Age of Aquarius May Not Be So Great

Mark

I'm not sure whether or not this thread has been done before, but I haven't seen one lately. I would like to discuss the real qualities of Aquarius and how they would most likely manifest in the world as built. I made a post stating my position in a separate thread. If I am enough of an ***, which I am, I'll quote myself here.

Mark said:
As to the age of Aquarius, some might argue that it isn't all flowery. Some would say that an Aquarian can easily be an "humanitarian without compassion" because of impersonal thinking. It's a fixed sign, so the expressions may be dogmatic and rigid. Aquarians often base friendships on common goals, so we still have fertile ground to harbour those who would make themselves "elites." Though things will certainly change, the fundamental things that need to change may not go so quickly.

I didn't even get to the fact that Aquarius is an air sign. I've also read some who have said that a bad attitude for an Aquarian might be: "everyone should be free to be just like me." That doesn't sound like the rosy salvation plan described in most discussions on the subject. Personally, I think that Aquarius will bring us more of the same tyranny, plunder, and abuse. Actually, I think that it will intensify those terrible things in order to purge them, like the human body killing a disease with fever and swelling. My thinking, as stated in numerous other places, is that the big transition will be on the Capricorn/Aquarius cusp. The Aquarius/Pisces cusp marks the beginning of the purification by fire. How do you find goodness? In suffering.

thefridayknight

Well from what I understand. The age of Aquarius is supposed to explain all the technological advances..computers and such. Uranus is also supposed to be "the exposer"..when truths are revealed. I would say that a whole lot of lies from the past are now being revealed. Also ..under the influence of Uranus..tables turn. In other words.. whatever is on top goes to the bottom and visa versa. So that could mean that the people who are the underdogs of our world (blacks, people of color, women, the poor) will rise to the top under this influence and the people who are on top (europeans, whites, men , the wealthy) will take 2nd place in this age. Is it possible that the elite is aware of this and explains thier desperate and quickening attempt to push thier agenda? Maybe they know thier time is up? Your application of Aquarius's character to predict what that might mean in the Aquarian age was very interesting.

juicey J.

Banned
Yeah Mark, Aquairius at its dark side is a sign of ruthless and detached intellect. Aquarius at is darkest has no problem starving hundreds so thousands more can prosper.

Mark

I'm taking a little bit of this logic from work with planetary aspects. Generally speaking, the approaching phase of an aspect is a "build up" phase of sorts. When you reach the time of exact aspect, something "snaps" and the potentials begin to manifest. The separating phase of the aspect is when you'll really see the aspect being played out in physical form.

If we generalise this principle to all astrological influences, then it would seem that the age of Aquarius would be the preparation time for all the things mentioned. If we treat an astrological age like an aspect, then we would see all the things we associate with Aquarius when Aquarius is on the way out, not on the way in. If this is correct, then what would the time of preparation for such a "flip" look like? It seems likely to me that the problems would intensify throughout the age of Aquarius, much like an aspect, until we hit the point of manifestation and the changes start to show.

There's also the thinking that if the people of this world ****ed the age of Pisces this badly, then they'll probably do the same to Aquarius. People are free to choose greater or lesser expressions of their influences. If the world continues choosing the lesser expressions, Aquarius could be just as bad as Pisces. What shall be done about that?

AspieTaurus

I laugh at how folks back in the 60s and 70s were going ga-ga about the "dawning of the Age of Aquarius". *CUE SONG FROM "Hair"*

Many of the aspects of society the Hippies of the 60s were attacking were, in fact, the Aquarian aspects: technology, a coldly impersonal and hyper-institutional society, etc. It seems to me that the 60s Counterculture was actually Aquarius' opposite, Leo, mixed in with non-Western Pisces Age spirituality.

For a real look at the future, look at "impersonal" social networking as well as Transhumanism.

thefridayknight

@ Mark and Juicy. What you guys are saying about the detached and impersonal thinking of Aquarius and how it can apply to tha Aquarian age makes alot of sense. It definetly fits the character of where science seems to be going with the life extension technology, cyborg nd transhumanism technology. The idea that we would more than likely express the more negative traits of Aquarius as a society like we did with the Piscean age is a good point.

