Venus in Leo: Loyal Lovers or Dramatic Attention Addicts?

RaptInReverie

I get a good chuckle out of reading the testimonials of people with similar natal placements and aspects here and on other web forums. These descriptions are usually so accurate that I prefer reading them over books by renowned astrologers. A search I did this morning inspired me to do a post on Venus in Leo.

I have this placement, and I have always been dissatisfied with the typical interpretations of it: "attracted to those in power", "into art and fashion", "cares about appearance", and blah, blah, blah. While Venus in Leo natives are very creative, describing them as “attracted to those in power” is a terrible err indeed! Nothing would hurt their pride more than a partner who was more successful, more attractive, and more talented than they were. Contrarily, they like to be the stars of the show, or, in the very least, be treated as such.

These individuals need complete adoration in a relationship. When ignored by their partners, they will be reduced to squalling infants, demanding immediate attention. Forget their birthday or some other important event and they may never forgive you. Sometimes they pretend not to be possessive, but let their dear love express affection for another in their presence and watch their countenance plummet to the ground. In the case of infidelity, they’ll give you an ultimatum: them or the other person.

They’re not selfish lovers either; they’ll shower their partners with the same adoration and affection they demand. When in love they’re actually quite gentle beasts who love to cuddle and play. A nice back-rub suits them well. They are probably some of the most caring and sincere people you will ever meet. They are gentle with those whom they love, and they can be very protective of them as well.

Leo is a fixed sign, so when a Venus in Leo has the hots for someone, it may be difficult for them to move on. Once they’ve finally gotten over the person, though, they usually don’t turn back. They are loyal to a fault because loyalty is a big thing with them--at least if they’re serious about you. The fastest way to get rid of one is to cheat. (S/N: I can’t speak for everyone with this placement, but I kind of like possessiveness.)

If you want to get close to a Venus in Leo, stroke their ego. Be consistent with them, and make them feel like they are the smartest, most talented, and most attractive person to you. They won’t care if anyone else believes this as long as you do.

[deleted off-topic comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

MSO

Venus in Leo person here :ninja:

My Venus is in the 1st House, so I tend to enjoy showing off, fashion and beauty, and being the center of attention :joyful:

But yeah, cheating is most definitely a deal breaker. It's instant. Once they make it obvious they're not planning on being 100% faithful, they're done. Cut completely. I don't understand how people can hang on and hope that the one they're with will somehow manage to get their act together...

As for being loyal myself... I'm a Libra, attractive women turn my head! :innocent: But I don't know if I'd cheat...

Frank

Too simplistic. One cannot delineate accurately based on merely one factor pulled out of the context of the rest of the chart.

kimbermoon

My Venus in Leo: yes I am romantically and creatively inclined...I love parades, the Royal Family, celebrations, the theatre, dance and anything that reminds me that life is to be enjoyed. I consider myself caring, affectionate, sincere and devotional. Alas though this does not blend so well with my Scorpio rising and square to Saturn: and I don't like to be the centre of the stage...I am the only one in my circle that still wants to party at every opportunity, especially in keeping with traditions...
Christmas is my favorite time of year...I am already decorated up to the hilt but most 'others' consider me to be frivolous and perhaps a little nuts...what's all the fuss about, it's just another day! In my earlier days I struggled financially after a broken marriage, with debts that almost drove me into homelessness...my life has been tainted by over-much struggle and adversity...stilll I am here to say that we can make our lives much better if we strive to tweak up our perspectives, modify our expectations and broaden our horizons...

thanks RIR for this thread...I think it is very helpful to look at individual planetary aspects here, so that we can better see how the aspects to each will modify the energies...:smile:

MaeMae

Banned
I think the term "attention w*hore" was coined for Venus in Leo. Of course, as Frank points out, other factors can mitigate it's effect.
Still, I would argue, even if Venus in Leo was relegated to 12th house with squares from saturn and neptune, that demanding, "notice me! give me! do for me!," quality would still roar.
Great wardrobes and hair, though!

RaptInReverie

My Venus in Leo: yes I am romantically and creatively inclined...I love parades, the Royal Family, celebrations, the theatre, dance and anything that reminds me that life is to be enjoyed. I consider myself caring, affectionate, sincere and devotional. Alas though this does not blend so well with my Scorpio rising and square to Saturn: and I don't like to be the centre of the stage...I am the only one in my circle that still wants to party at every opportunity, especially in keeping with traditions...
Christmas is my favorite time of year...I am already decorated up to the hilt but most 'others' consider me to be frivolous and perhaps a little nuts...what's all the fuss about, it's just another day! In my earlier days I struggled financially after a broken marriage, with debts that almost drove me into homelessness...my life has been tainted by over-much struggle and adversity...stilll I am here to say that we can make our lives much better if we strive to tweak up our perspectives, modify our expectations and broaden our horizons...

thanks RIR for this thread...I think it is very helpful to look at individual planetary aspects here, so that we can better see how the aspects to each will modify the energies...:smile:

Thanks for participating in the discussion. :smile:

MaeMae

Banned
Frank, it less about being "liked" than it is about being "listened to."
If we find ourselves with an audience of one, what good is our knowledge or experience.
Seriously. Do you know a Venus in Leo, no matter what their chart configurations who doesn't bristle if they don't gets lots o' loving or compliments? Even if they hide it to the world through a contact with saturn or pluto or whatever, they STILL bristle in their heart. The NEED for attention is the kernal of Venus in Leo's personal truth.

