Pluto conjunct angles

geminimoon83

Hi All,

I am seeing Pluto nearing my ascendant in Capricorn and was wondering how many degrees before the actual conjunction does a person begin to feel Pluto and Saturn? Is it 3 degrees before a person truly experiences any transit or are outer planets felt sooner than that? Saturn will conjunct my Ascendant around the same time Pluto does. From experience, THAT is a bad transit. However, I am used to change with a natal Pluto/Saturn (9th) trine moon (5th house). I am going to guess that these future conjunctions to my ascendant will be a very spiritual time for me. There is so much going on in my chart around the years 2019/ 2020. I am hopeful all of this will bring change to my career in a positive way. I have had transit Saturn conjunct MC not very long ago and now transit Saturn conjunct progressed MC. My career has been up and down. Mostly down. I really would love opportunity for change. I am most concerned how these conjunctions will affect my Mars in Taurus since I personally believe the Yod in my chart shows issues with family/home. My Mars and I believe Chiron is apex of a bad Yod. Perhaps the trine would give support to the Mars and Chiron? I experienced a major breakdown of my family within the past year. Actually, it is shocking how quickly my family fell apart.
Any early Cap Ascendants on here? How did your Pluto conjunction go? Did you experience an actual breakdown of the structures in your life that you had long relied on?

Attachments

• Pluto2018.jpg
    Pluto2018.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Pluto2019.jpg
    Pluto2019.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 20

jkxx74

Premium Member
Cap AC here (see my chart) so I had Pluto conjunct the ascendant most of last year.

So there is good news and bad news with this one. When Pluto was 2 degrees away it was actually conjunct my Mercury and that was a transit astro called "Secret investigations" - there was such a thing at work and the fall out from it was nasty as were those two years in general. Major illness, conspiracies at work, relationships falling apart, and in general I thought it would all end. Chances are you'll experience something like this as everything gets torn down when Pluto gets close to the AC.

About a month before the aspect goes exact things will go quiet and very still and all the nastiness will seem to stop - people around you seem very intense at that time and you'll feel as you never have previously in your life. After it crosses the ascendant things change drastically and you find you can alter some things through your own will that you were sure were set in stone and beyond you in the past.

As far career, this transit affects how you see yourself relating to others generally so if your working environment is oppressive or unfair you'll find yourself ready and willing to set the record straight; if coworkers and superiors aren't used to that it may mean you'll have to leave and find a place that's better. If it is a good environment you'll just find yourself making changes more swiftly and with less consideration once you know what you want.

I had Saturn conj p. MC last year as well but it didn't really do anything - other than not getting laid off when many other people did at work. So can't say too much about this one.

geminimoon83

Thank you, Jkxx74 for your reply. I also just read the Pluto transits post elsewhere on the forum, and there seems to be many people talking about the notorious Pluto conjunct ascendant transit. I find it interesting how some people do not notice any transit of Pluto until it hits their ascendant. I need change in my life, but I'm nervous too. Death, job loss, relationship breakups, ill health, and moving all seem to be reoccurring themes with this transit for most people. And like I said, Saturn will also be conjunct my ascendant around the same time. The last time I experienced that transit, I was abandoned by my father, adopted, and relocated. Maybe transiting Pluto and Saturn trining my Taurus Sun, Mercury, Mars, and Chiron will ease things a bit. I hope.

jkxx74

Premium Member
Gemini -

the Pluto transit can also be positive in a way although I have to admit the Saturn one is just tough (room mate is having it at the moment) though I'll do a combined chart for you and have some more transits to give you an idea of what's coming up. I would expect Saturn trines to help a bit (I am having Saturn square Venus at the moment but also with it closely trining prog. Venus and that is helping a little) but there might be other more helpful transits. Stay tuned.

geminimoon83

Gemini -

the Pluto transit can also be positive in a way although I have to admit the Saturn one is just tough (room mate is having it at the moment) though I'll do a combined chart for you and have some more transits to give you an idea of what's coming up. I would expect Saturn trines to help a bit (I am having Saturn square Venus at the moment but also with it closely trining prog. Venus and that is helping a little) but there might be other more helpful transits. Stay tuned.

Yes, it seems like Saturn transits hit me especially hard. The past 5 years have been rough, though I think this year has started to become more settled. I had a hard Pluto opposition to Moon around 2005-2006, I believe. Hard times for me. But I really changed into a different person emotionally. I can't imagine going through times like that again.

jkxx74

Premium Member
charts - first for today, second for March 2019
http://i67.tinypic.com/2vcwzgg.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/30adhqt.jpg

Pluto-Moon is just nasty - had this a few years after you and do not ever want to repeat it. It does look like Pluto will form only nice aspects (the trines you noticed) so it should leave your planets alone for the most part. There are some hard aspects in the distant future but you are looking good on the Pluto side for the next few years.

Now for transits and progressions - I would guess the last couple of months have been rough and if so the problems were mostly caused by Saturn. In the chart for today you have an ongoing t Saturn - prog. Moon square that has been operating since Feb and affects houses 11 and 8. As you have the Ascendant in Cap that makes the Moon (ruler of Cancer on the 7th cusp) and 7th house matters the significator for all progressed Moon transits. So you have probably had difficulties with partnerships and a generally gloomy mood lately - the good news is Saturn has turned retro and will move away from this position in the next 2 weeks so things should start improving rapidly. Saturn complicates things further by a conjunction to your progressed MC so some important events have been happening at work - and due to the square to the Moon it probably looks like they happened at the worst of times.

(You are getting some nice upcoming transits though, such as Jupiter conjuncting your prog. Moon in early July - enjoy! The Moon will also make a square (Oct 2017) and a sextile (Mar 2018) to Venus so you will have some very pleasant times then.)

And there is even more going on in that chart - your progressed Sun is exactly conjunct your Moon/N Node combo this year with the conjunction staying largely clear of harsh aspects to other planets (there is an upcoming opposition to Neptune but that is 3 years away.) This is regarded as a life changing aspect although it is an internal one so you might simply have focused more on matters you care about this year. The N Node conjunction might indicate you will get some support in making things happen there (rahu would have more to say about these aspects.)

Now for the big Pluto conjunction, it is coming in early March 2019 and you get a trio of really important aspects there. Besides the AC aspect your prog. Sun and Moon will form an exact trine with the Sun also trining natal Pluto while the Moon is conjunct it. My guess is that you will be ready and willing to go through with whatever changes Pluto demands at this time as your luminaries will be aligned with the process. One problem to watch out for is the Sun-Neptune opposition as you may not feel like dealing with the intense circumstances head on. Neptune will make it somewhat hard to focus and stay practical. Saturn doesn't cross your AC until Jan 2020 and it will do it with Pluto having crossed over to your 1st house and still in aspect to your Ascendant - you might find that you have an easier time dealing with it with Pluto's help at that point.

Anyway to avoid making this too long, these are some of the major themes and the upcoming transits and configurations look much nicer than what you have been going through the last couple of months.

geminimoon83

Jkxx74-- Thank you again for this! :) Your reply cheered me up considerably, and yes, the past 2-3 months have been very difficult. Difficult with my kids, business, relationship, and emotions in general. I will have to say that I seem to feel major progressions more so than ordinary transits. Not only is Saturn squaring my progressed moon, but transit Uranus is now squaring my ascendant. I have had a difficult time with relationships but especially with my now ex-boyfriend. After 3 years of instability the relationship ended abruptly this past week. That is actually a good thing though. In many ways I feel that I can move forward.

The Pluto Opposite Moon was rough, but I also had Chiron crossing my ascendant around that time too. Not a good time and my life really changed--in many ways for the worse.
I remember Rahu read my chart a few years ago and commented on my Moon conjunct NN. The post was about my relationship with my then boyfriend, and rahu thought that the moon conjunct NN really opened my heart but the opposition to Neptune leaves me very vulnerable to others...especially in relation to my ex-boyfriend. Maybe a little TOO caring and giving within relationships that do not benefit me. Anyway, the Pluto transit has been the transit I have dreaded the most. Since it will be making trines, few harsh aspects, and there will be other aspects supporting me, perhaps that period in my life will not be as bad as I had previously thought. :)

jkxx74

Premium Member
geminimoon, that is a tough combination and with uranus squaring the ascendant you can sometimes have abrupt developments like this (had this last year with some similar outcomes and it affected several different areas). Won't sugar coat the present but hope you get to experience some positive things with the upcoming nicer transits. I tend to react to progressions pretty strongly as well and have noticed these tend to "turn on" the regular transits if present. Otherwise having prog. Moon square Saturn at the moment as well so can relate to how that goes.

Chiron will tend to make things difficult too, had Chiron conjunct Venus a couple of years ago and couldn't wait for that to end. You have Moon-Neptune in hard aspect with Venus in a water sign (familiar combo!) and that will tend to make you more concerned with the needs of others - sometimes it's beneficial if the person is nice, at other times the texts warn about others taking advantage of you. So think of it as a strength but one that shines through with the right people. Pluto can actually come off as a good thing once the aspect becomes exact, although it seems definitely bad beforehand - if you've been wanting to make changes it will be easier right then, so there is that to look forward to.

