Anything in my chart that points to extreme hight?

He may well have strong prominent teeth also....and can be exuberant and optimistic which brings luck and opportunity....Will need to watch his hips and thighs for accidents if he is hasty.... giddy up.....

Yeah, he also has sun conjunct jupiter in the 9th house...he is like a tiny, jolly santa clause.

Drowzy_Shooter

Aquarius, Sagittarius and Gemini are the tall signs. Depends on hereditary factors. Sun conjunct Pluto in Sagittarius can lead to heavier set but obviously taller as well.. If your parents are tall then you are likely to be and there is a theory that the hormones in our meat and food in general now are making the generations taller these days. Your chart ruler is the Sun and it conjuncts Pluto in Sagittarius and sits in the fourth of home, family and hereditary traits. So definitely in the genes somewhere for sure.
Look back at your forebears.....I would say mother's side if anything. Just as well you are male. Tall is good...

My grandpa on my fathers side was 6'8. Who knows maybe I'll be close to that *crosses figers*

Drowzy_Shooter

I agree that Jupiter can make for height as well as weight with the ascendant.. Sagittarius rising is classic but depends again on what Jupiter is doing.. Usually they have good legs and tendency to be sporty or have a love of horses in particular. Does he have a loud laugh...:tongue:

I'm not a sag rising, but I do know that my Jupiter is in opposition to my asc, maybe that could imply my large height (I have massive thighs, but not fat thighs, muscular and powerful Thighs).

Claire19

claire - we differ in our views on the meaning and significance of planets on angles then regardless whether it lands in box 7 or 1... cheers james
As far as height goes, house 7 means nothing. The physical houses of the 1st, the 4th for heredity and the rising sign ruler and its aspects are crucial. Those with enormous height often have predominance at the top of the chart such as Sun in the 10th.

Claire19

I'm not a sag rising, but I do know that my Jupiter is in opposition to my asc, maybe that could imply my large height (I have massive thighs, but not fat thighs, muscular and powerful Thighs).
Jupiter may also aspect elsewhere and we would need your chart. The rising sign and its decan is very important as well as its aspects. Jupiter on the 7th does not denote physical characteristics as such.

dr. farr

Using some unusual delinetive methods (such as the Pauline dodekatemorion), perhaps some indications might be seen: I always associate Saturn with possibilities of tallness:
-Saturn is the most elevated planet in the natal chart
-the PD of Saturn (Saturns "shadow" or "ramification") falls in Libra (8 degrees), which sign I also often associate with height
-the ascending degree is in the face (ie, decan) associated by Hellenist and Traditionalist astrology with-Saturn.
-Saturn itself is posited in the 2nd elemental decan of Aries, which is Leo-same sign as the ascending sign
-notice also that Saturn directly disposits 5 planets in the chart, including Jupiter, and that Saturn itself is the final (ultimate or grand) dispositor of ALL chart elements, including the ascending sign (Leo, disposited by Sun which in turn is disposited by Mars which is ultimately disposited by-Saturn)
-Scorpio is the 4th house (inheritance house) sign: Sun is there at the end of the sign, posited in the Egyptian term of Saturn; and, again, Scorpio disposited by Mars is ultimately disposited by Saturn (because Mars, posited in Capricorn, is itself thereby disposited by Saturn)

Last edited:

sandstone

Banned
gee claire we had almost the same conversation upstream a month or so ago..

the axis that is the basis for house 1, is also the basis for house 7.. it is connected via the same line.. if you look into the history of houses and signs somewhere i think you will find connections being made with the opposites.. if i tell you a story about a guy i personally knew who was over 7' tall who had uranus conjunct the descendant, not the ascendant and i thought it had to do with this placement and you refuse to see it this way, then you will just have to say we will have to differ on our ideas here like i mentioned to you upstream.. cheers james

let me edit this.. claire, i don't know if you are paying too close attention to the conversation as drowsy provided his chart at the beginning of the thread.. it is there for you to see..

Last edited:

dr. farr

Sandstone:
In this reference chart notice Uranus within orb of conjunction with the descendant (and also disposited by Saturn)-like the Uranus descendant in your example! I am a believer that opposite palcements can sometimes influence-indeed, Modernist pioneer Charles Carter was quite insistent upon this concept in his teachings about chart delineation.

sandstone

Banned
thanks dr farr.. i would just like to point out one other thing... it is not about what is in the 1st or 7th.. it is about what is on the friggin angle!! a planet on an angle has an immediate outlet onto the world... they say planets in angles are very beneficial for this reason.. they have a window out!!! i think uranus in drowzys chart needs to be put in a category outside of the 12 houses, lol... the angles need to be treated in a unique way apart of the house meanings people get all wound up over.. i am now just rambling..

thanks for those comments dr. farr.. i would like to say that uranus is in parallel declination with the ascendant too, but it isn't! it along with neptune are in parallel declination with the sun, lol... maybe that is an additional little push towards helping drowzy be more of an astrologer, lol..

