What in my dad's chart points to him being a serial cheater?

BaoSanniang

My folks divorced when I was 7, and throughout the time they were dating and throughout their marriage my dad was a serial cheater who had seemingly endless affairs with other women. What's very interesting about this is because when I look at his chart (time of birth unknown, birthday is May 2nd, 1965, birthplace is Chongqing, China), he has the vast majority of his planets in reliable earth signs such as Taurus and Virgo. Earth is often described as the most stable element.

My dad had a very late start with relationships, he had his first real girlfriend when he was 24 ( at least that's what he told me). However, he's always had this voracious appetite for women and regularly slept around both before and after marrying.

Some other things I've noticed about his chart are that he has both Mercury and Jupiter without any aspects to other planets. From what I understand, unaspected planets can either take on their purest and most positive qualities, or the opposite.

His unaspected Mercury gave him seemingly unmatched intellect. He grew up in semi-poverty but went to university at the surprisingly young age of 15, graduating as a Chemistry major. He later went abroad in the late 1980s (in those days it was highly unusual for Chinese students to study abroad) where he got an MBA, and later a Doctorate and then a PhD. Some of his papers were so well-written that they became "models" for other students. However, it's also clear that his Mercurial energy made him quite high-strung at times. His mind was often restless and boastful of his intelligence.

His unaspected Jupiter has most certainly been used in negative ways. When he was younger he really wanted to do business. He made lots of investments without any thought into them, and he was overly generous towards friends who only wanted to take advantage of him. He was quite an indulgent man (I guess Jupiter also played a role in his behavior), and he really liked to boast about himself and what he was going to do. He was really concerned with making himself look good in front of others, but in a very boastful way rather than actually doing something to help / serve.

I see that he has Sun Opposition Neptune, and from what my mom told me he really had some serious delusions about his self-worth. He aspired to things he was simply incapable of achieving, but he loved to dream and talk about his dreams. He was never the kind of man who had his feet on the ground and satisfied with a simple life, though he keeps convincing himself he is a down-to-earth (funny how I'm using this expression because his chart is earth dominant) guy.

I do admit he was a hard worker, even a try-hard (Sun-Saturn), but at the same time he had serious personality flaws that eventually led to divorce and my strained (now non-existent) relationship with him. He married when he was 31 (too late of an age for me). My mom comes from a slightly wealthier, urban background while my dad comes from a rural background, and my dad did marry with the intention of my mom helping him out with money so he could start a business. My mom eventually gave in, but he got repeatedly scammed by his so-called friends and achieved nothing in the end, while still wishing he could become someone he was not.

I realize I've gotten off-topic a bit, so now I'll post his chart and would you guys please give me insights into why an earth-dominant chart is associated with serial cheating.

astro_w2gw_my_dad.53703.150606.png

Lin

It's my experience that people end up doing what they do well. He does this well. He can get lovers very easily. So he does. All those trines with Taurus and Virgo - and connected to the 5th house is the core of this. He must be (or have been) very charming. Often this type of person has "cycles" of activity which bring out the most of the "trine" dynamic. And then it can just end....or be "suspended" during hard transits.

But if he is a sex addict, then he will be sexually active even during negative transits; and that can be dangerous. And I suspect he is a sex addict.
Also, challenge is important to him. If something comes too easily he doesn't value it.
Jupiter square Mars is a dynamic which represents the probability that he doesn't get real satisfaction from all this sexual conquest. Yes, momentary satisfaction, but not lasting. Not essential satisfaction.

He doesn't seem to be able to be faithful. The oppositions show this.
LIN

Last edited:

miquar

Hi. Yes there is quite a lot in the chart that could find expression through infidelity. The Mars stellium in earth in the 8th house is very significant, with Uranus and Pluto always pushing the boundaries. The stellium is ruled by Mercury in Aries. The opposition of the stellium to Saturn perhaps brings a need to prove himself.

New Moon people tend to be more compulsive and instinctive. The Sun Neptune opposition is quite wide, but the stellium-as-a-whole makes a closer opposition. Venus opposite Neptune is the closest Neptune opposition, and suggests a yearning to find a perfect relationship that will redeem him in some way. Venus rules the 5th house, but the stellium is in the 4th, suggesting that he may be looking for a sense of belonging in these relationships. Perhaps there was something about his experience of his parents' marriage that is playing out through his behaviour.

And of course Jupiter in fickle Gemini in the 5th is very relevant, too.

Hope some of this is useful. Best wishes,

Miquar

BaoSanniang

What's very interesting, and surprising to me, is how earth signs and someone with a dominant earth chart can be so unfaithful AND unrepentant about it.

How do you know the houses his planets are in when the birth time is unknown?

Yes, he very much had (and has) a big ego that he constantly needed to be projected. And I think that was definitely done through women and just boasting all the time.

I am looking at his chart now and I've found:
Sun Trine Uranus
Sun Opposition Neptune
Sun Trine Pluto
Moon Opposition Neptune
Venus Opposition Neptune
Venus Trine Pluto
Mars Square Jupiter
Mars Opposition Saturn
Mars Conjunct Uranus
Mars Conjunct Pluto

Not sure how much importance you guys put into asteroids, but looking at his Juno:
Sun Square Juno
Moon Square Juno (?)
Mercury Sextile Juno
Venus Square Juno
Neptune Square Juno

I think Venus and Neptune squaring Juno might also contribute, though of course their influence overall is smaller than the aspects between planets. Especially Neptune Square Juno, which means he might never find satisfaction and he's always looking for the next best thing, and Venus Square Juno means that his conception of love and the realities of marriage are very much at conflict with each other.