@ Mark. It was interesting when you made the point about Aquarians forming relationships based on common goals because Aquarius rules the cusp of my 11th house and that is exactly how I form my friendships. ALL of my friends are either co workers/ colaboraters that do the same thing that i do or failing that are on the path of awareness and knowledge like I am. I have no time for you if you dont fit into those categories. (Saturn and Chiron are placed in my 11th). Interesting, never knew that about Aquarius.

Mark

A starting point requires inspiration, but all the progressive steps afterward are rational and orderly. Deduction requires induction and induction requires deduction. While I don't have a particular respect for Blavatsky (too much induction, not enough deduction), I am interested to know what you're describing. Please do tell.

waybread

Like any sign, Aquarius has positives and negatives. The previous astrological ages since the dawn of recorded history have all had their share of "man's inhumanity to man." Although we might expect the times to change, we can't ask too much of human nature.

The Internet is surely changing lives for good. Every invention has been put to use in the service of sleaze, but arguably IT has brought more good than harm. However, Aquarius tends to go more for acquaintances than best friends. It's not that Aquarius cannot be loyal (it's a fixed sign) but that it needs to live outside of the herd.

It interests me how IT is changing inter-personal communication. Those 1950's love songs about pay phones, passenger trains, and "hard copy" letters might as well have come from another era. Could we rename their revivals? "My baby sent me a twitter." "I'm going to sit right down and write myself a twitter and make believe it came from you." "Rocking robin, tweet, tweet" still works.

I think friendships are changing. Skype is a super way to keep in touch. On the other hand, some people substitute flesh-and-blood relationships for Internet forums. Children are getting repetitive strain injury in their thumbs from constant text-messaging, after hours.

I am not so worried about the Age of Aquarius as I am about global environmental deterioration. Possibly there's a link.

Hi.
Who came up with the material world striving for wealth and senseless destruction of yourself in the Age of Aquarius.? This world is material and is working on tough business. This Age of Capricorn. But the blind do not mind discriminating things in their ignorance think sensibly attributed it to Aquarius.

Rebel Uranian

I am an extreme Aquarian, and I am not here to argue. I am here to say that I am glad that someone else thought of the same thing I did. If we messed up Pisces so badly, what will make Aquarius that much better? Pisces is not causing the general greed in the world or any of those problems. That's American culture and a mix of different things (mostly American culture.) Oddly enough, America is a super Cancer with a Sag AC, Libra MC, and Aqua moon, and both Pisces and Cancer are water signs. However, I think we should stop sitting and waiting for a few hundred years to pass and do something about out problems right now. The Aquarian Age is not going to solve anything. It might give _us_ a better shot at solving things, but it itself is not going to solve anything.

Also, not very on-topic, but I think it's technically sensical but symbolically ironic that the Age of Aquarius (the future) comes before the Age of Capricorn (the past.)

waybread

Actually, the precession of the equinox goes backwards in time.

Very roughly:

4000-2000 BC Age of Taurus (the original sacred cow!)
2000-0 BC Age of Aries (religions turn to shepherd and sheep metaphors)
0-2000 AD Age of Pisces (Jesus befriends fishermen, walks on water, multiplies fishes)

Ruka_5

Banned
No age is all good things anyway, there's always a mix of good and bad in everything, so I'm honestly surprised that anyone would be surprised that the age of aquarius won't be perfect. :lol:

david starling

A description of the Tropical Ages is posted in the Research and Development forum. Tropically, the Age of Aquarius is preceded by the Age of Capricorn, since the Tropical Ages develop in Direct order. In switching from Sideral to Tropical Ages, it's necessary to stop thinking Age of Pisces and start thinking Age of Capricorn. Not easy for most; it's the same dilemma Siderealists face when urging people who have identified themselves with a Tropical Sun-sign their entire lives that they should switch to a different (Siderealy-measured) Sun-sign. The Age-Rulership also changes, from Neptunian (or Jupiterian if you're Traditionalist) to Saturnian. So, Tropically, we're currently in the Age of Capricorn on the cusp of the Age of Aquarius.

