Chart Dominants and Signature Sign - Online Calculator

kaktuzz

Hello,

I recently redesigned and updated dominants calculator and there are some new options:

horoscopes.astro-seek.com/dominant-planets-astrology-online-calculator

1) Dominant Planets
- Option to apply/exclude rulerships into countings
- Option to apply/exclude planetary ascpects into countings

These two options might influence calculation significantly and give different results.

2) Dominant Element
I tried to take into account different values for each planet (Sun/Moon/ASC > Personal > Transpersonal) ... and take into account also 3 main dominants => different method in 1) Dominant Planets might influence also this 2) Dominant Element.

so feel free to experiment :)

3) Signature Sign
I also recently found an older topic about Signature Sign here at astrologyweekly https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8054
so I added also this simple Element + Modality calculator.

Attachments

• seek_weekly_dominant_01.gif
    seek_weekly_dominant_01.gif
    62.2 KB · Views: 207
  • seek_weekly_dominant_02.gif
    seek_weekly_dominant_02.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 200
  • seek_weekly_dominant_03.gif
    seek_weekly_dominant_03.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 196

Lykanized

If it might help you, I'll link my chart as well as my results
Excluding aspects and rulership, I get Pluto, Saturn, Mercury, and Venus. Saturn came out of left field for me tbh

Including aspects and rulerships, I get Pluto, Mars, Mercury, and Uranus with a very close 4th which is a bit closer to what I'd expect, but I feel like the moon should have a higher place here. Maybe you can explain that to me

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 8.51.07 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 8.51.07 PM.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 3.30.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 3.30.51 PM.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 3.34.11 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 3.34.11 PM.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 60

kaktuzz

If it might help you, I'll link my chart as well as my results
Excluding aspects and rulership, I get Pluto, Saturn, Mercury, and Venus. Saturn came out of left field for me tbh

Including aspects and rulerships, I get Pluto, Mars, Mercury, and Uranus with a very close 4th which is a bit closer to what I'd expect, but I feel like the moon should have a higher place here. Maybe you can explain that to me

Hi Lykanized, thanks for your chart.

I preset pretty tight orb for conjunctions with Angles (3° Degrees) and I see that we are quite similar case - I also have 3°0X' conjunction of Jupiter+Uranus with Angle ... but it's few minutes' over 3° (and so this conjunction didn't count)

I was thinking if I should/or shouldn't/ increase this orb ... but I didn't have any feedback from other people.

So thanks for your feedback ("I feel like the moon should have a higher place here")

I increased that orb to 5° and your Moon should have a higher values/place now :)

magnolia8

Whether excluding rulerships/aspects or not, I got the same 3 planets in the same order: Pluto, Sun, Saturn. Those three planets are almost always in the top 3 or 4 on other sites I've visited, but this is the first time I've seen Pluto listed as the most dominant (it's usually my Sun). Moon/Mars are tied. Also happy to see that my ascendant-ruler Mercury isn't given undue emphasis just for being the so-called chart-ruler.

In any case, great site!

magnolia8

What do you mean by "Ambivalent Signature Sign"?

6x Fire + 4x Cardinal (4x Fixed) = Ambivalent Signature Sign

I mean, I have an idea (I hovered over the tooltip, too)... I'd just like your feedback

kaktuzz

What do you mean by "Ambivalent Signature Sign"?

6x Fire + 4x Cardinal (4x Fixed) = Ambivalent Signature Sign

I mean, I have an idea (I hovered over the tooltip, too)... I'd just like your feedback

Hi magnolia8,

Ambiguous Signature Sign "means" it might be either:

6x Fire + 4x Cardinal = :aries: Aries
or
6x Fire + 4x Fixed = :leo: Leo

It seems that there are various systems how to calculate signature sign if there is a tie, but I liked the most a comment of starlink user at this post:
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8054

"if things are equal and you cannot break a tie because the Ascendant is not in one of those elements or modes, then you do not have a signature. This happens more often than not. Some people just dont have a separate signature, which is no problem at all. Then you get what you see straight away."

magnolia8

Hi magnolia8,

Ambiguous Signature Sign "means" it might be either:

6x Fire + 4x Cardinal = :aries: Aries
or
6x Fire + 4x Fixed = :leo: Leo

It seems that there are various systems how to calculate signature sign if there is a tie, but I liked the most a comment of starlink user at this post:
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8054

"if things are equal and you cannot break a tie because the Ascendant is not in one of those elements or modes, then you do not have a signature. This happens more often than not. Some people just dont have a separate signature, which is no problem at all. Then you get what you see straight away."

Interesting. I don't feel fiery or think I exude fire at all. I am a Leo, though.

I forgot to read the thread, so I'll do that. Thank you.

Starsareround

Thank you for this. I got signature sign as Leo which MAKES SO MUCH SENSE lol.

As a Virgo with Virgo rising, you would think I'd be Judith Martin but I'm more Maya Rudolph in a Kate Bush video :ninja: