Progressed sun conjuct natal venus experiences?

hypatia

The activity period of this aspect can be up to a year before and after the exact conjunction. There was no improvement in your life whatsoever up until now, financial or in matters of love? Would you care to post your chart?

here is my chart (2nd Jan 1969 1:55am Sydney, Aust.)

If anything financially things became much tighter - as I made some decisions which I felt I really had to at the time, but I've not really recovered from financially yet, and not sure how I'm going to.
Romantically and relationship wise, if anything I've become a bit of a recluse, other than work.

Attachments

• hypatia chart.jpg
    hypatia chart.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 56

athina1

I think that most important of all is that your natal chart is affected much by the grand cross in transit, and your progressed venus is also affected by this transit. Furthermore Saturn will soon conjunct your Asc. and your progressed Mars. Progressed Sun in conjunction with n. Venus is also not receiving any helpful aspects natally or by transit, in order to give it a boost to play out. Maybe through this unpleasant situation you are receiving some help that you are not able to appreciate, mostly because what you are going through at the moment is too heavy. If it helps Pluto transits tend to be rather difficult but also supply the individual with great strength. But this is only how I interpret things.

hypatia

yes lots of energy is going into getting through the effects of the Ura/Plu transit.
as for help to get through this - friends and most family have sort of fallen aside - just due to everyone's own busy lives and mine, i.e. not through any disagreements.

My children, though very young, are with me - and they are the loves of my life - so maybe they are my Venus :)
(I adopted solo, there's never been a partner - so it's mostly me & children except when we're at work/school)

ashriia

Just saw this thread.. Will add my experience for anyone researching this conjunction.

In 2002 As prog sun(12deg) was approaching a conjunction with natal venus(16deg) I fell in love with someone and moved across the country to be with them. Also had prog venus/prog jupiter conjunction though at the time.

In 2005. prog sun was (15deg) conjunct natal venus(16deg) I got into another relationship. With someone I still consider to have been my soul-mate. Also adopted a cat who has been the life of my life ever since :biggrin:

According to Forum Member Claire one needs sun venus aspects natally for anything to come about. I have sun in taurus(venus). and pluto in libra(venus). pluto trines venus natally. That was the only connection i could see. My sun doesn't aspect venus directly.

byjove

Account Closed
I've got this one right now, Venus is one degree approaching my Sun. Love has definitely come into my life (this is the second time recently, one year apart). The two planets DON'T make a natal aspect, despite many claiming that they need to. Go figure.

JUPITERASC

some good advice on understanding progressions :smile:
A lot of people seem to have problems understanding progressions. The progressed Planets are nothing more than very very slow moving transits. Progressions are very internal in nature, meaning they're more likely to affect you mentally than physically. That doesn't mean progressions don't affect you physically, they can, for example a Planet progressing into the 6th House or the 6th House Ruler progressing into the 8th or 12th House or into certain aspects with the rulers of the 6th, 8th or 12th Houses can signify an illness.

Progressions are something you do maybe once in your life, and one of the best ways to do that is to write them down. You can use a spread sheet (like I use) or a word processor or write them on a legal pad, or you can use construction paper and crayons, it doesn't really matter. Other than that, all you need is a list of your Planets and the Ascendant and MC, and an ephemeris, which you should buy, but you can also find them online.

An ephemeris will look something like this:

Date............Sun....... Moon..... Mercury...Venus
May 26 1962 04°Ge28' 26°Aq47' 20°Ge23' 03°Cn43'
May 27 1962 05°Ge25' 10°Pi51' 20°Ge22' R 04°Cn55'
May 28 1962 06°Ge23' 25°Pi05' 20°Ge16' 06°Cn07'
May 29 1962 07°Ge21' 09°Ar25' 20°Ge05' 07°Cn19'

The symbolism is "day-for-a-year" so each day after your birthday is one year of your life.

Generally, you want to look at 120 days, which is 120 years of your life. Yes, I know you're not going to live 120 years, but none of you are special. When you die, the Solar System does not grind to a halt; it continues moving. Your chart lives on, even after you die.

There are somethings you might want to know about. Is your Will contested? Does your Estate end up in Probate Court? Does the government seize your Estate? Do your children fight over it? Does your spouse remarry? Maybe you want to comeback and haunt your spouse (or protect your spouse). Do your children marry, divorce, have more children, do your grandchildren marry etc.

Will you receive any awards or accolades, or publish a book? No kidding, a guy in Australia found his grandfather's diary of life in the trenches during World War I. He published it. Guess what? It showed up in the progressions of the grandfather's natal chart.

Here's a snippet from my progressions (sorry the formatting is less than desirable):

Natal .. Position.. Action.. Age.. Date .. ..........Location .. Contact
Venus.. 04°Cn39' Sign .....19 ....Jun 13 1962... 25°Cn14'.. 9th House
Saturn .11°Aq22' Square ..19 ... Jun 13 1962 ...11°Ta17'.. Mars
Neptune 11°Sc29' Opp .....19.... Jun 13 1962 ... 11°Ta17' Mars
Mars 28°Ar29' ...Square ...22 ....Jun 16 1962 .... 28°Cn47' Venus
Uranus 28°Le37' Qu .........22 ....Jun 16 1962..... 28°Cn47' Venus
Venus 04°Cn39' Sign .......23 .....Jun 17 1962..... 29°Cn58' Leo
Mercury 20°Ge22' D ........26...... Jun 20 1962 .....11°Ge52' D Mercury
Mars 28°Ar29' Sextile ......26 ......Jun 20 1962 .....28°Ge23' Sun
Uranus 28°Le37' Sextile ....26 ..... Jun 20 1962 .... 28°Ge23' Sun
Venus 04°Cn39' SSx........ 27 ......Jun 21 1962...... 04°Le41' Venus
Sun 05°Ge13' Con........... 28 ...... Jun 22 1962 .... 05°Le52' Venus
Sun 05°Ge13' Sign ..........28 ....... Jun 22 1962..... 00°Cn18' Sign
Jupiter 10°Pi38' SSx ........28....... Jun 22 1962...... 10°Aq38' Saturn
Moon 07°Pi41' Qu ..........29....... Jun 23 1962 ...... 07°Le03' Venus
Pluto 07°Vi32' Con ........29 ...... Jun 23 1962....... 07°Le03' Venus
MC 01°Vi31' Sextile...... 29 ........Jun 23 1962....... 01°Cn15' Sun

All I've done is write out the year in which there is some contact with progressed Planets.

At age 19, my natal Venus progressed to conjunct the 9th House Cusp at 25° Cancer.

How do you interpret that?

The 9th House Cusp is Cancer ruled by my Moon in my natal 4th House. What is the 9th House? Among things, it's long journeys. 4th House is the home.

I left the United States and didn't return for about 10 years.

See? It ain't so hard.

At age 23 my Venus progressed into the Sign of Leo. I got married. Because Venus progressed into Leo? Not entirely. My natal Mercury was Stationary in the natal 7th House, then it went Retrograde and then it went direct at age 26. In reality, I was actually 25 1/2 years old when Mercury went Direct in my 7th House of Relationships.

That is one of the advantages of writing out your progressions. When you see something like that, natal Venus progressed into the 9th House then into the Sign of Leo while Mercury goes Direct, you want to actually do a chart for that time period and then also look at the transits so you can get a sense of the timing (in this case transiting Moon conjunct Ascendant).

When I was 28, natal Sun changed Signs and entered Cancer. Did I become a Cancer? No, but I did take on some of the traits of Cancer. I became more sensitive, very emotional and extremely traditional, plus I took on a few of the negative characteristics, like brooding and being way too cautious, but then I was suffering from PTSD and the effects were starting to manifest themselves in a serious way.

When my Ascendant progressed into Sagittarius, I did not become a Sagittarius, but I did take on a few traits, like being really straightforward, to the point of being very blunt, and also broadminded and quite the procrastinator.

Natal .... Position .. Action ....Age... Date ............ Location .. Contact
Asc...... 20°Sc43' ..Sextile ....90 .... Aug 23 1962 ...20°Vi41' ... Mercury
Sun..... 05°Ge13' .. Sign .......91 .... Aug 24 1962... 00°Vi33' ....Virgo
MC ......01°Vi31' ....Sextile.... 91 .... Aug 24 1962 .. 01°Cn06'... Mars
Sun.... 05°Ge13'.... House .... 92..... Aug 25 1962 .. 01°Vi31' ...10th House
MC ......01°Vi31'..... Con .......92 .... Aug 25 1962... 01°Vi31' ... Sun

There's where I exit stage left. Not because of those particular progressions, mind you, but because of that and other things going on with transits and the Anareta wants to Tango.