CapAquaPis

One thing in regards to the Aquarian age is our changing stance of morality and ethics, like in what society finds to be taboo. In the last age (of Pisces), society is taught to stay away from topical or subject matter regarding sexuality, death, bodily functions, religious dogma and political authority. But in the age we're headed to (of Aquarius), society is becoming intolerant of prejudice, discrimination and stereotyping based on race or ethnicity, sex or gender, sexual attraction or orientation, religious or denominational beliefs, and physical or mental disabilities. Which do we find most offensive? sex or war? colonialism and slavery? movie violence? what about viewing private parts/sex organs or even a childbirth viral you can find on Youtube? It all depends on what astrological age or personal opinion. I rather view a baby being born than a shock gore horror movie.

If it's OK now to be non-religious, yet you can't express your opinions openly if it offends minorities with their own religious beliefs, are we really free to express ones self? The western or free world is more tolerant of religious diversity while we're increasingly secular and irreligious. In the last age, atheism was viewed as immoral, but today fundamentalism is increasingly seen as such. Piscean age values contradict with Aquarian age ones, hence we have culture wars and controversies about what's right and wrong, and between conservative traditional and liberal progressive viewpoints. This is true in US politics and in college/university campuses. Free speech is a heated debate full of challenges in public places, even when guaranteed by constitutional law. Is it morally right to be against the government or the concept of God...or can one be openly racist or homophobic? The Aquarian age might have its own limits on freedom, even when Aquarius itself is symbolically libertine and libertarian.

JUPITERASC

I'm not sure whether or not this thread has been done before, but I haven't seen one lately.
I would like to discuss the real qualities of Aquarius
and how they would most likely manifest in the world as built.

I made a post stating my position in a separate thread. If I am enough of an ***, which I am, I'll quote myself here.

I didn't even get to the fact that Aquarius is an air sign.
I've also read some who have said that a bad attitude for an Aquarian
might be: "everyone should be free to be just like me."

That doesn't sound like the rosy salvation plan described in most discussions on the subject.

Personally, I think that Aquarius will bring us more of the same tyranny, plunder, and abuse.

Actually, I think that it will intensify those terrible things in order to purge them,
like the human body killing a disease with fever and swelling.

My thinking, as stated in numerous other places, is that the big transition will be on the Capricorn/Aquarius cusp.
The Aquarius/Pisces cusp marks the beginning of the purification by fire. How do you find goodness? In suffering.
Ancient working Astrologer VETTIUS VALENS
chronicled traits of the sign of Aquarius
in his currenly two thousand year old ANTHOLOGY

by the way the entire text is in the public domain ~ copyright expired
http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Following QUOTE is from a chapter on
The Nature of the Twelve Zodiacal Signs :smile:

'......Aquarius is the celestial sign which is masculine, solid, anthropomorphic, somewhat damp, single.
It is mute, quite cold, free, upward-trending, feminizing, unchanging, base, with few offspring,
the cause of troubles arising from athletic training, carrying burdens, or work in hard materials, an artisan, public.
Men born under this sign are malicious, haters of their own families,
incorrigible, self-willed
deceitful, tricky, concealing everything
misanthropic, godless,
accusers, betrayers of reputations and the truth,
envious, petty
occasionally generous (because of <this sign’s> flow of water), uncontrollable....'

david starling

Using the retrograde Sidereal Age model as if it applies to the Tropical zodiac causes misconceptions about what a Tropical Age of Pisces would be like, and by implication, what the Tropical version of the sign is like. It's simultaneously doing the same thing regarding the Tropical Age of Aquarius. If you're a Sideralist you should be using the retrograde Sidereal Ages, but with the polarity combination (ie Pisces/Virgo). If you're a Tropicalist, the direct Tropical Ages obviate the need to distort the nature of the Tropical signs and rulers to make them fit the Sidereal Age paradigm which has similar but also different characteristics compared to the Tropical Age sequence. Neither a Tropical Age of Aquarius nor a Tropical Age of Pisces would so concerned with the material world; both would be extremely tolerant about knowledge and beliefs ; and both would be (will be) extremely humanitarian and kind to other species as well. Since around 400 AD it's been the Tropical Age of Capricorn which was resisted by the Fall season of Ages' tradition and is now finally able to manifest it's true materialistic, Saturn-driven effects. Tropical Aquarian Age coming up next will be extremely different in a good way.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Using the retrograde Sidereal Age model as if it applies to the Tropical zodiac causes misconceptions about what a Tropical Age of Pisces would be like, and by implication, what the Tropical version of the sign is like. It's simultaneously doing the same thing regarding the Tropical Age of Aquarius.
If you're a Sideralist you should be using the retrograde Sidereal Ages, but with the polarity combination (ie Pisces/Virgo).
If you're a Tropicalist, the direct Tropical Ages obviate the need to distort the nature of the Tropical signs and rulers
to make them fit the Sidereal Age paradigm which has similar but also different characteristics compared to the Tropical Age sequence.