Shanti

I agree with Sandstone on this.

Uranus on an angle is very important not just in terms of 7th house but is manifesting very powerful in general.
( Robert Hand...horoscope symbols give testimony of angular planets
Likewise uranus is aspecting ascendent...see Ebertins delineations..a very empirical astrologer, and in a poll regarded as one of the most influential astrologers all time)

(A small hint in vedic chart is chart ruler Moon associating with Rahu (tall big) Jupiter aspecting ascendent in both chart and 9th harmonic chart navamsha).

One thing that came to my mind is that your venus is quite challenged in 6th house with mars and aspected by saturn.
Venus in western astrology relates to thyroid.
In vedic astrology venus is related to hormons in general.
(See Leo Messi's chart. He had some problems with too small growth lol).
He have venus closely aspected by saturn.
Don't know if that can be a factor.

Best wishes

Stefan

Last edited:

Shanti

Yes I was referring to Leo Messis chart which i was studying recently.
He had some hormon issue that contributed to he not growing as he should.
Barcelona FC did take him as a teenage player and did pay for his hormonal treatment.

I thought that for you it may could be a reverse effect in terms of hormonal cause.
As I am not a doctor I am not sure about this, and I wrote also that I was unsure about this hypotethical idea.:smile:
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Messi,_Lionel

Best regards

Last edited:

Drowzy_Shooter

Interesting.

Right now I think sandstone is making a lot of sense with the bit about Uranus.

I might add, both my uranus and my Jupiter are opposite ascendent.

Kannon

Drowzy,

This question isn't so easily answered as we'd like. Yes, Gemini and Sag on the Asc are often associated with increased height over average - relative to the parents. Yes, Jupiter is definitely associated with increased size and height. Even though planets conjunct or parallel the Asc take precedence, a planet can and does have effect on the Asc remotely, even if it is not in the 1st house. My work in rectification and validation of charts using secondary progressions shows that a planet in tight conjunction or parallel to the 12th cusp, for example, still is aspecting and affecting the 6th house cusp and often accompanies events relating to bodily health, habits, pets, vocation, etc. This is true even if the planet is moving through the 9th. (This recently happened to me).

The problem here is you're working with an inaccurate chart. There were no possible Ascendants in early-mid Leo for your date/location of birth. The only way you can be Leo rising is if the birth time is a typo recorded as one hour earlier than it should have been. The only possible Asc in Leo there/then was at 29LEO14 - give or take a few minutes of arc.

There are possible Ascendants in Cancer at about 1 and 14*. There is one possibility at 12* Gemini.
Read their descriptions to see which one fits you best:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25131

Last edited:

Drowzy_Shooter

Drowzy,

This question isn't so easily answered as we'd like. Yes, Gemini and Sag on the Asc are often associated with increased height over average - relative to the parents. Yes, Jupiter is definitely associated with increased size and height. Even though planets conjunct or parallel the Asc take precedence, a planet can and does have effect on the Asc remotely, even if it is not in the 1st house. My work in rectification and validation of charts using secondary progressions shows that a planet in tight conjunction or parallel to the 12th cusp, for example, still is aspecting and affecting the 6th house cusp and often accompanies events relating to bodily health, habits, pets, vocation, etc. This is true even if the planet is moving through the 9th. (This recently happened to me).

The problem here is you're working with an inaccurate chart. There were no possible Ascendants in early-mid Leo for your date/location of birth. The only way you can be Leo rising is if the birth time is a typo recorded as one hour earlier than it should have been. The only possible Asc in Leo there/then was at 29LEO14 - give or take a few minutes of arc.

There are possible Ascendants in Cancer at about 1 and 14*. There is one possibility at 12* Gemini.
Read their descriptions to see which one fits you best:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25131

Are you saying the software of astro.com is incorrect? Or my birth time is incorrect?

Both are majorly inconvenient lol. I've already spent all my time working on and analyzing my chart lol......

Kannon

Are you saying the software of astro.com is incorrect? Or my birth time is incorrect?

No and no. The recorded time of birth is just a starting place for finding the correct Asc. In astrological terms it is an esoteric point. In order for a functional Asc to be created (an inter-dimensional doorway for birth) there has to be a particular alignment of the Sun-Moon-Uranus. I'll remind you that a birth certificate is a non-astrological document with some weight, but no astrological authority by itself.

Try the possible Ascendants I gave you and you will find that one of them works perfectly. Be sure to look at the aspects to Asc/MC in declination for the full picture. Click on the link right above your chart in astro.com to see the data sheet (pdf) with declination positions listed. Parallels are positions within about 1-1.5* same declination. Contra-parallels are in opposite declination (N - S).

Both are majorly inconvenient lol. I've already spent all my time working on and analyzing my chart lol......

We all have.

StillOne

I guess the question is, do you want to spend time analyzing a chart or your chart?