House cusp conjunctions in synastry ?

Chrysalis

Are house cusp conjunctions more significant than planets falling in houses ?

With regards to mine and a guys chart, his Natal sun is 18,28 Leo exactly conjunct my 8th house cusp.

As its exactly conjunct the cusp, is this more significant then his sun falling in my 8th house ?

waybread

I think this is a bit of a stretch. Your house cusps will vary depending upon which house system you use. You can check out different house systems on the Astrodienst free charts pages.

Chrysalis

I only use placidus with my chart, whole signs doesn't make sense with regards to who/how i am.

I just thought his sun falling exactly on my 8th house cusp, was saying something other than it falling in the 8th house.....its EXACTLY on the cusp.

Ill have to do some digging around on google.

IleneK

Premium Member
Are house cusp conjunctions more significant than planets falling in houses ?

With regards to mine and a guys chart, his Natal sun is 18,28 Leo exactly conjunct my 8th house cusp.

As its exactly conjunct the cusp, is this more significant then his sun falling in my 8th house ?

The cusp of the house is considered a sensitive point, regardless of which house system you use. The cusp of an angular house will likely have more significance, because that cusp is an angle.
But the cusps of the other houses are sensitive as well.
So I would say yes that his Sun on the cusp of your 8th might be considered more influential than if the Sun were domiciled elsewhere in the 8th.

waybread

Chrysalis, as you know, there are dozens of house systems. Placidus, whole signs, equal house, Koch, Regiomontanus, Alcibitus, Sunshine, Porphyry, Campanus, Vehlow..... the list goes on.

If you want to make something out of a Placidus house cusp, that's fine; but on a list of important considerations in synastry, his sun opposite your 8th house cusp would be way, way down on my list of important contact points. For example, are your suns sextiled or trined? Does his sun conjunct, sextile, or trine your moon or ascendant?

Chrysalis

The cusp of the house is considered a sensitive point, regardless of which house system you use. The cusp of an angular house will likely have more significance, because that cusp is an angle.
But the cusps of the other houses are sensitive as well.
So I would say yes that his Sun on the cusp of your 8th might be considered more influential than if the Sun were domiciled elsewhere in the 8th.

Yes this is what i was thinking, its only his sun directly on my 8th cusp...all other planets fall in the houses.

So as it falls on the cusp, it is more 8th houses sensitive related.....yes this does make sense to what i was thinking it could mean.

Chrysalis

Chrysalis, as you know, there are dozens of house systems. Placidus, whole signs, equal house, Koch, Regiomontanus, Alcibitus, Sunshine, Porphyry, Campanus, Vehlow..... the list goes on.

If you want to make something out of a Placidus house cusp, that's fine; but on a list of important considerations in synastry, his sun opposite your 8th house cusp would be way, way down on my list of important contact points. For example, are your suns sextiled or trined? Does his sun conjunct, sextile, or trine your moon or ascendant?

Ive only ever used placidus with my chart, ive stuck with it as it makes sense to me...hence never looking into any others.

His suns conjunct my 8th cusp, not opposite.

In natal-natal with regards to his sun, its conjunct my vertex thats all. My sun sextiles his asc/venus. And only in progressions - progressions, his pr sun conjuncts my pr vertex. (exact as in his sun17,90 - my vertex17,20 virgo)