Since I don't know his time of birth I can't find his ascendant and houses, but I would not be surprised if the rulers of his 5th and 7th houses lack aspects to Saturn and / or is afflicted by Jupiter and / or the 3 outer planets.

He does have Venus Sextile Saturn but the challenging aspects to Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto seem to override his Venus-Saturn.

Now comparing his planets and aspects to mine:

Dad's moon: Conjunct Venus Sextile Saturn (?) Opposite Neptune
My moon: Trine Venus Trine Mars Sextile Ascendant

Dad's Venus: Sextile Saturn Opposite Neptune Trine Pluto
My Venus: Conjunct Mars Sextile Saturn Opposite Ascendant

Dad's Mars: Square Jupiter Opposition Saturn Conjunct Uranus Conjunct Pluto
My Mars: Opposite Ascendant

I have both my 5th and 7th house rulers aspecting Saturn. I have no planets in the 5th house, but Sun and Mercury are in the 7th. Ruler of House V (Venus) in House VI (House of Virgo) Sextile Saturn, ruler of House VII (Mercury) in Cancer square Saturn.

My Juno:
Sun Square Juno
Moon Sextile Juno
Venus Sextile Juno
Mars Sextile Juno
Jupiter Square Juno
Saturn Conjunct Juno
Juno Trine Ascendant
Juno Sextile Descendant

If we just compare my chart to my dad's, what do you think are the chances of me being faithful for life (and not constantly unsatisfied) versus him? Do I have any potential "trouble areas" like my dad? I find it fortunate how none of my natal planets aspect Uranus, Neptune, or Pluto. I find it easy to stay grounded, though it can be mundane.

astro_w2gw_andrew_teng.64165.189317.png

Another thing I've noticed is how both my folks have Sun-Saturn, and I do. Both my folks have Venus-Saturn and I do as well.

BlackLioness87

Hi, I'm not a very experienced astrologer but I would pay attention to that Mars-Pluto conjunction. It gives high ambitions and sexual drive, sometimes it can give manipulative traits. Moon aspects are also important but without a birth time... we don't know if there's a challenging aspect to your father's moon.

It's very likely that your father had emotional lacking when he was a child, so I would suggest checking dejanira and nessus asteroids, Casanova and swindle asteroids would also help us confirm if he was fated to be a player or cheater.

miquar

Hi. I hadn't noticed that the chart is cast for 00:00. If you don't know the birth time, it's good to cast the chart for noon GMT and keep in mind that the placements are +/- 12 hours, and it's also good to omit the angles and other house cusps. Alternatively, some astrologers prefer to cast the chart for the moment at which the Sun crosses the ascendant.

In answer to your question about the earth emphasis, I would say that the aspects are the main thing which drive the compulsive need for lots of partners. The predominant element shows how he seeks to adapt to, and find pleasure in, life. Earth likes sensuality, but a different elemental emphasis would have a different take on the pros of being promiscuous. Fire would enjoy the conquest and the sense of personal potency, while water would enjoy the sense of symbiosis. Perhaps air would be more likely to find non-sexual ways to live out the urges described by the aspect patterns, but could enjoy the variety; for air is always trying to reconcile opposites, and variation is an important part of this.

Best wishes

Miquar

BaoSanniang

He has Moon Opposition Neptune, which I think may have made him emotionally unstable, even delusional.

Man was a lot more intellectual than me. He really liked to study. I have 4 air placements but I don't feel like a very airy person. I'm a pseudo-intellectual at best and I prefer routine. I feel more Earth / Water.

Lin

Pretty much whatever time he was born, these aspects will be valid.

Sun Trine Uranus
Sun Opposition Neptune
Sun Trine Pluto
Moon Opposition Neptune
Venus Opposition Neptune
Venus Trine Pluto
Mars Square Jupiter
Mars Opposition Saturn
Mars Conjunct Uranuts
Mars Conjunct Pluto

Uranus trines are hard to say NO to. So if the person wants a romance they will go for it.
Oppositions to or from Neptune represent the talent for deception.
Moon opp Neptune shows the NEED for secrecy in the person's life.
Venus opp Neptune represents the ability to choose a prospective lover who will be willing to have a secret romance.
Mars square JUpiter represents the NEED for proving the "manhood"
Mars opp Saturn represents rebellion against traditional rules and customs in order to "do one's thing."
Mars Conj Uranus gives "permission" to alternative life styles and secret or unusual arrangements.
Mars conj Pluto: horny. A lot. And without alternative energy uses...like sports, running, active hobbies, etc.

But frankly, this last one: even with a lot of activities, this person might need MORE sex (meaning an addiction) ALSO.

There's more....but this is your list.
LIN

Last edited:

BaoSanniang

I don't know his exact time of birth so I'm not sure what else is in his chart that points to his behavior. However, I'm starting to see a pattern: People with too many aspects from Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto to their natal planets often have extremely complex and unfulfilling lives, and are often untrustworthy / unreliable in some way unless there are placements or a strong Saturn to keep them in check.