As for the nice prog. Moon transits, I have the same AC-DC arrangement and can say those will work out well with some confidence - they have tended to coincide with positive times even when normal transits would suggest otherwise and likewise if there didn't seem to be any transits happening then.

You're in the middle of a low it looks like but things should start improving fairly quickly once Uranus moves on from its present position.

geminimoon83

geminimoon, that is a tough combination and with uranus squaring the ascendant you can sometimes have abrupt developments like this (had this last year with some similar outcomes and it affected several different areas). Won't sugar coat the present but hope you get to experience some positive things with the upcoming nicer transits. I tend to react to progressions pretty strongly as well and have noticed these tend to "turn on" the regular transits if present. Otherwise having prog. Moon square Saturn at the moment as well so can relate to how that goes.

Chiron will tend to make things difficult too, had Chiron conjunct Venus a couple of years ago and couldn't wait for that to end. You have Moon-Neptune in hard aspect with Venus in a water sign (familiar combo!) and that will tend to make you more concerned with the needs of others - sometimes it's beneficial if the person is nice, at other times the texts warn about others taking advantage of you. So think of it as a strength but one that shines through with the right people. Pluto can actually come off as a good thing once the aspect becomes exact, although it seems definitely bad beforehand - if you've been wanting to make changes it will be easier right then, so there is that to look forward to.

As for the nice prog. Moon transits, I have the same AC-DC arrangement and can say those will work out well with some confidence - they have tended to coincide with positive times even when normal transits would suggest otherwise and likewise if there didn't seem to be any transits happening then.

You're in the middle of a low it looks like but things should start improving fairly quickly once Uranus moves on from its present position.

I agree, jkxx74, the moon opposition neptune/venus aspect is a hard one. I am beginning to struggle to see any good in it. I think it is the times we live in--people take advantage of more vulnerable souls. The hard lesson for me has been learning the warning signs of such people before I get hurt. It hasn't been easy. In fact this may be one of the worst aspects. Unfortunately, I think people with this aspect have to withdraw more than others and analyze each relationship. I have been harmed a lot in the past 6 years and a lot of it was due to my naivete and being TOO kind.

Uranus square the Ascendant has brought some eccentric people into my life, and this transit has really just begun. I will not be expecting any stable relationships/friendships under this transit, but I have learned a lot from the people it has brought with it. Did you meet eccentric types under this transit?

You're right about my being in a low (feels like an abyss at times lol) and there is no possible way to sugar coat the present or look at any of it in a positive light. It is a time when things are building up to that big Pluto transit. I went back and was going through the current and immediately upcoming transits and it looks like my life is going through emotional upheaval almost right up until the big Pluto transit. From this year on up to 2018/2019 Chiron makes a good amount of negative aspects to progressed planets and to my natal moon. Transit Chiron is squaring Progressed Mars and Progressed Sun, squaring natal Moon. In 2017 Saturn will oppose progressed Sun (I don't really remember transit Saturn opposite natal Sun as being too bad a time for me, though). Also, Pluto will begin its trine with natal Mercury. Looks like a lot of emotional upsets and soul searching. Again, I think events may all be building up to the change Pluto conjunct Ascendant brings. I can only hope that the upcoming nice transits can kind of take my mind off the pain Chiron always tends to bring up. It is looking like 2016 will be my last super bad year for awhile. Hopefully the Pluto transit will be liberating...

jkxx74

Premium Member
Hi GM - what you say sounds right. I would read as the aspect is opening you up to a greater consciousness of sorts if shared with the right people but of course it does it for everyone so you can have opportunistic individuals step in and cause you unneeded suffering. It is generally something that can't be explained to others either so you end up walking the path alone having to put the pieces together as you go.

That transit unfortunately coincided with Pluto conjuncting the AC for me (Uranus sq AC) and why it brought someone significant it also brought some very surprising and unpleasant events surrounding other people acting in a very harmful, sabotaging ways. You are probably not going to get this side of it, but keep an eye out for who's who and what they are doing all the same.

It does look like things are rather bleak for you now (Chiron was conjunct Venus and Mars for me at the same time, neither particularly pleasant) though my hope is that you will experience some of the transits as more impersonal and things to approach as work projects rather than personal attacks on you - but Chiron Mars/Sun will probably feel pretty personal.

I had Saturn square Sun last year - it was a month where nothing worked right and my efforts to get things going again all failed until it was over. The opposition is said to indicate people rather than events though, so maybe bosses and the like in your case will provide the equivalent experience.

I hope it turns good, it always does in the end, but you may have to wade through a few more road blocks along the way. Pluto AC will be worth it but usually that realization only hits once the exact aspect has formed the first time. Before this you're just circling the drain so it can be quite exhausting.