The other benefit to writing out your progressions is that if you don't know the houses, signs, elements and natures (and that would be about 80% of you), then you will when you're done. The elements trine, the natures oppose and square, sextiles are always Fire/Air or Earth/Water etc.

I recommend using some of the minor aspects, like the quincunx, semi-sextile and semi-square.

Often in your life you might notice periods where your relationship with your children, spouse, parents, friends, co-workers or supervisors is a little testy and irritating. I guarantee you'll always find a semi-sextile or semi-square there. And the advantage of knowing that in advance is that you can take a "time-out," give yourself a "yellow card," take a different approach or do other things to make your life and everyone else's more pleasant.

Aspect orbs for progressions are 30' to 1° maximum. In addition to aspects, Planets changing Signs, Houses or going Direct or Retrograde are very important to note. For Planets that go Direct or Retrograde, flip ahead in the ephemeris and look to see if any transiting Planets are conjunct that point, because it will be emphasized. The same is true if a progressed Planet goes Direct or Retrograde at the pre-natal eclipses or the last Moon before birth (which will either be a Full Moon or a New Moon).

What if a progressed Planet goes Direct or Retrograde at the same point where there is a transiting Eclipse or New/Full Moon for that month? I don't know, but note it and look at it in detail later. You can ignore Lunar Eclipses after 3 months, but for Solar Eclipses it'll depend on the nature of the Sign (ie 3 months for Cardinal, 6 months for Mutable and 12 months for Fixed).

After you make your list or table, look at past events and see if you can make sense of them. As I said, not everything will manifest itself in a way that you can physically see. Once you get a feel for past events, you can start looking at future events.

MargaritaMargoMimi

Hello dear friends,
when can i expect some events from this conjuction?
Now the progressed sun is in 11.45 degree in taurus, and my natal venus is in 13.45 degree. What is the orb for this aspect?
This happens in my 10th house.
The sun is ruler of my 1st house, venus is ruler of 4th and 11th houses.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Erulastiel14

Progressions only tell you what's going on internally. Progressions tell the story for how the natal potential unfolds. How the natal potential unfolds at a particular point in time depends on active transits. So to make predictions you need to consider progressions along with transits, which deliver energy and can trigger events. I'll use myself as an example.

I had my progressed Sun conjunct natal Venus from Oct 2009 to just before October 2011. I wasn't hurting for male attention. The most persistent interests I didn't have to go looking for. I also had my progressed Venus trine my MC during this time. You'd think I'd have gotten with someone. Nope. At the time transit Uranus and Saturn were squaring my natal Saturn-Venus-Uranus conjunction so in hindsight it makes sense nothing serious happened.

Now fast forward. In 2016 I'll have progressed Venus sextile my natal Sun. I'm more optimistic about finding love next year because in 2016 I'll have transit Uranus trine my Saturn-Venus-Uranus conjunction and Uranus itself will be in my 5th house, conjoining natal Jupiter.

MargaritaMargoMimi

Hello dear friends,
when can i expect some events from this conjuction?
Now the progressed sun is in 11.45 degree in taurus, and my natal venus is in 13.45 degree. What is the orb for this aspect?
This happens in my 10th house.
The sun is ruler of my 1st house, venus is ruler of 4th and 11th houses.

Thank you.

Hello dear friends,it`s me again with question.
So on 1 st of september it will be the solar eclipse in 9.21 degree in virgo.
It falls in my 2 house ,conjunct my progressed AC. It will make trine with my venus - 13 degree in 10th house and progressed sun over venus 12 degree i 10th house. In other hand i have jupiter in 6th house on 6 degree in capricorn. So, this eclipse will make a grand trine - 2-6-10 houses.
Do you think it will bring something big in my life?
And what could it be.....?
For now i didn`t met someone on aspect progressed sun conjunct natal venus....or it`s too early?
Please analyse this situation...?