RaptInReverie

Frank, it less about being "liked" than it is about being "listened to."
If we find ourselves with an audience of one, what good is our knowledge or experience.
Seriously. Do you know a Venus in Leo, no matter what their chart configurations who doesn't bristle if they don't gets lots o' loving or compliments? Even if they hide it to the world through a contact with saturn or pluto or whatever, they STILL bristle in their heart. The NEED for attention is the kernal of Venus in Leo's personal truth.

I have it in the 12th House and it's just as potent there, although not always visible to people outside of the relationship.

MaeMae

Banned
[deleted off-topic comments - Moderator]

you can take your car to a mechanic and he does a diagnostic and pinpoints a problem in the ignition. Tinkers around and then reverts to his "cookbook" on that specific part. He can't look at replacing it or repairing it without not knowing first what the manufacturer's specs are and maybe even looks at some other book to find that that single part's attributes and mechanisms have the same problematic feature in all car models.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaeMae

Banned
I'm already listened to. If people don't listen to me here, well, that's more their issue than mine. Trust me, I don't need to post here. I have a wide audience already. The reason I post here is to, maybe, possibly, bring sense to a place that mostly seems senseless.

About 90 percent of the astrology I see posted here is horrendous - and does no one any favor.

If you think that everyone who has Venus in Leo, regardless of any other consideration, is as you described above, I would question your discretion and skill as an astrologer.

Maybe I misinterpreted the last sentence in above quote. But I do, for the record, believe Venus in Leo is just how I described it ~ however ~ much was omitted about their finer qualities ~ generosity, largesse, lack of pettiness, affectionism and buoyancy and brilliance with children.
Nonetheless...

Love2Know

Frank do you have Venus in Leo?

I agree with the faithful 100% I am very intense and rigid if i am 'betrayed' in friendship or in love I don't walk away, I run away to 'greener pastures' I desire the same amount of devotion I have... I am also very protective of my loved ones and others in trouble or pain. I express my thankfulness to people in my life every chance I get. It is important that they know how much I adore them.

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
please get back on subject, to all

All,

Please get back on subject. If someone posts something which you don't agree with, you can state why you don't agree with them. Please focus on the content and NOT on the person in your postings. If you think a thread is worthless and not worth your time...don't post on that thread. There are lots of threads here and not everyone will agree with every one of them. Just as there are many different approaches to astrology and not everyone will agree with every one of them. The AW forum is not here to discover the "truth" of astrology...it's simply here to encourage open discussion of astrology from many different viewpoints.

I will continue to delete posts that are personally attacking others on this thread or are off-topic about discussing Venus in Leo.

Back on subject,

Tim

Last edited:

Frank

These individuals need complete adoration in a relationship. When ignored by their partners, they will be reduced to squalling infants, demanding immediate attention. Forget their birthday or some other important event and they may never forgive you. Sometimes they pretend not to be possessive, but let their dear love express affection for another in their presence and watch their countenance plummet to the ground. In the case of infidelity, they’ll give you an ultimatum: them or the other person.

It doesn't sound much like this person who has Venus in Leo:

Dalai%20Lama%202.jpg

RaptInReverie

Let's see if this comment gets through...

Frank,

You don't know how this man would act in love, were he allowed to date. Besides, the Dalai Lama is worshiped by people worldwide. He gets the attention one way or another.

MaeMae

Banned
funny that a pic of dali lama was posted. not knowing he has venus in leo until now, i always got a strong ego~maniacal vibe from him. i am gifted at seeing beyond ones' appearances. i've always abhorred the way he panders to celebrity worship, especially. i think he DOES get a Venus in Leo thrill.
Often, these "sainted" types "humility" is just an act. Just as I believe it was with Mother Theresa. Serving to be served. Thank you Frank for confirming my decades-long suspicions about him!

MaeMae

Banned
Let's see if this comment gets through...

Frank,

You don't know how this man would act in love, were he allowed to date. Besides, the Dalai Lama is worshiped by people worldwide. He gets the attention one way or another.

Not just in love, but also in what one VALUES. Venus seeks what she desires BY ANY MEANS POSSIBLE.