8 score in essential dignity is anything but weak. Saturn is also in the 4th house, which is atleast a very good house. Saturn is in good sect as well being a day chart and being in a diurnal sign, it being below the horizon is the only thing keeping it from being in hayz. Saturn is oriental to the sun, which is good as well. The only real problem inherently with the planet is that he's retrograde.

Beyond the inherent level the primary issue Saturn has is the opposition with your MC and the squares it makes to your ascendant and fallen moon. This is what you're noticing with your Saturn. You most likely have great fear in regards to emotional and physical security and these attitudes sabotage your efforts a great deal. Plus your home life probably was unstable growing up, which is affecting you more than you know now.

Your Saturn is very strong, so it's causing you real problems that you will need maturity and/or tenacity to solve and/or accept.