Thank you very much:)

P.S. I am 44 years ,devorced with a child - autistic.

dani115nicooole

Progrssed sun conjunct venus or venus conjunct sun doesn't always indicate meeting the love of your life or getting married , it can also mean the birth of a child :) and that child could be the love your life :smile:

This was great info. My progressed sun is conjunct my natal venus, and my progressed Ceres is also conjunct my progressed venus in the 2nd house in capricorn. I've been pregnant before, at the time my progressed moon was in the 8th house so I suffered a pregnancy loss shortly after losing my mom but I am hopeful that it will happen again since that moon is now progressed in 9th and those same placements are present as the last time at this time. I also have jupiter conjunct neptune transiting the 4th house at this time. Lunar return moon & uranus in the 5th house conjunct my natal moon in 6th. Lastly my SR sun/Venus are in conjunction in the 5th house this year. SR moon, neptune and jupiter in the 9th house. all seem like good placements for success in this but Im self taught so we shall see.

Osamenor

Staff member
I had my progressed Sun conjunct my natal Venus when I was 18-19. I did not meet the love of my life then. I did not have a child either. I did have my first serious (emotionally serious, at any rate) romance that year. And got cheated on, too.

Progrssed sun conjunct venus or venus conjunct sun doesn't always indicate meeting the love of your life or getting married , it can also mean the birth of a child :) and that child could be the love your life :smile:

Keep in mind that because Venus is so often close to the sun, the majority of people experience progressed Sun conjunct natal Venus, or vice versa, as children or teenagers. Having that progression when you're old enough to get married, find the love of your life, or become a parent is the exception, not the rule.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
My sun doesn't aspect venus directly.

No one's sun does, unless you count conjunction as an aspect. Venus can never be more than 48 degrees from the sun. To form any aspect other than the conjunction (or certain non-Ptolemaic aspects), the bodies involved have to be at least 60 degrees apart. That can't happen between Sun and Venus.

CapAquaPis

I was born on Feb 15, 1980 (natal sun Aquarius-26' conjunct moon in 20' in the 8th)...and this year, this month and this week: Mar 28, 2022, it's transiting my natal Venus...at 7' Aries conjunct MC 10th. It happens that I went to my first LGBT days festival in the Palm Springs area to better express, explore and openly exhibit a genderfluid identity (esp at the right place, time, and context). To expressed myself a "man" for most of my life, I'm being renewed into a "bigender gyneophile". I'm solely attracted to women in sexual and romantic orientations, as in 2010, I told my parents and friends who "kinda knew" I was.

I long have identified myself with autism though I rejected the "Aspergian" level though the term "high functioning" is now just a variation not a different syndrome, agnostic but not atheist also a variation, of (Oklahoma Osage/ Cherokee) Native American ancestry that has up to 575 federally recognized and 500 state-recognized tribes can be different from each other in any way or levels, a Liberal or now shifting to social center-Left Libertarian independent to now questioned the Democrat party I registered in since I was 18 (In the 1990s, my late Mom talked me out of being a Rush Limbaugh fan, admired militias and felt we had too many laws or taxes), and finally: a part of the LGBTQ or GRSM (stands for Gender, Romanic and Sexual Minorities) community .

1980 is generation X/Y, 2020 was my shift to "middle age", 2021 is when I had COVID (I'm in correspondence with SurvivorCorps although they rather have moderate or severe illness survivors, they covered stories of unusual and post-COVID asymptomatic tales of changes and alterations of their own bodies after infection or a confirmed positive case) and 2000/01 is when I first became an uncle, then an adult; and in my life phase cycle on a natal chart: I'm in an Aquarius (with a Libra, my rising sign is Cancer, since it's starts in the ASC).

CapAquaPis

And I'm aware every year (365 days), the natal sun transits natal venus but in the years 1993 (and later on Jan 27, 1994), 2007 (and earlier on Feb 27) and Mar 27 2020 under the first of 2 lockdowns and Mar 27 last year was tragic on my late Mom's loss the following week, were indeed the most emotional times in my life. The transition from being a child to a teen in 1993-94 period involves sexuality I don't wanna get into, and getting into an online relationship I liked a lot in 2007 that's evolved to a long-distance friendship over the years. :joyful: And the years 1998, 99, 2000 and 01 from one adult age (18) to another (21). The every 12 year cycle would involve a 10th house year (1989 and 2013) are in Aries with the Venus there, from discovering astrology at age 9 to opening up myself to those who know me about my gender identity and the true sexual orientation: A genderfluid man who dreams of being a bride with a bride.

Last edited: