Do I have the potential to be an author ?

Alitta the Archer

Could you guys, please, help me search for any indicators of writing skills in my Natal birth chart ?? :innocent:

I've been in love with the written word for as long as I could remember. I've always wanted to be an author. I wrote poetry, fiction, plays and also songs. I was the Drama Club president back at high School and now, I'm majoring in English Literature. My biggest dream is to publish something of my own one day. I asked around and I was told that publishing is mainly a 9th House thing.
I have Taurus at the cusp of my 9th House. Venus, the ruler of my 9th, is located in the 3rd House in Sagittarius and it's in conjunction with both, my Mercury (Sagittarius) and my Sun (Sagittarius). I also have Gemini at the cusp of my 10th House, a Virgo Ascendant and Libra in the 2nd. My Mercury conjunct my Pluto ( which is in Scorpio) in the 3rd House.

So, is there any indicators of writing talents in my chart ? Do I have the potential of being recognized one day as an author?

Thanks in advance :happy:

Attachments

• My Natal Chart.jpg
    My Natal Chart.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 45

!4C

So, is there any indicators of writing talents in my chart ? Do I have the potential of being recognized one day as an author?
Yes, but with some caveats. It is definitely the chart of a communicator. The chart first appears to be more more in favor of 3rd house direct communications, opposed to 9th house of publishing. The 3rd house concentration of planets are mostly in Sagittarius, which is great for story telling.

However, you want to get familiar with the issues concerning the detriment mercury in sagittarius. I think the issue here could be a tenancy to go too far in statement. Make sure you don't stretch the truth to make something seem more interesting, especially if others might find it offensive or absurd. This detriment can be better managed when writing because there is time to reconsider tactfulness of delivering a message. You probably don't want to become notorious writer in a bad way. Since scorpio rules your 3rd, there is good chance you will be able to temper your enthusiasm by being your own critic.

Alitta the Archer

Thanks for replying :biggrin:

I am really confused at the moment. I feel torn between what I want to do and what expert astrologers tell me I should do.

You're not the first to comment about the " communicator" part, many astrologers told that it's best if I look for a career that's revolves around oral and written communication. The thing is I do love to talk, to communicate and converse with people but I'n not sure if I'm any good at it. Sometimes my bluntness takes the better of me and I end up offending or hurting someone's feelings unintentionally.

Truth to be told, I'm a shy person. I come out as funny, easygoing and sensible when in fact I'm pretty timid. I live in my own world most of the time and I'm technically introverted.
My mom told me that as a child I used to play all by myself, spending hours away talking to my imaginary friends. She said I'd cry and lose my temper whenever someone tried to break through my comfortable little bubble.

Actually, I feel most at ease when I'm alone and among my favorite hobbies is people watching. I don't mind social gatherings and crowds, I just need to have some alone time after it so I can recharge my batteries for another round.
What should I do then ?? What career fits me best ? I'm confused :pinched:

!4C

I think you misunderstood if you thought I was discouraging you from writing. I was trying the make the case that it would probably be better in this case due to the mercury. Having a 9th house theme is a strength, not a prerequisite for being a profession writer. Having a concentration along 3rd/9th is still a good indicator. Also, this axis is not about just communication, so there are other options.

Alitta the Archer

No, it's okay. I appreciate your insight:wink:, you were being practical and straight-forward. I'm just wondering about the other potential careers that could fit me generally.

Claire19

Absolutely!!!!!. Mercury the planet of writing is in its natural third house and rules your career area. You have a lot of influence in the house of print media, communications, magazines, epads, kindles, all manner of writing etc and including your North node and Sun. Your chart is ruled by Mercury and I would suggest crime stories, mysteries, subject of depth and the taboo. It could be a part time occupation and I would suggest perhaps editing and reviewing publications. You could write on family matters and pertaining to
history and nostalgia. I can see photography being involved as well.

Last edited:

Alitta the Archer

Absolutely!!!!!. Mercury the planet of writing is in its natural third house and rules your career area. You have a lot of influence in the house of print media, communications, magazines, epads, kindles, all manner of writing etc and including your North node and Sun. Your chart is ruled by Mercury and I would suggest crime stories, mysteries, subject of depth and the taboo. It could be a part time occupation and I would suggest perhaps editing and reviewing publications. You could write on family matters and pertaining to
history and nostalgia. I can see photography being involved as well.

Thanks for the reply :wink:
I remember reading that astrologers can discover one's writing style through the birth chart.
My Mercury conjunct Pluto so it that why you suggested crime stories and mysteries ? Isn't the midpoint between Mercury and Jupiter the one that determines an author's writing style ?