Neither a Tropical Age of Aquarius nor a Tropical Age of Pisces would so concerned with the material world;
both would be extremely tolerant about knowledge and beliefs ;
and both would be (will be) extremely humanitarian and kind to other species as well.
Since around 400 AD it's been the Tropical Age of Capricorn which was resisted by the Fall season of Ages' tradition
and is now finally able to manifest it's true materialistic, Saturn-driven effects.
Tropical Aquarian Age coming up next will be extremely different in a good way.
Every Age has had humanitarians who have been kind to other species :smile:
and who have been tolerant regarding the knowledge and beliefs of others as well

and furthermore

There are multiple and different estimates for the 'beginning of the Age of Aquarius'

SUMMARY OF A FEW OF THE ESTIMATES OF 'THE BEGINNING OF THE AGE OF AQUARIUS'

According to C.C.Zain the age of aquarius already started in 1889

S. L. Magregor Mathers ("Golden Dawn" Mathers) specified the year 2050 as the 'beginning of the Age of Aquarius'

Cheiro, well known 19th/early 20th century occultist, astrologer and palmist also specified the year 2050 as the 'beginning of the Age of Aquarius'

Sidereal ayanamsa times for the 'beginning of the Age of Aquarius':

Hipparchus ayanamsa hypothesis - Gould et al - specifies 2040 as the 'beginning of the age of aquarius'

Vedic Lahiri ayanmsa specifies the 'begining of the age of aquarius' as the year 2475

Fagan/Bradley Western sidereal ayanmsa specifies the year 2444 as the 'beginning of the age of aquarius'

Finally, dr. farr said that the almost unknown Alcyone/Krittika estimate which starts the sidereal count from 149 BC, says that the Age of Aquarius already is upon us, having begun in March of 2000 AD

so as usual and not unexpectedly it is simply a matter of opinion

Last edited:

david starling

Yes! The retrograde movement isn't the problem for Sideralism as it would be for Tropicalism, since the constellations aren't numbered in seasonal order (which is why it's fortunate the Tropical Ages exhibit direct movement). However, locating the Sidereal-sign boundaries is a serious problem and that's where it's a real and important Matter of Opinion affecting not only when the Ages begin and end, but where all the sign-indicators are located in the chart. It's most noticeable regarding the Sidereal Age-indicator because of it's extremely slow shift in position, but it changes all Sidereal indicator locations. As usual, you've gotten to the crux of the situation.

Last edited:

david starling

First, I'm including this "matter of opinion" phenomenon as "Matter of Intuition " (MOI) ...This could also be labeled "My Own Intuition ". So, MOI tells me: We live on a living planet which is influencing our psyches, and this is what the Ages are all about; that the locations of the Age Indicator along the Zodiacal circle can inform me as to what sign-rulership combinations are being enhanced by the Earth itself for everyone on the planet, and, in a personal chart, what Houses are terrestrially enhanced; that some charts are extremely compatible with this enhancement (where "enhancement " is defined as an increase in receptivity), while others are opposed to it but are still affected by it; that it's like which way the wind is blowing and the tide is flowing; that most go along with it and follow those who are most enthusiastic about it; and that this is why Earth's Ages leave their mark on the development of human culture and are a major factor in current human behavior.

Last edited:

Bunraku

@Mark
Your concerns are valid. I think before the start of the new age, massive catastrophes, and massive loss of lives, happen.

@CapAquaPis

I'd be surprised if religions such as christianity or islam were to still be alive at the end of the age of Aquarius, or even Pisces.

I wonder what the Pluto in Sagittarius generation will do about religion when they reach their first Saturn return. I also wonder what will happen when Pluto will reach Aquarius. :andy: