Weak Mars, bad surgeon?

Hello people,

I would be extremely grateful if you would help me with one question, very crucial to my career and I'm afraid to make a mistake. I changed career to medicine, I'm very happy, but ... I'm very indecisive about what to specialize. I'm interested in pediatrics, neurology, forensic medicine, pathology, some types of surgery... I'm not familiar with how to recognize which "body parts", or which speciality suits me the best. All as I know is that my Mars is in Libra and I guess it's not very agressive to become a surgeon, but I could do anything, just don't know where I'm the strongest ... :confused:

Attachments

• astro question.png
    astro question.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Pisces13

Banned
Hello people,

I would be extremely grateful if you would help me with one question, very crucial to my career and I'm afraid to make a mistake. I changed career to medicine, I'm very happy, but ... I'm very indecisive about what to specialize. I'm interested in pediatrics, neurology, forensic medicine, pathology, some types of surgery... I'm not familiar with how to recognize which "body parts", or which speciality suits me the best. All as I know is that my Mars is in Libra and I guess it's not very agressive to become a surgeon, but I could do anything, just don't know where I'm the strongest ... :confused:

I'm still learning astrology myself, so someone else could offer you more information, but your Mars is in the 10th house which I have read is a great placement for surgeons and shows lots of career ambition in general. It's also making a good aspect to Jupiter in the 2nd, which I'm only taking an educated guess at this part, but I'd say Mars in the 10th making a good aspect to Jupiter in the 2nd would possibly mean a career that is financially rewarding--and surgeons make very good money.

Thank you for answering. For me it's really about choosing the right field, money is secondary, if it's there I will not mind :smile:, but I just want to see if there is "greater plan" about specific specialty. I've tried to find it out alone from this natal, but it's too complex.

Osamenor

Staff member
One planet alone doesn't sink your career plans. We have to consider the chart as a whole to determine the kind of career that's best for you, and even then, there are always multiple answers. The best answer, in the end, is your own choice.

To me, your chart looks very good for a surgeon. Surgeons need patience and attention to detail, and the signs you have shaping your sixth and tenth houses--Taurus and Virgo--provide that. At least, they suggest you'd do well in a career that involves patience and attention to detail. A red hot Mars, in fact, might not be so good for that, because it could lead to great impatience. Mars tempered with the balancing and healing energy of Libra sounds very much like a surgeon to me: a healer that cuts and destroys.

Your stellium in Scorpio, which includes your sun and moon, fits extremely well with pretty much everything you've listed. Scorpio loves to probe, dig deep, discover what's underneath the surface. That matches what surgeons do, and forensic pathologists, and neurologists. Sun and Saturn in the twelfth also looks very good for a career along those lines: work behind the scenes, with Scorpio's imperative to look for hidden things.

Really? Great! I was pretty much confused since one astrologer told me I'll do well in small surgeries, especially the head. I don't see myself in cosmetic surgery or dermatology, I want to go abroad and help people in poor countries as my own, not to deal with vanity! I was surprised when I read someone could see e.g. orthopedic surgery in someone's chart, so I thought I could ask you since I wasted money and didn't get proper analysis... Thank you for your answer, sorry for my broken English!

Slenkar

It would be funny if the mars sign decided the type of surgery.

In your case it would be ovaries bladder or kidneys.

Osamenor

Staff member
Really? Great! I was pretty much confused since one astrologer told me I'll do well in small surgeries, especially the head. I don't see myself in cosmetic surgery or dermatology, I want to go abroad and help people in poor countries as my own, not to deal with vanity! I was surprised when I read someone could see e.g. orthopedic surgery in someone's chart, so I thought I could ask you since I wasted money and didn't get proper analysis...

Most of the people who post here are not professional astrologers. Everyone who's responded to this thread so far is an amateur at varying levels of knowledge. I'm not versed enough in the finer points to know which placements would indicate which parts of the body, and as far as I know, neither are the other posters in this thread.

Not only that, there are multiple schools of thought on astrology. That you ought to do small surgeries on the head sounds like something a traditional or Vedic astrologer might say. I work with evolutionary astrology, which would never try to spell out your career for you down to such minute detail.

Even a professional evolutionary astrologer would be doing you a disservice if they looked at your chart and said you should become a surgeon, let alone you should do small surgeries on the head. There are many lines of work that would be compatible with your birth chart. Medicine is one of them, but far from the only one. What narrows it down for you isn't your birth chart, it's what you're interested in and have the opportunity to pursue. Evolutionary astrology looks at the big picture, not necessarily the small details.

The trouble with getting so specific about what kind of career you should pursue based on your birth chart is that those kinds of predictions are often wrong. I've had lots of people tell me on this board that I should work in tech because I have Uranus at the midheaven. I have absolutely no interest in that field.

Thank you for your answer. I guess this battle is meant to be fought alone.
I didn't ask anyone on this forum before, it was a serious traditional astrologer, or it seemed, but his words didn't match my goals that much.

Thanks everyone anyway, I will go with what my experience and intuition will tell me ...

Have a nice week!

Zonark

Hands capable of both healing and wounding, Chiron I would see as the ruler of surgery, since it is wounding to healing, you have it in Gemini, so Chiron does his work from your hands. But in the 7th, from partnerships, it would be beneficial to perform surgery while sitting and in a planned manner, Libran Mars reaffirms this. ER surgeon would not be right for you. Too chaotic, Libra Mars requires peace and balance to butcher. Not that surgeons are butchers mind you, resent that erroneous jibe.

Consider surgical work involving robotics and other precision technology. Jupiter's benefic in Aquarius may promise good things from technology, Mercury and Uranus both sit on the head making the native electrically sensitive, in Sagittarius so governed by Jupiter which is well disposed for tech. Yes, consider that if you haven't already.

Shanti

It would require an incredible intuitive and skilled astrologer to pinpoint such detailed analysis about specific branch of work. So it's probably best to listen to your own intuition and inner guidance about path of work. There is a higher purpose that you are meant to fulfill, which you will find if you sincerely asks and prays to get into.
Your neptune (confusion) is squaring your MC (profession path). So there is inherently some hesitation about your path and goals.

(Having said that. I think with such a full 12th house with the lights something abroad or having foreign touch could be beneficial. 12th house is 9th from the 4th and as such a house connected to distance from home.
12th house is also the house of feet, so as you mentioned pediatrics may be interesting in the context.)

Shanti

Your chart seems to indicate that key to success is to give selflessly to the World with your energy and talents.
-12th house focus.
-South node focus.
-Neptune aspects MC.

You are born on the day of a solar South node eclipse in 12th house.
(As seen by sun and Moon in conjunction with eclipsing South node in
12th house).
The South node is a Point which functions best when in a giving mode.
So serving and give to others as in medicin is a good way.

From Celeste Teal about the nodes.
http://www.dailyom.com/library/000/000/000000065.html
"Traditionally, the Dragon's Head was considered a point of intake or gain, where benefits arrive more easily and without conscious effort. It has generally been considered to be luckier and more auspicious than the Dragon's Tail, which is equated with a point of loss or vulnerability, or where sacrifice is required. The Dragon's Head offers an inflowing rush of new energy, and the Dragon's Tail provides an extracting force, inviting the release of accumulated energy."

seamoon

you will find answers within. even if it may seem wrong in the long run, in the even longer run it will work out ok I promise. close your eyes and see what you really like. i'd say sun in the 12th is good being a doctor generally. 6th house ruled by venus conjunct pluto is good for surgery too.

thelivingsky

Yes, your Mars is in detriment in Libra but it is strengthened by wonderful aspects. It is trine Jupiter and sextile Uranus and Mercury. These aspects very much help to ameliorate the the more problematic qualities of Mars in Libra which are indecision and inability to assert oneself. Two very successful and dynamic people who have Mars in Libra are Ted Turner and Bill Clinton. So you can see that one can have this Mars placement and be quite successful and capable of creating focused goals and achieving them. One could have mars in Scorpioor leo which would impart a very strong Martian energy but if those mars positions had very difficult squares (especially if there were multiple squares or inconjuncts) to Uranus or Neptune or even mercury, one could have a much more difficult time achieving than one who has a well dignified Mars in Libra.
Best of luck to you,
Barb at thelivngsky.wordpress.com

Thank you all for your responses. I very much appreciate all the help. Yes, I agree with some that there is greater potential if I move abroad, and it is what I truly feel and want. I know that choosing medicine was the right choice, there is no doubt about that, I really want to heal people and spread all this knowledge. I hope everything else will clear out soon :smile:

I thought there was something imprinted in our natal charts, I didn't know there are so many different meanings for the same planet or aspect. I mean, everyone interprets the symbols in their own way. So I've definitely learned something new, astrology is not that rigid and direct as medicine, correct me if I'm wrong ...